Thermal Lacerta Draft (NEAR PERFECT?)

It is actually excellent that you've said that. I wasn't sure what the etiquette was, and I think that's a large part of the problem, not just in the beywiki section. I totally agree that we should be all looking to get the best article we can, not for fame, I've just not wanted to tread on others toes.
I will likely contribute more to beywiki from now on, especially as I'm taking a break from uni for a while, and need to keep my mind and fingers sharp Cute Along with other contributions to the site, of course Tongue_out
(Jun. 27, 2011  3:48 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2011  1:59 PM)♥ Wrote: I just dug up the instructions and yes, it is legal to flip it over.

Could you scan or take a photograph of it, for future reference and also to see if each mode has a specific name ?

http://i.imgur.com/aTpFb.jpg
sorry guys =(
I guess I was just so obsessed with the article that I overboarded it =(
I am very sorry guys, From this day on, I will now make more articles and let everyone contribute on behalf and not take ALL the credits, split it among everyone =D
thanks guys for teh encouragement=)
Thanks to Th!nk and ♥ =)
Well, I can't really read kanji all that well but the first characters for the modes are definitely 'migi' and 'hidari', which translates to 'right' and 'left' respectively. The middle one is 'kai', meaning round, while the last kanji is 'ten', meaning rotate / revolve.
Chill dude, you're not in trouble :p
(Jun. 28, 2011  8:44 PM)Uwik Wrote: Well, I can't really read kanji all that well but the first characters for the modes are definitely 'migi' and 'hidari', which translates to 'right' and 'left' respectively. The middle one is 'kai', meaning round, while the last kanji is 'ten', meaning rotate / revolve.

... Yes, it is just "Right-spin" and "Left-spin".
Ahh. So would you be able to use the "left spin" mode on a right spin wheel? I'd assume so as you can't change it when using Gravity in a different direction (as that involves removing the tip).
Okay, done. Would be cool if you could look over this, <3, as I'm not sure I'm 100% satisfied with how it reads. A couple of terms here and there may need standardisation, but I'm pretty sure this is up to scratch Smile

Quote:Face: Lacerta
The face on this beyblade depicts Lacerta, the Lizard, one of the 88 constellation in space. The pattern on the Lizard's back, when read from head to tail, reads "LACERTA" in a stylised font.

Clear Wheel: Lacerta
Weight: 2.8 grams
The Lacerta clear wheel is translucent bright pink-red in colour, and takes the form of two lizards (including four small "feet" on each lizard). The black half of each lizard is interrupted by clumps of blue painted "squiggles" which, upon closer observation, can be seen to spell out the word "LACERTA" in a stylised font.

Metal Wheel: Thermal
Weight: 30.5 grams
The Thermal Metal Wheel consists of two large wings which are pointed at their respective beginnings and ends. Thermal is largely based on the Metal System Pisces, and as such, the three notches on the Wheel are representative of a shark's gills. Although it has relatively sharp contact points, they do not protrude far out enough to provide any significant Smash Attack. The Wheel does possess moderate Stamina capabilities due to its relatively round shape, but is considered outclassed for this purpose by Earth, Burn and Hell.

Track: Wing Attacker 130
Weight: 2.2 grams
WA130 is a 130-height track with two aerofoil-shaped “wings” that rotate freely around the track. The direction of these wings can be swapped by removing the “wing” piece, flipping it over, and placing it back on the shaft of the track. These wings are largely negligible in battle, while they offer some minor protection against lower attack-type opponents, there are far better tracks for this purpose. Offensively, the wings are useless due to their free spinning nature. As for stamina, the free-spinning wings can cause scraping along the stadium floor, greatly reducing stamina. As such, it is generally considered to be a useless gimmick.
The only real appeal of this track is its height. The 130 height has proven useful for a number of attack customisations. However, WA130 is arguably the least useful option here, as unlike S130 it is not able to make any significant impact on lower opponents, due to its free spinning nature. In addition, the Fang wheel, the main user of the 130 height, comes with a plain 130 track in its only release, [[Fang Leone 130W2D]].
As WA130 offers little advantage over its un-gimmicked counterpart, it is not considered a worthwhile piece.

Use in Attack Customisation:
If for some reason a blader has Fang and does not have 130 or S130, WA130 can be put to good use in the Attack custom MF Fang Leone WA130RF

Bottom: Hole Flat
Weight: 0.5 grams
HF has a very similar movement speed to that of F, with the main difference being a slight Stamina improvement due to the hole in the middle of the tip. But, with this comes the detriment of even less grip to the stadium floor than F, and also increased fragility.

Overall:
Thermal Lacerta is a blade which consists entirely of outclassed parts. As such, there is little to no reason to buy this beyblade outside of collection purposes.
How come so few words are capitalised.

There is no rule regarding WA130 in TAKARA-TOMY's regulations, so you could use the left-spin mode in a right-spin Beyblade.
If you want I can put in the wiki markup as far as I know it (pretty well, I used to do a little bit of formatting stuff on wikipedia when I was really bored). And re: capitalisation, I need to read a few more articles to get the "standard" down.
Should be done soon, though.
I Wrote:Face: Lacerta
The face on this beyblade depicts Lacerta, the Lizard, one of the 88 constellation in space. The pattern on the Lizard's back, when read from head to tail, reads "LACERTA" in a stylised font.

Clear Wheel: Lacerta
The Lacerta clear Wheel is translucent bright pink-red in colour, and takes the form of two lizards (including four small "feet" on each lizard). The black half of each lizard is interrupted by clumps of blue painted "squiggles" which, upon closer observation, can be seen to spell out the word "LACERTA" in a stylised font.

Metal Wheel: Thermal
The Thermal Metal Wheel consists of two large wings which are pointed at their respective beginnings and ends. Thermal is largely based on the Metal System Pisces, and as such, the three notches on the Wheel are representative of a shark's gills. Although it has relatively sharp contact points, they do not protrude far out enough to provide any significant Smash Attack. The Wheel does possess moderate Stamina capabilities due to its relatively round shape, but is considered outclassed for this purpose by Earth, Burn and Hell.

Track: Wing Attacker 130
WA130 is a 130-height track with two aerofoil-shaped “wings” that rotate freely around the track. The direction of these wings can be swapped by removing the “wing” piece, flipping it over, and placing it back on the shaft of the track. These wings are largely negligible in battle, while they offer some minor protection against lower Attack-Type opponents, there are far better tracks for this purpose. Offensively, they are entirely useless due to their free-spinning nature. As for Stamina, the free-spinning wings can cause scraping along the stadium floor, greatly reducing Stamina. As such, it is generally considered to be a useless gimmick.
The only real appeal of this track is its height. The 130 height has proven useful for a number of Attack customisations. However, WA130 is arguably the least useful option here, as unlike S130 it is not able to make any significant impact on lower opponents, due to its free spinning nature. In addition, the Fang Wheel, the main user of the 130 height, comes with a plain 130 track in its only release, Fang Leone 130W2D.
As WA130 offers little advantage over its un-gimmicked counterpart, it is not considered a worthwhile purchase.

Use in Attack Customisation:
If for some reason a blader has Fang and does not have 130 or S130, WA130 can be put to good use in the Attack custom MF Fang Leone WA130RF

Bottom: Hole Flat
HF has a very similar movement speed to that of F, with the main difference being a slight Stamina improvement due to the hole in the middle of the Tip. But, with this comes the detriment of even less grip to the stadium floor than F, and also increased fragility.

Overall:
Thermal Lacerta is a blade which consists entirely of outclassed parts. As such, there is little reason to buy this Beyblade outside of collection purposes.

I think that's correct standards wise, but yeah, I know you'll all look through it Smile I'm pretty sure that covers the links and everything. Smile

EDIT: Wait, realised I forgot bolding and titles. Give me a few minutes.

Formatted Version (Click to View)
That should be pretty much pastable onto the wiki. I'm pretty sure I have it all right. Just needs pictures Tongue_out

And of course... Review Tongue_out
okay WBO admins,
is this ready for the WBO yet?
Happy Canada Day to everyone living in Canada!!!!
(Jun. 29, 2011  8:39 PM)th!nk Wrote: Face: Lacerta
Face should be capitalized. It's a proper noun in Beyblade terminology.

(Jun. 29, 2011  8:39 PM)th!nk Wrote: Clear Wheel: Lacerta
The Lacerta clear Wheel is translucent bright pink-red in colour, and takes the form of two lizards (including four small "feet" on each lizard).
Clear Wheel should be capitalized as such as well. I dislike "bright pink-red" as a descriptor. The comma and parentheses are unneeded. The sentence can, and probably should, be rewritten. As it stands, it's very unwieldy.

(Jun. 29, 2011  8:39 PM)th!nk Wrote: The black half of each lizard is interrupted by clumps of blue painted "squiggles" which, upon closer observation, can be seen to spell out the word "LACERTA" in a stylised font.
No need to quote "squiggles". "Can be seen to" and "the word" can be left out.

(Jun. 29, 2011  8:39 PM)th!nk Wrote: Metal Wheel: Thermal
This part's fine.

(Jun. 29, 2011  8:39 PM)th!nk Wrote: Track: Wing Attacker 130
WA130 is a 130-height track with two aerofoil-shaped “wings” that rotate freely around the track. The direction of these wings can be swapped by removing the “wing” piece, flipping it over, and placing it back on the shaft of the track.
Track should be capitalized. I honestly don't understand these quotation marks. They are being used improperly. If you are using them in an informal sense, it indicates insecurity in your definition. Drop the quotes or find a more suitable term.

(Jun. 29, 2011  8:39 PM)th!nk Wrote: These wings are largely negligible in battle, while they offer some minor protection against lower Attack-Type opponents, there are far better tracks for this purpose.
This is two sentences mashed together, otherwise known as a comma splice. The hyphen is not needed. Also, "largely negligible", "some minor" and "far better" seem ick to me.

These wings are mostly negligible in battle. While they offer minor protection against lower Attack type opponents, there are better Tracks for this purpose.

(Jun. 29, 2011  8:39 PM)th!nk Wrote: Offensively, they are entirely useless due to their free-spinning nature. As for Stamina, the free-spinning wings can cause scraping along the stadium floor, greatly reducing Stamina. As such, it is generally considered to be a useless gimmick.
Oof. Needs a major rewrite. Lots of weak clauses and redundant phrasing.

They are offensively ineffectual, as their free-spinning nature does not allow for strong hits. The wings may also scrape the stadium floor when tilted, which greatly reduces Stamina. It is for these reasons that WA130 is generally considered a useless gimmick Track.

(Jun. 29, 2011  8:39 PM)th!nk Wrote: The only real appeal of this track is its height. The 130 height has proven useful for a number of Attack customisations.
"Only real" should be replaced with "main" in my opinion.

(Jun. 29, 2011  8:39 PM)th!nk Wrote: However, WA130 is arguably the least useful option here, as unlike S130 it is not able to make any significant impact on lower opponents, due to its free spinning nature.
Ah cha cha. "Unable" over "not able". Also, you missed le hyphen you used earlier in the article, which is actually needed as far as I know.

However, WA130 is arguably the least useful option. Unlike S130, it is unable to make any significant impact on lower opponents due to its free-spinning nature.

(Jun. 29, 2011  8:39 PM)th!nk Wrote: In addition, the Fang Wheel, the main user of the 130 height, comes with a plain 130 track in its only release, Fang Leone 130W2D.
According to a previous section, the 130 height is useful for a number of Attack combinations. Why is one combination coming with a superior Track such a big deal?

(Jun. 29, 2011  8:39 PM)th!nk Wrote: As WA130 offers little advantage over its un-gimmicked counterpart, it is not considered a worthwhile purchase.
Ungimmicky is a real word, but feels iffy to me. I'd rather just say 130.

(Jun. 29, 2011  8:39 PM)th!nk Wrote: Use in Attack Customisation:
Except that it's really not being put to good use. It's being used adequetely.
It's been mentioned enough in previous sections. I think I would just cut this section altogether.

(Jun. 29, 2011  8:39 PM)th!nk Wrote: Bottom: Hole Flat
HF has a very similar movement speed to that of F, with the main difference being a slight Stamina improvement due to the hole in the middle of the Tip. But, with this comes the detriment of even less grip to the stadium floor than F, and also increased fragility.
I just changed the Beywiki article, as this part wasn't that well written.

HF has a very similar movement speed to that of F, with the main difference being a slight Stamina improvement due to the hole in the middle of the tip. However, this comes with the detriment of even less grip to the stadium floor than F, as well as increased fragility.

(Jun. 29, 2011  8:39 PM)th!nk Wrote: Overall:
Thermal Lacerta is a blade which consists entirely of outclassed parts. As such, there is little reason to buy this Beyblade outside of collection purposes.
Take away "As such," and it's fine.

Pretty well written. You have a few issues, namely using too many adjectives and weak phrasing, but nothing too major.
Man, I feel like I've been ripped to shreds Tongue_out

Too many adjectives is SO me. Too many words in general. I'm used to writing really overwrought lab reports Tongue_out

A couple of things: I originally had "main" instead of "only real", but Kei wanted the description to be less positive. TOTALLY HIS FAULT Tongue_out

Weak phrasing I put down to some psychological BS. I'll fix it. Tongue_out

So yeah, I'll try and have it rewritten within the next two days (seeing as I'm hosting that tourney tomorrow).

Oh, and about fang being the main user of 130, that's because other than beat, which performs better on other tracks, it's the only attack bey that's been tested and found to work with it (though I'm using LDD on S130) Kei seemed sceptical about the performance of the 130-height tracks, too. Meh.

Don't get me wrong, I truly appreciate the excellent critique. Thanks Smile
is the Thermal Lacerta article from Th!nk read y yet?
Not yet, I've been busy hosting a tourney, organising results, prizes, and starting to organise another tourney.

That said, I'll do it tonight.

Okay, working on it now.

FWIW, the comma in the CW part is debatable. It depends on your standards. I like it, but I will remove it Smile
Article should be good to go after you've rectified the things Daegor pointed out. However, my suggestion still stands:

(Jun. 27, 2011  2:30 AM)Kei Wrote: I really think we need some more testing of Thermal's Stamina ability ... there has been some hugely conflicting results posted since it was released, but not many people have really followed up on them with their own results.

I want to verify where it stands exactly before we post this article.
Okay, here it is with the majority of Daegor's suggestions, and a couple of other improvements, formatted and not. A couple of things I didn't change, but they're minor, and tbh I think they're fine Uncertain

Unformatted (Click to View)
Formatted (Click to View)

Kei: What matchups do you want tested?
(Jul. 06, 2011  7:02 PM)th!nk Wrote: Kei: What matchups do you want tested?

I'd like Thermal vs. Burn, Earth, and Virgo to be re-tested.
Only got the 3 min Virgo, but no one seems to test with the 5 minute Virgo. Also, only got mold 2 of the others. Will that do? Given that mold differences aren't noted on our tier list, and Mold 2 of either is still viable competitively for stamina, I figure it's fine. Virgo, I'm less sure?

I can test against all three, but a single height would be easier as I don't have enough time to do all three major heights. The majority of testing in that thread was 85, so would that be okay?
(Jul. 06, 2011  9:36 PM)th!nk Wrote: Only got the 3 min Virgo, but no one seems to test with the 5 minute Virgo. Also, only got mold 2 of the others. Will that do? Given that mold differences aren't noted on our tier list, and Mold 2 of either is still viable competitively for stamina, I figure it's fine. Virgo, I'm less sure?

I can test against all three, but a single height would be easier as I don't have enough time to do all three major heights. The majority of testing in that thread was 85, so would that be okay?

Three minute Virgo is fine.

Use a 145 height with B.
Only got the one B, would two Mint WD's be okay?
(Jul. 06, 2011  11:05 PM)th!nk Wrote: Only got the one B, would two Mint WD's be okay?

Aha, well if you're willing to use two mint WD's that's fine.
I've got a fair few mint ones. I do need to get another B though. Glad to see that's been adopted/recognised, though.

Gonna start testing now, anyway.
Here ya go. Didn't do well.

Standard conditions.
BB-10 ATK stadium, beylauncher, alternating launches (thermal launches first R1), MW’s swapped after 10 rounds.
100% launch, my launch causes circling around the centre. This also means there are a few KO’s from strong impacts, etc etc.
Both WD’s MINT. Both CW identical, down to the stickers, faces both from the MLD URS, tracks from two basalt horogiums, no rattling at all. WD manufacturers are different, but seriously, come on.
Burn Mold 2, Thermal is Hasbro (no mold changes noted). Earth TT Mold 2, Virgo is a 3 Minute Mold (who has a 5MM any more?). Used a Hasbro Bull CW against Virgo for supposedly optimal results.
No grip used because I’m steadier without one.

Anything else, try to imagine perfect conditions, because srsly, I’m a science student and a perfectionist.

Thermal Cancer 145WD vs Burn Cancer 145WD
Detailed results (Click to View)
Thermal Winrate: 2/20 (2KO) = 10%
Burn Winrate: 18/20 (3KO) = 90%

Thermal Cancer 145WD vs Earth Cancer 145WD

Detailed Results (Click to View)
Thermal Winrate: 4/20 (OS)= 20%
Earth Winrate: 16/20 (2KO) = 80%

Thermal Bull 145WD vs Virgo 145WD
Detailed Results (Click to View)
Thermal Win Rate: 4/20 (all KO) = 20%
Virgo Win Rate: 16/20 (7KO, 9OS) = 80%
Attack Stadium
Launcher Grip + BeyLauncher for both
Alternating Shots
WDs swapped every five battles
Both WDs worn
KOs re-done (because we merely want to find out which has better Stamina, nothing else)

Thermal Pisces DF145WD vs. Burn (Mold 1 ...?) Pisces DF145WD
Thermal Pisces DF145WD: 10 wins
Burn Pisces DF145WD: 0 wins
Thermal win percentage: 100%

These results are especially odd because I used the same Burn Wheel as I did last year for my Stamina Wheel Testing thread.

Thermal Pisces DF145WD vs. Burn (Mold 2 ...?) Pisces DF145WD
Thermal Pisces DF145WD: 4 wins
Burn Pisces DF145WD: 6 wins
Thermal win percentage: 40%

(Not sure about the Burn molds; the one I've labelled as "Mold 1" has larger gaps on its underside than "Mold 2" does. Someone correct me if I have the molds wrong).

Thermal Pisces DF145WD vs. Earth (Mold 2) Pisces DF145WD
Thermal Pisces DF145WD: 5 wins
Burn Pisces DF145WD: 4 wins
1 draw
Thermal win percentage: 50%

Thermal Pisces DF145WD vs. Virgo (3.5 minute mold) DF145WD
Thermal Pisces DF145WD: 10 wins
Burn Pisces DF145WD: 0 wins
Thermal win percentage: 100%

No competition at all from Virgo.

I don't know what to believe anymore LOL. We need another person to do testing; if they seem to have similar results to yours, th!nk, I'll just accept that my results are an anomaly or something.