Thermal Lacerta Draft (NEAR PERFECT?)

Rewrote the Clear Wheel for ya, to make it more professional. Most of it is a rephrasing of what <3 suggested, but yeah. I think it reads more professionally, as yours has a lot of repeated words etc.

I Wrote:The Lacerta clear wheel is translucent bright pink-red in colour, and is shaped like two lizards (including four small "feet" on each lizard). The black half of each lizard is interrupted by clumps of blue painted "squiggles" which, upon closer observation, can be seen to spell out the word "LACERTA" in a stylised font.

Futhermore, the face could include more detail, as there's print running down that lizard.
I Wrote:Face: Lacerta
The face on this beyblade depicts Lacerta, the Lizard, one of the 88 constellation in space. The pattern on the Lizard's back, when read from head to tail, reads "LACERTA" in a stylised font.

Lastly, just use <3's description for HF, it reads much nicer.

After that, I'm 99% sure it's ready for beywiki.

And yeah, you're free to use all this for your article blah blah blah
Haven't had time to comment on this so far, but you've definitely nailed WA130, th!nk. I prefer your version much more than mine, haha. That should definitely be used.

I didn't write HF, stole it off Beywiki, haha - still, taking th!nk's edits into consideration I think it's pretty much ready too.
I really think we need some more testing of Thermal's Stamina ability ... there has been some hugely conflicting results posted since it was released, but not many people have really followed up on them with their own results.

(Jun. 16, 2011  5:52 PM)♥ Wrote: I also left out the destabilisation portion of the article even though Ultrablader suggested it; this is only a reflection of the fact that I'm not completely convinced by their overall effectiveness as a type, and the fact that I feel Thermal is poor in that respect. I'm happy to add a bit on it if you can show me otherwise.

This is exactly how I feel. Pure "destabilizers" have never been a competitively viable type.

(Jun. 24, 2011  2:24 PM)th!nk Wrote: @♥ I don't think WA130 is the worst option at all, in my opinion the extra weight and slight ability to hit lower beys even a little is worthwhile (plus, it does provide some minor protection, I believe there was testing on that), though, obviously, I'd not buy it just for WA130.

WA130 is garbage. I don't want to hint at any notion of usefulness in it's description, so we're going to go with ♥'s description. There is no way you would ever choose WA130 over anything; your suggestion at the end is just grasping at straws, in my opinion. And besides, 130 as a height for Attack combinations is not popular by any means, and I don't see why you wouldn't generally use a 145-height Track over a 130-height one anyways.

I wouldn't want anyone to think "Oh, I should get Thermal Lacerta so I can use WA130 as a replacement for _______", when really, it is the worst option of all.

Regarding what you said in your description:
(Jun. 24, 2011  2:24 PM)th!nk Wrote: The direction of these wings can be swapped by removing the “wing” piece, flipping it over, and placing it back on the shaft of the track.

Is this legal? I don't remember it being the "intended use" ...
(Jun. 27, 2011  2:30 AM)Kei Wrote: Is this legal? I don't remember it being the "intended use" ...

Yes, I am quite sure that is part of the gimmick.
okay I put the last bit of part from Th!nk's article into the draft and the whole part of Heart's into the drafty
thanks for the drafts guys, hope this is ready for the WBO
Hm, now I am not too certain about WA130's wings being legally flipped ... After posting my previous message, I looked for whatever may have made me think that it was confirmed as legal, but I cannot find anything. Was it in a video ? I thought it was in the anime, but I see nothing when I look at my screenshots. Was it in the manual, which I seemingly never posted ?
I am pretty sure the wings could be flipped, but the direction doesn't get affected by this flipping I am pretty sure!
(Jun. 27, 2011  5:34 AM)SlayerlvX Wrote: I am pretty sure the wings could be flipped, but the direction doesn't get affected by this flipping I am pretty sure!

The wings can be removed from the core of the Track simply because it is easier to manufacture that way. However, it is very important to know if it is legal to flip them so they face the other way. In the past I had the conviction that it could legally be done, but now I cannot find the confirmation again ...
(Jun. 27, 2011  5:24 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, now I am not too certain about WA130's wings being legally flipped ... After posting my previous message, I looked for whatever may have made me think that it was confirmed as legal, but I cannot find anything.

Exactly. I'm questioning it because I never remember reading that flipping it was legal. You're probably correct that the wings can be removed from the core of the Track simply because it is easier to manufacture that way; they've reused a similar core on many different Tracks.
It's a unique core because of it's height, and as it's directional, I imagine it's flippable if only so it can be used in the correct direction for Left-Spin beys. It was an assumption however, I always believed it was legal because it was simple to do and didn't seem to be a major thing. I can't dig out my instruction booklet right now, though Uncertain
That said, is it really that big a deal? I mean, it's a rarely used part, does it matter if people are flipping it over? It's generally just an aesthetic change.

Could you at least marry <3's description to mine, I like the aerofoil part of my description, I think it's worth mentioning, because it is a very uniquely designed piece.

I stand by what I said about usefulness, I believe 130 has been shown to be the best height for Fang, and I'm personally using it on my LDD, though tests on that will need to wait til after I've removed an overly-thick paint job I applied, and maybe after my tourney.

That said, give me an hour or two and I can do up a new description for it without the contentious points, once you've worked out whether it can be flipped or not, depending if that's done before I go to work,otherwise, it'll be tomorrow Smile

The reason for 130, is because it differs from 145. Basically, it usually lets you hit lower opponents (with the right wheel), while also being tall enough to dent 230. It's a surprisingly useful height, actually. Plus, it sits above BD145, whereas some wheels on CH120 or 125 won't. (Again, the reason to avoid 145 is to make good metal-on-metal contact with lower beys, instead of using the plastic or rubber of H145, SW145 or R145).
Still, WA130 vs 130 can be toned down, as I doubt there's any real difference in performance.

That said, I'm all for altering the conclusion to state strongly that there's no reason to buy this beyblade, as the main wheel WA130 is useful for already comes with a plain 130, and the performance difference would be negligible.

As far as I recall, Thermal's stamina ability was effective only against Earth-based stamina customs, from testing, it didn't work against burn, so I suspect it's shape may have had something to do with that (destabilisation). However, I've not tested it myself (I think I got Hell before Thermal, and have been using Hell for stamina almost since it arrived).

Hope that's not too long, I wanted to cover everything that's come up Smile
I think by pink he was referring to the plastic, but you are correct.
I just dug up the instructions and yes, it is legal to flip it over.
Right then, I'll compile all this into a "final draft" if no one minds (slayer lvx, that ok by you? Credit's still yours).
Well...
If you give credits to me...
Okay fine, I will agree because I know how badly you wanted to do a thermal lacerta article so... Sure
give me credits though Wink
(Jun. 27, 2011  1:59 PM)♥ Wrote: I just dug up the instructions and yes, it is legal to flip it over.

Could you scan or take a photograph of it, for future reference and also to see if each mode has a specific name ?
is this draft ready for the WBO admin(s)???
(Jun. 27, 2011  3:04 PM)SlayerlvX Wrote: Well...
If you give credits to me...
Okay fine, I will agree because I know how badly you wanted to do a thermal lacerta article so... Sure
give me credits though Wink
I couldn't have written it without the whole skeleton provided by your draft, and I'm not interested in getting credit for it, really, I just want it to have a really good article Tongue_out. I'll have the article done tomorrow, I had a doctors appointment today, so it's not done yet Smile
Um....
Th!nk
I am pretty sure you said you woudl give me credits for???
" (slayer lvx, that ok by you? Credit's still yours)."
explain that
Credit's is "Credit IS"
as in, you get the credit/rep for writing it Tongue_out

If you don't want me to do it, that's cool.
Well...
You can do it completely...
But...
I just like just extremely little credit if you know what I mean
Awesome, I will.

Of course you get credit, you wrote the whole basis of it Tongue_out Heck, I never realised what the squiggles said until I read your draft Tongue_out
omg really who cares
I dunno, in case Slayerlvx cares, I don't want to hijack his article without his permission you know. I like to try and tread lightly with people who are decent Tongue_out

I'll have it done tomorrow, barring emergencies Smile
Honestly, so much time is wasted because people are too afraid to make changes to other people's work. It's a wiki, everyone freely contributes; there is a reason why there is no acknowledgement on the article of the author. Yes, we award a Face in recognition of significant Beywiki contribution, but the idea of Beywiki isn't to gain credit, but to compile a database of knowledge from willing volunteers. If it matters that much to you, I'm not sure this is the right place for you.

That wasn't directed at you th!nk, and we're grateful for your input - nor is it specifically addressing SlayerlvX; this is part of a wider problem where a number of members of the forum are obsessed with claiming articles as their own - Beywiki is a group effort; even if you wrote every single word of an article and uploaded it yourself with pictures, it would not be possible without the indirect input of so many others.

I'm sorry to bring up such a sour note on what is an amazing project, but please, if more people could just be a bit more mindful, it would be even more awesome.