The art of the start: Weak launch!

I'll go ahead and do some testing then nice theory dan Smile
Last week, when I was just playing around with my Beyblades, with my sister playing with me, I launch really hard, but she doesn't have much strength and is scared of breaking her accessories and my Attack Stadium, so she launches really weakly.
I thought she was toast with they way she launches, but she beat me every single time we played.

While watching the Beyblade up close, you realize that when the opposing Beyblade's rotations are really low, there is not much more rotations to lower with Attacks, so they're attacks don't really make a difference, eventually the Attack type Beyblades lose stamina and die out. It is really interesting to see that happen.

I will test if I can make some time, but don't count on it.
(Jun. 27, 2011  10:21 AM)Electric Wrote: when the opposing Beyblade's rotations are really low, there is not much more rotations to lower with Attacks, so they're attacks don't really make a difference,
The way your thinking is different: you can lower the rotations perfectly fine by brutally smashing the bey but the collision is hindered with the difference in rotations. (therefore making it very hard to get that brutal smash to inevitably OS/KO the other bey.)
(Jun. 27, 2011  10:35 AM)Dan Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2011  10:21 AM)Electric Wrote: when the opposing Beyblade's rotations are really low, there is not much more rotations to lower with Attacks, so they're attacks don't really make a difference,
The way your thinking is different: you can lower the rotations perfectly fine by brutally smashing the bey but the collision is hindered with the difference in rotations. (therefore making it very hard to get that brutal smash to inevitably OS/KO the other bey.)

It seemed like that happened anyway.

I also noticed that when the opposing Beyblade has a high RPM, it can be more easily hit. But when it's RPM is low, it seems to easily dodge the attacks with such relaxed movement patterns, and it makes it harder to hit, because of the huge difference in speed.
That is the whole point of this thread.
here you go......
Standard procedures
launch:my launch for MF lightning ldrago BD145RF
normal shoot for others
stadium: bb-10 attack
launchers:custom launcher grips for both bey types..........

MF Lightning L-Drago BD145RF VS Burn Aquario AD145WD(FULL POWER LAUNCH)
LLD:16/20(all ko's)
BA:4/20 (all outspin's)
20% WIN RATE

MF Lightning L-Drago BD145RF VS Burn Aquario AD145WD(20% Power launch)
lld:9/10
ba:1/10
(I would have done 20 but it didnt go so well for BA)
earth (mold1) bull AD145SD( FULL POWER) VS MF Gravity Perseus 90RF(Defense mode,left spin):
GP:12/20
EB:8/20

earth (mold1) bull AD145SD(20% Power) VS MF Gravity Perseus 90RF(Defense mode,left spin):
GP:10/20
EB:10/20
for a second it seemed as though Earth bull was going to lose but in the end it won by a while

maybe a basalt or hell+BD145WD(boost) could match MF lightning Ldrago BD145RF
MF lightning Ldrago BD145RF VS Basalt bull AD145CS(100%):
lld:13/20
bb:7/20
30%

MF lightning Ldrago BD145RF VS Basalt bull AD145CS(20%):
lld:7/20
bb:13/20
70%

awesome results if I do say so myself hope you guys liked em ..... Smile
Hmm. A bit of half, Half. OK I guess but it doesn't show great results for Weak launching. I mean there was a small difference but even you said with the Earth Bull AD145SD v Gravity Perseus 90RF that it was by a tiny margin .
(Jun. 27, 2011  12:25 PM)Chups Wrote: Hmm. A bit of half, Half. OK I guess but it doesn't show great results for Weak launching. I mean there was a small difference but even you said with the Earth Bull AD145SD v Gravity Perseus 90RF that it was by a tiny margin.

I clearly said it won by a while!!!!
Wow that is cool , I will test the exact same thing tomorrow Wink
and switching from 30% to 70% how is that "OK" thats great especially against MF lightning LDrago BD145RF
My point remains. I dont mind what you say. Compared to Dan's results it is pretty Puny.
(Jun. 27, 2011  12:33 PM)Chups Wrote: My point remains. I dont mind what you say. Compared to Dan's results it is pretty Puny.

You don't have to go bashing him, he got some results!
I'll stick them all up on OP, thanks a lot Blaze!
(Jun. 27, 2011  1:18 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2011  12:33 PM)Chups Wrote: My point remains. I dont mind what you say. Compared to Dan's results it is pretty Puny.

You don't have to go bashing him, he got some results!
I'll stick them all up on OP, thanks a lot Blaze!

No Problem Dan anyways decided to do some more testing to compare to yours....
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs AD145CS(20% Power) VS MF Gravity Perseus D125RF(Normal CW,left spin,defense mode):
GP:2
BK:18
90% win rate
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs AD145CS(100% Power) VS MF Gravity Perseus D125RF(Normal CW,left spin,defense mode):
GP:9
BK:11
55%
i have ran into a problem, i can not find my WD and SD, and unfortunately FS is KOed to easily (though that might be because i am using the perseus attack). once i find WD or SD i will do the tests

still, amazing results
Use any tip, I don't care. Combinations don't really matter, but that the idea in OP holds true.
yeah, its odd, my bro shot super weak with his WD combo and i lot using MFLLDBD145LRF 6 times in a row, and Dan, i watched your vid, its super cool that WD withstands RF/LRF!!!!
(Jun. 27, 2011  5:36 PM)Dan Wrote: Use any tip, I don't care. Combinations don't really matter, but that the idea in OP holds true.

Any tip besides MS. I just tested it and here are my results:
MF-L Lightning L-Drago (Upper Mode) 90 RF vs Dark Leone 105 MS (I know, it was a stupid combo, don't tell me) (Click to View)
lol are you using a BB-10 Attack Stadium?
(Jun. 27, 2011  6:39 PM)Dan Wrote: lol are you using a BB-10 Attack Stadium?
exactly what I was thinking!
and I got very different reults

MS went form 0%
to 40% not much but still different!
(Jun. 27, 2011  6:39 PM)Dan Wrote: lol are you using a BB-10 Attack Stadium?

Oh, yeah, I am. I'll just put that in there
Okay, how did you not get a single KO on Dark at 20%?
I'm not too sure, I can post a video, but not right now as it's currently 11:30 pm here. There were a lot of good hits, but they kept sending it into the walls.
Alright, I'll take your word on it. :V
This is a cool find, and like so many other things, seems so logically obvious, haha. I will post up some formal testing later, but first impressions of this are pretty cool.
Wow, pretty nice find Dan! That's really weird how the weaker launches can beat the stronger ones, rofl. I'll keep this launch type in mind.