The State of the Customisation Forum

Some people need to understand that RF, used in a defensive role, is just as legal as using it in a stamina role. There have been many instances in customisation threads, where the spreading of rumours about RF being illegal has gotten frustrating.
(Mar. 09, 2011  6:23 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Some people need to understand that RF, used in a defensive role, is just as legal as using it in a stamina role. There have been many instances in customisation threads, where the spreading of rumours about RF being illegal has gotten frustrating.

What? People think worn RFs are illegal, didnt they read any tournament rules were it says any think other than natural wearing is illegal? that would get kinda annoying having to correct every one who thinks that worn RFs are illegal even tho it's a naturally worn rubber
(Mar. 10, 2011  2:53 AM)Callum6939 Wrote:
(Mar. 09, 2011  6:23 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Some people need to understand that RF, used in a defensive role, is just as legal as using it in a stamina role. There have been many instances in customisation threads, where the spreading of rumours about RF being illegal has gotten frustrating.

What? People think worn RFs are illegal, didnt they read any tournament rules were it says any think other than natural wearing is illegal? that would get kinda annoying having to correct every one who thinks that worn RFs are illegal even tho it's a naturally worn rubber

it was the mods who said a worn RF is illegal
it is becuase even when tips are worn naturally it changes the performance, when RF is in its best for defence it is illegal because its movement is changed to something it shouldn't be

but a new/prime state RF is fine for defence
(Mar. 10, 2011  3:01 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2011  2:53 AM)Callum6939 Wrote:

it was the mods who said a worn RF is illegal
it is becuase even when tips are worn naturally it changes the performance, when RF is in its best for defence it is illegal because its movement is changed to something it shouldn't be

but a new/prime state RF is fine for defence

hmmm... ok sounds odd as ill have to keep buying loads of RF then Pinching_eyes_2
I'm not commenting on Worn RFs' legality. I'm merely saying that people misinterpret Mint RFs for illegal ones just because they are in a "Defence" customisation.
(Mar. 10, 2011  10:45 AM)BladeStorm Wrote: I'm not commenting on Worn RFs' legality. I'm merely saying that people misinterpret Mint RFs for illegal ones just because they are in a "Defence" customisation.

I've seen you mention this a few times and it's absolutely correct. I won't comment on how effective a mint/semi-worn RF is for Defense purposes, but as long as it is still moving significantly it is in no way illegal.

World Beyblade Organization Rule Book Standard Version Release 3.5 Wrote:Illegal Modification

The wearing down of parts, even through natural wear, that significantly alters the shape or performance of the part.
(Mar. 09, 2011  6:07 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2011  4:09 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: The Hasbro combo thread is cluttered with nonesense half the time and there are no set rules...a sub forum ment specificly for Hasbro would be nice in addition a set of rules should also be made. If you guys want, I have some basic rules all ready laid out and written down. i was considering making a thread for this but i wanted to play it safe (nobody make a thread yet)

i made rules (good rules) for that thread a while back, i can show them to you

but yes i agree there is some nonsense in it, thats why i made the rules (that like no one looked at, i think i will repost it)

please do show

and in case you haven't done so already(have not checked the thread recently) please ban the testing of PTW completely. We had a discussion on that before and the majprity of us seemed to have agreed.

Again, I will ask mods to please consider making a Hasbro combos sub thread, as the way things are now, it is impossible to learn anything from the Hasbro Thread.
^Plus, it would allow us to post our own threads about new combos and not be ignored by the multitudes of other people who want to say something random or post more supporting tests for combos that we know are already top-tier.
(Mar. 11, 2011  3:32 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote:
(Mar. 09, 2011  6:07 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2011  4:09 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: The Hasbro combo thread is cluttered with nonesense half the time and there are no set rules...a sub forum ment specificly for Hasbro would be nice in addition a set of rules should also be made. If you guys want, I have some basic rules all ready laid out and written down. i was considering making a thread for this but i wanted to play it safe (nobody make a thread yet)

i made rules (good rules) for that thread a while back, i can show them to you

but yes i agree there is some nonsense in it, thats why i made the rules (that like no one looked at, i think i will repost it)

please do show

and in case you haven't done so already(have not checked the thread recently) please ban the testing of PTW completely. We had a discussion on that before and the majprity of us seemed to have agreed.

Again, I will ask mods to please consider making a Hasbro combos sub thread, as the way things are now, it is impossible to learn anything from the Hasbro Thread.

i posted it in the testing thread, i did ban PTW test for attack/defence testing, stamina testing is fine though

what do you mean by "Hasbro combos sub thread"?
We mean that you make a sub-forum for Hasbro combos. That would provide all of our advantages stated, plus people wouldn't be putting Hasbro tested combos randomly as new threads in the TT forum, which would be the main forum or another sub-forum. This is kinda like what happened with the Marketplace.
perhaps we should let Mobile and SV stadiums back in? no real conclusive testing was done on them anyway, cause after PTW no one even bothered to care. Plus they both have unique attributes. SV, while increbibly small, suprisingly favors all types and Mobile is severly untested, and its the only Hasbro stadium from the BMF/MFB series to use hard plastic, and not PVC.

Im not sure about the new Burning Firestrike, as I have seen no testing from it yet.

and yes, I ment sub forum, sorry.
Hasbro and TT are a whole lot close than Buying and Selling.
What I mean is that people will still post in the TT section with Haz tests.. :V Or am I wrong?

(Mar. 11, 2011  5:22 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: perhaps we should let Mobile and SV stadiums back in? no real conclusive testing was done on them anyway, cause after PTW no one even bothered to care. Plus they both have unique attributes. SV, while increbibly small, suprisingly favors all types and Mobile is severly untested, and its the only Hasbro stadium from the BMF/MFB series to use hard plastic, and not PVC.

There have been tests with Mobile, search it.
Hard plastic + its shape completely mess up tips like SF by the way.
i myself was thinking of a hasbro sub-forum, but i thought it would never pass so i gave up the thought

the SVS is carp for attack, it is as bad as the PTW from what i have seen, i dont know much of the mobile but i heard it is to small <-anyways this is getting offtopic, i think
I love SF...destabalizers ftw...this information makes me not happy...ok then no mobile then. At the least, SV should be under discussion, for fairness, but its chances of being allowed are slim.

Regarding the Sub forum, you would 1st, have to be a complete idiot to miss the giant orange link that would say something like "Hasbro Combo Testing" and those people would just get warnings anyways. 2nd, it is obvious it will happen, but lets be honest here, when was te last time this forum went a day where at least a useless thread wasn't closed, or spammers weren't blocked. Its an active forum based around a semi popular hobby, so bounds of people like that start to show up eventualy, like it or not. 3rd and most importantly, for organizational issues. As I said before, It is near impossible to get conclusove info
out of the hasbro forum the way it is now.
edit: agreed. lets only talk about the sub forum possibility for now i guess, as weather or not certain stadiums are legal is kinda off topic to this thread.
I'm for SV because for most people, it's the only stadium they have. But back on topic, I'm pro-subforum. Any other opinions?
(Mar. 11, 2011  6:32 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: I'm for SV because for most people, it's the only stadium they have. But back on topic, I'm pro-subforum. Any other opinions?

I'm against sub-forums, I don't want the website to be divided into 2 different games. I'd love to see more organised competetive play, of which I think the division stifles.
Yeah, for real. Considering none of the Hasbro Stadiums are even legal for WBO play, I don't really think it's worth dedicating that much effort into it.

Takara Tomy Attack Stadiums are honestly pretty easy to get a hold of now ...
(Mar. 12, 2011  2:04 AM)♥ Wrote: Yeah, for real. Considering none of the Hasbro Stadiums are even legal for WBO play, I don't really think it's worth dedicating that much effort into it.

the thread is for those who cant get a TT attack (like they are not allowed), and even though it might be easy it is too expensive for some to import ($30+ for , my dads words not mine, a "piece of plastic" is too much)

i will still put effort as not all can get a TT attack
(Mar. 12, 2011  2:04 AM)♥ Wrote: Yeah, for real. Considering none of the Hasbro Stadiums are even legal for WBO play, I don't really think it's worth dedicating that much effort into it.

BUTTHEY'RETOOEXPENSIVE
@Bladrstorm: That is merly idealistic. The Habsbro and TT metagames can never become 1, as it causes countless and pointless debates and the stadiums, gear, pRt weights, etc are way to different.

@<3: I don't think you understand here...I am not going to spend $30 bucks for a piece of plastic and have it imported from Japan, and then pay all the ridiculous shipping fees, just when I can by an $8 at a store near walking distance. TOO EXPENSIVE AND NOT WORTH THE PRICE.

Saying it is pointless is like saying everything Hasbro does doesnt matter. We are trying to establish an entirly seperate metagame with its own combos, stratagies, and hell, maybe one day its own set of tourney rules. while that may be getting ahead of myself, Hasbro needs its own metagame. if one isnt made, thats basiy telling the hindreds of hasbro users on the forums that they have nothing to contribute to the forum.

The creation of a sub forum not only benifits the hasbro metagame, but the TT one as well. That way, there is no clutter and real Attack Stadium tests are not muxed up with noobish PTW tests (we did decide to ban PTW anyway though from our own metagame)
Not worth the price is totally subjective, because all of us who do own Attack Type BeyStadiums find that it is really worth it. Actually, we as a competitive community make it really worth it ... We promote it. You cannot say that there is no purpose to buying one.
(Mar. 12, 2011  4:19 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Not worth the price is totally subjective, because all of us who do own Attack Type BeyStadiums find that it is really worth it. Actually, we as a competitive community make it really worth it ... We promote it. You cannot say that there is no purpose to buying one.

yes, but we are trying to make hasbro stadiums (LF and MXS) "worth it" by finding combos that do good in it.

the reason why everybody thinks the TT attack is the greatest thing ever is because no one tried to show that hasbro stadiums can be good until now, and even now hasbro stadiums are still shunned.

like LeonTempestXIII said, by saying that hasbro stadiums are worthless is like telling people, with hasbro stadiums only, that they can't contribute
Look all me and Lord Wolfblade want is to expand the circle that is beyblade. We aren't asking for much, and us usking for an organized sub forum seems more than reasonable. Please just trust Lord Wolfblade and I, and at the very least Kai-V, take this under consideration. This isn't just another blind dream. We have a basis for set rules, regulations, etc. TT will always be the dominant metagame, because the TT Attack Stadium is the best. But lets give others a chance to contribute. We understand that. That does not mean we can continue to ignore the Hasbro Metagame though. Agian, I beg you Kai-V, to consider every benifit this possibility has to offer. Agian, we dont want or need an entire forum or section, just a sub forum is all. I do not believe we are asking for anything outrageous or unreasonable.
But what different would you guys do in a "Hasbro" forum?
I don't see what things you would do that would be any different from what you have now.

You can't just say please, you have to have a set idea, it has to be reasonable, effective, and so on.
We already gave our reasons on the last page. Prevent confusion, ideas don't become ignored, more accessibility and easier to test, more contributions, etc.