The State of the Customisation Forum

You may have noticed that this particular part of the WBO has been particularly "low-quality". The days when the customisations forum was the home of interesting concepts and stimulating discussion are long gone, and we all need to take collective responsibility!

There are two main problems to be addressed. Firstly, there is a distinct drop in quality in all the threads being opened. It is simply not good enough to write out your customisation, and declare “it is good”, or even worse, ask if it is good - there shouldn’t really be any threads asking whether a customisation is good if you do not have access to the parts. To rectify this, we should make a few things clear:
  • Explain the concept : we need to know what it is you are trying to achieve, how, in what conditions, etc. This is already in the Information Box in the Customisation Forum, so we're not sure why people aren't sticking to this!
  • Please post some test results if you think your customisation has potential. Do not just say “it beats everything!”

However, there is another problem with this forum. There is generally a distinct sense of arrogance here; members are often flippant and dismissive of suggestions, which is extremely discouraging. I’m not calling anyone out in particular over this – in fact, I’m more than guilty of this on more than one occasion. We should all do something about our attitude: if you see a new customisation, don’t just dismiss it immediately; perhaps try it out. It’s been proved time and time again that we cannot rely on theory when dealing with Beyblade customisations. We can all learn from others, so please be open-minded! If everyone sat so content, there would be no exciting customisations coming out of this forum – surprise surprise, this is our current plight.

We'll be cracking down on people who are ruining this section for others much harder now - just make sure you don't get caught out!

For a better Beycommunity, where customisation plays such a vital role in the hobby we all love – let’s improve the customisations forum!
Sounds good. I think I'll contribute to this Forum soon.
So what happens if a combo posted is legitimately terrible -- and a poster responds with facts as to why it's a terrible combo?

I mean, obviously you have to go about it in a non-jerky way...but there's really no nice way to say "Dark has a ton of recoil, I've tried this and it's pretty bad".

Either way, the OP is going to take offense to someone disputing their combo (especially new posters that don't know about recoil and weights like some other users do)
(May. 23, 2010  3:30 AM)Corey Wrote: So what happens if a combo posted is legitimately terrible -- and a poster responds with facts as to why it's a terrible combo?

I mean, obviously you have to go about it in a non-jerky way...but there's really no nice way to say "Dark has a ton of recoil, I've tried this and it's pretty bad".

Either way, the OP is going to take offense to someone disputing their combo (especially new posters that don't know about recoil and weights like some other users do)
The idea is that members should only post combinations that they have tested, and for which they can publicly post results that clearly show how good it is. If they make a topic about a customization that they think is good or claim is good but provide no results with fair conditions as presented by Hiro Ayami, then seriously I would warn them after this topic.
Oh, I get it.

Thank you for the clarification!
is there gonna be a rule on what sorta testing is done like only test against current top tiers?
its getting abit anouying how people are post up results agsints none top tier combos when it doesnt realy prove anything
Just an idea, if you can make tags in the marketplace, it'd be pretty swell (though unecessary) to make [Plastic] [HMS] [MFB] tags.
(May. 30, 2010  4:37 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: Just an idea, if you can make tags in the marketplace, it'd be pretty swell (though unecessary) to make [Plastic] [HMS] [MFB] tags.

You should post that in this thread.

Nice thread idea, i'm going to be focusing on making a good stamina beyblade using the parts I have.
(May. 30, 2010  4:37 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: Just an idea, if you can make tags in the marketplace, it'd be pretty swell (though unecessary) to make [Plastic] [HMS] [MFB] tags.
Well, for Metal Fight Beyblade anyway, unless somebody really wants to be original and give a special name to their combination, it will be very easy to differentiate the customizations of the new series from the old ones, since they should contain the Track and Bottom names.
But for HMS/Plastics...
Triple Wing-Wide Defense-Neo Right-HMC-Grip Base
or
[Plastic] Smash Attack Combo
(May. 30, 2010  8:20 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: But for HMS/Plastics...
Triple Wing-Wide Defense-Neo Right-HMC-Grip Base
or
[Plastic] Smash Attack Combo
I think the prefix thing is a good idea here. It is more confusing when people give combos their own names(like drigersupersaiyan or something..)it would also help with what type of blade they are aiming for (upper attack, smash attack ect.)
Well, we also have to imagine whether we will still see a lot of combinations using old series in the future ... Of course it is more likely that people will be interested in Metal Fight Beyblade with the release of Beyblade Metal Fusion. We can think about it, however.
I'm sure if BMF sparks intrest (specifically in the U.S.), a lot of people will be digging up their old plastics.
(May. 31, 2010  4:38 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: I'm sure if BMF sparks intrest (specifically in the U.S.), a lot of people will be digging up their old plastics.

There will still be a lot more people using MFB though.
(May. 31, 2010  9:06 PM)Aqua Wrote:
(May. 31, 2010  4:38 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: I'm sure if BMF sparks intrest (specifically in the U.S.), a lot of people will be digging up their old plastics.

There will still be a lot more people using MFB though.
I have the thought in my mind that new members (kids) won't use the track and bottom names ....... maybe this still could be a good idea it could be written like this:
[BMF] Attack combo ..and in the thread a list of the parts :
Face:
Fusion Wheel:
Metal Wheel:
Track:
Bottom:

I think it would still limit the confusion of someone saying that a defence combo is an attack and so on. This would be a great idea,like i've said before, to know what type of beyblade the person is aiming at.
(May. 31, 2010  9:21 PM)Taru Wrote: I have the thought in my mind that new members (kids) won't use the track and bottom names ....... maybe this still could be a good idea it could be written like this:
[BMF] Attack combo ..and in the thread a list of the parts :
Face:
Fusion Wheel:
Metal Wheel:
Track:
Bottom:

I think it would still limit the confusion of someone saying that a defence combo is an attack and so on. This would be a great idea,like i've said before, to know what type of beyblade the person is aiming at.

The naming system for MFB is quite easy to understand and a lot more efficient than the method that you mentioned. All the Hasbro packages now come with all the part names, so there's no reason for people not to use the current naming system.
As Aqua said, it's easier for them to actually use the official naming system than for us to implement a whole new one to cater to them.
I think it woulf be a good idea if someone rally needs it.
I think it would be a good idea if someone really needs it.
the thing is thoguh that the names of the MFB are made all the same (MF?) [metal wheel] [clearwheel] [track] [bottom]

it doesn't change for anything, so no new system is needed. really would only cater to those who don't bother reading the forums anyway, or can't catch on to the really simple naming system.
(Jun. 11, 2010  4:30 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Which is every new member basically : /

People have to learn how to adapt. It's not a hard system to learn or anything. If they can do this (which is what Taru was suggesting):

Face:
Fusion Wheel:
Metal Wheel:
Track:
Bottom:

...then they can just as easily use the standard naming system: [Metal Wheel] [Clear Wheel] [Track] [Bottom]. As I mentioned earlier, the part names are now even on the box, which makes it that much easier.
I know, and I'm not advocating that, just pointing out no one reads anything anymore.
It's just a mad dash for a solution to their dumb problem : /
Should there be a standard set of rules/guidelines to be followed when people test out combos? Obviously stuff like using the attack stadium is a given, but how many rounds should be used in testing, what results should be (not) included (such as launching an attack bey into/onto a defence one which results in an immediate knock out) etc? I think that this is an issue that should be explored so as to produce less discrepancies between the results of people trying out customs.

Apologies if there are guidelines that I have missed.