The Italian Metagame

(Jan. 25, 2011  4:43 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: I only have the problem of a CS moving into Attack Mode if it's been quite heavily used, even then it only circles the Stadium a little before shifting back into Stamina Mode. The movement speed of my severely worn CS isn't nowhere near as fast as when a fresh CS is knocked into Attack Mode. I find the speed of a worn CS circling the stadium is comparable to that of SF.

I don't think it's that hard to control a CS since all that's needed is a Straight Shot over the center of the Stadium, I find it to be certainly a lot easier then trying to control an RF combo.
I'm not saying that it's hard to control,i'm saying that sometimes due to some opponent attacks it could go in Attack Mode without you want it!
=)
(Jan. 25, 2011  1:52 PM)Galaxy Wrote: I'm not saying that it's hard to control,i'm saying that sometimes due to some opponent attacks it could go in Attack Mode without you want it!
=)

Maybe it's just my CS, but I personally have never had much problem with my CS going into Attack Mode when I haven't wanted it to.
Fair point Galaxy, though like Kei I've never had that problem.

It could be that I've been extremely lucky with my CS's but I've got three of them and none of them seem to do that.
Kind of irrelevant, but I think you Italians will really like Midnight.
lots of recoil lots of attack
That's nice to hear, I hope we'll get that soon.
(have you got infos on night too? Is it good?)
New Tier List for ItaMG:

Tier List:

Attack

Upper:
MF-H LDrago Destroy CH120 RF

Smash:
MF-H Fang Leone C145 RF
MF-H Vari Ares BD145\CH120 RF\R2F

Defense

MF-H Basalt Bull\Kerbecs\Leone(4D) 230\TH170\BD145 CS\RS\RB
MF-H Libra 230\BD145 CS\RS\RB

Stamina

MF-L Scythe Kronos 230\TH170\T125 WD\SD\D\EDS

Combined

MF-H Basalt Bull\Kerbecs\Leone(4D) BD145 MB

AntiMeta
MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145 RF
(In Left to win fast against Basalt 230 CS)
MF-E?
The 'combined' category would be something similar to 'Balance'? Do you truly believe MB actually makes that drastic a difference? (You have near the same combination is defense so..? I don't have the part so you tell me haha)

I don't see how MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145RF is ant-meta either? You're not taking Gravity out of it's inherent category like putting Basalt with RF. I could maybe understand MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145CS..

Do you think Fang Leone is better than Lightning LDrago or even Beat Lynx? :V I also don't see why TH170 isn't put in for Libra as well?
Is LDrago Destroy actually producing upper attack?

Just some questions haha.
(Oct. 04, 2011  10:57 PM)Dan Wrote: MF-E?
External xD

(Oct. 04, 2011  10:57 PM)Dan Wrote: The 'combined' category would be something similar to 'Balance'? Do you truly believe MB actually makes that drastic a difference? (You have near the same combination is defense so..? I don't have the part so you tell me haha)
Uhm,i don't know how to answer to your first question,lol!
I prefer to call it combined because i can use that combo in really different ways! A balance combo, in my opinion, gives some effects at the same time.
With this combo i can have some effect thanks to my launch..
Don't know if i'm clear xD

(Oct. 04, 2011  10:57 PM)Dan Wrote: I don't see how MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145RF is ant-meta either? You're not taking Gravity out of it's inherent category like putting Basalt with RF. I could maybe understand MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145CS..
AntiMeta,in my opinion, is something that works against the MetaGame.
Basalt RF is not an AntiMeta only because exist Basalt 230 CS,if then it doesen't work .-. xD
Gravity BD RF works as said in Left against Basalt,and this implies that can work also against Libra!
Also i can win against LDD,and Fang. So i think that this combo gives a lot of problem against the MG i've listed ;]

(Oct. 04, 2011  10:57 PM)Dan Wrote: Do you think Fang Leone is better than Lightning LDrago or even Beat Lynx? :V I also don't see why TH170 isn't put in for Libra as well?
Is LDrago Destroy actually producing upper attack?
You can smash with the Lightning a new heavy Bey?
Beat can do something,but you have to do a proper launch,Fang is more elementary to use,and gives better results due to this.

(Oct. 04, 2011  10:57 PM)Dan Wrote: Just some questions haha.
Replied all U_U Tongue_out

I honestly love that list.

I haven't tried any of those attack wheels, so I don't have much to say there, haha.

For defense, you took out Earth Eee. I wanted it taken off the international top tier list but it was declined (mostly because I didn't have tests). So to help out with that, mind telling why you took earth down? And GB145. I only like GB145 for Attack.

It's not very big, but I like how you have MF-"E" for stamina. Any particularly significant reason?

I like how Basalt BD145MB isn't in attack or stamina. I've never thought it fit in either, so I like how you placed it. It's more of a "safe placement", in terms of what the results honestly give.

MF Gravity Perseus BD145RF! Wooooooo! It may be because of my limited attack types, but that's my favorite combo. It just does so much, people just don't like it because it doesn't give the best possible smash attack in all situations. I love it.

Just one question, any particular reason why you use Leone II?

I think you mean Metal Face Light (MF-L). Inside is plastic, outside is metal?

It's a brutally honest list that's down to the bare bones of each category, but I agree whole-heartedly.
Smile
(Oct. 04, 2011  11:25 PM)Galaxy Wrote: External xD
MF-L, I thought so haha.

Quote:Uhm,i don't know how to answer to your first question,lol!
I prefer to call it combined because i can use that combo in really different ways! A balance combo, in my opinion, gives some effects at the same time.
I know exactly what you mean.

Quote:AntiMeta,in my opinion, is something that works against the MetaGame.
Basalt RF is not an AntiMeta only because exist Basalt 230 CS,if then it doesen't work .-. xD
Gravity BD RF works as said in Left against Basalt,and this implies that can work also against Libra!
Also i can win against LDD,and Fang. So i think that this combo gives a lot of problem against the MG i've listed ;]
I've got to sort of disagree with this, I always think of it as taking a wheel and using it for anything other than it's primary function (aka what it does best in).
I know where you're coming from, but the word 'anti-meta(game)' in my opinion is essentially a combination which goes against traditional 'metagame' customizations I.E Gravity for Stamina, Basalt for Attack, Virgo for defense etc.
You take it as against metagame as do I but in the sense that it can go against the tier-list (which is not the same as a metagame, but since your list is so specific, the list would reflect your metagame so yeah.) literally and usually come out with a decent result. :V (I think.) But the same goes for VariAres and other great attack wheels, and MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145MB/CS too under your definition.

Yo, you have to try MF-H VariAres CH120RF it can completely decimate most if not all combos.. BD145 is by no means an ideal track for VariAres.

Quote:You can smash with the Lightning a new heavy Bey?
Beat can do something,but you have to do a proper launch,Fang is more elementary to use,and gives better results due to this.
There isn't anything wrong with actually practicing a proper launch until you can do it automatically. How else would you improve your ability with attackers? Tongue_out

(Oct. 04, 2011  11:43 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: I honestly love that list.

I haven't tried any of those attack wheels, so I don't have much to say there, haha.
Thanks xD

(Oct. 04, 2011  11:43 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: For defense, you took out Earth Eee. I wanted it taken off the international top tier list but it was declined (mostly because I didn't have tests). So to help out with that, mind telling why you took earth down? And GB145. I only like GB145 for Attack.
Not to be offensive,but if someone with all the new releases continue to use Earth,that person is a n00b O_O
I mean... i think everyone can defeat Earth easy,and when i say "easy",i mean EASY XD
Also,GB145 yes, is good maybe in some heavy attack combo,but it have no use,atm.
For Defense it's been surpassed,for Stamina it's too heavy,for Attack i prefer BD145 10000000 times for clear reason,i think xD

(Oct. 04, 2011  11:43 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: It's not very big, but I like how you have MF-"E" for stamina. Any particularly significant reason?
In my opinion,increase the weight in the center of a Bey that is made for stamina purpose is horrible!
The weight in the center will increase stamina at the start of the match,after the launch. Then it will do only bad on your combo: from the fact that a Stamina type must absorb the hits,without loose rotation (and weight in the center helps all,but this xD) to the fact that at the end of rotation a weight in the center of the Bey will decrease stamina!

(Oct. 04, 2011  11:43 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: I like how Basalt BD145MB isn't in attack or stamina. I've never thought it fit in either, so I like how you placed it. It's more of a "safe placement", in terms of what the results honestly give.
Exact Wink

(Oct. 04, 2011  11:43 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: MF Gravity Perseus BD145RF! Wooooooo! It may be because of my limited attack types, but that's my favorite combo. It just does so much, people just don't like it because it doesn't give the best possible smash attack in all situations. I love it.
It's very versatile,love it.

(Oct. 04, 2011  11:43 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Just one question, any particular reason why you use Leone II?
It was an experiment,lol! Using it on Basalt 230 CS,it gave to me better results than Kerbecs and Bull on that combo. Try it,if you can Joyful_3

(Oct. 04, 2011  11:43 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: I think you mean Metal Face Light (MF-L). Inside is plastic, outside is metal?
Oh yes Tongue_out

(Oct. 04, 2011  11:43 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: It's a brutally honest list that's down to the bare bones of each category, but I agree whole-heartedly.
Smile
Hehehe,it's right Tongue_out

(Oct. 04, 2011  11:55 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2011  11:25 PM)Galaxy Wrote: External xD
MF-L, I thought so haha.
Uhm,yes xD

Quote:Uhm,i don't know how to answer to your first question,lol!
I know exactly what you mean.
Wink

Quote:AntiMeta,in my opinion, is something that works against the MetaGame.
I've got to sort of disagree with this, I always think of it as taking a wheel and using it for anything other than it's primary function (aka what it does best in).
I know where you're coming from, but the word 'anti-meta(game)' in my opinion is essentially a combination which goes against traditional 'metagame' customizations I.E Gravity for Stamina, Basalt for Attack, Virgo for defense etc.
You take it as against metagame as do I but in the sense that it can go against the tier-list (which is not the same as a metagame, but since your list is so specific, the list would reflect your metagame so yeah.) literally and usually come out with a decent result. :V (I think.) But the same goes for VariAres and other great attack wheels, and MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145MB/CS too under your definition.
Uhm,MetaGame is a specific list of what is competitive at 100% at the moment,so i think that my idea is good. Also because,reflect on this, if Basalt 230 CS is the top,the only anti meta could be Basalt RF? If yes,well,and if it doesen't work?
No Anti Meta for us xD?

(Oct. 04, 2011  11:55 PM)Dan Wrote: Yo, you have to try MF-H VariAres CH120RF it can completely decimate most if not all combos.. BD145 is by no means an ideal track for VariAres.
I'll try it Wink

Quote:You can smash with the Lightning a new heavy Bey?
There isn't anything wrong with actually practicing a proper launch until you can do it automatically. How else would you improve your ability with attackers? Tongue_out
Are you Hulk? xD
I'm human xD Heavy defeat light! xD
Haha I rather not argue, nothing wrong with the list other than CH120 has to be on VariAres, I'm certain you see why when you use it yourself. I mean honestly, if there was ever a bey to be a serious monster in any metagame, VariAres
would fit that bill fine.

Oh yeah, this will excite you: VariAres CH120RF can KO Basalt Kerbecs 230CS like nothing with both spins.
and yeah, it can KO Basalt BD145CS/MB just as easily so try it out as soon as you can!
(Oct. 05, 2011  12:56 AM)Dan Wrote: Haha I rather not argue, nothing wrong with the list other than CH120 has to be on VariAres, I'm certain you see why when you use it yourself. I mean honestly, if there was ever a bey to be a serious monster in any metagame, VariAres
would fit that bill fine.

Oh yeah, this will excite you: VariAres CH120RF can KO Basalt Kerbecs 230CS like nothing with both spins.
and yeah, it can KO Basalt BD145CS/MB just as easily so try it out as soon as you can!
To be true,now,it's not a problem also with the combos i've listed! Tongue_out
But yes,i'll try that combo asap.
In my opinion,now the problem is to have the classic Atk<Def<Stm<Atk,because as the things are now, Atk>Def, Def<=Stm, and the only true situation is Stm<Atk.

Well obviously thats how we like it, and that is how it has been throughout all the series, really. (I mean, we've always had monsters like Zombies, Wolborg MS and now Libra/Basalt but we've either had them restricted because they are too good because people hate attack.. :\ or TT has come up with releases to defeat those beyblades anyway)

Not a problem? I remember you complaining about Basalt 230CS like no tomorrow. This was like a couple months ago, when all those parts on the list were released except for VariAres. Quite the change of heart..
(Oct. 06, 2011  3:47 AM)Dan Wrote: Well obviously thats how we like it, and that is how it has been throughout all the series, really. (I mean, we've always had monsters like Zombies, Wolborg MS and now Libra/Basalt but we've either had them restricted because they are too good because people hate attack.. :\ or TT has come up with releases to defeat those beyblades anyway)

Not a problem? I remember you complaining about Basalt 230CS like no tomorrow. This was like a couple months ago, when all those parts on the list were released except for VariAres. Quite the change of heart..
Yes,all those parts were released,but it doesen't mean that i had that xD

Hey Galaxy, you have CH120 for L Drago Destroy. I just made this topic, and the results so far show that BD145 is better for L Drago Destroy (Plus you guys love attack vs attack, haha!). So if you don't mind, do you have tests or an explanation for the CH120?
Sorry but for our MG,your tests are useless :\
Here,no one will play Basalt 85 DS\RSF. I'm saying this because Basalt 85 will loose against Basalt 230 or BD145 for example; it's kinda risky.
Also,against our abuse of RF in matches no one will think to use plastic bottoms as DS that flies away at first impact.
It's obviusly that using BD145 with the same opponents of the first test you'll win.
In fact, with CH120 against 85,the impact will be between superior part of Basalt and the rubber of LDragoDestroy; using BD145 the impact will be between the superior part of Basalt and BD145 that has a great weight,and i bet you win because of the impact between Basalt and BD145.
Also, GB145 is an outclassed track for defense,why did you test it?
By the way,i'll test it,even if it's not used here due to the better choices that now are been released; but honestly,if a Top Tier will lose a specific match i don't see problems.
Finally,is quite impossible that MF-H LDD CH145 RF vs Basalt 230 CS is 9\11.
I can assure that here it's 18\2.

CH120RF
Vs Basalt 85DS
L Drago: 12 (11 KO, 1 OS)
Basalt: 8 (1 KO, 7 OS)

Vs Basalt 85DS (Weak Shot)
L Drago: 9 (7 KO, 2 OS)
Basalt: 11 (3 KO, 8 OS)

Vs Basalt 85RSF
L Drago: 6 (6 KO)
Basalt: 14 (7 KO, 7 OS)

Vs Basalt 85RSF (Weak Shot)
L Drago: 4 (4 KO)
Basalt: 16 (16 KO)

Vs Basalt 230CS
L Drago: 9 (9 KO)
Basalt: 11 (1 KO, 10 OS)

Vs Basalt GB145CS
L Drago: 7 (7 KO)
Basalt: 13 (3 KO, 10 OS)
(Oct. 11, 2011  7:08 PM)Galaxy Wrote: Finally,is quite impossible that MF-H LDD CH145 RF vs Basalt 230 CS is 9\11.

It should be higher than that even, considering getting 100% KO's against Basalt 230CS with 120 and Lightning LDrago (which you consider a lower grade wheel) is so easy.. Tongue_out

Though his tests weren't aimed at you meta-game (sorry!), he included a combination you yourselves have in your tier list and seeing how it does in ours: Which makes sense considering you call a lot of combinations used over here frequently sub-standard, we should also compare your combinations to our metagame! Right?
(Oct. 11, 2011  9:36 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2011  7:08 PM)Galaxy Wrote: Finally,is quite impossible that MF-H LDD CH145 RF vs Basalt 230 CS is 9\11.

It should be higher than that even, considering getting 100% KO's against Basalt 230CS with 120 and Lightning LDrago (which you consider a lower grade wheel) is so easy.. Tongue_out

Though his tests weren't aimed at you meta-game (sorry!), he included a combination you yourselves have in your tier list and seeing how it does in ours: Which makes sense considering you call a lot of combinations used over here frequently sub-standard, we should also compare your combinations to our metagame! Right?

Hehe,the perfect combo doesn't exist Tongue_out
Than, you have to add the skills of the defensive player; if i launch Basalt in the center of the stadium,yes LDD wil win 20\20,but i think that only a n00b do that xD

Sorry,don't understand the second part of your discussion Pinching_eyes_2
I'm saying that comparing your top-tier combos to our metagame is important, and you all obviously do that too!
You're right, if you're a defensive player you should weak launch against left-spin, or you could have an aggressive shot, which is also good.. Then again many people play defense because much less skill is involved, just shot it!
Unless you're Kei and use balanced combos and mind-game the hell out of people! Tongue_out
Uh,ok!
Do a comparing between MGs is important yes,but if he says that CH120 is bad,it isn't true xD
Maybe is bad in your MG,but not in ours Tongue_out
he was asking for other tests and an explanation for CH120..
There's no explanation. That combos are ridicolous for our MG,and put CH120 in difficolty,not BD145 that does good against that combo!
I didn't get this part:
Quote:he was asking for other tests and an explanation for CH120..
There's no explanation. That combos are ridicolous for our MG,and put CH120 in difficolty,not BD145 that does good against that combo!
But to the first part, CH120 is by no means bad in our metagame! considering many combinations revolve around low or high heights which CH120 handles easily.
He isn't saying CH120 is bad, he is saying BD145 is better. (Which I don't agree with..) Though in your metgame BD145 must be amazing!
(Oct. 11, 2011  7:08 PM)Galaxy Wrote: Sorry but for our MG,your tests are useless :\
Here,no one will play Basalt 85 DS\RSF. I'm saying this because Basalt 85 will loose against Basalt 230 or BD145 for example; it's kinda risky.
the only reason I did those tests were because people said L Drago Destroy BD145 sucked against 85, that's all.

Quote:Also, GB145 is an outclassed track for defense,why did you test it?
ah, I don't have 2 BD145's, so in order to keep the tests exactly the same and have a 145 test, I did that. I wish I had 2 BD145's for those tests though, and I requested that too.

Quote:Finally,is quite impossible that MF-H LDD CH145 RF vs Basalt 230 CS is 9\11.
I actually used 120 height throughout the entire tests. Before I tested, I though 120 was better, but I guess I was wrong :\. Plus, for my CS to not move like a maniac, I have to launch at about 50%, so it's almost a weak launch because it's against left spin.

------
And what Dan was saying, haha.
Sorry i didn't understood why you did that tests. I thought it was because you'd say something about BD145 (replacing CH120) to me,sorry ^^'

Also,our MGs are very different,so tests will give us different results due to the combo's range used in our countries. For this reasons,i think any test done by you is ridicolous for us and viceversa. I say this because matches are very different,so tracks and MW will change frequently.
A clear example is the "Lightning" discussion,or discussions created by Italians on international MG.
No that tests are ridicolous,but due to the difference of matches.
Also,i think that for that reasons we can't compare our MGs! The only way to understand our "Bladers' phylosophy" is a challange between you and us,lol!