The Italian Metagame

Yeah, I was going to mention that it's the same in the lightning topic, but you did, haha.

The reason I asked really, is because I would assume you guys would use BD145 on it to more success than CH120 because of all the Attack vs Attack. So I was kind of puzzled why you had CH120.
We use CH120 because we try to tame all the situation!
We want to maximize the Upper Attack that LDD has; for this reason we use CH120.
In fact,if our opponent will play a combo with a 145,thanks to CH120 we can use the LDD Upper!
If our opponent will play a combo with a 170,195,220 or 230 we can use CH145 Wink

Using a BD145 how can we upper our opponent if he's using a 145? That's why we play in that way :]
Why do you even use CH145? Its god-awful. 120 height can easily take care of 145-230.. :\

Quote:Using a BD145 how can we upper our opponent if he's using a 145? That's why we play in that way :]
You can't, yeah, but you could use Smash Attack (the most prevalent force in the MFB sytem!)
Yes,against 145,the 120 is awesome.
We use 145 only against 230!

LDD has smash,but not so smash compared to other wheels!
For us there's no reason to use a LDD for smash when we've better choices!
EDIT: and we've tested that LDD BD145 RF doesn't defeat Basalt BD145 CS\MB!
No, I mean against absolutely ANY height, 120 is awesome. CH145 is completely useless. A regular 145 would be more reliable. You don't need to switch to 145 height against 230. 120 easily beats 230..

Well of course LDrago Destroy BD145RF cannot defeat Basalt BD145CS/MB but is that Basalt combination even used at all in italy..?
(Oct. 16, 2011  6:08 PM)Dan Wrote: No, I mean against absolutely ANY height, 120 is awesome. CH145 is completely useless. A regular 145 would be more reliable. You don't need to switch to 145 height against 230. 120 easily beats 230..

Well of course LDrago Destroy BD145RF cannot defeat Basalt BD145CS/MB but is that Basalt combination even used at all in italy..?

I'll test it! To be honest,i've never considered 120 to defeat 230,i've always switched the CH in 145 against 230.

Also,Italians aren't all attackers xD
Yes,here we have 1 defence oriented every 4 Attackers,but they exist xD
You'll not believe at this..but...i've also played Defence combos Tongue_out
But i think that are very boring,and have a few possibilities to win xD
I'll believe that considering even I pulled a Basalt combo before.. :V

When MF Lightning LDrago CH120RF is vs. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS it is not hard at all to get perfect results. If you say LDrago Destroy is better, then it should be even easier!
Try it out.
Our new MG!

Attack
MF-H Flash Orion\Ketos GB145\TH170 RF\R2F
MF-H Diablo Bull TH170\BD145\GB145 RF\R2F

Defense
MF-H Duo Bull BD145\230\TH170 RB\RDF\RSF
MF-H Death Kerbecs BD145\230\TH170 RB\RDF\RSF
MF-H Diablo Bull\Cancer TH170\BD145 RB\RDF\RSF

Stamina
Phantom Cancer\Bull 230 D\MB\SD
Duo Cancer\Bull 230 MB\D\SD

Balance
MF-H Phantom Bull\Cancer BD145 RF\CS
MF-L Duo Bull BD145 MB
Ketos on flash?
There are way, way better clear wheels that do much less to obscure the upper side... The weight distribution looks nice but because of the spaces in the clear wheel, it's really nothing special in that sense either...

We do need to look into Diablo for listing as an attack wheel on the main list though.

I'm also confused by Duo BD145MB, MB does not, from the testing I have seen and conducted myself, provide the defensive ability required to keep duo in the stadium reliably against even Blitz and Variares, and BD145 is only going to get in the way of it outspinning things.

Also, is 230 really the only stamina track that sees use? Perhaps that is what is allowing duo bd145mb to be successful...
(Jun. 07, 2012  12:46 PM)th!nk Wrote: Ketos on flash?
There are way, way better clear wheels that do much less to obscure the upper side... The weight distribution looks nice but because of the spaces in the clear wheel, it's really nothing special in that sense either...

We do need to look into Diablo for listing as an attack wheel on the main list though.

I'm also confused by Duo BD145MB, MB does not, from the testing I have seen and conducted myself, provide the defensive ability required to keep duo in the stadium reliably against even Blitz and Variares, and BD145 is only going to get in the way of it outspinning things.

Also, is 230 really the only stamina track that sees use? Perhaps that is what is allowing duo bd145mb to be successful...

Well, I don't know anything about Ketos, because I don't have a Grand Ketos or just the CW.
However, here in Italy, a lot of people appreciate Ketos and have a lot of good results. If you want, I'll ask something more about that.
By the way, personally, with that MW I really don't care about which will be my CW... I just need to shoot as strong as I can xD

Yeah, Diablo is really aggressive. All the Italian Community really love that. I don't know if you have ever played it in an Attack customization, it crashes the opponent's rotation in three - I have counted it, it's not a fantasy number xD - hits!

Well, we really like Duo BD MB.
It has great defense, but also a lot of stamina. This combo is good to play because it defeats all the defensive combos, but at the same time, if you are able to break the sliding shoot of your oppenent - a thing that you'll never able to do with one of our stamina's combos due to the 230 - you've automatically won.
So, you can handle two types and if you think that stamina's customizations are not very popular here in Italy, it's great!

230 is the tallest track, and in our opinion is the best due to the great amount of seconds that gives to the combos before to finish its rotation. Anyway, against Flash and Diablo has no chance, but, to be honest, here there aren't good tracks that can be used to defeat Flash and Diablo! Infact, Defense and Stamina combos are not very popular!

Duo BD MB doesn't win against 230 customizations, it always lost.

We don't like TH170 for stamina customizations, and all the 145 height always lose against our attack customizations. So, we choose 230 because, against defensive combos, the stamina customization will win for sure!
If you could ask about it, it would be good. It would take a lot to convince me that it's anything more than average though, haha. And yeah, clear wheels don't always make the hugest difference, but if you're facing something taller than you it becomes more important.

Hm, I'll have to try mine more, I've never had much luck with Diablo, but both Indo and Italy like it so there must be something. Personally I find it's too round to do more than barge stuff around with its weight, which isn't as effective as something like flash, but I will try to look into it next time I feel like picking up my MFB.

Ahh, that makes more sense, though I'd still be concerned about Duo DB145MB being KO'd by Diablo.

As for 230, interesting. I guess I'm always a little concerned that people are forgetting that track height is often more important to MW choice in stamina battles, but I don't think that's the case here.

TH170, mm, it's something that should probably be looked at again, if we can get enough activity going to do that. I'm still convinced it's better than 230 for everything other than a couple of combos, though.

I also just noticed: TH170 in attack tracks, especially on flash, is puzzling me, as flash has no underside to do anything with. Even on Diablo, very few people got good results with it.

Couple of other things: GB145 on Diablo? Why not R145 for better synergy. Also, I know GB145 looks really good for flash but personally a few of us, including myself, find it makes it much more awkward. Are any lower tracks used (eg S130 (my personal favourite), CH120 or D125?).
I guess if you're using TH170 and GB145 CW choice does become much less important as the odds of it making contact are much lower, but yeah.

What really interests me, though, is that the italian meta, previously a very, very aggressive one (has that changed? What are the type distributions like now?), is actually a whole lot like Indonesia's metagame, which is traditionally very defensive (though much more varied now), and a lot of the preferences for certain parts (230 for stamina, Diablo for attack), are shared.
Well, I'll ask something more about that CW ;D

Yeah, try it. It's awesome!

Well, as I said, basicly Duo BD145 MB has no use against Attack types unless a proper launch. Mainly, if you want to win against our Diablo or Flash, you have to break your opponent's sliding shoot. In this way, both Flash and Diablo will start to move around Duo - that will return at the centre of the stadium after the shoot - and at the end of rotation they won't have the necessary strength to defeat your Duo!

Well, you're completly right; or better: against our Attack Types, all kinds of tracks are useless; so it's not the case you were discussing. On the other side, considering that Duo and Death have a great stamina, and also considering our Balance combo "Duo BD MB" that has a great stamina, the only chance to win is using a better track that allows you to add stamina. This track is named 230 xD

About TH170, as you can read in this section, I've always thought it's not better of 230, it simply has other uses. Or better, here in Italy it sees use because of its "middle" height that allows Attack Types to handle both 145 heights and 230!
I strongly think that TH170+MB is horrible; how do you use it? And against what you generally win?

Really? Here, it's the most popular track for Attack Types. Maybe yes, for Diablo it's not the best choice, but we still love that. With a proper -inclined- launch you can defeat all 145 heights with a OHKO, and if your opponent is playing a 230.. you've already won, ahah!

Mmh, well. About R145, it seems that here no one tried that track. I'll have some more tests on Saturday with my Team, and I'll ask to some more player to test that combo. Also, we'll have a tournament in Aprilia on June 23; it will be a great chance to test with some players that don't live in our city!
No, here we "always" play 145,170 or 230 heights! For this reason, in our MG, lower tracks are useless!

Well, our MG it's aggressive as before. You see more Defensive\Stamina combos and Balanced combos based on Stamina\Defense components, because the last releases were focused more on Defensive parts: Death,Diablo,Duo,RDF,RB vs Flash and Diablo.
For this reason, we had to find out some great Stamina customization to leave unchanged the "rule" Defense<Stamina. That's why you see a lot of combos based on Defense and Stamina.
However, all this parts don't change our mind. We're always aggressive.
Our "rule" still is Atk>Def<Stm<Atk, ahah!