20.00%
Total: 100% 10 vote(s)
(Mar. 05, 2012  9:54 AM)Chaos Blader Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2012  3:55 PM)ultimateswiftie Wrote:

(Mar. 05, 2012  12:46 PM)hitsugiya Wrote:

(Mar. 05, 2012  2:07 PM)Chaos Blader Wrote:

I threw my book at a wall when
died. Also, I thought Peeta was Peta at first. Also, I am team Katniss!
(Mar. 06, 2012  5:13 AM)hitsugiya Wrote:
(Mar. 05, 2012  2:07 PM)Chaos Blader Wrote:

Coin sent Prim, then authorized the bomb's use. Coin knew what she was doing.
Going to see the movie coming out next Friday, simply cannot wait. Cute
neither can i, might be going after a beyblade tournament on the 24th of march
the Hunger Games are a nationally televised event in which “Tributes” must fight with one another until one survivor remains. Pitted against highly-trained Tributes who have prepared for these Games their entire lives, Katniss is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts as well as the mentorship of drunken former victor Haymitch Abernathy.

The Hunger Games online
The Hunger Games...Okay Collins thought of a great premise (Kinda like Battle Royale) and developed it into a million dollar franchise. The only problem here is..her characters are terrible. In my eyesKatniss is probably the most unlikeable selfish annoying heroine of any series ever.
She doesn't develop any of her characters and when Katniss kills someone in the first book, Collins makes them look like jerks even though they have hardships just like Katniss.

Well I'm not going to argue with any Hunger Games Shippers about how Katniss is annoying because you have your own opinions and I have mine.
That is the point. She has to admit her selfishness. She knows that she is selfish. The best characters died. She did this on purpose.
She wanted to move away from the mold of Bella and every other action novel heroine. Strong, selfless, and hopelessly in love from page 60. Katniss: Selfish, arrogant, and romantically dense until page 150...of Book 2. (She thinks it's a ruse from Haymitch until then.)

Also: Glimmer and Cato had it coming. They really did. Though I agree on the point when concerning Thresh, FoxFace (I'm guessing an experiment to see who would care. I did. A lot.) and the District 3 kid. The one who teamed with Cato.
My Nickname me and my friends gave Katniss is CatPiss.XD
She just annoys me in a way I can not explain in words but rather in actions....
???
I liked Katniss. She had actual, realistic flaws and was just a great character, in my opinion. Characters like her are the kind of characters I like to write and read about.
(Mar. 20, 2012  12:47 AM)TriSix Wrote: My Nickname me and my friends gave Katniss is CatPiss.XD
She just annoys me in a way I can not explain in words but rather in actions....
???
You want to know something?
That's really funny because a parody of the Hunger Games, The Hunger Pains, nicknames katniss(who they name Kantkiss Neverclean) Katpiss (because when gale met her, buttercup (butterball) peed on her shoe.
EDIT: as soon as i finished this post, i saw the posts about Prim dying and i started crying.
Thats messed up. I never cry.

I saw that parody at a book store.
I about bought it but, nope. decided not to.
Parodies are funny. Twilight has one too. "Nightlight," a Harvard published parody of the book.
I just saw the Hunger Games movie, and I have to admit, it was very well done. They showed the book with not much altered, but just the right amount of violence to keep the loyal-to-the-book fans happy and hesitant parents happy too.
I know a lot of the readers did not want it made into a movie, but I thought it was fantastic. Smile
The movie made an almost illegal amount of money this weekend, jeeze man.
I know right?

3rd biggest opening of all time or something. I still haven't seen it. …¬_¬
@ Ga'hooleone I know how you feel. I wanted to see it right when I learned about it. I'll probably HAVE to wait 'til it's on DVD, though.
I heard on the radio that supposedly, there's this huge uproar because some Southern people are mad about Rue being black. One "fan" said this: "How could she be black? It takes away from the image of a tiny blue-eyed blonde girl from the book! Did they even read it?" Did this person read it? Erm... District 11 as a whole is black. Thresh is black. Rue is black. The fact that this person was not alone in their whining is really disconcerting. I mean, if you're gonna be racist, then please read the book and figure out that the person you claim "isn't supposed to be black" is actually black. With dark hair. And brown eyes. And did I mention, in Katniss' words, "the hue of caramel"? Erm... Yeah... Totally ruined my day.

On the other hand, the movie was damn good, but didn't meet the hype it built. That said, that was impossible. Not a problem. I have no issue with the movie, though
That was announced weeks ago, though. I don't think someone wanted to play a seemingly major character, knowing that they'd be blown to bits at the conclusion of Catching Fire. Also: Catching Fire has started production plans. Also heard this on the radio.
Yeah, I was kind of disappointed that they didn't even show hint of
because I really wanted to see how her character would look. I didn't even know there was an uproar about Rue being black, because it seems soooooo stupid that there would be an upset about that, because it was clearly stated in the book.
(Mar. 28, 2012  4:16 AM)Temporal Wrote: I heard on the radio that supposedly, there's this huge uproar because some Southern people are mad about Rue being black. One "fan" said this: "How could she be black? It takes away from the image of a tiny blue-eyed blonde girl from the book! Did they even read it?" Did this person read it? Erm... District 11 as a whole is black. Thresh is black. Rue is black. The fact that this person was not alone in their whining is really disconcerting. I mean, if you're gonna be racist, then please read the book and figure out that the person you claim "isn't supposed to be black" is actually black. With dark hair. And brown eyes. And did I mention, in Katniss' words, "the hue of caramel"? Erm... Yeah... Totally ruined my day.

On the other hand, the movie was damn good, but didn't meet the hype it built. That said, that was impossible. Not a problem. I have no issue with the movie, though
That was announced weeks ago, though. I don't think someone wanted to play a seemingly major character, knowing that they'd be blown to bits at the conclusion of Catching Fire. Also: Catching Fire has started production plans. Also heard this on the radio.
Well, if you read the book, it obviously shows Rue has dark skin. Also, that fan is racist and kinda dumb. Why? Rue doesn't have blond hair, and Amanda (the person playing rue, don't know last name) tried reeeely hard to get in, i heard.
Ah, the Hunger Games. I started it 3 days before the movie and finished it 2 days before it. Though, the movie was very well played. Even my dad, who didn't like it at all because of the thought of killing, liked it at the end. I heard Catching Fire to be out in November 23rd 2013 with Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss again. That said, I never imagined Katniss to look like her.

Going back to the book. The writers did a very well job in it. A lot of excitement and action. The typical female protagonist which has been very famous these days. Me and my best friend who is also obssessed with it are already starting with the second book and trying to find Mockingjay. Overall, it's a GREAT trilogy.

I remember people in the cinema shouting out, "In the net! She died in the net!" when we cam came across le wild scene where Rue dies. Still makes me cry though.
Man I'm alone I have to read one more book (not hunger games) then the first! Saw the movie though it was awesome and sad won't give any spoilers to who did not see it.
I came here expecting only spoilers for book 1, thanks a lot Temporal, I mad now. (@ First page post)