The Hardest Games you've ever played! (Elaborate)

Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix on Level 1 are ridiculously hard. Every fight has to be a no-damage basically, because everything eventually becomes a OHKO. It took all of the fun away from it for me personally.

The Undertale No-Mercy route is pretty hard too, only because of Sans, but at least I actually was able to beat it.
Yeah, I'm not good at games.
I'm sure you are. There will be that one game we'll suck at.
(May. 05, 2016  6:08 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: There will be that one game we'll suck at.

AKA Tintin in Tibet or The Smurfs.

Damn you Infogrames.
(May. 05, 2016  6:59 PM)MissingNo. Wrote:
(May. 05, 2016  6:08 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: There will be that one game we'll suck at.

AKA Tintin in Tibet or The Smurfs.

Damn you Infogrames.

Yeah it was pure luck that I beat Tintin in Tibet, still haven't found a copy for that Smurfs game for myself.

I swear Capcom and Rare REALLY love to make hard games.
(May. 05, 2016  4:57 PM)Sapphire Wrote: Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix on Level 1 are ridiculously hard. Every fight has to be a no-damage basically, because everything eventually becomes a OHKO. It took all of the fun away from it for me personally.

The Undertale No-Mercy route is pretty hard too, only because of Sans, but at least I actually was able to beat it.
Yeah, I'm not good at games.

My friend and I were up for 8 hours last weekend trying to beat him. Toriel was kinda sad, Papyrus was heart wrenching, Undyne was fair enough, Alphys was gone, Muffet was so sad, Mettaton was more of a laugh than a loss even though he'th jutht fahbuluth, but Sans is no joke.
(May. 05, 2016  6:08 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I'm sure you are. There will be that one game we'll suck at.

Lol that would games like guitar hero and halo for me mostly i am an old school gamer at heart.
(May. 06, 2016  9:41 AM)KingofDarkness0 Wrote:
(May. 05, 2016  6:08 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I'm sure you are. There will be that one game we'll suck at.

Lol that would games like guitar hero and halo for me mostly i am an old school gamer at heart.

I am more of an old school gamer as well, although retro games are generally harder.

Also to anyone, is there a game that's hard in a sense of choice making or anything mental rather than quick reflexes and stuff?
how bout the car games like forza, rpgs require you to make choice and platformers like sonic require you to make decisions about what direction you have to go to at least in the 90's games..
I don't know mine just yet, but it's anything that requires making a choice when you care for characters and the choice only benefits one.

Is there any hard game that made people the most angry? I think the one in my list I mainly got angry on was Transformers: Convoy No Nazo, I was so frustrated with that and had a terrible time playing when I beat it.
beygabe, thank you for using the spoilers tool, because i myself have not finished undertale.
(May. 06, 2016  12:10 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I don't know mine just yet, but it's anything that requires making a choice when you care for characters and the choice only benefits one.

Is there any hard game that made people the most angry? I think the one in my list I mainly got angry on was Transformers: Convoy No Nazo, I was so frustrated with that and had a terrible time playing when I beat it.

That seems like an interesting game idea type though. probability type games? or to me more precise decision making games...
They are difficult games if you get immersed into the gaming universe, but if you don't care for choices and convince yourself the game characters are just that, game characters, it shouldn't be as hard.
Probably the Zelda DS games when I was into that, so many rage quits, but this is coming from someone who thought the Bakugan games were great just because I could consistently win ;_;.
(May. 06, 2016  2:49 PM)DARGON KANG Wrote: Probably the Zelda DS games when I was into that, so many rage quits, but this is coming from someone who thought the Bakugan games were great just because I could consistently win ;_;.

LOL I honestly didn't know Bakugan games were a thing TBH. Then again we have those god awful Beyblade games too.

I have many moments when I have believed that any easy game was good, but it's not always the case.
(May. 06, 2016  12:27 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: They are difficult games if you get immersed into the gaming universe, but if you don't care for choices and convince yourself the game characters are just that, game characters, it shouldn't be as hard.

i think initially i scratched the surface with gaming and the types of games i play but recently i am going past my favoritism comfort zone boundaries in favor of new experiences in gameplay.
That's how I was before I start to play hard games, just stick to my usual Sonic or Mario or Power Ranger games, or any GBA games I knew at the time. I remembered the first time I tried Battletoads, AND I WAS HORRIBLE AT IT, as well as other hard games. I couldn't even beat Level 1 back then, which I think it was early-mid 2014.
This kinda reminds of the problems had with playing street fighter II

thats' it!! street fighter I!! that game still alludes me to this day.. the controls aren't as smooth as third strike or even street fighter iv which i invested ALOT of time in.
The hardest game I've ever played? For me:

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2/PS3)

Not that hard you say? what about on European Extreme?

By far the hardest game I've ever played. If you get seen? game over. Can't mash buttons so fast you get carpal tunnel in seconds? game over. Don't have reaction times of <140ms? GAME. FREAKING. OVER. If you make 1 mistake then it's back to the drawing board with this game. Not often do I blame lag, but I can legitimately say that I had to go back to the PS2's wired controllers to get through some parts just because of the 5ms delay on a Dualshock 3. It's like playing proffesional Counter Strike but with a controller! In third person! With a glock! against a full buy! And your entire team DC'ed!

It took me 3 months and (I'm not kidding) 67,857 game overs to beat. Probably more since I marked them down on my PC.
(May. 28, 2016  5:11 AM)ForZ Wrote: The hardest game I've ever played? For me:

By far the hardest game I've ever played. If you get seen? game over. Can't mash buttons so fast you get carpal tunnel in seconds? game over. Don't have reaction times of <140ms? GAME. FREAKING. OVER. If you make 1 mistake then it's back to the drawing board with this game. Not often do I blame lag, but I can legitimately say that I had to go back to the PS2's wired controllers to get through some parts just because of the 5ms delay on a Dualshock 3. It's like playing proffesional Counter Strike but with a controller! In third person! With a glock! against a full buy! And your entire team DC'ed!

It took me 3 months and (I'm not kidding) 67,857 game overs to beat. Probably more since I marked them down on my PC.

LOL that setting might as well be named "Silver Surfer NES Stealth", as what you described to me reminds me of Silver Surfer NES in a way.
(May. 28, 2016  9:12 AM)Jinbee Wrote:

LOL that setting might as well be named "Silver Surfer NES Stealth", as what you described to me reminds me of Silver Surfer NES in a way.

I can't say because I've never played Silver Surfer. I saw the AVGN video and it looked hard, REALLY hard, I don't think I'd be able to beat that in a million years. I've never been good at 2D games Pinching_eyes
(May. 28, 2016  2:13 PM)ForZ Wrote:
(May. 28, 2016  9:12 AM)Jinbee Wrote:

I can't say because I've never played Silver Surfer. I saw the AVGN video and it looked hard, REALLY hard, I don't think I'd be able to beat that in a million years. I've never been good at 2D games Pinching_eyes

It's actually much harder when actually playing it yourself, I don't think it should have been number 3 in AVGNs list and instead make it number 1 hardest. It took me six months to legit beat it and it was of continual practice for those six months.
Terraria on expert mode... I got super far, almost fought the moon lord, game crashed whilst fighting the Solar Tower, and, my world got corrupted.

Then I quit Terraria for GD and TF2.

I CRI.
(May. 29, 2016  2:35 AM)KurbiiSaurus Wrote: Terraria on expert mode... I got super far, almost fought the moon lord, game crashed whilst fighting the Solar Tower, and, my world got corrupted.

Then I quit Terraria for GD and TF2.

I CRI.

I was trying to get a 100% save file in Sonic Adventure 2 back on the Dreamcast and I had 172 of the 180 emblems needed, most of the hard ones completed. If i recall, all I had left were some of the kart stages and the complete boss rush. Anyway, my friend borrowed my VMU and... never gave it back. He transferred schools later and I haven't been bothered enough to look him up to grill him about it. Still disheartening considering all my game data (Shenmue, Soul Calibur) was on there.
In my opinion, Super Mario Sunshine and Sonic 2006 are hard games if you want to 100% them.
Not used this thread in a while now so I can hopefully get away with having two posts in a row. It's been almost a year now and for the longest time, Silver Surfer has been the most difficult game I have played, I think that title might have to go to Battletoads in Battlemaniac now. I mean I haven't played it that much yet and my impression of it's difficulty is similar to the original when I first played that but it seems like a game that can only be won by two players when the friendly fire option is switched off. As of now, I beat Silver Surfer but have yet to beat Battletoads in Battlemaniacs. During this time, I've also played other difficult games too, and here is my current top 10 hardest video games I've played:

10. Around the World in 80 Days (GBA)

9. Ghost N Goblins (NES)

8. Ninja Gaiden (NES)

7. Tintin in Tibet (Sega Megadrive)

6. Transformers: Convoy No Nazo (Famicom)

5. Dark Castle (Sega Genesis)

4. Battletoads (NES)

3. Space Ace (SNES)

2. Silver Surfer (NES)

1. Battletoads in Battlemaniac (SNES)

And yeah, I know it's ironic that Silver Surfer is 2nd hardest and therefore in silver text...