The General Medabots Gaming Thread - 10 Years Strong!

The 2010 relaunch of the modestly popular Medabots franchise hits Japan this Spring on the Nintendo DS. Metabee, and Rokusho are reborn with a whole new cast of characters...

[Image: image_thumb148.png]
who all look ugly as sin.

Concept Art:
[Image: 162518-medabots.jpg]
[Image: blurb_medabots_20100204.png]

Screenshots:
[Image: medabots.jpg]

Famitsu Scan #1
Famitsu Scan #2
Famtisu Scan #3
I loved Metabots! I used to watch them as tyke in Japan. I remember there was a game (the original one) for this, but I never played it.

This looks like an very interesting RPG.
damn i wish they made it like the original you know ikki and metabee and why must they bring back ppeprcat like the original and not bring metabee like the original
I'm pretty sure that's a Metabee variant in the OP, actually.

This looks a lot like the original GBA RPG, with a few slight graphical improvements.
t loved metabot
I LOOOOOOOOOOVED Medabots, and was so devastated when the show was taken off of the air! I loved it so much that I wanted to make "Nerf Armor" because of how cool the armor that they had was, and know how to make it work, too (sometimes, I have a LOT of free time)!

That's Season 2's Medabee in the first screenshot, and Peppercat and Totalizer are definately NOT new. Actually, I think that this whole game has "Season 2" written all over it! Time for the Kilobots!
The Metabee in the OP is not the Metabee from Damashii/Season 3(Dub)/Season 2. That Metabee is a completely new creation based on a rhinoceres beetle IIRC.

This is Damashii's Metabee:

[Image: 19960.jpg]

Damashii may have been a horrible season, but it had great art.
I never saw Damashii.
I looked around for it but no one what it :[
And the original gba game was the best.
When you played as the medabot.
The rpg was hella fun but I like the first more.
Glad they're making a come back. When I tried out the gba rpg, medabots was already over, I hoped that it would come to the ds badly, so now its come, lets just wait and see.
Anyone ever play the AX games on GBA? I never got the chance to. I played the Medabots: Metabee version, and Rokusho version, as well as Infinity on Gamecube, but nothing more than that.
Owned Medabots AX Rokusho Version on the GBA, was quite fun, actually.

Quite easy though, and I'm relatively poor at games.
How timely. I just started playing Custom Robo DS and was thinking about how much I missed Medabots. Def. gotta check it out.
Zomgosh, I was looking in a Mediacreate thread, and saw this was next week's release:

[NDS] Medarot DS: Kabuto (Rocket Company)
[NDS] Medarot DS: Kuwagata (Rocket Company)

Please don't suck, please don't suck. Please sell well, please sell well. Please get localized, please get localized.
So I've been reading up on the game. Apparently it's a set in the same world that contained the likes of Ikki Tenyro. In fact, Ikki apparently runs a hobby shop that sells Medabots, and one day he sells that ugly boy a KBT (or whatever Rokusho's type is) type. Metabee's medal has apparently been put into the body of an Arcbeetle as his old body was severely damaged. Hey wait a second, doesn't this sound familiar?

Gah, Natsume better localize this.
cool i loved metabots i bought all of their little toys ^-^ at least this anime people cant say they ripped off of pokemon :T hmmm what show isnt coming back you got beyblade,metabots,digimon xros war(or digimon cross wars) and the new pokemon season coming :\ toy market is going to boom XD but cool metabots was a show i could turn to when i wanted some viloent action ^-^ other then beyblade and kinda of digimon ^-^ XD
It seems that the battle system will be turn-based. I would've preferred if it was more customrobo like.
Cool though.
Medabots was ace Grin I'll look forward to this
(Aug. 10, 2010  6:53 AM)H2O Wrote: It seems that the battle system will be turn-based. I would've preferred if it was more customrobo like.
Cool though.

The franchise is known for being a strategic turn based RPG. It makes sense that the reboot to it would be that rather than another fighting game (which the franchise has a lot of).
Game sounds cool. Hoping for a localization.
Any chance that this get turned into a TV show? I really can't wait for the game, though (RHYME!). But the original art is much better than the game's art. Especially the Rokusho art. It SUKS in this game!
(Aug. 10, 2010  8:50 PM)BladerAce17 Wrote: Any chance that this get turned into a TV show? I really can't wait for the game, though (RHYME!). But the original art is much better than the game's art. Especially the Rokusho art. It SUKS in this game!

I doubt there will be an anime series for this game. I think it'll just be like how Monster Ranchers got a bunch of new games despite the anime being over for years.

As for art, this franchise has had some strange things over the years:
[Image: 24y5qtf.jpg]
[Image: skyxc4.jpg]
[Image: wkh0m8.jpg]
[Image: 2qt91k1.jpg]
[Image: Foto+Shingata+Medarot+Kabuto+Version+(Japon%E9s).jpg]
[Image: Foto+Shingata+Medarot+Kuwagata+Version+(Japon%E9s).jpg]
Would it be possible to make this a general Medabots Gaming thread?

I dug out my out Medabots: Rokusho Version game and started a new game, and I can't get over how intolerably hard this is at the beginning, before you get any sort of Medaforce. I've died about 5 times now, through a combination of running out of usable parts in a battle, to opponents getting incredibly lucky shots to my head part.
I actually have some Medabots-themed things in store for the next few days or so, so I suppose I can change the title.