The General Medabots Gaming Thread - 10 Years Strong!

I started researching on Medabots recently, for RP and writing purposes, and I actually learned a few things. Now, with stuff like D-Arts making figures, I've actually began to recognize some of the unknown ones.

I have pictures of stuff like that in the forum I'm in, but it's being stupid for some reason...
Totally wish Golem/Gorem had a decent model/figurine, but it's a totally obscure and overall weird Medabot. However, I'm sure enough people like Belzelga enough to warrant a figurine. Smile

Played AX only, but heard the DS RPG was pretty awesome.
[Image: Art-Redrun1.jpg] I hope you guys recognize this DVL-Type! Wink

Plus, the body used by Metabee in Medabots Spirit is that of another KBT-Type Medabot; Sakaichi (its Japanese name has a 's' at the end).

Also, Rokusho is a KWG Stag Beetle-Type Medabot.
D-Arts Rokusho

Future Medarots D-Arts
The silhouettes include, clockwise from the top-right to center, Granbeetle, Smilodonad (Sumilidon in the English anime), Beast Master (Robo Emperor in the English anime), Arcbeetle, and finally Warbandit.

Also an interesting note, like how KWGs and KBTs (i.e. Rokusho and Metabee respectively) are rival classes, STGs (Sabertooth Tiger) and KLNs (King Lion) are also rivals, mirroring the previous pair. KWGs and STGs are sword types while KBTs and KLNs are arsenal types.
I actually have that D-Arts Metabee, and both of the current Kotokobukiya kits coming my way. I also have the Kuwagata version of Medarot DS coming my way, haha.
I'm considering buying that Metabee if Rokusho comes out. I could use some diversity of Figure series in my comics besides Figuarts and figmas.

I'm also hoping to convince a group I'm friendly with to sub the Medarots anime, for the 10th anniversary of the Medarots series.

...How are the games?
Never finished Medabots Damashii/that one season with Metabee transforming into a car form, but I totally remember "Redrum".

I liked Metabee's english dub voice actor. Thought he suited the character well.

In AX, I never got what "Break" parts were; Robo Emperor and another Medabot both had this type of part and fired an oscillating ball (went up and down/had a sin-wave motion while traveling across the screen).

Is the DS game only in Japanese..?

(ps i loved medabots as a kid and now have a desire to bring back my Mr Referee avatar/signature)
I think "Break" parts can OHK any part of the enemy parts in one hit.

And so far, yes, it is. The KBT of that series is "Gun-Nose".

The KWG is "Sanjuuro". Sanjuuro comes from the name "Sanjuro," a well-known character from the titular movie directed by Akira Kurosawa. A samurai sword can be seen on Sanjuro's blade arm.

The STG is "Machairodus", whose name comes from a Genus of Saber-tooth cats, according to the Medarot Wiki.

The KLN is "Maasai Moran", whose name part "Maasai" comes from an African ethnic group, and "Moran", the warriors of said group.

These information can be found on both Wikipedia, Medarots Wiki, and Google.
(Aug. 01, 2011  3:49 AM)To Wrote: I actually have that D-Arts Metabee, and both of the current Kotokobukiya kits coming my way. I also have the Kuwagata version of Medarot DS coming my way, haha.

How is the figure, exactly? I really want to pick it up.

Belzelga is a huge favourite of mine also.
yeah, I think that Belzelga and Blossomail (Redrun's Japanese name) are the coolest-looking DVL-Types, but Pakat doesn't look too bad either!
(Aug. 01, 2011  1:33 PM)♥ Wrote:
(Aug. 01, 2011  3:49 AM)To Wrote: I actually have that D-Arts Metabee, and both of the current Kotokobukiya kits coming my way. I also have the Kuwagata version of Medarot DS coming my way, haha.

How is the figure, exactly? I really want to pick it up.

Belzelga is a huge favourite of mine also.

D-Arts is a line from Bandai figures that include S.H. Figuarts (specializes in Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, Jump, and PreCure characters, and some kid from Doraemon), Robot Damashii (specializes in robots or armor-suits from shows like Gundam, Full Metal Panic, Code Geass, etc.), Chogokin (also robots, but with heavy metal), and the Samurai Armored Troopers and Saint Seiya lines (figures with attachable armor) that have multiple points of articulation to give off realistic poses reminiscent to that from the original series.

D-Arts is a line that specializes in game characters. While they started off with Digimon, which is an anime, you can say that Digimon also falls under the gaming category. Same with Medarots. D-Arts Metabee come with a removable Medal, interchangeable faceplates for activated and deactivated mode, shooting visual effects, and one extra set of different hand positions. (opened palm). Click here for a review.
I know exactly what the D-Arts figure line is - certainly enough to know that D-Arts is a separate line altogether from the other lines you've mentioned, and doesn't include them all.

I've seen numerous reviews, but I wanted a first hand account from someone who actually owned the figure.
Oh, sorry. Not a lot of people know about those kind of things unless they do extensive research. But i guess my post is good enough for those who don't know what the D-Arts line is, and probably enough to get newcomers into it.

When Rokusho comes out, though, I'll buy him first. Then Metabee. I'd rather have Rokusho as my starter than Metabee.

But I wonder if they're gonna go as far as Medarots 1, like Metal Beetle or Head Scissors.
I actually don't have the D-Arts, or Kotokobukiya sets yet hence the "coming my way", haha. Sorry for any confusion. I should have them by the end of the month.

As for Head Scissors, and Metal Beetle, both of those are only slightly different than their Medarot 2 appearances, so making toys based on those designs are kind of pointless.

Also, I'd like to point out that Medabots/Medarot is a video game franchise, haha. The anime directly adapts Medarot 2, and came 2 years after the video game series began.
That, and the second series after was based off of Medarots 3, right?
The designs are, but I'm not too sure of the plot, as I haven't played Medarot 3 (the Medabots RPG that was localized in North America on GBA is a remake of Medarot 2).
Weird request, but does anyone have any decently sized pictures of Medabots Medals (anime, manga, game, or otherwise, preferably one that looks "flat" from a birds eye view)?

edit: I read that medals have multiple "stages", and as such i'm mainly looking for a final-stage Devil medal. Other weird medals outside the typical Stag/Hercules Beetle, such as Spider.
I was planning on using these for my game which is why I got someone to rip me them from the game.

Here you go:
http://i54.tinypic.com/nbqfpe.jpg
...Hey, To, remember when we asked about avis in RBP forum? You have a bunch of them to choose from. lol
Sorry for 2 month bump, but any news on that Robo-Emperor figure? Metabee is cool and all, but I'm interested in the giant octopus-dinosaur. Smile
I'm not aware of any news regarding the Robo Emperor figure. I know the Rokusho ones have been shown off in a more completed form recently.
This dream is alive! Horumarin, the artist behind a good portion of the Medarot/Medabots franchise has released a piece of art for Medarot 3D:

[Image: 111014_2.jpg]

This character is Black Bass, and is described as "An old black bass that has escaped many a fisherman, covered in the lures from their failed attempts”. The best part is... this art was rejected, haha. But it's nice to actually see something from Medarot 3D.
...I can see why it was rejected. IT'S HILARIOUS!
RISE FROM THE DEPTHS OF DEATH

MEDAROT 7 UNVEILED FOR 3DS

[Image: l_4fc5d2d3b08e0.jpg]
[Image: l_4fc5d2d6d90e6.jpg]
[Image: l_4fc5d2d366183.jpg]
[Image: l_4fc5d2da30108.jpg]
[Image: l_4fc5d2d6904e1.jpg]
[Image: l_4fc5d2d61ffcc.jpg]
[Image: l_4fc5d2d2348b3.jpg]
[Image: l_4fc5d2d2e6073.jpg]
[Image: l_4fc5d2d651131.jpg]

Features over 140 Medabots, 90 medals, WiFi Battles, Street Pass stuff, Augmented Reality functionality, and more! It seems the game is a prequel to Medarot DS (everyone looks younger, and they're using old model KBT and KWGs). For the full rundown read the last couple of posts on my blog.
AGGGGH

NOW I REAAALLY WANT THE 3DS

That actually looks really cool. The kickback is great too, I prefer the old series much more anyway. Can't wait to get an English version!