World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
The General Medabots Gaming Thread - 10 Years Strong! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: The General Medabots Gaming Thread - 10 Years Strong! (/Thread-The-General-Medabots-Gaming-Thread-10-Years-Strong)

Pages: 1 2 3

The General Medabots Gaming Thread - 10 Years Strong! - To - Apr. 10, 2010

The 2010 relaunch of the modestly popular Medabots franchise hits Japan this Spring on the Nintendo DS. Metabee, and Rokusho are reborn with a whole new cast of characters...

[Image: image_thumb148.png]
who all look ugly as sin.

Concept Art:
[Image: 162518-medabots.jpg]
[Image: blurb_medabots_20100204.png]

Screenshots:
[Image: medabots.jpg]

Famitsu Scan #1
Famitsu Scan #2
Famtisu Scan #3

RE: Medabots DS or get To a waaaaahhhhmbulance - NAP - Apr. 10, 2010

I loved Metabots! I used to watch them as tyke in Japan. I remember there was a game (the original one) for this, but I never played it.

This looks like an very interesting RPG.

RE: Medabots DS or get To a waaaaahhhhmbulance - tenzeku123 - Apr. 10, 2010

damn i wish they made it like the original you know ikki and metabee and why must they bring back ppeprcat like the original and not bring metabee like the original

RE: Medabots DS or get To a waaaaahhhhmbulance - Serotonin - Apr. 10, 2010

I'm pretty sure that's a Metabee variant in the OP, actually.

This looks a lot like the original GBA RPG, with a few slight graphical improvements.

RE: Medabots DS or get To a waaaaahhhhmbulance - pegasis105rf - Apr. 10, 2010

t loved metabot

RE: Medabots DS or get To a waaaaahhhhmbulance - BladerAce17 - Apr. 10, 2010

I LOOOOOOOOOOVED Medabots, and was so devastated when the show was taken off of the air! I loved it so much that I wanted to make "Nerf Armor" because of how cool the armor that they had was, and know how to make it work, too (sometimes, I have a LOT of free time)!

That's Season 2's Medabee in the first screenshot, and Peppercat and Totalizer are definately NOT new. Actually, I think that this whole game has "Season 2" written all over it! Time for the Kilobots!

RE: Medabots DS or get To a waaaaahhhhmbulance - To - Apr. 10, 2010

The Metabee in the OP is not the Metabee from Damashii/Season 3(Dub)/Season 2. That Metabee is a completely new creation based on a rhinoceres beetle IIRC.

This is Damashii's Metabee:

[Image: 19960.jpg]

Damashii may have been a horrible season, but it had great art.

RE: Medabots DS or get To a waaaaahhhhmbulance - BDaichi - Apr. 10, 2010

I never saw Damashii.
I looked around for it but no one what it :[
And the original gba game was the best.
When you played as the medabot.
The rpg was hella fun but I like the first more.

RE: Medabots DS or get To a waaaaahhhhmbulance - Medz - Apr. 10, 2010

Glad they're making a come back. When I tried out the gba rpg, medabots was already over, I hoped that it would come to the ds badly, so now its come, lets just wait and see.

RE: Medabots DS or get To a waaaaahhhhmbulance - To - Apr. 10, 2010

Anyone ever play the AX games on GBA? I never got the chance to. I played the Medabots: Metabee version, and Rokusho version, as well as Infinity on Gamecube, but nothing more than that.

RE: Medabots DS or get To a waaaaahhhhmbulance - Serotonin - Apr. 10, 2010

Owned Medabots AX Rokusho Version on the GBA, was quite fun, actually.

Quite easy though, and I'm relatively poor at games.

RE: Medabots DS or get To a waaaaahhhhmbulance - beybladeheart - Apr. 11, 2010

Yea cant wait for it to come to us.

RE: Medabots DS or get To a waaaaahhhhmbulance - Minion - Apr. 12, 2010

How timely. I just started playing Custom Robo DS and was thinking about how much I missed Medabots. Def. gotta check it out.

RE: Medabots DS or get To a waaaaahhhhmbulance - To - May. 20, 2010

Zomgosh, I was looking in a Mediacreate thread, and saw this was next week's release:

[NDS] Medarot DS: Kabuto (Rocket Company)
[NDS] Medarot DS: Kuwagata (Rocket Company)

Please don't suck, please don't suck. Please sell well, please sell well. Please get localized, please get localized.

RE: Medabots DS or get To a waaaaahhhhmbulance - Medz - May. 30, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VodhmGHBqQ the commercial looks pretty nice.

RE: Medabots DS or get To a waaaaahhhhmbulance - To - Aug. 10, 2010

So I've been reading up on the game. Apparently it's a set in the same world that contained the likes of Ikki Tenyro. In fact, Ikki apparently runs a hobby shop that sells Medabots, and one day he sells that ugly boy a KBT (or whatever Rokusho's type is) type. Metabee's medal has apparently been put into the body of an Arcbeetle as his old body was severely damaged. Hey wait a second, doesn't this sound familiar?

Gah, Natsume better localize this.

RE: Medabots DS Thread of Mr. Referee! - Brooklyn-Z - Aug. 10, 2010

cool i loved metabots i bought all of their little toys ^-^ at least this anime people cant say they ripped off of pokemon :T hmmm what show isnt coming back you got beyblade,metabots,digimon xros war(or digimon cross wars) and the new pokemon season coming :\ toy market is going to boom XD but cool metabots was a show i could turn to when i wanted some viloent action ^-^ other then beyblade and kinda of digimon ^-^ XD

RE: Medabots DS Thread of Mr. Referee! - MuchWow - Aug. 10, 2010

It seems that the battle system will be turn-based. I would've preferred if it was more customrobo like.
Cool though.

RE: Medabots DS Thread of Mr. Referee! - Reaper - Aug. 10, 2010

Medabots was ace Grin I'll look forward to this

RE: Medabots DS Thread of Mr. Referee! - To - Aug. 10, 2010

(Aug. 10, 2010  6:53 AM)H2O Wrote: It seems that the battle system will be turn-based. I would've preferred if it was more customrobo like.
Cool though.

The franchise is known for being a strategic turn based RPG. It makes sense that the reboot to it would be that rather than another fighting game (which the franchise has a lot of).

RE: Medabots DS Thread of Mr. Referee! - fragbait - Aug. 10, 2010

Game sounds cool. Hoping for a localization.

RE: Medabots DS Thread of Mr. Referee! - BladerAce17 - Aug. 10, 2010

Any chance that this get turned into a TV show? I really can't wait for the game, though (RHYME!). But the original art is much better than the game's art. Especially the Rokusho art. It SUKS in this game!

RE: Medabots DS Thread of Mr. Referee! - To - Aug. 10, 2010

(Aug. 10, 2010  8:50 PM)BladerAce17 Wrote: Any chance that this get turned into a TV show? I really can't wait for the game, though (RHYME!). But the original art is much better than the game's art. Especially the Rokusho art. It SUKS in this game!

I doubt there will be an anime series for this game. I think it'll just be like how Monster Ranchers got a bunch of new games despite the anime being over for years.

As for art, this franchise has had some strange things over the years:
[Image: 24y5qtf.jpg]
[Image: skyxc4.jpg]
[Image: wkh0m8.jpg]
[Image: 2qt91k1.jpg]
[Image: Foto+Shingata+Medarot+Kabuto+Version+(Japon%E9s).jpg]
[Image: Foto+Shingata+Medarot+Kuwagata+Version+(Japon%E9s).jpg]

RE: Medabots DS Thread of Mr. Referee! - Serotonin - Aug. 01, 2011

Would it be possible to make this a general Medabots Gaming thread?

I dug out my out Medabots: Rokusho Version game and started a new game, and I can't get over how intolerably hard this is at the beginning, before you get any sort of Medaforce. I've died about 5 times now, through a combination of running out of usable parts in a battle, to opponents getting incredibly lucky shots to my head part.

RE: Medabots DS Thread of Mr. Referee! - To - Aug. 01, 2011

I actually have some Medabots-themed things in store for the next few days or so, so I suppose I can change the title.