The Conduit (xbox graphics on wii)

(Sep. 28, 2008  1:52 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2008  1:31 PM)pegasis Wrote: but with this engine and the pointer wii fps games will rock,(thats my opinion)

oh and wut do latter means??

The wii pointer wasn't great. That's why red steel was so lame, the pointer wasn't fixed in the middle of the screen like when you play FPS games with a mouse.

Do you happen to own a dictionary?

Red Steel made my wrist hurt. :<

Also, T: Xbox Graphics does not mean 360 vs Wii(Debate joke)

and I love the wii graphics. I thought my brother was playing Lego Star Wars, but he was playing the Force Unleashed. I loled
(Sep. 28, 2008  4:33 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2008  4:31 PM)djspida5 Wrote: I agree in certain games graphics DO play a vital role in the outcome. if you're playing an fps and you're a sniper wouldn't you like to be able to see your target instead of just jagged lines?

I never had a problem hitting people in N64 goldeneye even with those graphics.

in css i usually have trouble getting hits mainly because i cant tell whether their on my team or not. i'd rather have clear smooth graphics than choppy polygons honestly.
(Sep. 29, 2008  3:50 AM)djspida5 Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2008  4:33 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2008  4:31 PM)djspida5 Wrote: I agree in certain games graphics DO play a vital role in the outcome. if you're playing an fps and you're a sniper wouldn't you like to be able to see your target instead of just jagged lines?

I never had a problem hitting people in N64 goldeneye even with those graphics.

in css i usually have trouble getting hits mainly because i cant tell whether their on my team or not. i'd rather have clear smooth graphics than choppy polygons honestly.

Choppy polygons? What computer do you own? O.O
The game looks really solid, and the graphics are nice as well. Easily my most anticipated Wii title right now.
i heared that it has great online play,and it doesnt use friendcodes yaaaaaaaaaaaaay
Graphics are overrated. Good, but definitely not top priority.

Maybe in an animated film they're one of the top priorities, but in games, it takes effort, not "good" graphics. What I mean is that there are games that can make excellent graphics happen with carp hardware.

If anyone sends me the crazy frog racer game I'll happily smash it, record it, put it on youtube and then auction the smashed game.
(Oct. 03, 2008  9:12 PM)Kei Wrote: The game looks really solid, and the graphics are nice as well. Easily my most anticipated Wii title right now.
so you're gonna buy this?

seriously man, you have a ps3, you could get cod4, one of the best console shooters of all time, yet you're gonna buy a mediocre wii game?
(Oct. 05, 2008  9:18 PM)SK Wrote: so you're gonna buy this?

seriously man, you have a ps3, you could get cod4, one of the best console shooters of all time, yet you're gonna buy a mediocre wii game?

Yeah, for sure.

Nothing against CoD4 as it is an amazing game, but, yes I am. How do you know that it will be mediocre? High Voltage is clearly working very hard to make this the best FPS on the Wii (and it has some worthy competition as well with MP3: Corruption and MoH: H2), and from what I have seen, it looks like it should be a great game.

Besides all of this, the fact that HVS is taking the time and resources to create their own engine and game specifically for Wii, I believe that all people who consider themselves "core" games deserve to at least give this game a chance. If this game bombs, it will worsen the future for games such as this in the future. Don't assume that just because it is on Wii, that it will be a mediocre game. A lot of gamers have gotten this mindset towards the Wii, and it needs to stop.
(Oct. 05, 2008  9:37 PM)Kei Wrote:

Yeah, for sure.

Nothing against CoD4 as it is an amazing game, but, yes I am. How do you know that it will be mediocre? High Voltage is clearly working very hard to make this the best FPS on the Wii (and it has some worthy competition as well with MP3: Corruption and MoH: H2), and from what I have seen, it looks like it should be a great game.

Besides all of this, the fact that HVS is taking the time and resources to create their own engine and game specifically for Wii, I believe that all people who consider themselves "core" games deserve to at least give this game a chance. If this game bombs, it will worsen the future for games such as this in the future. Don't assume that just because it is on Wii, that it will be a mediocre game. A lot of gamers have gotten this mindset towards the Wii, and it needs to stop.
your definetly right
Metroid isn't a shooter, Nintendo has stated time and time, it's a first person adventure game.
(Oct. 05, 2008  10:33 PM)To Wrote: Metroid isn't a shooter, Nintendo has stated time and time, it's a first person adventure game.

It doesn't change the fact that the view is first person (excluding Morph Ball) and you are shooting things.
(Oct. 05, 2008  9:37 PM)Kei Wrote:

Yeah, for sure.

well, i have 6 games on wii, all have been mediocre or worse(yes zelda and galaxy too)

and really, i can tell just from the screenshots it'll be mediocre
+ the wiimote might look like a good idea for shooters games, but it'll never be as good as people imagied it'd be, people will stick to keyboard/mouse, or gamepads/controllers
(Oct. 06, 2008  3:47 PM)SK Wrote: well, i have 6 games on wii, all have been mediocre or worse(yes zelda and galaxy too)

+ the wiimote might look like a good idea for shooters games, but it'll never be as good as people imagied it'd be, people will stick to keyboard/mouse, or gamepads/controllers

That's your opinion though, which is fine, but both of the games you mentioned have generally received extremely positive reviews.

Have you tried Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, or even Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (its not an FPS, but it still uses the Wii Remote to aim and such)? They were all excellent games, and the controls were very fluid and natural. The new Call of Duty for Wii should be good as well, as far as controls and gameplay are concerned.

I'm not saying that keyboard+mouse and other controllers are better or worse, but the Wii Remote + Nunchuk control schemes that have been implemented in the games I mentioned, turned out to work very well.
(Oct. 06, 2008  8:39 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2008  3:47 PM)SK Wrote: well, i have 6 games on wii, all have been mediocre or worse(yes zelda and galaxy too)

That's your opinion though, which is fine, but both of the games you mentioned have generally received extremely positive reviews.

Have you tried Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, or even Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (its not an FPS, but it still uses the Wii Remote to aim and such)? They were all excellent games, and the controls were very fluid and natural. The new Call of Duty for Wii should be good as well, as far as controls and gameplay are concerned.

I'm not saying that keyboard+mouse and other controllers are better or worse, but the Wii Remote + Nunchuk control schemes that have been implemented in the games I mentioned, turned out to work very well.
be completly honest, did you finish mario and zelda? i stopped with zelda at the second temple because it was so boring
and mario, it was fun, but after i got over the initial "omg new mario game carp yes" feeling i realized it was mediocre

I was planning on getting Medal of Honor Heroes 2 before i got a ps3, but i looked at some gameplay videoes and it looked like, well, carp to be honest.
I'm not a RE (or any other horror games lol) fan.

and why should i bother getting the stripped down wii version of CoD5, when I get the ps3 version?
(Oct. 06, 2008  8:39 PM)Kei Wrote: Have you tried Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, or even Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (its not an FPS, but it still uses the Wii Remote to aim and such)? They were all excellent games, and the controls were very fluid and natural. The new Call of Duty for Wii should be good as well, as far as controls and gameplay are concerned.

Metroid Prime 3 felt awesome control wise. Heck, I wish I could play Halo with a Wii-mote.

I guess most hardcore FPS gamers are already so used to standard controlers, etc, that it feels worse for them. For me though, I was never much into FPS games before, but I had no trouble with the controls in MP3 when I got it last year, while Halo 3 took me a big while to get used too. Wii-mote seems easier to use and feels more realistic as well (for one, you're actually aiming with it irl); I guess this could draw out more casual gamers.

I think concerning games on various platforms, I'd be basing my choice on how the online multiplayer turns out to be, which more than likely means I wouldn't be picking up the Wii-version...
if they made the fps games on wii playable with the wiimote and the gamecube controllers will the hardcore gamers be happy?
(Oct. 07, 2008  1:58 PM)SK Wrote: be completly honest, did you finish mario and zelda? i stopped with zelda at the second temple because it was so boring
and mario, it was fun, but after i got over the initial "omg new mario game carp yes" feeling i realized it was mediocre

I was planning on getting Medal of Honor Heroes 2 before i got a ps3, but i looked at some gameplay videoes and it looked like, well, carp to be honest.

and why should i bother getting the stripped down wii version of CoD5, when I get the ps3 version?

I will be. Never finished Twilight Princess. Got stuck at one of the temples, and didn't go back to it. I will eventually though. That being said, I've never beaten a Zelda game lol. However, I immensely enjoyed and finished Super Mario Galaxy, all 120 stars.

So you haven't tried any of the three games I listed? You really should give one of them a chance, so that you'll understand what I'm talking about. As for your comments about Call of Duty: World At War, they make no sense because Treyarch has stated that the Wii version will support everything that will be included in the PS3/360 version. Graphically speaking though, your statement would be correct. As far as gameplay and controls go, more opinion than fact.

First-Person Shooters on Wii are very good, when done right.

(Oct. 07, 2008  3:02 PM)King of Darkness Wrote: Metroid Prime 3 felt awesome control wise. Heck, I wish I could play Halo with a Wii-mote.

I guess most hardcore FPS gamers are already so used to standard controlers, etc, that it feels worse for them. For me though, I was never much into FPS games before, but I had no trouble with the controls in MP3 when I got it last year, while Halo 3 took me a big while to get used too. Wii-mote seems easier to use and feels more realistic as well (for one, you're actually aiming with it irl); I guess this could draw out more casual gamers.

Ha, that sure would be cool. Honestly, I like both the traditional control schemes offered in Halo and other FPS's, and the new Wii Remote+Nunchuk style which is has arguably already been perfected with the games I've mentioned in other posts.
(Oct. 07, 2008  10:48 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2008  1:58 PM)SK Wrote: be completly honest, did you finish mario and zelda? i stopped with zelda at the second temple because it was so boring

I will be. Never finished Twilight Princess. Got stuck at one of the temples, and didn't go back to it. I will eventually though. That being said, I've never beaten a Zelda game lol. However, I immensely enjoyed and finished Super Mario Galaxy, all 120 stars.

So you haven't tried any of the three games I listed? You really should give one of them a chance, so that you'll understand what I'm talking about. As for your comments about Call of Duty: World At War, they make no sense because Treyarch has stated that the Wii version will support everything that will be included in the PS3/360 version. Graphically speaking though, your statement would be correct. As far as gameplay and controls go, more opinion than fact.

First-Person Shooters on Wii are very good, when done right.

(Oct. 07, 2008  3:02 PM)King of Darkness Wrote: Metroid Prime 3 felt awesome control wise. Heck, I wish I could play Halo with a Wii-mote.

Ha, that sure would be cool. Honestly, I like both the traditional control schemes offered in Halo and other FPS's, and the new Wii Remote+Nunchuk style which is has arguably already been perfected with the games I've mentioned in other posts.
i'll try them out, if i get them for presents or whatver, but i'm not gonna waste my own money on a wii game ever again

and by stripped down i meant graphics and online, does anyone even care about the single player in cod games? lol
(Oct. 07, 2008  11:14 PM)SK Wrote: and by stripped down i meant graphics and online, does anyone even care about the single player in cod games? lol

Hmm, it makes sense that the online would be toned down a bit on the Wii version, although EA was able to manage 32 player online for MoH: H2, and it wasn't plagued by an lag problems at all.

Treyarch did say it would support all modes though, but I am not sure if they have said anything further.
[Image: 858.jpg?r]

I'm sorry guys, this game looks like absolute carp.
This thread is carp full of lulz.

And now I will disappear.
guiz this game will support wiispeak Smilenow we can talk to people we fight online
this game also supports wii motionplus(:
(Oct. 08, 2008  10:41 AM)pegasis Wrote: guiz this game will support wiispeak Smilenow we can talk to people we fight online

this feature was a lot better when microsoft introduced it several years ago and you didn't have to shout across the room