The Canadian Metagame

.... i self koed like 2 times but thats because the guy was using cs but yeah i guess lol and yeah i know i need to practice with attack types but its really hard because i dont have an attack stadium
(May. 02, 2011  9:58 PM)BrawlLawl Wrote: .... i self koed like 2 times but thats because the guy was using cs but yeah i guess lol and yeah i know i need to practice with attack types but its really hard because i dont have an attack stadium
Not sure if I put it up, but against a 'trained' Vulcan, Maximum Meteor achieved an 80% win rate. I suggest you practice a darn good sliding shoot/bank shot. Just try and get the pattern, its just easier the attack stadium.
(May. 02, 2011  10:24 PM)Dan Wrote:
(May. 02, 2011  9:58 PM)BrawlLawl Wrote: .... i self koed like 2 times but thats because the guy was using cs but yeah i guess lol and yeah i know i need to practice with attack types but its really hard because i dont have an attack stadium
Not sure if I put it up, but against a 'trained' Vulcan, Maximum Meteor achieved an 80% win rate. I suggest you practice a darn good sliding shoot/bank shot. Just try and get the pattern, its just easier the attack stadium.
yeah im not going to be using vulcan against you LOL and i wont be using any ordinary attack type against meteo because meteo's a counter against almost every attack type unless somehow i can make my vulcan do what ever i want but yeah im gonna take your word and practice now Eee
Not sure how much this will add to the thread that hasn't already been said, but I was talking to Hero via PM and thought this would be worth posting:

Hero Wrote:Err ... If what I hear from Dan is correct the game there revolves around Basalt/Hell 230.

Dan probably shouldn't be making such swift assumptions, considering that he has never fully participated in one of our tournaments. I don't see Basalt all that often, to be completely honest. I've been seeing Hell and 230 more often lately, but it is by no means widely used by everyone. Both are highly successful though, of course; I used a Hell combo at BCRS1 and Ignite Your Spirit! and won a few matches with it, as I'm sure a few other people have, and Xman8024 just won BCRS2 with MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD (and some variants of it throughout the tournament). As for 230, I've won countless matches with 230-based customs since December, and won Ignite Your Spirit! with MF-H Basalt Bull 230CS. The other people who have 230 have also been using it, but I can't comment on how they've done with it.

Attack-types have been everywhere lately more than anything; particularly MF Lightning L Drago BD145RF at the last tournament, but also Gravity and Meteo L Drago customs.

This is aside from the random combos of course. There is many more specifics I'm missing, but you get the idea.

--

Hopefully more people from the Toronto area will start posting here; obviously, there is only so much I can observe when I'm hosting most of our tournaments!
Haha an extremely valid point Kei, but anyone can read the standings posted by attendees. By revolving, I did not mean frequently used, but more frequently placed which is totally different. You must agree that Basalt 230, and many 230 combinations in general do indeed place in our competitions, right? Tell me I'm wrong, but there is a prevalence no?
(May. 06, 2011  10:56 PM)Dan Wrote: Haha an extremely valid point Kei, but anyone can read the standings posted by attendees. By revolving, I did not mean frequently used, but more frequently placed which is totally different. You must agree that Basalt 230, and many 230 combinations in general do indeed place in our competitions, right? Tell me I'm wrong, but there is a prevalence no?

Prevalence as far as placing goes, yes. That said, the top three are never 230, 230, 230; there is variation.
Yeah, I didn't mean the impression Hero got. Perhaps I didn't explain it properly. (tips)
But for the most part you are coming in first, and you are using 230. 230 holds a vice-grip on tournaments, just question, how much variation is in each match you partake in? (combination wise, as I doubt your just spamming Basalt 230CS)
I don't find Gravity and Meteo L-Drago combinations to be particularly plentiful (but that could just be me). I also don't see 230 as being prominent in its use. That being said, anyone who has used 230 has almost certainly done well even if the combo isn't particularly good. If I remember correctly, at Recruitment Session 2 someone got to the semifinals (and then had a record of 5-2 during the semifinals) using Basalt Horogium 230WD.
Yeah that was my friend Summonkeep3 sorry to spam
...point made. Anyhow, attack types have become quite prominent over here. The degree of successfulness of their users, however, is often questionable at best.