Testing Hasbro's VariAres.

Now the big question I have is, how does this compare to Cosmic?

Overall, I am a bit disapointed
I'm curious to see how it performs with a few other different tracks. There still could be some hope for it.
(Aug. 23, 2012  3:49 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Also, why is VariAres being tested in Left Spin? At the time of the TT VariAres, I read somewhere that VariAres must be in right spin (against a right spin bey) if one wants maximum attack potential. Sooo...

It's kind of a tradeoff with the different spin directions. In left, you have less recoil, but you don't get as effective as a hit, since of the wild "spin equalizing" theory (yes, I realize Vari has little to none) from what I see. In right spin you have a ton of more recoil, but with right on right spin, there's more of a 'clash' per se, from my experience.
To get accurate results, we need it tested in both spins, just to see how it performs entirely.
Ah yes, could someone test this against MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145 (Boost Mode) CS/WD?
Like I was saying about many other new Metal Fury wheels, we should test more on older combos, so we'll know if they would have had any competitive use in a dated metagame.
Preferably MF Variares CH120RF/R2F/LRF, in both spin directions.
K as requested tests against MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145CS and a little something of my own.

MF-L Variares CH145R2F (Left, Hasbro) vs MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145CS (Boost Mode)
Vari: 18/20 (14 KO, 4OS)
Kerbecs: 2/20 (1 KO, 1 OS)

Variares Win Rate: 90%

4 Ties that were redone.

This was actually really funny. Some how the Metal Fury Variares destabilized kerbecs and scraped it to death even on boost mode. Hmmm.....

MF-L Variares E230XF (Left, Hasbro, Lower mode) vs MF-H Duo Cancer 230CS
Vari: 15/20 ( 5 KO, 10 OS)
Cancer: 5/20 (All OS)

Variares Win Rate: 75%

5 Ties that were redone.

This was interesting. The Metal Fury Variares, definitely has a lot of destabilization ability. The OS were mostly by Cancer scraping itself to death. Unfortunately it doesn't have much LAD. Perhaps CF could work better? I am ordering a synchrom set so I might be able to test that out in the future.

Wow I'm a noob...I forgot to do right spin tests. I guess I'll have to do those later.
I'm glad to see some good results from VariAries. Good tests.
Those are definitely... Interesting results. Thanks.
If by "Good tests." you mean not terrible, then I guess that's ok. lol Gravity does pretty much everything Variares can do + Spin Equalize.

The only thing Variares has going for it is the destabilization, but it pretty much looses against everything other than 230 variants and TH170.
(Aug. 26, 2012  12:16 AM)Meow! Wrote: If by "Good tests." you mean not terrible, then I guess that's ok. lol Gravity does pretty much everything Variares can do + Spin Equalize.

The only thing Variares has going for it is the destabilization, but it pretty much looses against everything other than 230 variants and TH170.

Yes lol that's what I meant. I mean anything over useless i will be happy with. I mean after the first impressions of these Metal Fury Wheels, it's nice to see some decent results.
i think hasbro variares is a rip off because you cant switch the modes making it worst
if u were to put hasbro variares against tt variares hasbro wont stand a chance giving tt the win
Congratulations, that didn't add to the discussion of Hasbros Vari at all.
If someone is willing to risk it, could someone take the PC Frame (?) from the Hasbro one, and switch it with a TT/SK one? Yeah, I know it's illegal, but I'd like to know if it being one solid piece would have helped, if it was like the TT/SK ones.
(Aug. 25, 2012  3:08 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2012  3:49 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Also, why is VariAres being tested in Left Spin? At the time of the TT VariAres, I read somewhere that VariAres must be in right spin (against a right spin bey) if one wants maximum attack potential. Sooo...

It's kind of a tradeoff with the different spin directions. In left, you have less recoil, but you don't get as effective as a hit, since of the wild "spin equalizing" theory (yes, I realize Vari has little to none) from what I see. In right spin you have a ton of more recoil, but with right on right spin, there's more of a 'clash' per se, from my experience.
To get accurate results, we need it tested in both spins, just to see how it performs entirely.
Ah yes, could someone test this against MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145 (Boost Mode) CS/WD?
Like I was saying about many other new Metal Fury wheels, we should test more on older combos, so we'll know if they would have had any competitive use in a dated metagame.
Preferably MF Variares CH120RF/R2F/LRF, in both spin directions.

Ah, that's exactly what I have been believing since TT's VariAres, haha!
Thanks a lot for reconfirming! Joyful_3

Meow- Those seriously are interesting! I never thought that destabilization could be SO effective in today's meta.
The way you say it, it certainly is weird! Making a Boost Mode BD145 scrape is something tough to do.
To be honest, I am actually surprised that BD145 failed to stabilize itself after getting destabilized. Hell BD145 had been pretty good with their weight distribution, which made it tough to destabilize them...
As for Duo, that isn't too surprising, haha! 230 takes a significantly longer time in retaining its balance; whatever tip be used with it....
However, it'd be interesting to see Duo on a lower track...
(Aug. 26, 2012  9:51 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Congratulations, that didn't add to the discussion of Hasbros Vari at all.
If someone is willing to risk it, could someone take the PC Frame (?) from the Hasbro one, and switch it with a TT/SK one? Yeah, I know it's illegal, but I'd like to know if it being one solid piece would have helped, if it was like the TT/SK ones.

I don't quite get what you are saying here....The TT Vari was a solid piece. There was no Core, Metal Frame, Etc. (Well I don't know the exact terminology, but what I'm trying to get at is that the piece of metal was not split.)

So in theory, there would be no smash added due being on piece. (Since they are both technically 1 piece)

Edit: I think I'm misunderstanding your post. How is the Metal Fury Variares magically not 1 piece and the the TT ver. is? The Metal Fury Variares actually has a lot less pieces going on in its Metal Wheel.
What I was trying to get at was switching the "colored" part on the bottom with each other. Doubt they're compatible, but I'd love to know if it could be good.
(Aug. 31, 2012  12:51 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: What I was trying to get at was switching the "colored" part on the bottom with each other. Doubt they're compatible, but I'd love to know if it could be good.

Yes I've already tried it XD They are " Switchable"
(Aug. 31, 2012  3:20 PM)Meow! Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2012  12:51 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: What I was trying to get at was switching the "colored" part on the bottom with each other. Doubt they're compatible, but I'd love to know if it could be good.

How much of a weight difference do they have between the "Switchable Variares" and the regular Hasbro Variares? Doubt that theres a lot, but just trying my chances, hahah.

Would you mind testing a TT MW with the Hasbro Plastic part? Tongue_out
(Aug. 31, 2012  10:01 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote:

Would you mind testing a TT MW with the Hasbro Plastic part? Tongue_out

When I meant switchable, I thought you were only referencing putting the TT's Pc Frame onto the MF Variares.

In order to put the MF PC Frame onto the TT Variares you would have to remove the yellow bits. I'll have to take a look at the inside of variares again, because I might not be comfortable dealing with "tough to get back into place" springs and such.

Edit: I just removed the yellow bits in the TT Variares. It Turns out you can't fit the hasbro pc frame in, because the triangles on the sides are larger and don't fit into the gaps on the TT Vari like I mentioned before. Also the The plain metal piece on the TT Variares is much heavier than the hasbro metal piece, becuase there is a lot more metal posts, blockers, and things to fit the mechanism onto. The middle portion is also much thicker than the hasbro's for whatever reason. I'll try to upload pics soon
Wow, that's retarded.

Thank you Vari much for trying it.
Pictures!!!

TT
Hasbro
Compared
Hasbro w/ TT PC Frame
TT w/ Hasbro PC Frame
I was right about how the weight was removed, then. A lot off the centre, and it looks like most of the wheel has been thinned out in general. The wings themselves haven't been altered significantly from the looks of things.

Aggressive, opposite-spin movement creates a lot of destabilisation, so that plus the possibly slightly improved weight distribution would be why it's working okay as a destabiliser.

Could you do some Solo Spins of your TT and Hasbro Variares?
With thier stock DGrin(WB) and 145WB? Or with a basic stamina setup. eg. AD145WD?
145b is fairly standard, but as long as you make sure tip condition is kept as consistent as possible, WD etc are fine too.
My favorite use for Hasbro Variares: As a Beywheel, I launch it at walls and see how much more I can screw it up
The takara variaries is only slightly better I think Wat do u think other bladers
(Sep. 11, 2012  2:16 AM)Dragoon g 12345 Wrote: The takara variaries is only slightly better I think Wat do u think other bladers

Look at the tests in this topic ?