World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Testing Hasbro's VariAres. - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Metal Fight Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Metal-Fight-Customizations)
+---- Thread: Testing Hasbro's VariAres. (/Thread-Testing-Hasbro-s-VariAres)

Pages: 1 2 3

Testing Hasbro's VariAres. - Kai-V - Aug. 07, 2012

I do have test results of MF VariAres R145RF against MSF Revizer Revizer E230CS, but for some reason, I got zero wins for both Hasbro and TAKARA-TOMY today ...

Still, what I can say is that Hasbro's VariAres does not perform that differently from what I saw. It really does weigh nine grams less than TAKARA-TOMY's and SonoKong's, and the fact that the yellow triangles are not retractable gives it more Recoil, but it generally performs the same, if not just slightly worse.

If anybody else has test results that are not just zero to twenty, I hope you will post here, hah.

RE: Testing Hasbro's VariAres. - Meow! - Aug. 07, 2012

I do have the hasbro variares and a worn tt variares. I tried them against MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS.

The hasbro variares is definitely terrible and much worse than the tt vari. The yellow plastic bits extend out a bit more than on the tt variares and definitely render it useless along with the weight.

I'll try to get some formal tests up and pics later.

RE: Testing Hasbro's VariAres. - Kai-V - Aug. 08, 2012

Also, nowhere on the box does it say that it can spin left and right, but it can, hah. It also comes with a right-spin launcher.

I am eager to see your tests. Hopefully we can edit the VariAres article on Beywiki sooner than later.

RE: Testing Hasbro's VariAres. - Meow! - Aug. 08, 2012

Ok so here are the tests. So before I get to these tests: one interesting thing I noticed is that the hasbro variares's pc frame sticks out more than the tt one, which means it has even less smash than the tt vari at low spin velocity. (which is very underwhelming)

I took some pics. They aren't in the exact same spot but you can kinda see it. Obviously the one without stickers is the hasbro ver.

Well enough talking (well, reading) lets get to the tests....

MF Variares R145R2F (Metal Fury, Left Spin) vs MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS
Variares: 4/20 (All KO)
Basalt: 16/20 (2 KO, 14 OS)
1 Tie that was redone.

Hasbro Variares Win Rate: 20%

Very, very underwhelming. I though I was watching L drago Destroy take on basalt. Tired Push, push, push, scrape, push, push, push. But unfortunately the hasbro variares still has horrible spin stealing abilities and the r145 always makes it stop first.

So here is the test for my tt variares as a comparison. Note: It is worn as shown in the pics above....

MF Variares R145R2F (TT, Left Spin) vs MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS
Variares: 16/20 (All KO)
Basalt: 4/20 (2 KO, 2 OS)
5 Ties that were redone.

TT Variares Win Rate: 80%

So yeah normal results here, but again no competition. I know for a fact the pc frame completely screws it over, because I hear a lot of Plastic vs Metal contact and almost all of those hits were "push, push, push, scrape, push, push,push".

I really want to try Hasbro Variares TR145/ED145MF now lol. It might be able to destabilize the defense combo and spin steal the remaining energy. Maybe the TR145/ED145 would save it!

RE: Testing Hasbro's VariAres. - TentacleZooka - Aug. 08, 2012

I'm a big Variares fan and I might have to get the hasbro one

RE: Testing Hasbro's VariAres. - BeybladeStation - Aug. 08, 2012

Wow, I didn't really expect such an exaggerated difference in results between the two. I don't understand why they would take nine grams off it, however. This does change the Metagame for Hasbro Beyblade-users because if it isn't doing well against Basalt I'd think the younger audience would already realize that Basalt (for them as of now) is like what it was here just a few months ago: an amazing and overused Defense type. I'd hate to see this again.

(Aug. 08, 2012  9:08 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: Wow, I didn't really expect such an exaggerated difference in results between the two. I don't understand why they would take nine grams off it, however. This does change the Metagame for Hasbro Beyblade-users because if it isn't doing well against Basalt I'd think the younger audience would already realize that Basalt (for them as of now) is like what it was here just a few months ago: an amazing and overused Defense type. I'd hate to see this again.

Basically, unless Hasbro does release the actual 4D Beyblades later, we should just totally advise every "Hasbro player" to purchase Hell Kerbecs and Basalt Horogium while they can : it is clear that those will dominate from now on, in that metagame.

RE: Testing Hasbro's VariAres. - Sword Master - Aug. 08, 2012

unfortunately i am a ''hasbro player'' but i have got those 2 beys, do all metal fury 4d system beyblades have weight loss?

(Aug. 08, 2012  9:48 PM)Kirito Wrote: unfortunately i am a ''hasbro player'' but i have got those 2 beys, do all metal fury 4d system beyblades have weight loss?

Yes, absolutely all of them. Forbidden was apparently left "intact", but only because it was very light already.

RE: Testing Hasbro's VariAres. - BeyBWithClass - Aug. 10, 2012

I have has bro variares and it feels kind of weak when you rip it I mean when you look closely it looks as though it is wobbling when you barely rip it. And I wish it had changing tip like tt version :\

RE: Testing Hasbro's VariAres. - BeybladeStation - Aug. 11, 2012

(Aug. 08, 2012  9:44 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Basically, unless Hasbro does release the actual 4D Beyblades later, we should just totally advise every "Hasbro player" to purchase Hell Kerbecs and Basalt Horogium while they can : it is clear that those will dominate from now on, in that metagame.
True that, it can't stay up with this type of bull. I guess it would be okay, however the new "BeyWheelz" are taking up time in the episode series and now time is cut off and emphasis on MFB is lowered.

RE: Testing Hasbro's VariAres. - Hero II - Aug. 17, 2012

VariAres got a lot less "damaged" by hasbro than I thought it was going to be lol! But with it's performance, it makes me shudder on what they have plans for Flash.

RE: Testing Hasbro's VariAres. - Sayak Blader - Aug. 19, 2012

What the hell kerbecs.I think its better to get fakes.takara should relese in India soon.looks like im gonna stick with my gravity.

RE: Testing Hasbro's VariAres. - Ingulit - Aug. 20, 2012

Okay, so the Hasbro VariAres can't hold a candle to the TT in standard attack setups (not surprising), so I think the only hope this wheel has will be more unconventional setups like what Meow! was talking about.

While normally I would say at this point that the wheel is probably not worth talking about, it does technically fufil the second part of my MFB mantra:

"In order for a metal wheel to be viable, it must fufil at least one of these two things:
1) It must weigh at least 40 grams (or thereabouts), or
2) It must be able to spin left."

Now just because it spins left I don't think we should look into spin stealers, as I can't imagine Hasbro VariAres being better than Meteo for that purpose (if someone can prove me wrong, that's awesome). A more comparable wheel I think would be Gravity, and I'm thinking we'll be hard pressed to find a custom that couldn't be made better by switching the metal wheel to Gravity.

What we need to look at is how this wheel differs from the other resident lightweight left-spin wheels to see if this wheel has any hope at all. Any thoughts? I might pick one up myself, though I'm not sure it'd be worth the purchase since I just got the TT VariAres not too long ago.

RE: Testing Hasbro's VariAres. - Janstarblast - Aug. 20, 2012

If possible, it would be great to know its exact weight, so that we'd know how far flung it really is from the 40g benchmark. Smile
If it isn't too impressive with its weight, then I believe there's no "real" hope that may inspire testers to test further. However, I agree that its too early to jump to conclusions already.
While the opposite direction spin does give it an edge over other wheels; unfortunately, it has too many competitors already. Gravity is currently the best Attack wheel available to Hasbro bladers (Cosmic has started to dethrone it though), and seeing its amazing versatility, VariAres shall have a tough time trying to outrank it.
Gravity has found use in everything where VariAres "could" have performed well. Gravity already has uses in spin stealing, Gravity Perseus (Stamina Ver.) 100EWD being the most noticeable of them all...
Meteo of course, will be a lot better than ANYTHING for spin stealing.
We cannot forget Lightning though, which still poses a threat to VariAres existence in the Hasbro meta even as a niche combo. One cannot deny that its second only to Gravity in the Hasbro meta; and is yet quite effective in its purpose. So VariAres ought to be better than Lightning too, if it wants to find any use...
Not to mention that we also have L Drago Destructor which hasn't been tested yet...
Wait, I have been away for a while so forgive me if I missed out on L Drago Destructor's tests, if they were posted. Smile

Since the day Hasbro announced the release of its VariAres, I NEVER expected it to find any Attack use. However, I did have the feeling that it'd have "some" spin stealing qualities.

Seeing that Hasbro has kept VariAres' structure exactly similar to TT's, and also taking into account the loss in weight- The recoil would be tremendous. Kai-V already mentioned it, and its also pretty obvious now.
It has all the things that a good Metal Wheel shouldn't have... Unhappy

RE: Testing Hasbro's VariAres. - Cosmic - Aug. 20, 2012

I have gotten the Hasbro VariAres and also have an unboxing on YouTube of it. but it is really easy to stadium out it even with a phantom orion, and Flame Libra. it also doesn't change modes. and it comes with 145WB. it is a little different colors on the metal/clear wheel. also its now all yellow except having some red in it like the TT version

RE: Testing Hasbro's VariAres. - Kai-V - Aug. 22, 2012

(Aug. 20, 2012  5:38 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: If possible, it would be great to know its exact weight, so that we'd know how far flung it really is from the 40g benchmark. Smile

I do not have the exact weight, but my scale says 34 grams. The real VariAres weighs 43.6 grams, according to kyoganken.

RE: Testing Hasbro's VariAres. - Derpey_blader - Aug. 22, 2012

I'm wondering how hasbros going to kill zero-g (unless they get to depressed by there so called 4D.) I bet the'll only youse flat on samarie and make a right flat for fienic. Hoos with
E? and the stadium will just be a big bowl!

RE: Testing Hasbro's VariAres. - sarabscientist - Aug. 22, 2012

That is ... non contributing to the thread? Just post in Random Beyblade Thoughts.

Ya sorry but it's tru

RE: Testing Hasbro's VariAres. - Janstarblast - Aug. 22, 2012

(Aug. 22, 2012  4:46 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2012  5:38 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: If possible, it would be great to know its exact weight, so that we'd know how far flung it really is from the 40g benchmark. Smile

I do not have the exact weight, but my scale says 34 grams. The real VariAres weighs 43.6 grams, according to kyoganken.

That just kills it really...
Almost 10 grams lighter than the original TT variant, and an offset of 6 grams from the 40 gram benchmark.
Coincidentally, Gravity too, weighs around 34 grams. But well, it has an exclusive Clear Wheel, which increases its overall weight by a fair margin.
While Meteo is light(probably at 28-29 grams), it has that 6 gram L Drago II supporting it! XD

Sooo, weight-wise, its already out of the competition... Unhappy

On another note I think hasbro made thare metal wheels hollow and didnt youse the 4D sistim because they were saving material because they Thot that only five year olds play bey blade just because and they do it because it has an anamey. So basically all hasbro metal fury will be way outclassed by takara. That includes variares. Also only yousing out classed tips and tracks will pretty much have no competitive yous what so ever. Basically don't by hasbro metal fury.

RE: Testing Hasbro's VariAres. - Cookie Bouquets - Aug. 22, 2012

(Aug. 22, 2012  7:10 PM)Derpey_blader Wrote: On another note I think hasbro made thare metal wheels hollow and didnt youse the 4D sistim because they were saving material because they Thot that only five year olds play bey blade just because and they do it because it has an anamey. So basically all hasbro metal fury will be way outclassed by takara. That includes variares. Also only yousing out classed tips and tracks will pretty much have no competitive yous what so ever. Basically don't by hasbro metal fury.

Dude, spelling? Of course hasbro's metal wheels will be outclassed, it was mentioned a long time ago.

Sorry I did this really fast so ya. But I was explaining wy it's so bad.

RE: Testing Hasbro's VariAres. - Janstarblast - Aug. 23, 2012

(Aug. 22, 2012  7:10 PM)Derpey_blader Wrote: On another note I think hasbro made thare metal wheels hollow and didnt youse the 4D sistim because they were saving material because they Thot that only five year olds play bey blade just because and they do it because it has an anamey. So basically all hasbro metal fury will be way outclassed by takara. That includes variares. Also only yousing out classed tips and tracks will pretty much have no competitive yous what so ever. Basically don't by hasbro metal fury.

Well, we have NO idea why Hasbro's changing the 4D series completely. The "Saving Material" theory is one of the few "fan-assumptions", which may/may not be true.
Also, most of us already know that Hasbro 4D wheels are going to be outclassed by TT ones. Smile

I was just thinking-
Its already known that VariAres is a bit too light to attack well enough. I wonder if it handles its own recoil though. Seeing that the shape of the contact points is similar to that of TT VariAres, I was just a bit curious to know this. Its not important anyway... :\

Also, why is VariAres being tested in Left Spin? At the time of the TT VariAres, I read somewhere that VariAres must be in right spin (against a right spin bey) if one wants maximum attack potential. Sooo...