Teeth/slope swap? Legal?

So i dont know if this has come up but since the teeth/slope portion of the layers are screwed in using the same screws on both takara and hasbro could we simply swap? I like the aesthetic of the Takara layers better but hate the eventual wear of teeth. My main question is, would this still be tournament legal?
absolutely not
Yeah unfortunately basically any modifications made to a beyblade are illegal for tournament use, whether it be spray-painted, unscrewed and replaced, etc. Doesn't mean it's completely against the law though
(Jan. 21, 2017  6:49 PM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: absolutely not

Whats the reasoning behind this? The molds look identical as far as i can tell. I dont see why a swap would make any difference, hasbro and takara are both accepted in the meta correct? It doesnt seem like an unfair modification, your only swapping a piece from one brand to another.

Edit: The rules state no brand incompatibility, swapping that part would make it compatible. This seems like a pretty harmless swap, there isnt any modification to the parts themselves, just a swap. I dont feel like this would effect the meta at all, its really just an aesthetic thing, I don't see it effecting performance, maybe if the molds were different but all the comparisons i have seen of weight as far as the layer goes is identical.

In addition worn launcher parts can be replaced, this seems like a modification with a grey area. Can we get an official ruling on this?
Some of the molds are actually slightly different.
For what I know the difference Suzaku said makes some combos by harder to burst than they would normally would be, in other way, they would behave has they shouldn't
(Jan. 21, 2017  7:10 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: For what I know the difference Suzaku said makes some combos by harder to burst than they would normally would be, in other way, they would behave has they shouldn't

I dont see how they would behave any differently, lets say you do the swap, your using all hasbro parts including the slope mechanism, the only difference would be the clear portion of the layer. It would have the same burst mechanism that hasbro has natively.
(Jan. 21, 2017  7:13 PM)zowiez Wrote: I dont see how they would behave any differently, lets say you do the swap, your using all hasbro parts including the slope mechanism, the only difference would be the clear portion of the layer. It would have the same burst mechanism that hasbro has natively.

The issue is that some of the Hasbro clear portions are significantly different from their Takara counterparts, and the slopes don't behave the same way as Takara's teeth either. Swap the parts between Odin and Odax and you've effectively created 2 new Beyblades with different performance, not just made them compatible with the other brand's Drivers.

Disassembly of Beyblade parts that require tools or are otherwise not intended to be swapped by the manufacturer are generally frowned upon, anyways. It makes it much harder for organizers and judges to determine that nothing else was tampered with during disassembly, and encourages people to tamper with their Beyblades in ways that may break them.
I'd like to see what this would look like when modified as an experiment, though I agree with the other members' responses that there's likely no way it'd ever be considered legal or perform "exactly the same" as TT/Hasbro out of box. In my personal opinion, if parts modified end up performing better than parts unmodified and they become legal, that puts an unfair amount of pressure on the entire community to modify their Beyblades too!
The rule of thumb is always: only use the parts as they were meant to be used. If the two layers were really meant to be separated, TAKARA-TOMY would not have used screws that require a rare tool to undo.
Furthermore, few of Hasbro's Dual Layers share interchangeable Over Layers with Takara-Tomy's Dual Layers, and none of their Basic Layers' Over and Under Layers can be swapped with Takara-Tomy's due to differences in screw size (Hasbro's Basic Layer screws are larger than Takara-Tomy's) and other visible molding differences.
I would definitely like to see it done as an experiment as well. But yeah everyone's right. Hasbro slightly modifies their molds from TT's anyways... I personally doubt they'd actually fit together with some beys.

I would like to see someone do it someday though. Maybe I'll get around to doing it myself, but I'd be afraid to damage them getting them apart/putting them together due to the differences in the sizes of the screws... and TT beys aren't exactly cheap unfortunately.
I think we should indeed do some testing before we jump right to judgement, especially knowing how so many parts are downright obsolete.