Team Starbreaker Set Draft

Quote:Content:
*Killer Beafowl UW145EWD (Evil Befall UW145EWD)
*Hell Kerbecs BD145DS (Hades Kerbecs BD145DS)
*Flame Byxis 230WD
*Two Ripcord Launchers

Overall: An abundance of useful parts can be obtained through this Set. Although UW145 is not particularly effective, BD145 is the go-to Track for Defense purposes and it works well in conjuction with EDS for Stamina types, while 230 is top-tier in Stamina and Balance. Flame and Killer may both be outclassed in all aspects, but the Hell Metal Wheel paired with BD145 makes a decent Stamina type. Kerbecs' heavy weight makes it usable on Defense types. Also, EWD is top-tier for Stamina and is extremely useful in Spin-Stealing combinations. WD is top-notch for Stamina types as well, and DS is usable for Stamina too.

In conclusion, this Set is a great purchase for Bladers without access to Takara-Tomy Beyblades or for starting Bladers looking to get some worthwhile parts conveniently.
I would further add that BD145 is also good for certain Attack types, and that EWD is used for its awesome spin-stealing abilities.

Do one of these sets not come with wristbands or something ?
Okay, I edited it to add those changes.

Do you mean the glove from the Challenger Grip Set? I don't recall a wristband.
http://www.toywiz.com/beybladechallenger.html
(Sep. 11, 2012  9:22 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I would further add that BD145 is also good for certain Attack types, and that EWD is used for its awesome spin-stealing abilities.

Do one of these sets not come with wristbands or something ?

Ehhhhhh, you'd have to phrase it very carefully to avoid the implication that a big plastic disk is at all useful to attack types. It enhances other attributes, but the most direct link to improving attack is reducing recoil through the added weight.

I'd honestly avoid mentioning attack all together, and focus directly on what it does actually enhance.

If Attack should not be mentioned, at least add Stamina too.
When in Boost mode with Hell right? From what I know it does not enhance pure Stamina types.
It's listed on the competitive combos list for stamina as EDS brings its height up far enough to prevent scraping. Its weight is mainly distributed along the edge of the track, perfect for stamina, and the lower recoil it provides is also useful in maintaining spin. The defense boost it adds is also useful to stamina types in itself, maybe moreso than its stamina properties, depending on the meta and the wheel it's used with.
230 strong in defence? That's not true at all. Its totally a stamina track. Also what does DS being quite functional even mean? It's probably top tier so why don't you just say that. Anything better than it's functional which doesn't mean anything to me.
(Sep. 13, 2012  10:15 PM)Ultra Wrote: Also what does DS being quite functional even mean?

It means it is usable, but not up to top-tier status. That's the general consensus, right?

How's this?

*Evil Befall UW145EWD
*Hades Kerbecs BD145DS
*Flame Byxis 230WD
*Two Ripcord Launchers

Overall: An abundance of useful parts can be obtained through this Set. Although UW145 is not particularly effective, BD145 is the go-to Track for Defense purposes and it works well in conjuction with EDS for Stamina types, while 230 is top-tier in Stamina and strong in Defense as well. Flame and Evil may both be outclassed in all aspects, but the Hades Metal Wheel paired with BD145 makes a decent Stamina type. Kerbecs' heavy weight makes it usable on Defense types. Also, EWD is top-tier for Stamina and is extremely useful in spin-stealing combinations. WD is top-notch for Stamina types as well, and DS is quite functional too.

In conclusion, this Set is a great purchase for Bladers without access to Takara-Tomy Beyblades or for starting Bladers looking to get some worthwhile parts conveniently.
Yes it's not useful but not top tier but saying it is functional is a really weird way to word it. Also 230 is not strong in Defence!
(Sep. 16, 2012  2:55 PM)Ultra Wrote: Yes it's not useful but not top tier but saying it is functional is a really weird way to word it. Also 230 is not strong in Defence!

I think functional sounds fine, if someone else does not like it as well I'll change it.

Ok, strong is probably not the best word, how about usable?
It doesn't sound fine and you're wrong. You should say what type it's use is in too (since it isn't obvious from the way you've written it). Compare these two:

Quote:DS is functional for Stamina types as well.

Quote:DS is useful for stamina types as well.

I wouldn't even say that. I've never considered it a defence track since it doesn't have any way of defending. It's completely outclassed by BD145 and E230. There's no reason to use in for defence and there never has been since BD145 came out. Also considering BD145 is in this set you shouldn't really be saying it can be used for defence.
OK,

*Evil Befall UW145EWD
*Hades Kerbecs BD145DS
*Flame Byxis 230WD
*Two Ripcord Launchers

Overall: An abundance of useful parts can be obtained through this Set. Although UW145 is not particularly effective, BD145 is the go-to Track for Defense purposes and it works well in conjuction with EDS for Stamina types, while 230 is top-tier in Stamina. Flame and Evil may both be outclassed in all aspects, but the Hades Metal Wheel paired with BD145 makes a decent Stamina type. Kerbecs' heavy weight makes it usable on Defense types. Also, EWD is top-tier for Stamina and is extremely useful in spin-stealing combinations. WD is top-notch for Stamina types as well, and DS is usable for Stamina too.

Few more things:

-230 is top tier for balance types.
-EDS doesn't work with BD145 for all defence types though does it? Wasn't it mainly with Scythe?
-Hades (Hell) is an outclassed attack type wheel.
-Hades Kerbecs BD145CS (aggressive CS) was a good balance combo so it probably should be mentioned as well.
(Sep. 18, 2012  10:16 AM)Ultra Wrote: Few more things:

-230 is top tier for balance types.
I'll add that.

(Sep. 18, 2012  10:16 AM)Ultra Wrote: -EDS doesn't work with BD145 for all defence types though does it? Wasn't it mainly with Scythe?
It's a Stamina-Defense hybrid I believe. I think it works fine with any decent Stamina Wheel.

(Sep. 18, 2012  10:16 AM)Ultra Wrote: -Hades (Hell) is an outclassed attack type wheel.
-Hades Kerbecs BD145CS (aggressive CS) was a good balance combo so it probably should be mentioned as well.

I do not think these are needed in this article, as this should just provide a vague overview of whether this is a worthwhile Set. Also, since it will already link to the actual article for Hell Kerbecs.
Okay that's fine. Now you just need Kai-V/Kei to check it.
*Evil Befall UW145EWD
*Hades Kerbecs BD145DS
*Flame Byxis 230WD
*Two Ripcord Launchers

Overall: An abundance of useful parts can be obtained through this Set. Although UW145 is not particularly effective, BD145 is the go-to Track for Defense purposes and it works well in conjuction with EDS for Stamina types, while 230 is top-tier in Stamina and Balance. Flame and Killer may both be outclassed in all aspects, but the Hell Metal Wheel paired with BD145 makes a decent Stamina type. Kerbecs' heavy weight makes it usable on Defense types. Also, EWD is top-tier for Stamina and is extremely useful in Spin-Stealing combinations. WD is top-notch for Stamina types as well, and DS is usable for Stamina too.

I am not certain at all that the list of Beyblades should have the dubbed names ... They will link to the actual Beyblade articles, and it will be written there that Hasbro renamed them to whatever.

Well I guess, although it is a Hasbro only release.
OK, I'll add those changes.
Actually, write the original names, and just put the dubbed names in parentheses on the right, just for these articles.

Otherwise, this is good to be published.
Yes, except that perhaps something should be bolded at the end, like in all Overall sections.

*Flame Byxis 230WD
*Two Ripcord Launchers

This set is made by Takara Tomy too, right? It WAS changed to it being the Takara tomy name so I think you might want to change it to this.
(Sep. 20, 2012  12:35 AM)Eternal-E Wrote: This set is made by Takara Tomy too, right? It WAS changed to it being the Takara tomy name so I think you might want to change it to this.
The Team Starbreaker Set wasn't made by Takara at all. There's even posts that mention it being Hasbro-only...
(Sep. 20, 2012  12:35 AM)Eternal-E Wrote:
*Flame Byxis 230WD
*Two Ripcord Launchers

This set is made by Takara Tomy too, right? It WAS changed to it being the Takara tomy name so I think you might want to change it to this.

I like that you think the people who have contributed to this draft would have overlooked something like that to the point it slipped through the entire approval process and onto the beywiki, and that you of all people would be the first to notice it.

Your "guesses" are not needed here, not even slightly.