Team GT {North Carolina USA}

@TBD sorry I meant to type 4

I think that we should just not do team a tournament in October the format is to new, and it's more of a hassle than its worth, also if we do a regular tournament people get to play more matches and no one sits out.
(Sep. 01, 2014  10:50 PM)LordRager Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2014  3:40 AM)Echizen Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2014  10:17 PM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote: I have the best Limited Format record of anybody on this team, and Thunder Dome is a close second. I honestly think we should both compete.

Well sorry to burst your bubble Ga' but I just don't think that someone saying they had a better Limited tournamemt record than someone else when said person hasn't had many chances to be in a Limited tournament is really fair. And no, I wasn't insulting your team, it's factual evidence.
What is your definition of "exceptional"? It is an opinion and I think you should keep opinions that are insulting to yourself. In my opinion placing is exceptional. Just to say my opinion on this.

Saying the fact that NC has only had 4 Limited tournaments in the 9 months we've had Limited isn't exceptional is defenitely mot considered an insult. By that logic it certainly doesn't make them exceedingly great at anything. Don't be a bandwagoner.

What's your defenition of an insult?
i dont know how im do the team format tournament Pinching_eyes
@Echizen,LordRager and everyone else talking about that subject still take it to PMs. We don't need more pages full of that like Ga said. I hate to mini mod, but I think this is making everyone look very unprofessional.
Guys just carp the hell up and stop trying to get the last word XD Do a round robin at the tournament to see who won't compete. *Drops the mic
*picks up the mic

Just putting in my 2c here. If I was the host, I would like to actually play in the event. I think most competitive players will have this mentality. In addition to that, it is the new format's debut in NC. I can relate to TheBlackDragon's insistence to play. Just trying to keep it fair here, without the "One is better than the other" reasoning. I'm sure you are all great at what you do, and some just had off days more than the others. We all have had those.

That said, it would probably be better and fairer if you 4 show up half an hour early and do a mini RR to get the top 3 to play. Then there'll be no sour feelings there. It's all fair and game. The one who sits out can still support the team throughout the event, via consultations or what not.

#justsayin
(Sep. 02, 2014  11:36 AM)Uwik Wrote: *picks up the mic

Just putting in my 2c here. If I was the host, I would like to actually play in the event. I think most competitive players will have this mentality. In addition to that, it is the new format's debut in NC. I can relate to TheBlackDragon's insistence to play. Just trying to keep it fair here, without the "One is better than the other" reasoning. I'm sure you are all great at what you do, and some just had off days more than the others. We all have had those.

That said, it would probably be better and fairer if you 4 show up half an hour early and do a mini RR to get the top 3 to play. Then there'll be no sour feelings there. It's all fair and game. The one who sits out can still support the team throughout the event, via consultations or what not.

#justsayin

I can send people to the shadow realm to this. Lets do this.
What's with your obsession with sending people to the purple realm, I'm just sayin.
I think what Uwik suggested is currently the best course of action that we as a team could take, but we all have to agree to no hard feelings if we lose.
I'll agree with it. Plus we have a few months to find a better method if we need to. Although it is going to be kinda bad for whoever loses as they may or may not be able to play that day.

Plus we don't even know if team format will be available by then. They said they are testing it at BOD so it may not even be ready, but we'll have to see.
I still think the post I said earlier on this page (witch no one seemed to have read)
Seemed like a good idea. I mean if where trying to get a big turnout it won't help telling people they cant play.
You mean the post about not doing a team format? I could see that being an option, but honestly it is up to TBD as he is hosting. I would prefer that to get more matches (as I've stated multiple times that I feel like Team Format gives you an overall minus in points) so thats just my opinion. Also considering he bought 60$ worth of prizes it would suck if there were only 5 or less teams because at that point I would rather do block rr.
Yah, TBH I've actually wanted to revert the format for several days now, but I figured if I did it it would 1) disappoint the committee (they seemed to like the idea of trying the new format in NC), and 2) I was afraid I'd get blamed for reverting the format just so that I could compete.

I think waiting on team format might be better. If we're trying to get new players, IDK if requiring them to register in teams is going to help.

But I don't want to disappoint anyone who really wants to play Team Format, so I'm not sure if it's a good idea. I also want Kaboom!!! and the other players from VA to come, and I'm not sure if they will if we aren't playing Team Format.

On the bright side, if we don't do Team Format, at this rate we could probably play double elimination.
can i join team gt: please reply
Sorry. I'm sure the parents aren't gonna let me go to Canada this year.
i wish i could go to canada but my parents is not going to let me go :\
you have fun Wink
Nope. Tis a secret to the overlord himself.
(Apr. 28, 2015  1:11 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: ...

Are you gonna tell who it is?

Its Batman, Robin, And the Red Hood.
(May. 04, 2015  4:31 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:

Who is the Red Hood?
(May. 04, 2015  11:03 PM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote:
(May. 04, 2015  4:31 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:

Who is the Red Hood?

The Red Hood is the second Robin who was beat to death with a crow bar by the joker
I think we've justified (at least thanks to this last tournament) that I am still labeled as Competitive over Supporting. I was thinking on asking for that change, but as of last tournament, I wanna keep that.