Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

yeah. 2-D games can still be beautiful

half-assed 3D is sickening
More effort needs to be put into Wii games, it's as simple as that. Especially from third-party developers.
Artie Wrote:yeah. 2-D games can still be beautiful

half-assed 3D is sickening

we need to go back to polished 2D, especially on the handhelds

I'd much rather that then jaggies
nintendo should have spent that 10$ million on good games

not carp wii condoms
Artie Wrote:nintendo should have spent that 10$ million on good games

not carp wii condoms

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

it's posts like this that make me want to turn the rep system on
Artie Wrote:nintendo should have spent that 10$ million on good games

not carp wii condoms

Haha, good point. Those things are so stupid.

Anyways, back on topic, we've established that the graphics aren't amazing, but are any of you interested in the actual game? I'm guessing not. You guys should give ToS on the GCN a try if you haven't, it's really good (as Silver Kane made evident earlier in the thread lol).
I owned ToS on GC years ago and I honestly didn't see what all the fuss was about.

I traded it in like a week after I bought it. lol
Roan Wrote:I owned ToS on GC years ago and I honestly didn't see what all the fuss was about.

I traded it in like a week after I bought it. lol

Really? That's surprising. Oh well, at least you gave it a chance.
Tamer Brad Wrote:I still think the Wii has potential as a concept, but Nintendo and shovelware are wrecking it. Then again, I don't really like the 360 or the PS3 either.

It's not that the graphics aren't as good as the 360's that bothers me, it's that they're clearly half-assed. The game I'm playing right now looks like this:

[Image: cavestory1.gif]

but everything was clearly done with so much effort and polish, it comes out beautiful. It was also an intentional art direction decision.

I can't imagine this game in 3D. It'll be horrible.
Good thing it will never, ever be in 3D.
Artie Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Artie Wrote:aka 90% of wii's library

i am pretty sure everyone gave up trying to defend the wii a while ago

toto and kei didnt get the memo

carp your couch

I'm excited. With efforts like Super Mario Galaxy out in the open already, hopefully we'll see a trend in improving graphics. But if we don't, is it really such a big deal? If people care so much about the graphics improving, I don't see how they can go back and still have fun with older games. I'm still having fun with the Wii too. But could we please not derail the topic any further? This debate has traveled in and out of several different topics, and I would prefer someone open their own page so ones like this don't get trolled. Considering that this isn't done for the other systems, it's kind of annoying to have it brought up everywhere.

The original ToS was pretty awesome, and I hope this one will be even better. The overall quality of the settings and cities seems tons higher in Ratatosk. I don't think I'd ever play this in Japanese, as the voice of the female lead is annoying the heck outta me. The trailer was cool, though.
Tamer Brad Wrote:nice graphics for a ps2 game

oh, wait

This game isn't about the graphics from me

If they made a new Chrono Trigger (guessing you like it alot, just like i like TOS), would'nt you buy it no matter how the graphics were?

Thanks for the trailer Kei
btw why wasn't Kratos in the trailer?

Also, I'm guessing this is continued from the Zelos ending and not the Kratos one, since Zelos is alive, but still, Kratos still lived in the Zelos ending

(spoilers, don't highlight if you are planning on playing the game)
Silver Kane Wrote:

oh, wait

If they made a new Chrono Trigger (guessing you like it alot, just like i like TOS), would'nt you buy it no matter how the graphics were?

guessing square-enix usually doesn't half-carp in the graphics department
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Silver Kane Wrote:

oh, wait

guessing square-enix usually doesn't half-carp in the graphics department

yes. but let's pretend they did, you would still get the game right?
Probably, but I'm not saying you shouldn't get this game, I'm just saying that I don't appreciate the half-assed approach devs are taking towards the Wii.

More interested in improved music than graphics for a CT remake anyway Grin
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - New info from Nintendo Power
(I think the title of this thread should be changed lol)

Tamer Brad Wrote:Probably, but I'm not saying you shouldn't get this game, I'm just saying that I don't appreciate the half-assed approach devs are taking towards the Wii.
"originally planned as a spin-off, but plans changed into full-fledged, direct story sequel"

"Nintendo specifically asked for a game that would cater to the core audience"

Hmm. Well, this has only got me more excited for the game. Smile Also, Silver Kane, there is a little tid bit about Zelos and Kratos in that article.
wow thanks alot for the link Kei
this removed all doubt i had regarding selling my Wii or not
no way i'm gonna sell it now

too bad Kratos isn't in it, but alteast he's the narrator Smile

oh and title changed
Silver Kane Wrote:wow thanks alot for the link Kei
this removed all doubt i had regarding selling my Wii or not
no way i'm gonna sell it now

too bad Kratos isn't in it, but alteast he's the narrator Smile

oh and title changed

No problem. I thought you had sold it already when you got your PS3? Maybe I'm just losing it, just thought you did already lol.

I find it interesting how there will be "more motion controls may be added for NA release". Wonder what the reasoning was behind that.
lol no i didn't sell it then, but i was going to, untill i read this
When I found out about a sequel to this game, I came a little bit.

Roan [and to anyone who played ToS and didn't come to climax], did you play co op? That's where Tales shines, I've played through this game twice with two different four person groups.

Any news about the DS Tales game? I'm praying it has co op.
the wikipedia site now says "PAL: TBA 2008" Smile is that some clue meaning it'll be released in europe?