"Tales Of" Series

Hey, Dude, what's the theme song for Xillia? Does it have an English version somewhere, too?
(Dec. 10, 2011  6:25 PM)Kaji Motomiya Wrote: Hey, Dude, what's the theme song for Xillia? Does it have an English version somewhere, too?

It's called Progress by Ayumi Hamasaki. I don't think there's an english version yet, but White Wishes' english version didn't come until much later, I believe, so no worries Joyful_3
Do you think BoA's english version was for anticipation of the game's international release?
Maybe. Could be that Namco Bandai always wanted to give North America another shot since the lukewarm success/failure of Vesperia, so they might've told the group to make this english version in advance. It seems kinda random for a band to just make an english version of a song made for a video game if there weren't any localization plans for said game. Or maybe they just felt like it, i dunno...

Also, I listened to the english trailer like... seven times, if not more, and while I do feel some Aoto in Bryce's voice (Naturally) he sounds pretty good. And besides, I'm not so picky as to let a single character's voice ruin a game for me, that would just be silly XD
Yuri Lowenthal. That guy is in everything. And there are times when his voice can ruin something. Like the Lunar remake for the PSP I've been waiting for...sad face...

I think 2 voices in the tales series have done their job properly. Troy Baker (Yuri, Vesperia) and the guy who voices Teen Titans' Robin (Lloyd, Symphonia).
I think Yuri Lowenthal is a kind of 'All or Nothing' voice actors, like a few others I can think of. When he's good, he's really spectacular. I very much liked him as Haseo from .hack//G.U, despite how emo he was, but he evolved through the games and eventually became much more interesting. But when he's bad, he's really, really awful. Besides, in terms of 'Being in everything everywhere' Lowenthal doesn't even come close to Wendee Lee.

I wonder who they'll pick to voice Malik (or Manlik, as he was nicknamed) He's a big tough guy that uses a bladed boomerang and was Asbel's mentor during his training to become a knight. It'd have to be someone with a strong and deep voice... I vote for Jamieson Price! x3

Also, I should mention that a lot of the game's footage from the trailer seems to take place in the 'F' part of the story, that is the 25% more story that's only on the PS3 version. Odd choice, but whatever.
(Dec. 11, 2011  7:29 PM)Kaji Motomiya Wrote: I think 2 voices in the tales series have done their job properly. Troy Baker (Yuri, Vesperia) and the guy who voices Teen Titans' Robin (Lloyd, Symphonia).

I've still not played Vesperia but if this guy is really up there with Scott Menville then that's definitely something to look forward to.
Also, whoever played GBA Edward D Morrison did an incredible job of being both majorly dramatic and absolutely awful in a way that worked wonders for the opening.
Just a quick note to say that Tales of Xillia is the eighth best-selling game of 2011, in Japan! Might not be that impressive in retrospect, but, for a Tales game, it is. Naturally, it falls short to other games like Final Fantasy Type-0 or Super Mario 3D Land (Which totally sucks, by the way)

Hopefully, those positive sells will encourage Namco Bandai to bring the game beyond the sea all the way to our American consoles Joyful_3
I think the performance of Graces f, and Abyss will be integral to see if Xillia, and Innocence R make the jump over.
Well, some Namco Bandai representative said that the sales wouldn't affect it and that it would rather be based on fan demand, but I think we all know that the sales will be an integral part of their decision...

Also, seems Tales of Innocence R will have a post-game dungeon called the Traveler's Gate, which I assume will be like the Labyrinth of Memories for Vesperia or Magna Zero for Xillia.

As well as loads of downloadable content that are probably over-priced. Naturally.
So, here's a pretty cool news: In Tales of Heroes: Twin Brave, there'll be a bunch of cameo bosses and one of them includes Duke Pantarei, the main antagonist of Tales of Vesperia!

What's more, if you can satisfy some "conditions" (I'm guessing like the Secret Missions in Vesperia itself) you can actually get those cameo bosses to fight with you. That's right, it means you can get Yuri and Duke fighting together!

Because of this, I might check out Twin Brave, when I get my Vita (Which should be around April (Birthday time!)) It's still region-free, right?
Hey guys! Great news!

If you pre-order Tales of Graces F at GameStop or EB Games, you'll get some pre-order bonus! That is a few cool costumes for Asbel, Sophie and Richard and a background theme for your PS3! Pre-Order now!

Boy, am I glad to have made my pre-order... two years ago... if not more...
Yeah, I was aware of that, but I NEED MONEY FIRST. I only got $40 to my name...it sucks...
(Feb. 11, 2012  1:38 PM)Dude Wrote: Hey guys! Great news!

If you pre-order Tales of Graces F at GameStop or EB Games, you'll get some pre-order bonus! That is a few cool costumes for Asbel, Sophie and Richard and a background theme for your PS3! Pre-Order now!

Boy, am I glad to have made my pre-order... two years ago... if not more...

Yes! Just pre ordered it. Going to Gamestop tomorrow to pick up my PS3 and I'll be ready for it.
I feel like I am just pre-ordering it for the background theme. The costumes dont really interest me.
So, just got my copy of Tales of the Abyss 3DS Joyful_3

I don't plan on playing much of it because I'm currently playing Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth on the DS and hate to switch games between playthroughs, but I watched the opening and the first few minutes of game and I'm surprised. I expected something awfully choppy, but it's pretty fluid and pretty.

It'll make a good game to distract me during my trip to Ontario this summer.
So I have to get the game to secure my spot with it, even though I don't have a PS3. Dude, since you got the reserve, I'd like to know, does the code that comes in the receipt of the preorder have an expiration date?
If you pre-order from Gamestop, I think you have ten days to go pick up your game. After that... well, I'm guessing they just don't hold it for you anymore XD

Just buy it when it comes out and enjoy looking at the box until you get a PS3 XD
GameStop locations are obligated to hold to a reservation for up to fourteen days. If, after those fourteen days, you have not claimed your copy, they will sell it. However, if you paid full price(or more than the five dollar minimum), you can get a copy, still.

At least, that was company policy as of my employment there six years ago.
No, I meant the code that contains the preorder bonuses. I called them earlier this morning, and they said that the bonus code is on the receipt.
Oh. If there is not an "offer valid until x" thing, there is basically zero chance it would expire - these codes are stored in a database on their computer system, and should not be invalidated until the actual registry for that code is claimed.

You should've asked them these questions yourself, though... my information is based on how things were half a decade ago.
I did, but the person said, "Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't." I asked for something specific, and this lady gave me a very general answer, which didn't help at all. I needed to talk to someone with experience, not someone who doesn't know what they are talking about and just assuming (which is why I kinda hate Best Buy...I did call Gamestop, btw).

My reason for asking is because I have (had, I spent a little last night for...adult reasons) enough to buy a PS3, but not enough to reserve Tales of Graces f. So I want to preorder the game for both the code and to secure my place before I get a PS3, and then make the PS3 a priority. But I don't know when I'll get that PS3, so I'm saving up for as long as I can until I rack up enough money (or until my CD Account matures...) to buy it. In the meantime, I want to secure my spot and hold on to that preorder code, so long as it doesn't expire and I don't waste it.

...That makes sense, right?
In any event wherein customer service does not provide you the answer you need, request to speak to a Manager. In both Best Buy AND Game Stop, Managers are floating around the store constantly, and unlike the General Assistants and so forth, they actually do tend to know how things work.
Hey, I have an important question. I'm getting this game on reserve, but I still don't have aPS3. So I'm borrowing my cousin's. can I save the game on a memory stick, and how big should the memory stick be if I can?
Can't help you there, I'm afraid... I've never even heard of this 'Memory Stick' thing you're talking about...

But my guess would be for you to use the biggest you can get. This is an RPG, those are pretty long.
G-God... I just had a heart attack of awesome O___O

Okay, so... It seems like a group on Facebook successfully found out what voice actor voices what character based on the very few english game footage we actually have... AND IT'S CARPING AWESOME!!!!!!

Okay, so, first of, we've got Cheria, one of Asbel's childhood friend. She's voiced by Laura Bailey. Who's Laura Bailey? The chick that voiced Rise from Persona 4, Catherine from Catherine and many more. She sounds really good in this role, mainly because this woman has incredible range. An excellent pick, there.

Next, there's Hubert Oswell, Asbel's brother-in-law (I believe?) he's voiced by Steve Staley when he's old. Steve Staley is the guy voicing Captain Hitsugaya in Bleach and Senri Shiki in Vampire Nights. He's kind of a one-note voice actor and, unlike Laura Bailey, doesn't have a lot of range, if at all. It's okay, though, because Hubert himself is kind of one-note too.

Then, there's Pascal, the mage-girl of the group. She's voiced by Kate Higgins. I already explained that she's a good voice actress through her roles as Sakura from Naruto and C.C from Code Geass, so no need to dwell on anything here, she'll do just fine.

Richard will be voiced by David Vincent. Who's David Vincent, you ask again? He voiced Grimmjow Jaggerjack from Bleach or 'Assassin' in Fate/Stay Night. An unexpected choice for Richard, but Vincent does a rather good job in essentially everything he's in, so I'm not worried.

And finally, there's Malik Caesar... I'd like you all to recall this statement from me
Dude Wrote:I wonder who they'll pick to voice Malik [...] I vote for Jamieson Price! x3
And that's EXACTLY who they chose!! Jamieson carpin' Price voices Malik!!!!! He will totally be in my party at ALL times!!!

This is an excellent cast and will surely make for an awesome gaming experience.

Here are a few videos to confirm it all. No idea how this guy got an english copy of the game, though... probably a bootleg, or something. The quality sucks, but the voices are what's important.

In which we hear both Cheria and Malik.

AWESOME!!!!