"Tales Of" Series

I won't either. That was just so stupid...

But I'm hopeful for this one. Only a day and a few hours left before they tell us what this is.
Why, what game are you guys talking about? It's not .hack//LINK, right?
Uhh, no. We're talking about that mysterious "New Tales of" Namco Bandai is announcing...

.hack//LINK will probably never get localized Uncertain
I know that, but reading your past posts, you guys are talking about...not forgiving Namco Bandai about something. Is that still related to the new Tales game?
My feelings towards Scamco transcends the time of countdown clocks.
My bitterness is about another countdown of theirs, which was for...I don't have many friends portable... *Spits on the ground*

Well, this one is obviously Tales related, so it can't be THAT bad.

So... Uhh... In the end, it's partly Tales of Innocence on Vita: http://toi-r.namco-ch.net/ But it'll apparently be called Tales of Innocence R...

Well, the Vita was already in my list, so okay, I might check it out...

But there's also another announcement, which will take place in two days. Could it be that ominous Tales of Heroes?
Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave Action announced for PSP. It's a Dynasty Warriors title. Given what it is, and where it is, don't expect any sort of localization. It'll be somewhere with Tales of Vs., Nariki Dungeon, and the other Radiant Mythology games.
(Sep. 15, 2011  12:02 AM)To Wrote: It'll be somewhere with Tales of Vs., Nariki Dungeon, and the other Radiant Mythology games.

Which all suck, so it's no big loss.

Well, that was a pointless countdown...

Oh well, might check out Innocence R, if it localized.
I liked the first Radiant Mythology (I never got to play the others since lol Scamco USA) Unhappy
How was Radiant Mythology? Do they treat it like a regular Tails game? How was the voice acting? Were the Symphonia characters switched off with the DotNW voice actors? D<
I've played like 2 hours of DotNW, so I'm not an expert to ask on voice acting. Everyone in the first Tales of the World were doing pretty well, though one or two of the voices were a bit off. As for the placement of the games, they're spinoffs, they don't take place in the regular Tales series.

Anyways, Tales of Innocence R Trailer:

Seems like this is a complete remake, and that Namco Bandai's actually developing it internally (the DS game was originally made by Alfa System).
Ha! Now that actually looks like something worth a buy! Man, those Vita graphics are really surprising me Uncertain

If it gets localized, I'll buy it. If it doesn't...probably not XD (Then again, I was saying the same thing for Tales of Xillia and bought it anyway...)
Tales of Heroes PV

TOTALLY importing this game just for the sake of my beloved Mamoru Miyano! <3 (aka Flynn Scifio)
I'm afraid I don't share your excitment over this one Uncertain

I mean sure, the graphics look cool and it is nice to see some of my favourite characters in another game (Although why is Lloyd teaming up with Zelos? Wouldn't it be cooler if he was with Kratos?) but the game looks crazy repetitive (Bunch of skeletons show up, use crazy artes, win) and I highly question the continuity of this kind of crossover story (If story there is)

It's not on my import list. If it gets a localization (Which it won't) then maybe, but otherwise, nope.

Still haven't recieved Tales of Xillia, by the way.
Yeah, I'm not fond of Zelos over Kratos (though I am a Zelos fanboy), I mainly want to import the game because of two things.

A: PSPs are region free.
B: Region free means import games. Import means Japanese Tales of game with Japanese Yuri Lowell and Flynn Scifio. Japanese Flynn Scifio means MY BELOVED MAMORU MIYANO. <3

But tbh, I'm not a fan of huge Dynasty/Samurai Warriors-esque games.
The PS3 is also region free, so just buy the Tales of Vesperia PS3 game XD It actually has Flynn as a fully customizable character, unlike the 360 version (And it far surpasses the 360 versions in pretty much every aspect.The only problem being that...y'know, it's in Japanese XD)

It seems interesting what is the storyline?
Uhh... Which one? Tales of Vesperia? Tales of Xillia? Tales of Heroes? Uncertain
Just received Tales of Xillia in the mail. Excitement Level: 123 655 %

It also came with a little paper for a PSN Code, which, according to Kai-V's mild knowledge of Japanese, has something to do with the 15th Tales of Anniversary. We'll see later.

I think I'll play as Jude. He looks like a pretty cool guy :p
I think it's a voucher for an XMB theme.
Cute.

Oh well, at least it's free Uncertain
Wait, the main characters shift? I thought you're Jude right off the bat.
Nope, you're either Jude or Milla. You actually get a cute little choice screen at the beginning of the game. Kinda neat. I chose Jude, because I really like his design and just for the sheer balls he has: The dude fights with his damn fists! Yeah, he has some metal gloves or knuckles or whatever, but damn! Milla fights with a sword, some mercenary named Alvin we meet later on fights with both a gun and a sword, but Jude beats the living carp out of ennemies with his hands! That's just awesome.

Speaking of which, I'm around 3 hours into the game and I am blown away. True, Japanese dialogue can make cutscenes a bit boring, but, other than that, it's incredibly awesome. Cutscenes can be skipped, anyway. The graphics are gorgeous and you can actually move the camera around to look at them, which is, I believe, a first, in the Tales series. The combat is fast-paced and very enjoyable, though a bit repetitive and easy (Though I am playing on the easy difficulty, so that might change) but still very fun. The music is fantastic, but this is a Tales game, so I shouldn't really be surprised. No idea about the plot, though, but, from the little I understand, it looks pretty cool too. Jude, Milla and Alvin, the only main characters I've encountered so far, are very likeable, especially Jude, whose a really nice guy and has an adorably innocent voice.

I really hope this gets an American release, because it's a great game (So far)
Now you're getting me excited. That means the game has a high replay value because of two dual story modes!
I'm not really sure how the story differs, if you choose Milla, since, as Jude, you pretty much meet her like 10 minutes in the game. Maybe it tells how she ends up in the city that Jude lived in (She then proceeds to blow up a wall, toss Jude around a bit, almost drown him, then help you discover a giant canon that takes away all of her abilities to kick butts) and she's been sticking around since then.

I went up to the normal difficulty, because I was just blasting everything that came my way. It's a little more complicated, now, but I think I earn Grade, on this difficulty Uncertain