Taking care of your equipment

Poll: Do you take care of your beyblade equipment?

Yes.
57.14%
Kinda.
36.61%
NOPE.
6.25%
Total: 100% 112 vote(s)
I usually take a wet rag/cloth and just scrub away, i even sometimes take a new tooth brush, add soap and water to it, and then clean my parts. I also have an important question. Do you guys think it would be okay to use like disinfecting spray on your fusion wheels? I thought about it earlier but didnt exactly try it?:\
I'm not completely sure, but I think it might just be plain safer to use disinfecting soap and scrub away.

Edit: My stadium keeps on getting dirty every ten minutes from battling. Gets pretty annoying after a while Bull_Frustrated
Lol, better scrub your stadium harder, thanksWink
I use alcohol(70% and 50%) to clean my Stadia, followed by a quick wipe down with wet paper towels and then buffing it dry with another paper towel.
Just to clarify my "No" answer in the poll, the only things I do clean are my stadiums - also with rubbing alcohol on a rag. I don't consider scraping shmutz off the bottom of the rubber tips to be cleaning per se - it's just something you have to do to make the part work correctly.
[quote='kbuno50' pid='907932' dateline='1330233112']
I'm not completely sure, but I think it might just be plain safer to use disinfecting soap and scrub away.

Edit: My stadium keeps on getting dirty every ten minutes from battling. Gets pretty annoying after a while Bull_Frustrated
Me too! Our family has 2 cats and 1 dog and every 5 minutes I have to clean it because it gets covered in cat and dog hair.

I clean my stadiums and rubber bottoms for the most part, but I will occasionally blow out dust from my launchers and do tune-ups and repairs on them to keep the launchers in top working order.

I take better care of my Beylaunchers than I do my Beys.
I do in the sense that I am careful with them. I don't clean them or anything. I only use them in stadiums, am careful with how I tighten the bolts (ruined only 1 of them) and I pack them up neatly in a tackle box when moving them.
(Feb. 26, 2012  4:04 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: I clean my stadiums and rubber bottoms for the most part, but I will occasionally blow out dust from my launchers and do tune-ups and repairs on them to keep the launchers in top working order.

Tune ups? How?

I clean only my beys and the stadium once a month.
(Feb. 27, 2012  5:54 AM)bladermax Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2012  4:04 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: I clean my stadiums and rubber bottoms for the most part, but I will occasionally blow out dust from my launchers and do tune-ups and repairs on them to keep the launchers in top working order.

Tune ups? How?

I.E. your Beylauncher starts to skip, so you open it up and tighten its spring.
Yeee, of course i take care of my beyblades.
I keep them in Tackle Boxes so they don't get crushed. And, i like to polish my Beyblades if the MW gets too dark from your hands or whatever.
I replace my LR string launcher's string when it gets flayed, and i wash out all my stadiums daily.
Once, i used my L-Drago Gaurdian T125 CS against a wing pegasus, and wing pagasus sent it flying across the room, and the cs coating split, and the sharp tip snapped. XD
what kind of thread is this ? lmao.
the only thing i do is place my stadium upside down when I don't use it so dust doesn't get it.
otherwise I just replace what's broken; only thing I've replaced so far is a broken beylauncher ..
(Mar. 04, 2012  6:37 AM)blah Wrote: what kind of thread is this ? lmao.
the only thing i do is place my stadium upside down when I don't use it so dust doesn't get it.
otherwise I just replace what's broken; only thing I've replaced so far is a broken beylauncher ..

Hah, i think i should do the upside down thing trick. lool, But i have 3 Different Stadiums .. -__-

And, i have taken such good care of my Scythe Kronos and it's PC Frame snapped.. Derp. But, things break, just get over it and get a new one. ^__^ (though i think this part belongs in the 'Whine about your breaks' thread, or something.
I clean my stadiums with Lysol spray and it cleans it well and I wipe the stadium with a wet paper towel. I clean rubber tips with a wet paper towel after every battle. Once every other week I add lubrication to the gears of my Light Launcher LR and it gives me powerful results consistantly
i let my friend take care of my beys if need washing
PS. I want to shine my metal wheels to make them look nice.
But I can't be bothered to go out and buy the necessary tools. D:
(Mar. 04, 2012  10:54 AM)blah Wrote: PS. I want to shine my metal wheels to make them look nice.
But I can't be bothered to go out and buy the necessary tools. D:

I use JIF Cream to polish my metal wheels. Fast and Easy. All you need is like a cloth or something as well.. ^__^
Woolworths, Coles and those branded places usually sell those. Also, you need to wash it after. Here's what it looks like:
Hey, does anyone else try washing their whole bey? Sometimes, my beys start needing to be washed, but I rarely wash them.
My beys are really well taken cared off and they are all in good condition, especially the ones from the first releases (from HWS and first season of MFB)

1. I now keep them in a bigger tackle box so that they are not cramped.
2. I occasionally shine the metal wheels with metal polish (especially when I do videos for youtube)
3. I check the parts for potential stress marks and take extra caution when using.
4. I coat stickers with nail polish to protect them from wear.
5. I play on the bed or on carpeted areas to prevent bottoms from excessive warping/distortion
6. For P Orion's BGrin, I do weekly maintenance by adding lubricant to clean the ball bearing inside.
7. I wash the stadium with soap and water and added a small amount of oil to polish it. (Too much oil will affect the rubber bottom's performance)

I also keep extra parts in a ziplock bag so that I won't loose them. same goes for the stickers and their manuals.

[Image: 42104010.jpg]
These are my 4D bey collection and they are still in good condition both in aesthetics and performance.
Illegal Modifications Wrote:• The addition, application, insertion, etc. of any foreign substance that affects the
performance of a Beyblade in any way is illegal unless otherwise stated.

Lubricating your BGrin is illegal.
i take really good care of my beyblades and extra parts.
(Mar. 05, 2012  3:57 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote:
Illegal Modifications Wrote:• The addition, application, insertion, etc. of any foreign substance that affects the
performance of a Beyblade in any way is illegal unless otherwise stated.

Lubricating your BGrin is illegal.

My BGrin is already good out of the box but I had to clean it somehow because I don't want it to get rusted and that will really reduce the performance of BGrin but anyways, thanks for the reminder.