Takara Tomy needs to find it's bearings: a Beyblade metagame timeline.

CS is not a rubber sharp tip, for one.
when i asked on the ask thread about tips it was under the R cateagory. unless i am mistaken. what is CS made of then?
(Oct. 14, 2010  4:25 PM)Leonwind Wrote: when i asked on the ask thread about tips it was under the R cateagory. unless i am mistaken. what is CS made of then?

Are you incapable of doing any research on your own?

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BB-71-Ra...rno-D125CS

Stop derailing this thread.
actualy icant. using my school internet and they block everything. every 5 mins this site gets blocked, and then unblocked

screw you iprism nobody appreciates you!
But if you can post on this site, surely you can find information on this site.
like k said, when i use my school internet it is wierd. i can only post when iprism decides not to block it. it is sad really

back on task, Mcfrown, what do you think we should do, as a fanbase, to rebalance the mfb metagame? what do you think TT/Hasbro should do? (remember thier metagames are slightly different)
(Oct. 14, 2010  11:55 PM)Leonwind Wrote: what do you think TT/Hasbro should do?

It is explained in the OP.
Um, we cannot really do anything at the moment, except wait for a decent bearing track and some sort of RD bottom.
(Oct. 14, 2010  2:59 AM)Mc Frown Wrote:
(Oct. 13, 2010  1:49 AM)Bluezee Wrote: Not exactly. This combo was the plastic zombie I introduced and it's practically the best and most consistent zombie in the game and it had no bearings:

AR: War Lion
SR: War Lion
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo- Left SG
BB: Spiral Change Base

Ahem, I severely doubt that drastically changed the metagame, and in fact, Spiral Change Base (or rather it's SG) DOES indeed have a bearing.
Also, you don't use a Neo-Left with SG Free Shaft Ver., you use standard Left SG shells.

And RS is bad.
Grip Sharp Core was bad
Seaborg 1's BB was bad
why would RS be good?

Wrong again my friend. It in fact DID change it seeing as how it consistenly tied or beat all of the top tier zombies. It's LAD is unrivaled in the plastic metagame let alone the game itself. It does not need a Bearing since you use the combo in attack mode rather than endurance so you can get the full LAD effect. You also can use Neo-Left . The ridges of the bearing shaft fit into them perfectly. You can even just put a magnet core in the Neos and use it. Why wouldn't I know how my own combo works? I seriously doubt you have tried this at all otherwise you wouldn't say anything you just said.
(Oct. 14, 2010  2:22 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: RS is carp.
MF-H Libra GB145RS got outspun by MF Vulcan Horuseus 85R2F in Fyuuor's video.
Pretty awful man.

Stamina/Balance = vomit worthy.

I've seen you reiterate this sentiment in a few places now and I want to ask you, what are you talking about? Do these tests mean nothing?

Yes RS has horrible balance and stamina, but it had enough of it in all of my tests against RF/R2F based opponents.

Also, perhaps Libra has worse Stamina than Earth?
(Oct. 15, 2010  2:06 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2010  2:22 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: RS is carp.
MF-H Libra GB145RS got outspun by MF Vulcan Horuseus 85R2F in Fyuuor's video.
Pretty awful man.

Stamina/Balance = vomit worthy.

I've seen you reiterate this sentiment in a few places now and I want to ask you, what are you talking about? Do these tests mean nothing?

Yes RS has horrible balance and stamina, but it had enough of it in all of my tests against RF/R2F based opponents.

Also, perhaps Libra has worse Stamina than Earth?

To be even more fair, Defense combos don't have the best stamina to begin with. Sure WB may have more stamina but if I were a defensive player, I would sacrifice that stamina any day for the effectiveness RS provides over WB.
(Oct. 15, 2010  2:11 AM)Bluezee Wrote: To be even more fair, Defense combos don't have the best stamina to begin with. Sure WB may have more stamina but if I were a defensive player, I would sacrifice that stamina any day for the effectiveness RS provides over WB.

Yeah, exactly. RS has enough Stamina to outspin RF/R2F based Attack customs, so that is enough to make me choose it over WB which is inferior from a defensive standpoint. However, we're going to have a problem when Metal Flat comes out, hahaha.
(Oct. 15, 2010  2:14 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2010  2:11 AM)Bluezee Wrote: To be even more fair, Defense combos don't have the best stamina to begin with. Sure WB may have more stamina but if I were a defensive player, I would sacrifice that stamina any day for the effectiveness RS provides over WB.

Yeah, exactly. RS has enough Stamina to outspin RF/R2F based Attack customs, so that is enough to make me choose it over WB which is inferior from a defensive standpoint. However, we're going to have a problem when Metal Flat comes out, hahaha.

When the comes out, defense will probably be rarely used. If it is however used, I can see more people leaning towards MB if they have it despite its ease to be destabilized so quickly.
But there are so many ways for RS to be defeated by attack types.
(Oct. 15, 2010  2:22 AM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2010  2:14 AM)Kei Wrote:

When the comes out, defense will probably be rarely used. If it is however used, I can see more people leaning towards MB if they have it despite its ease to be destabilized so quickly.

I beg to differ. I feel that more people will lean towards the recently tested CS and possibly SF. I actually like FS for defense though because if you FS is in good condition, the Sharp tip it has provides stability and if it happens to get hit hard enough and not knocked out, it can circle the stadium which in turn helps the defender since most people use sliding shoot with RF so by the time it catches it if it ever does, the attacker will be nearly finished, leaving the defender with enough spin left for the win. I need to do formal testing with this but from what I have done, it seems to work well.
(Oct. 15, 2010  2:26 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: But there are so many ways for RS to be defeated by attack types.

You may say that but as we have seen in many videos and test results, it is safe to say that so far with the exception of MF Lightning 100RF and Vulcan based attackers, attackers fail against RS.
HF, F, WF, XF, CS, the soon to be released RSF, the expected MF...
(Oct. 15, 2010  2:32 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: HF, F, WF, XF, CS, the soon to be released RSF, the expected MF...

Here is where you may have messed up. First off, the only notable ones that may be of any use would be WF, CS, and maybe HF. The others have not been released, some claim are too hard to control, and you are speculating that RSF will be good. For all we know, it can have bad stamina just like RS. It is rubber, not metal or plastic. Also, people will not want to sacrifice a win by using one of these alternatives and either randomly falling out of the stadium or being knocked back by recoil and not being able to survive because there is no friction to hold them back from this like RF, R2F, and CS can. Adding a metal face does not mean it won't happen, it will just be less likely. As far as CS, sure that may work but RF and R2F do the job better in attacking. The idea that you have just lists bottoms with more stamina than the defender. If you are going to rely on stamina, use a stamina type. The idea of attackers is to attack and end the battle as soon as possible to ensure a win before it stop spinning, not outspinning the opponent unless it is stealing spin.
(Oct. 15, 2010  2:43 AM)Ozzy Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2010  2:32 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: HF, F, WF, XF, CS, the soon to be released RSF, the expected MF...

Here is where you may have messed up. First off, the only notable ones that may be of any use would be WF, CS, and maybe HF. The others have not been released, some claim are too hard to control, and you are speculating that RSF will be good. For all we know, it can have bad stamina just like RS. It is rubber, not metal or plastic. Also, people will not want to sacrifice a win by using one of these alternatives and either randomly falling out of the stadium or being knocked back by recoil and not being able to survive because there is no friction to hold them back from this like RF, R2F, and CS can. Adding a metal face does not mean it won't happen, it will just be less likely. As far as CS, sure that may work but RF and R2F do the job better in attacking. The idea that you have just lists bottoms with more stamina than the defender. If you are going to rely on stamina, use a stamina type. The idea of attackers is to attack and end the battle as soon as possible to ensure a win before it stops spinning, not outspinning the opponent unless it is stealing spin, destabilizing, or relying on the stamina of the bottom.

I added and fixed a few things in your post. For the most part, I agree with all of this. I feel that CS is a risky part. I have no issues with it because my sliding shoot and banking is great. Unfortunately though, some may not be and may mess up and cause CS to miss its opportunity to attack or it may circle the stadium similar to what FS does. Also, if its worn, its performance changes to a point where you have to try even harder to have the rubber make contact with the stadium rather than the sharp tip to make it attack. I would rather avoid all that and go with my R2F even if it does have less stamina.
RSF, take a bit off of the attack of RF (still enouch to knock out stamina beys), and add enough endurance to consistently beat RS. Oh yeah, and I call BS on your comment about RSF not having enough grip to prevent self-KO's : \
Either way, CS still annihilates RS.

And Bluezee, your post wasn't much of a contribution.
(Oct. 15, 2010  2:50 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: RSF, take a bit off of the attack of RF (still enouch to knock out stamina beys), and add enough endurance to consistently beat RS. Oh yeah, and I call BS on your comment about RSF not having enough grip to prevent self-KO's : \

I just finished posting it. I wasn't finished with it when I sent it in so...?
(Oct. 15, 2010  2:50 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: RSF, take a bit off of the attack of RF (still enouch to knock out stamina beys), and add enough endurance to consistently beat RS. Oh yeah, and I call BS on your comment about RSF not having enough grip to prevent self-KO's : \

First off, you call BS on something that you don't have, haven't seen used in any shape or form, and hasn't even been released? What sense does that make? You don't know what type of stamina RSF will have. Going upon the assumption that it will based on SF's performance or even the shape of RSF doesn't make sense and is ridiculous. Also, I never once said that RSF will not have enough grip. I was referring to HF, WF, etc. Why would I say that when I don't even have the part? I don't make baseless speculations on things I don't have. CS may beat it but it doesn't deny the fact that you are relying on the STAMINA of an ATTACKER rather than its initial purpose: ATTACK. If you want to rely on stamina, as I said before, use a stamina type.
Mc Frown posted at: Today 02:50 AM

Bluezee posted at: Today 02:45 AM (This post was last modified: Today 02:52 AM by Bluezee.)

I don't think it was the servers fault there.

EDIT: Anyways, no more slandering, I will refute your points and that is all, make all the personal attacks you want bros.

(Oct. 15, 2010  3:00 AM)Ozzy Wrote: First off, you call BS on something that you don't have, haven't seen used in any shape or form, and hasn't even been released? What sense does that make? You don't know what type of stamina RSF will have. Going upon the assumption that it will based on SF's performance or even the shape of RSF doesn't make sense and is ridiculous. Also, I never once said that RSF will not have enough grip.
You said it bro:
Quote:being knocked back by recoil and not being able to survive because there is no friction to hold them back from this like RF, R2F, and CS can.
Quote:CS may beat it but it doesn't deny the fact that you are relying on the STAMINA of an ATTACKER rather than its initial purpose: ATTACK. If you want to rely on stamina, as I said before, use a stamina type.
CS has plenty attack, it has a SURPLUS.
Enough to knock out Stamina combos/WB defense combos, enough stamina to outspin RS.
Hey guys?

Chill out.

EDIT: I'm fine with Attack dominating the metagame anyways. At least it'll make matches interesting to watch.
(Oct. 15, 2010  3:00 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Mc Frown posted at: Today 02:50 AM

Bluezee posted at: Today 02:45 AM (This post was last modified: Today 02:52 AM by Bluezee.)

EDIT: Anyways, no more slandering, I will refute your points and that is all, make all the personal attacks you want bros.

Yea guys listen to frown Donalds here he knows what's right, here. (no offence or pun intended dude) <off topic
(Oct. 15, 2010  3:03 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Hey guys?

Chill out.

EDIT: I'm fine with Attack dominating the metagame anyways. At least it'll make matches interesting to watch.

and also this dude. <off topic
(Oct. 15, 2010  3:00 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Mc Frown posted at: Today 02:50 AM

What sense did it make to quote the server when I never said anything about the server messing up? I made that mistake myself. Do you like attention or something? No one is slandering you and it is okay to refute points but put facts that make sense behind them and not speculations. No one is making any personal attacks so stop crying about nothing. Fact of the matter is, RS is extremely useful. It does not suck in any way, shape, or form. It does what it is intended to do and does it very well, not what others want it to do or try to make it do. Defensive parts are not meant to have good stamina. In every series of beyblade, parts that were mainly used for defense did not have great stamina. For the most part, the better the defense, the less stamina it had. If you want stamina, use a stamina type. If you want attack, use attackers. If you want defense, use defenders. Unless you are making some sort of balance type, don't look for other attributes to be included in a combo that specializes in one field.