Takara Tomy needs to find it's bearings: a Beyblade metagame timeline.

(Oct. 12, 2010  12:51 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: since currently attack is so dominant.
On paper yes, in tournaments however no
Next tourn. I'm going in with pure attack type only. Wish me luck hah.
DO IT.

And if Attack types are not dominating tournaments that's due to the players, they should really be winning everything.
Try not to break your winning streak Momiji.XD
(Oct. 12, 2010  1:24 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: And if Attack types are not dominating tournaments that's due to the players, they should really be winning everything.

This
i think i said it on that last page that a possible reason that attack types arent dominating tournaments is because players arent willing to put in the effort to practice using them or take the risk. Which was alot of reason for WBO rule changes to encourage the use of attack types since they were so under used
Well I try to think of it this way. We get a good defensive bottom (RS), a good offensive metal wheel and clear wheel (Meteo L Drago) and there are more potential stamina parts available (AD145). I think takara is doing their part to balance out the metagame and lets face it: beyblade is a to meant for kids who take it to school and battle on random surfaces, the majority of them at least. Compared to the number of actual competitive players like us, there are a lot more kids who battle on grass/water/pavement/(insert surface here).
(Oct. 12, 2010  5:11 AM)Nojo294 Wrote: Well I try to think of it this way. We get a good defensive bottom (RS), a good offensive metal wheel and clear wheel (Meteo L Drago) and there are more potential stamina parts available (AD145). I think takara is doing their part to balance out the metagame and lets face it: beyblade is a to meant for kids who take it to school and battle on random surfaces, the majority of them at least. Compared to the number of actual competitive players like us, there are a lot more kids who battle on grass/water/pavement/(insert surface here).

I don't agree with this at all. Even though the key demographic of the toyline is children, it does not mean that Takara Tomy does not respect the complexities of the metagame. The Metal Face + Libra ban at their tournaments shows that, along with their consideration of unorthodox customisations such as Meteo LDrago 100WD.
I think you are confusing the WBO and TT's WBBA. TT never banned Libra, we did remember? (big mistake)
(Oct. 12, 2010  1:04 PM)Leonwind Wrote: I think you are confusing the WBO and TT's WBBA. TT never banned Libra, we did remember? (big mistake)
Hm, yes, they banned the combination of Libra and the Metal Face at some big competitions, and I think they must have banned the Libra Wheel altogether at some events too.
(Oct. 12, 2010  11:01 AM)♥ Wrote: I don't agree with this at all. Even though the key demographic of the toyline is children, it does not mean that Takara Tomy does not respect the complexities of the metagame. The Metal Face + Libra ban at their tournaments shows that, along with their consideration of unorthodox customisations such as Meteo LDrago 100WD.

We have to think though, that for Takara, the whole point of holding tourneys is so they can get more kids to buy more toys, earning them more money. If they actually did care about competition, they would have accurate star ratings for each part. Obviously, they do not have this and the stars are merely designed to bring them more money... (Ex. Dark wolf being completely balanced...)
(Oct. 12, 2010  11:17 PM)Nojo294 Wrote: We have to think though, that for Takara, the whole point of holding tourneys is so they can get more kids to buy more toys, earning them more money. If they actually did care about competition, they would have accurate star ratings for each part. Obviously, they do not have this and the stars are merely designed to bring them more money... (Ex. Dark wolf being completely balanced...)

The stars are basicly to make everything look good if they were accurate and had stars low rateing people will think it is bad and would not buy that product which would be a bad idea for busniess. But imo TT does seem to care about the meta game and fix problems that stand out within the meta game, the libra thing is a clear example of this. But they probley dont care about it as much as we do on here.

Also imo the point of TT holding/running tournaments isnt to push products but to give back to the fans who buy the products by giving them something to strid for and to compete in. If it was all about money to TT why would they bother with the point/reward thing?or having exculsive prizes for winning tournaments?

Also in regards to the OP something i thought about, plastics was mostly dominated by zombies from what ive heard, HMS was again mostly zombies and attacks. Early MFB was Stamina and Defence for quite a long period of time. The point im trying to make is that MFB has had shifts within the dominate type unlike plastics and HMS from what ive heard about the competive scene for them.
(Oct. 12, 2010  1:04 PM)Leonwind Wrote: I think you are confusing the WBO and TT's WBBA. TT never banned Libra, we did remember? (big mistake)

I really doubt a Moderator and a Committee Member would mix up the WBo and the WBBA.

And Plastic Zombies are only really dominant with tuned bearings, a process which is now illegal.
(Oct. 12, 2010  11:57 PM)Mc Frown Wrote:

I really doubt a Moderator and a Committee Member would mix up the WBo and the WBBA.

And Plastic Zombies are only really dominant with tuned bearings, a process which is now illegal.

Not exactly. This combo was the plastic zombie I introduced and it's practically the best and most consistent zombie in the game and it had no bearings:

AR: War Lion
SR: War Lion
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo- Left SG
BB: Spiral Change Base
so wait, i am confused. TT banned Libra in thier tortaments and so did the WBO (us)? i thought it was just us.
thing is with plastics: there are more combos possible than with any other spinning top system ever made. there are soo many variables involved in the game that even the best zombie bey might not win agianst another bey. in MFB, its either you have the strongest beys, or you do not. with plastic, a combo was based on your style of blading. in mfb, its what performs the best and those that dont are instantly thrown under the bus. that is what is wrong with MFB. not as balanced. not a as flexible. not as customizable

plus it really doesnt help when more than half of all MFB beys include a variant of storm or rock...
(Oct. 13, 2010  2:59 AM)Leonwind Wrote: so wait, i am confused. TT banned Libra in thier tortaments and so did the WBO (us)? i thought it was just us.
Yes. Libra is not banned in all of TAKARA-TOMY's tournaments, but a few of the important ones, yes. Usually, as was mentioned, it is only the combination of Libra and a Metal Face.
would unbanning Libra here help? It could possibly shift the matagame again, back towards Defense, now that we've got RS. I think RS kinda put the final bullet in Libra's head.
Remember, RS has still has balance issues and low stamina. So it can easily be defeated by higher stamina attack bottoms like WF, and probably the upcoming MF.
Which is why I said "could". I know that.
RS is carp.
MF-H Libra GB145RS got outspun by MF Vulcan Horuseus 85R2F in Fyuuor's video.
Pretty awful man.

Stamina/Balance = vomit worthy.
It resists being KO'ed pretty well. I haven't seen one get KO'ed to the point of it leaving the ground as some beys have with WB. I know that it isn't the best peice in battles lasting any more than 1 minute, but I've seen RF-Based L-Dragos, and S. Peggys getting Self-KO'ed because RS only gave up 1-2 inches of ground.
(Oct. 13, 2010  1:49 AM)Bluezee Wrote: Not exactly. This combo was the plastic zombie I introduced and it's practically the best and most consistent zombie in the game and it had no bearings:

AR: War Lion
SR: War Lion
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo- Left SG
BB: Spiral Change Base

Ahem, I severely doubt that drastically changed the metagame, and in fact, Spiral Change Base (or rather it's SG) DOES indeed have a bearing.
Also, you don't use a Neo-Left with SG Free Shaft Ver., you use standard Left SG shells.

And RS is bad.
Grip Sharp Core was bad
Seaborg 1's BB was bad
why would RS be good?
actualy, the reasoning of making RS as a product still aludes me to this day. why have a rubber sharp tip anyway? it would eventualy wear down worse than RF and R is gneraly ment for aggresive movement (attack) so have a rubber sharp ispointless. and as Mcfrown stated eairlier, tests have shown that it isnt a very good tip
Because rubber is meant to make more friction, not give attack patterns. Flat tips make attack patterns. The tests show that is is a very good tip, but has bad balance.
better or worse balance than S?
also, wanst there another rubber sharp tip? CS (coated sharp) right? what is the difference? i heard CS is really good