Takara Tomy needs to find it's bearings: a Beyblade metagame timeline.

agian, in full agreement. literaly every blade has Storm, Rock, Dark, or Flame. so boring
(Oct. 11, 2010  2:00 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: I'd add Libra, but I don't feel that it was SO dominant, more like people heard it was fantastic, got scared, and pussyfooted around the problem. MF Pegasis 145RF was a makeable combo towards the begining of the metagame, as was the later introduced MF LL Drago CH120/90RF.

I read an old thread about Libra, and someone was talking about how they wouldn't use an attack bottom more intense than SF. People thought RF was bad (because they were bad) and they couldn't launch it/always self-KO'd. So it's not Libra's dominance really. it was player weakness (from what I can see).

From personal experiance when i had libra i sorta disagree since im pretty decent with RF, but half the time RF still didnt have enough power behind it to the move the sher weight of MF Libra C145WB consistantly also i think when things like storm 100RF and such were tested agaisnt libra they probley didnt count those battles in the results where RF didnt have enough power behind it or something. Also with storm 100RF i rarely got kos with it agaisnt MF libra C145WB which is guess shows storms weakness more maybe.

Also i find it funny how the game has shifted hugely this time last year it was all defence and stamina and now this year aparently attack is dominating.

Out of curiousty how many WBO tournements this year have been won by members using RF R2F combos through out the whole tournement?
um lets see...ALOT
and MFB has never been about defense of staminasay. it only seems that waybecause it isgetti g worse as time progresses. perfect example. evrybody things Mobile stadium sucks cause attack types dont do well in it, and yet not a single soul has done decent testing for Defense or Stamina in that stadium. agian, a very sad thing
(Oct. 11, 2010  3:23 AM)Leonwind Wrote: um lets see...ALOT
and MFB has never been about defense of staminasay. it only seems that waybecause it isgetti g worse as time progresses. perfect example. evrybody things Mobile stadium sucks cause attack types dont do well in it, and yet not a single soul has done decent testing for Defense or Stamina in that stadium. agian, a very sad thing

i was looking for a more presific number lol i havent read around tournement theards in while so things might have changed i know in italy almost every tournement has been won with RF combos but havent heard much of that happening within north america or the UK.

They test stadiums with attack types because defence and stamina stay in one place so the slop and what not doesnt matter much for them at all, they test with attack to see if all types will be useable within the stadium thus seeing if the stadium is balanced
(Oct. 11, 2010  3:19 AM)Dirge Wrote: Out of curiousty how many WBO tournements this year have been won by members using RF R2F combos through out the whole tournement?

Through out? In the 2 Canadian ones I have been to and the one I know a lot about (I was so shocked with the winner I looked all of it up no offense Marco). None. I repeat that. None.

Beyblade Revival Cup: Minion with her Virgo SD combo (I don't know the track)
Bey Fray: Marco again was using a Virgo through most of it won his last match with a Burn Bull__SD variant.
Beys of Glory: I believe it was Kei against Koolkid using his L Drago 100WF (I'm not sure of the track, but it is definitely Wide Flat

Though at Beys of Glory I did see some spectacular wins with people using RF particularly Koolkid against Marco using his MF Pegasis 145RF variant (I won't spoil the track) But I reffed the match and it was against a defence bey which Marco had used previous and won with.

Side note other than Minion no one has gone through a tournament I've been to using just one combo.

I don't know that we need a bearing core given the power we can get a launch at but I do think we are in sore need of some SD/D/WD Rubber tip something like what Bearing Core 2 was like to make a good case for defence/stamina and RS is good, but it's a special kind of good. It's the same as Advance Guardian from HMS it does one really good defending job and that's it. You put it against some hybrid of attack and stamina and it is going to lose. (This is speculation based on what I have seen and heard of RS doing and my own experience with Guardian)
Libra seems to be the only way to counter attack types, but it was a given that attack types would dominate. Pegasis and S.Peg are easily the most sought after beys in MFB right now, especially for those who can't get any TT beys to use. Plus, that was to be expected because of Ginga. TT did this to themselves. If they don't turn around, everything will revolve around attack types (especially with MF coming) and Beyblade will be gone again by 2013
(Oct. 11, 2010  5:34 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: Libra seems to be the only way to counter attack types, but it was a given that attack types would dominate. Pegasis and S.Peg are easily the most sought after beys in MFB right now, especially for those who can't get any TT beys to use. Plus, that was to be expected because of Ginga. TT did this to themselves. If they don't turn around, everything will revolve around attack types (especially with MF coming) and Beyblade will be gone again by 2013

What?
It's not that severe anyways, it's just a bit lame.
I meant in a worst case scenario, sorry. But, MFB is in kind of a downward spiral for anything but attack, and eventually interest will decline. And I meant Pegasis as a pre-HWS choice, when it was still useful as an attack wheel.
(Oct. 11, 2010  5:46 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: I meant in a worst case scenario, sorry. But, MFB is in kind of a downward spiral for anything but attack, and eventually interest will decline. And I meant Pegasis as a pre-HWS choice, when it was still useful as an attack wheel.

MFB might be headed that way but don't forget the BMF stadiums are horrible for attack completely changing the play over here. Not to mention if parts similar Rubber Sharp keep coming out defense will start to get its game back. (By similar parts I mean rubber ball, wide rubber ball, etc.)
Sadly, nobody knows this if they aren't an experienced blader. everyone I know thinks that PTW is the greatest stadium for attack types out ever. (simply 'cause it's named after Pegasis). Hah, Rubber Ball would be epic, but would have NO stamina, and would pose no challenge to MF. Though a Metal Ball tip would help stamina a lot. (You listening Takara Tomy? I'm talkin' to you!)

Edit: By pose no challenge, I mean it would be outspun, unless you run a recoil defense combo. (and Rock finds it's defensive value) Imagine, if both bey's flew in 2 ways, like normally with Rock, how good would it be if that recoil was taken away somewhat? K.O's by a defense type. Consistently too!
You're joking right?
There is a MB.
The main point of this thread is that TT needs bearings.
Yeah it was about how stadiums effect play and what new parts might do to change things in the metagame.
Admittedly slightlighy off topic towards the end there.
(Oh and I think he meant rubber ball with metal tip? Like the bottom part that gets most contact is metal for stamina and when hit the rubber comes in contact for defense kind of thing. And if so cool idea xD.)
Stigma got what I meant, but out of curiosity, what bey has MB? sorry for being kind of a noob...

Edit: nevermind, i found it...
(Oct. 11, 2010  3:19 AM)Dirge Wrote: Out of curiousty how many WBO tournements this year have been won by members using RF R2F combos through out the whole tournement?

None in either North America nor in the UK; I think this is testament to the fact that there is a difference between theoretical success and tournament situations.

However, as someone else mentioned earlier, RF has a lot of success in Italy.
(Oct. 11, 2010  11:16 AM)♥ Wrote: None in either North America nor in the UK; I think this is testament to the fact that there is a difference between theoretical success and tournament situations.

However, as someone else mentioned earlier, RF has a lot of success in Italy.

Thats what confusses me with the whole attack types are dominating the meta game when no ones won tournaments with RF combos in north america or the UK, if every tournement was being won by RF and attack combos then it would make alot of sense.

I do understand that theoreticaly attack is dominating esspically with all the good attack parts we've seen realsed this year and attack combos being made, but it hasnt realy transfered over into tournaments with ofcourse italy being the exception. It could also show the lazyness with players not wanting to put the time in to practice and get using attack types down could be a reason why attacks havent been dominating the north america and UK tournament scene, not trying to have a dig or anything just trying to work out a possible reason as to 'why'

hah yeah i mentioned the italy thing in my post after the one you quoted Wink
I don't think there has been any in Australia either, definitely not Sydney.

To be honest I've only used my RF a few times in a competitive situation when I was practically ensured my place in the next rounds.

The only exception to which was a "title match", but again it was irrelevant to the WBO approved tournament, so.

I still see the tournament scene as very stamina/defence based. =/ I'm torn between the dominating strength of attack types, and the over populace of stamina and defence in actual tournament scenes.
(Oct. 11, 2010  11:34 AM)momiji manju Wrote: I don't think there has been any in Australia either, definitely not Sydney.

To be honest I've only used my RF a few times in a competitive situation when I was practically ensured my place in the next rounds.

The only exception to which was a "title match", but again it was irrelevant to the WBO approved tournament, so.

I still see the tournament scene as very stamina/defence based. =/ I'm torn between the dominating strength of attack types, and the over populace of stamina and defence in actual tournament scenes.

Yeah i think either you or raykon told me something like this on msn how you guys something use WB as an attack bottom because its safer then using RF in tournaments.

Also i dont think anything needs to be done within the WBO to balance things out, since using attacks is more encouraged then it was this time last year and more visable, the tournament scene for most countrys hasnt became over run with attack combos and is still mostly defence/stamina based. However i do agree TT needs to realse some good new defence parts but imo the metagame is pretty balanced as it is due to the fact that the tournament scene for most countrys is not an attack fest
I think it was Raykon who told you this hah. He has a knack for being able to sliding shoot with a WB/WD.
Well you both forgot an important thing in WBO tournaments you are allowed to use any stadium for this series. So it would be a given using PTW and stadiums other than the Attack Stadium would get different results in tournaments than with tests all done in the Attack Stadium.
(Oct. 11, 2010  5:25 PM)Stigma Wrote: Well you both forgot an important thing in WBO tournaments you are allowed to use any stadium for this series. So it would be a given using PTW and stadiums other than the Attack Stadium would get different results in tournaments than with tests all done in the Attack Stadium.
In our tournaments you can currently only use the Attack Type, Balance Type and Super Attack Type Beystadiums, but I believe most use the Attack Type anyway.
But in the rule book it says "Currently, all BeyStadiums released as part of this series are legal for Standard Format play."

Not trying to question you or anything now I just want to know lol.
By the way super attack stadium is horrible and ,in my opinion,gives only randoom results
Attack stadium is a lot better
(Oct. 11, 2010  5:34 PM)Stigma Wrote: But in the rule book it says "Currently, all BeyStadiums released as part of this series are legal for Standard Format play."

Not trying to question you or anything now I just want to know lol.
That is just a small line that needs to be fixed. If you look at the Stadium Matrix, it is clear which Beystadiums are allowed.
Oh, okay. Sorry about that and thank you for clearing it up for me.
Something about RF: It does not deserve a ban, no type needs a nerf.
Also, if players are too timid to use it in a competitive situation, that is their loss, especially since currently attack is so dominant.