Takara Tomy needs to find it's bearings: a Beyblade metagame timeline.

(Oct. 11, 2010  2:00 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Unbanning Libra almost seems a given, it won't really boost the Defense metagame at all, and it is Stamina trash.

And banning RF is a brainless idea, as R2F and CS still exist, MF is soon to be released, and handicapping the dominant type (if banning RF would) would just make the game boring. I'd rather have a dominant type than a battle of mediocrity.
Defense and Stamina need a boost, Attack doesn't need a nerf.

I'd add Libra, but I don't feel that it was SO dominant, more like people heard it was fantastic, got scared, and pussyfooted around the problem. MF Pegasis 145RF was a makeable combo towards the begining of the metagame, as was the later introduced MF LL Drago CH120/90RF.

I read an old thread about Libra, and someone was talking about how they wouldn't use an attack bottom more intense than SF. People thought RF was bad (because they were bad) and they couldn't launch it/always self-KO'd. So it's not Libra's dominance really. it was player weakness (from what I can see).

I agree with this. Most people do not practice their shooting. That said, I disagree with something in the op. It said something about most people in the HMS era using attack types. In the HMS era most people relied on survival types with bearing core because no one practiced their sliding shoot enough to use GFC in the huge Tornado Balance stadium. Even with practice it was still a little bit difficult. Takara's answer to this was TBTS.

Now, a little while ago some users were saying that the reason people don't use RF is because the tornado ridge in the new stadiums doesn't work too well. I got to play with one at MorningMess's tournament and I understood what they meant. Towards the end though I broke out several GFC based HMS combos. The tornado ridge seemed to work with them just fine. I didn't get to really test anything out because I left soon after, but I thought this was interesting.

While I would like to see bearings in the MFB metagame, I don't think it would necessarily balance the game. Right now, I think the game is unbalanced because defense types are lacking. Has anyone tested the metal ball bottom? I don't have it. I think low track stamina types are holding down the fort for the stamina department for now. I would like to see a metal sharp bottom though. (I'm not sure if one is already out)
Metal Sharp has been released in Burn Phoenix 135MS, in case you weren't aware. I've heard from a number of people that Metal Ball (MB) can get knocked off balance easily, and since it's made of Metal, there is very little friction, and it wouldn't be too good for Defense.
Yo were you actually involved in the metagame when plastics were the de facto standards? It was 95% zombies and some brave souls (e.g. me and a handful of others) used aggressive attack types based on Trygle generally. But if you wanted a good chance at winning you used a zombie. HMS had a pretty stale meta for sure but it wasn't so bad. MFB definitely has a more diverse meta. You're thinking backwards.

Also AFAIK TT never completely banned the Libra Wheel but I've been out of the loop for a while. I was the one who spearheaded banning Libra. From the sounds of it, however, it's time the ban was lifted.
Well, I think the main issue as stated in the title by Frownie is MFB's lack of a bearing Track/Bottom that would allow the assembly of a Zombie.

Anyway, I'd like to add that with the upcoming release of EWD, we may see some potential Zombie-based Beys.
The biggest problem that EWD will probably have is a lack of defense, and a lack of an adequate Left Spin wheel (left spin Earth is what they need. . . :V ).

brad: But there was Spiral Change Base for as long as Zombies existed, and the lack of players utilising attack types is not the games fault. And yeah, TT never banned Libra (just the weight limit thing).
(Dec. 07, 2010  3:31 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: and the lack of players utilising attack types is not the games fault.

It kinda is, they just weren't reliable enough.
What happened to it being the tornado ridge's fault?
A while back I made a post in the thread about preferred blader style about attack types. In that thread I was told that the reason that attack types are rarely used in the new metagame is because the Tornado Ridge in the attack stadium didn't work effectively enough. I've seen this idea repeated a couple of times since then.
(Dec. 08, 2010  6:38 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: A while back I made a post in the thread about preferred blader style about attack types. In that thread I was told that the reason that attack types are rarely used in the new metagame is because the Tornado Ridge in the attack stadium didn't work effectively enough. I've seen this idea repeated a couple of times since then.

Italian bladers excluded...Tongue_out_wink
(Dec. 08, 2010  2:12 PM)DrigerGT Wrote: Italian bladers excluded...Tongue_out_wink

Actually I've been meaning to ask you about that GT. Just wondering do you know the conditions of how worn the RF's that are used by the winners of the Italian Competitions generally are? Were they severely worn or only lightly worn? As well with defence combos in Italian Competitions are there a large portion of the competitors using RS or RSF combos or are they still using WB?
I haven't used the stadium enough to have an opinion about the tornado ridge. My first thought on why attack types weren't being used was that players weren't practicing enough.
That's probably the deciding factor, but there has to be something else at play as to why Italy is the only Western country which has attack types prominatly feature as the winning combo at a tournament. Perhaps they launch attack types slightly differantly and not at 100%? It could be that the majority of competitors in the US, Canada, UK and Australia are below a certain age with the younger competitors feeling uncomfortable using attack types? Another possibility is that in Italy there are a few older entrants competing against younger competitors so the wins against the younger entrants are alot easier and become misleading. Or it could be that we're just not giving Italian members enough credit as they really are extremely skilled at using attack types.
The launches I have seen Italians do are impeccable : a very aggressive flower pattern.

Of those who actually chose to display their age or birthdate, they are mostly young adults.