[Takara Tomy]  Zone Testing and Discussion

This is a thread for testing the performance of the Zone Driver from King Helios. I have done a bit of informal testing, which has shown that this is more of a niche part or sleeper pick due to its average Stamina and LAD paired up with the occasional rushing around the Stadium to lose Stamina. I think this Driver might only be useful as a Stationary Attack Driver, but I'm going to test several types of combos formally when I have the chance. I will be taking requests and can put them in video form if you want, but also feel free to post your thoughts and test results below.
Can you test this combo. Wizard Fafnir.Rt.Zone. I'd like to see if Zone is really what Rise should have been.
(Apr. 06, 2020  4:15 PM)Xtend+ Wrote: Can you test this combo. Wizard Fafnir.Rt.Zone. I'd like to see if Zone is really what Rise should have been.

What do you want me to test it against and what weight should I give it?
(Apr. 06, 2020  4:40 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Apr. 06, 2020  4:15 PM)Xtend+ Wrote: Can you test this combo. Wizard Fafnir.Rt.Zone. I'd like to see if Zone is really what Rise should have been.

What do you want me to test it against and what weight should I give it?

You can choose.

But if you don't want to Goku
Wizard Fafnir Ratchet Zone 幻 (Gen Weight, 2 star Ratchet Disk) vs Lord Spriggan 0 Wall Rise (Right Spin, 4 star 0 Disk, Burst Resistors worn out) both medium launched
Wizard Fafnir 0 Wall Zone 幻 (Gen Weight, 3 star 0 Disk) vs Lord Spriggan 0 Wall Rise (Right Spin, 3 star 0 Disk, Burst Resistors worn out) both medium launched
Xtend+ requested this test. I did two of them so there was more of a mirror match in the second one. I don't have Goku, so I just gave Fafnir the Gen Weight so that combo wouldn't Burst. Surprisingly, even though Lord Spriggan won all of the battles thanks to Rise, Wizard Fafnir was almost always losing by one or two rotations. I can tell that Ratchet and Wall aren't the most optimal Disks for Zone because it didn't fall onto them as smoothly as Rise or Bearing would, but maybe we're on the right track. I'm also going to compile a bunch of Same Spin and Opposite Spin mirror match tests so that it's easier to get an idea of how Zone performs in general. If anyone knows of a Disk or Frame that might be optimal for Zone, let me know.
Could someone make a video of Cho-z Achilles Sting Zone? I want to see how Zone performs as a balance type driver.
(Apr. 06, 2020  5:24 PM)GeneriCringe Wrote: Could someone make a video of Cho-z Achilles Sting Zone? I want to see how Zone performs as a balance type driver.

I would, but I have the layer, disc, but my order hasn't arrived yet with the 3 new beys and 3 SPARK launchersUnhappy so I don't have Zone
(Apr. 06, 2020  5:24 PM)GeneriCringe Wrote: Could someone make a video of Cho-z Achilles Sting Zone? I want to see how Zone performs as a balance type driver.

I could do that match, but what do you want it to be put up against? Also, do you want to see it flat launched or tilt launched?
Maybe expand could work for Zone. Maybe Master Spriggan 00Expand Zone against Lord Fafnir 0Wall Rise?
Master Spriggan 00 Expand Zone (Right Spin, 4 star 00 Disk) vs Lord Fafnir 0 Wall Rise (4 star 0 Disk) both medium launched
Master Spriggan 00 Expand Zone (Left Spin, 4 star 00 Disk) vs Lord Dragon 0 Wall Rise (Dragon 1 Chip, 4 star 0 Disk) both medium launched
This is the test requested by BuilderROB. I took the liberty to essentially switch the rotations by swapping Fafnir out for Dragon in order to see if the results were the same in the opposite directions. Alas, they were, but I think Master's lowered center of gravity helped make the matches a bit closer during the second test.
(Apr. 06, 2020  5:32 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:

I could do that match, but what do you want it to be put up against? Also, do you want to see it flat launched or tilt launched?

First, just launch it flat launched once and then tilt launched once, then put it up against LS Vn Br(Left)
(Apr. 06, 2020  10:02 PM)GeneriCringe Wrote:
(Apr. 06, 2020  5:32 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I could do that match, but what do you want it to be put up against? Also, do you want to see it flat launched or tilt launched?

First, just launch it flat launched once and then tilt launched once, then put it up against LS Vn Br(Left)

Okay, I'll be able to do that later tonight.

GeneriCringe here's the video you requested. I did one strong flat launch, one strong tilt-launch, one very strong flat launch (to show it circle around the stadium), and a few test rounds against Left Spin LS.Vn.Br.
(Apr. 10, 2020  8:22 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:

GeneriCringe here's the video you requested. I did one strong flat launch, one strong tilt-launch, one very strong flat launch (to show it circle around the stadium), and a few test rounds against Left Spin LS.Vn.Br.

Thank you. I will watch the video in a few hours.
Why don't you try Master Diabolos II 00E Zone vs Lord Spriggan 00C At? If you do do this test, make sure you try it in opposite spin and in same spin.
(Apr. 11, 2020  1:22 AM)YishYash Wrote: Why don't you try Master Diabolos II 00E Zone vs Lord Spriggan 00C At? If you do do this test, make sure you try it in opposite spin and in same spin.

When you say opposite spin, which layer should be in which direction? I think it does matter, so probably important to specify.
(Apr. 11, 2020  4:57 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2020  1:22 AM)YishYash Wrote: Why don't you try Master Diabolos II 00E Zone vs Lord Spriggan 00C At? If you do do this test, make sure you try it in opposite spin and in same spin.

When you say opposite spin, which layer should be in which direction? I think it does matter, so probably important to specify.

I can just do all 4 ways even though same-spin shouldn't be too surprising.
I kinda want to see Zone's viability as a Classic Stationary attacker.

So if anyone is able to test it, I feel something like Valkyrie/Driger S.H.Zn should be good.
Opponents should be stuff like D.S.T', N.D.Om/Y, G2.G.Kp', and X.K.[Any rubber flat dash driver] as examples.
Master Diabolos II 00 Expand Zone vs Lord Spriggan 00 Cross Atomic
MDb Left vs LS Right:
MDb Right vs LS Left
Both Right Spin, LS always launched first:
Both Left, LS always launched first:
Test battle requested by YishYash. It seems that MDb.00E.Zn works best in Left Spin because cone-shaped Drivers get knocked off balance by ball-shaped Drivers like Atomic. There were a ton of ties in the Opposite-Spin matches, especially in the first set. I also want to note that a lot of the KOs were due to Zone spiraling out of control with a "Counter Break" while Atomic was Tornado Stalling.
(Apr. 13, 2020  12:07 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Master Diabolos II 00 Expand Zone vs Lord Spriggan 00 Cross Atomic
MDb Left vs LS Right:
MDb Right vs LS Left
Test battle requested by YishYash. It seems that MDb.00E.Zn works best in Left Spin because cone-shaped Drivers get knocked off balance by ball-shaped Drivers like Atomic. There were a ton of ties in the Opposite-Spin matches, especially in the first set. I also want to note that a lot of the KOs were due to Zone spiraling out of control with a "Counter Break" while Atomic was Tornado Stalling.

If Zone is tying with Atomic in opposite spin it doesn't sound very promising... Guess this isn't a better version of Rise.
(Apr. 13, 2020  12:07 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Master Diabolos II 00 Expand Zone vs Lord Spriggan 00 Cross Atomic
MDb Left vs LS Right:
MDb Right vs LS Left

Interesting. It seems like Zone isnt going to be all that groundbreaking in same spin spin as I hoped for it to be.
(Apr. 13, 2020  2:40 AM)YishYash Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2020  12:07 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: test results

Interesting. It seems like Zone isnt going to be all that groundbreaking in same spin spin as I hoped for it to be.

Like I said, all cone-shaped Drivers are at a disadvantage against ball-shaped Drivers, so even Xtend+ and Bearing lose against Atomic. I was surprised by a few victories in Same-Spin matches, so at least it seems to be decent.
Getting knocked off balance is the absolute worst for Zone, since the way the free spin part works combined with the sharp tip makes it continually grind on the free spin part rather than stabilizing itself.