[Takara Tomy]  Venom Testing and Discussion

I figure we should take a look at Venom+Gen as well

Venom Diabolos.Outer.Revolve Gen
Vs.
Alter Chronos.Outer.Revolve 

BB-88 launched simultaneously.  Launchers were alternated.

Alter Chronos OS win rate 100% (10 rounds total)

Video of several rounds (I stopped recording as the results were pretty one sided so not all ten rounds are there). 

aC got as far as 2 clicks a few times.  Of course with Gen the GT layer can be made much heavier without much burst risk. 

VDb.Ω.R Gen vs aC.Ω.R

https://youtu.be/IleeklCZ9ws
Try Venom Diabolos 2 00 proof atomic gen against Geist Fafnir 0 cross power
Venom kind of seemed like a more aggressive Ace to me, so my first thought was to try it out on Ds in kind of an Imperial style Anti-Attack setup. I don't own Ds', but with Gen bursting was not an issue.

Venom Dragon 00Expand Destroy GEN vs. Deep Chaos Ωuter Eternal
VD.00E.Ds: 10 wins (2 KO, 8 Burst)
dC.Ω.Et: 10 wins (all OS)
VD.00E.Ds win rate: 50%

I chalked this one up to my inexperience with Ds, mainly. Because dC is kinda built like Yegdrion I tried using it on Eternal and sliding shooting it to try and do that world turtle thing with its shape, but even then, if I got the angle right for Ds, I was able to usually burst it in a few hits. Someone who uses Ds more than I do could probably get a better win rate out of this combo.

Venom Dragon 00Expand Destroy GEN vs Drain Fafnir 0Lift Ωcta
VD.00E.Ds: 1 win (KO)
dF.0L.Ω: 9 wins (all OS)
2 ties redone
VD.00E.Ds win rate: 10%

If Venom didn't get an early game KO, it had basically no chance of winning. dF never lost more than 1 tooth even after several harder hits failed to KO it. Again, someone better with Ds would probably have more success here.

Venom Dragon 00Expand Destroy GEN vs Nightmare Longinus Glaive Jolt'
VD.00E.Ds: 11 wins (8 OS, 2 KO, 1 Burst)
nL.G.Jl': 9 wins (all KO)
VD.00E.Ds win rate: 55%

Venom Dragon 00Expand Destroy GEN vs Twin Nemesis 5Dagger Hunter'
VD.00E.Ds: 8 wins (7 OS, 1 KO)
tN.5D.Hn': 12 wins (7 OS, 5 KO)
VD.00E.Ds win rate: 40%

Venom takes more recoil than Ace does, so I might have to see how it is on a more aggressive setup like Qc' or Hn' as a more traditional Anti-Attacker, cause it kinda did poorly against tN and nL here. Venom's Stamina in same spin seems to be so bad that tN can easily outspin it on a rubber driver, most of Venom's outspins were from when I launched it second (I actually had to alternate launches here because tN was OSing by a large margin when launched second). The KO defense on Destroy is also not great, but weak launching can help with this in opposite spin.
Wow, really no one has posted on this since me, but since it's been over 48 hours and I have something interesting to post, I'm gonna do it anyways.

I did some more testing today on Venom, specifically as an attack/possible Anti-Attack type. I was going to test it as a defense type too but I ran out of time and really doubt it'll be better than the combo I found and got sidetracked by.

Venom Ashura 00Cross Quick' GEN vs. Deep Chaos Ωuter Eternal
VA.00C.Qc': 14 wins (1 OS, 4 KO, 9 Burst)
dC.Ω.Et: 6 wins (all OS)
VA.00C.Qc' win rate: 70%

For this, I sliding shot and weak launched the dC, the one OS came from when I launched it a little too weak. Again, this might just come down to my personal experience using a rubber attack tip over something like Ds'.

Venom Ashura 00Cross Quick' GEN vs Drain Fafnir 0Lift Ωcta
VA.00C.Qc': 4 wins (2 OS, 2 KO)
dF.0L.Ω: 16 wins (all OS)
VA.00C.Qc' win rate: 20%

It did get the occasional critical hit, but for the most part, Fafnir just stonewalled it. The 2 OSes came from when I launched dF a little too weak as well.

Venom Ashura 00Cross Quick' GEN vs Twin Nemesis 5Dagger Hunter'
VA.00C.Qc': 13 wins (7 OS, 5 KO, 1 Burst)
tN.5D.Hn': 7 wins (5 OS, 2 KO)
1 tie (Double OS) redone
VA.00C.Qc' win rate: 65%

Quick' allowed it to hold its ground at lot better against tN. Compared to my previous test however, I launched tN first every time, and it was still able to win by OS on several occasions. When it came down to who generally got the outspin, it seemed that Venom took more rotational recoil from contact with tN (which translated into lost spin rather than bursting because of GEN and Qc') but less directional recoil, meaning that generally it would win when it landed a big hit and knocked tN into the wall while not traveling as far backwards itself. This could also just be the nature of Hn' vs. Qc' though. Cross also helped Xtend its stamina a bit longer to OS tN in a few occasions.

Then I tested it against same spin defense (Not Ace since only have 1 GEN).

Venom Ashura 00Cross Quick' GEN vs. MGC Alter Chronos 00 Keep'
VA.00C.Qc': 7 wins (4 OS, 3 KO)
aC.00.Kp': 13 wins (all OS)
4 ties (Double OS) redone
VA.00C.Qc' win rate: 35%

Alter Chronos was doing its defense job well enough, I thought, but it got outspun a fair amount and it tied 4 times. I wanted something that had more stamina and at least the same defense, but without Z3, Tidepod, H4, or Shadow Amaterios I didn't really have anything I could try, except for mG.

Venom Ashura 00C Quic' GEN vs. Maximum Garuda 00 Keep'*
VA.00C.Qc': 4 wins (1 OS, 2 KO, 1 Burst)
mG.00.Kp': 16 wins (all OS)
VA.00C.Qc' win rate: 20%

Despite its light weight, mG makes an annoyingly good defense type because of how thin and wide it is. It was difficult for Venom to land a clean hit on it due to the slope of the stadium causing it to hit mG at an awkward angle where it would just redirect downwards as opposed to laterally or around the mG axis. Additionally, because of the tightness of the Dash Driver spring and the rubber from Kp', it was also difficult to burst or KO when it did land a solid hit.

I was so impressed by mG Kp' that I did a few informal rounds against a few other top tier attackers (tN.5D.Hn' and MGC sX.0C.Om, I ran out of time to try nL and lS combos) and it defeated them pretty handily as well - tN got 2 convincing looking KOs out of maybe 8 rounds and sX got 1 burst out of maybe 5. I then tried it against bL.00C.Ds (is that around the same level as Gn? Maybe it was a little too high) and it lost 0-3. So it seems like a really powerful pick against attack, but depending how much mG can overcompensate for Kp' having bad LAD it could just have no use against opposite spin.

Anyways Venom kind of seems like it could be an ok Anti-Attacker at this point? Passable performance vs Defense and Stamina compared to other attackers and relatively good Attack vs Attack matchup, mostly because it doesn't burst. I wonder how it stacks up to Burger King in that aspect. I could see them having like a Minoboros/Q2 relationship.

*I only used 00 here since that was the setup I was using for aC, and is generally the best Kp' setup in Limited. Not sure if mG's width changes this.

EDIT: also did one more test against Z Achilles because I keep forgetting that's legal in this format.

Venom Ashura 00Cross Quick' GEN vs Z Achilles 00Meteor Xtreme'
VA.00C.Qc': 16 wins (8 OS 3 KO 5 Burst)
zA.00M.X': 4 wins (2 OS 2 KO)
2 ties redone
VA.00C.Qc' win rate: 80%

I know some people really like zA and think of it as almost the gold standard for attackers in this format, but for me it is just garbage... it has bad balance, bad stamina, bursts easily, and is ineffective at attack. Since I got mine around the beginning of Cho-Z when they were first being released, it's one of those early first-production run molds of the Layer that doesn't fit with Level Chips, so that isn't even an option for me unfortunately.
I didn't know this thread exist but I'm glad you posted, I found it thanks to that

I'm using Venom Diabolos Around Xtreme', for the most part it doesn't burst much (I need better attackers though) and was able to deliver some good blows to right spin in general, the problem I have is that you need to burst or Ko in those blows, so for me is as you said an Anti Attacker more than anything, and I think rubber drivers are best for Venom, so it can deliver heavier blows. I didn't test many disks because is a fun combo more than a competitive one
(Sep. 05, 2020  5:33 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: I didn't know this thread exist but I'm glad you posted, I found it thanks to that

I'm using Venom Diabolos Around Xtreme', for the most part it doesn't burst much (I need better attackers though) and was able to deliver some good blows to right spin in general, the problem I have is that you need to burst or Ko in those blows, so for me is as you said an Anti Attacker more than anything, and I think rubber drivers are best for Venom, so it can deliver heavier blows. I didn't test many disks because is a fun combo more than a competitive one

All GT disks are banned in limited, so even if your combo is alright, we can't use it in this format.
(Sep. 05, 2020  5:41 PM)Logic123ABC Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2020  5:33 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: I didn't know this thread exist but I'm glad you posted, I found it thanks to that

All GT disks are banned in limited, so even if your combo is alright, we can't use it in this format.

I assumed it could be a possibility, but because this thread is to test out parts I thought it would be worst to put my impressions without stating what I use this layer with, explaining what I felt of the synergy of "Venom+Xtreme'" more than anything else. I also think in this format I would prefer to use 00Bump for competitive use since I only use Around for aesthetics purposes
(Sep. 05, 2020  6:24 AM)Wombat Wrote: I was so impressed by mG Kp' that I did a few informal rounds against a few other top tier attackers (tN.5D.Hn' and MGC sX.0C.Om, I ran out of time to try nL and lS combos)

How would tN.5D.Hn' be a top tier attacker? Wouldn't you want a better disc like 00 or 0?
(Sep. 06, 2020  3:00 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2020  6:24 AM)Wombat Wrote: I was so impressed by mG Kp' that I did a few informal rounds against a few other top tier attackers (tN.5D.Hn' and MGC sX.0C.Om, I ran out of time to try nL and lS combos)

How would tN.5D.Hn' be a top tier attacker? Wouldn't you want a better disc like 00 or 0?

I answered this on Discord but I figured it would also be best to repeat it here: My Twin Nemesis (it's first release, from the RLC) has below-average burst resistance for sure, to that point that even with a tight God Chip I wasn't really able to use it on normal Drivers without it self-bursting against anything besides opponents with next to no Attack like mG and gK. I use 5 with it to increase the burst resistance and because it lines up really well with tN. The Dash Driver also helps with this though, and I guess 8' could have worked for this too, but I'm accustomed to using 5 with it. I guess it's also useful to use the exact same combo for testing against both the Hunter' combo and the Destroy' combo to see how they compare. If you notice, I also used the same dF and dC combos in my previous tests.

Also, as a bit of an aside but my Gen is starting to look a little chewed up so I'm not going to be doing any more testing with it.
I used Venom Outer Eternal for a short while and I feel it's better than Ace, but definitely outclassed by Union.
Try Venom Dragon Convert Xceed' (No Xceed chip)
(May. 27, 2021  3:37 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: Try Venom Dragon Convert Xceed' (No Xceed chip)

Convert is banned I think
I'd use 10R Z'. for Venom and works better for a mixed attacker
(Jun. 02, 2021  12:51 AM)Mexicantwix Wrote: I'd use 10R Z'. for Venom and works better for a mixed attacker

Won't outer do the same but with better LAD?