[Takara Tomy]  Slash Testing and Discussion

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I figure we should take a look at Slash+Gen as well[/font]

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Slash Diabolos.Outer.Revolve Gen[/font]
[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Vs.[/font]
[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Alter Chronos.Outer.Revolve [/font]

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]BB-88 launched simultaneously.  Launchers were alternated.[/font]

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Alter Chronos OS win rate 100%. (10 rounds total).[/font]

aC got as far as one click a few times.  Of course with Gen the GT layer can be made much heavier without much burst risk. 

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Video of 2 rounds (I stopped recording as I got a phone call and that stopped the recording. the results were pretty one sided so there is really nothing to see). [/font]

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]https://youtu.be/hXwpPdA3LRk[/font]
Due to its similarities in its shape to other successful attackers like V2 and wV I decided to test Slash on an attack setup. I also chose Zenith as the disk because I had found it to be better than Vortex, though looking back I might try this again with 00V (which would be like 28? as opposed to 24.5) to see if that makes it handle the recoil better. With X' and Gen I probably wouldn't have to worry about self bursting at all, I think Slash only lost like 3 or 4 clicks over the course of these matches.

Slash Ashura Zenith Xtreme' GEN vs Drain Fafnir 0Lift Ωcta
Slash: 5 wins (1 burst 4 KO)
dF: 15 wins (12 OS 3 KO)
2 ties (double KO) redone
SA.Z.X' GEN win rate: 25%

It definitely had potential, but its rotational recoil was so horrible. Generally, if it did not KO Fafnir in the one solid hit it could get before completely losing its flower pattern and aggression, it would lose. All of the KOs Fafnir scored were wall saves after being on the lucky side of the big hit, and the one burst was a burst priority where Slash recoil KOed.

Even if using a heavier disk allowed it to control its recoil better, I still don't think it would be an especially powerful attacker compared to what's currently available.
Hell salamander 10 cross atomic vs slash achilles 0bump xtreme
I'm back, and I did more testing with Slash using 00V. The recoil management was considerably better (but I also tested it against mG, which is a circle so it doesn't really hit back at all...) and I got some more performance out of it. I used 5 on mG to increase Burst Resistance, and at least for me its stock chip seems to be a little bit tighter than the MGCs. For all of these, mG was launched at about 40% power, enough to give it some movement but also weak enough to give it some burst resistance.

Slash Ashura 00Vortex Xtreme' GEN vs. Maximum Garuda 5Expand Atomic
Slash: 11 wins (2 OS, 2 KO, 7 Burst)
mG: 9 wins (8 OS, 1 KO)
SA.00V.X' GEN win rate: 55%

Legend Spriggan 7Meteor Hunter' vs. Maximum Garuda 5Expand Atomic
lS: 12 wins (4 KO, 8 Burst)
mG: 8 wins (all OS)
lS.7M.Hn' win rate: 60%

Slash still had some heavy hits, and the one KO by mG was a recoil KO. Sometimes it would hit mG so hard it would deplete its spin and actually OS it later on after knocking it off balance. I used lS as a benchmark, despite mine's teeth having worn down quite a bit it held up fine burst resistance wise on Hn'. So it seems that at its peak raw efficiency, Slash is about as good as Legend Spriggan, which is already on the weaker side of the viable attack types in Limited.
Doing some Slash testing.

Twin Nemesis.00Proof.Atomic (def mode, the one with gold facing up) vs Slash Spriggan.00Bump.Xtreme' Gen
(Slash launched second, always.)
tN.00P.At: 5 wins (4 OS, 1 KO)
SS.00B.X' Gen: 5 wins (3 KO, 2 BF)
Ties: 1 (double burst)

Seems alright. Likely needs testing in a competitive setting. Charge' could be interesting on Slash for it to be used as burst attacker.