[Takara Tomy]  Single Layer Combos

Hello!

I've been experimenting with single layer combos against newer beys.  I will be adding some charts at some point but here are my findings.

Single Layers are effective against GT and Sparking BUT there are a few conditions.

1. Must have a Dash' Driver:  Their weight and size can't handle the force of larger beys so they need something to be more burst resitant.
  2. Must have a heavy Disc: Anything God - Current really just to help give them weight from being knocking out easily.
Now the explanation to why Single Layers are effective against GT and Sparking is that they are covered in a protective plastic dome.  Hence being called Single Layers  This is close to why Maximum Garuda having no blades is very good, but for its top.

This is good because the smaller size of the Single Layer goes under the Layer of the newer beys and knocks them off balance.  There aren't any designs on the top or protrusions so it is a really good shield.

And due to the smaller size impact doesn't slower the momentum as much.
I believe chunk has to do with the Law of Conservative of Angular Momentum 

[Image: conservation-angular-momentum-min.png]

The heavier and wider the bey is the easier this is to do.

Of course if you are unable to make contact you're more than likely to lose because their weight gives them more stamina.

Another nice thing about single layers are that because they are so small frames tend to be more effective.

Conservation of Linear Momentum

A smaller lighter bey has a better chance of out spinning a larger heavier Beyblade as long as it continues to hit the larger Beyblade and not burst.
This is due to Elastic Collision

You can test out a basic simulation on Simbucket Simulator
Make a heavier Cart vs a Slow lighter cart.  Even though the cart is going the opposite way with a highter velocity remember that we're dealing with spinning tops so it will dip back at that velocity but also slowing down due to less energy

But remember because the single layers David vs Goliath style of fighting requires it to attack the Disc mainly there is a higher chance that your bey will get more damaged than normal.

It takes more skill to win with a single layer than it does stats.  This is a good way to hone some different shooting styles.

My single layers that I use are

U.7R.Ds'
  1. U.7F.D' vs MB.Vn.Bl
  2. U.7F.D' vs BJ.Ω.Br
X10L.Q'
  1. X.10L.Q' vs SV.7P.F'
  2. X.10L.Qc’ vs SV.0P.F’ 閃
Well, that is interesting. Please do some tests versus some gt combos and post the test results here in the typical testing format.

Otherwise... its only theory :-)
Unicorn 0Expand Zephyr'. Hoping to avoid contact, and stall out the opposing Bey.
woops i accidentally replied to myself somehow please ignore this post
I've already seen serious success with Acid Anubis Wheel Destroy', having defeated both King Helios A1 Zone and Glide Ragnarok 1B Xtend+. It makes me happy that this small guy has been delivering real results.
(May. 06, 2020  10:21 PM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: I've already seen serious success with Acid Anubis Wheel Destroy', having defeated both King Helios A1 Zone and Glide Ragnarok 1B Xtend+. It makes me happy that this small guy has been delivering real results.

I actually did some Acid Anubis testing yesterday, and the teeth on mine are fairly worn down I suppose. Lots of bursts even with dash drivers. You didn't have any burst issues on yours?
(May. 06, 2020  10:47 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I actually did some Acid Anubis testing yesterday, and the teeth on mine are fairly worn down I suppose. Lots of bursts even with dash drivers. You didn't have any burst issues on yours?

He used to burst when I had Blitz equip on him, but Wheel has changed that. So far he's participated in 5 gauntlets (random bey vs random bey until everyone has been played), and he's been a winner in all 5 of them since making the switch to Wheel. He's also won individual testing when conducted. My Acid Anubis is for the most part new, so that could definitely be a part of it. He's played maybe about 100 games total, give or take.

Edit - Just wanted to add on that it's the blue Acid Anubis and the blue Destroy'. Maybe those are of slightly better quality than some of the other releases, I'm unsure, but it could be a factor.

Edit 2 - Acid Anubis finally lost his first gauntlet match, going against Lord Spriggan 10cross Xtend+ (Left). 3/1, he didn't go down without a fight as he got a legitimate knockout, and the stamina matches were to the very end. You'd expect him to give up sooner but Anubis did not.