[Takara Tomy]  Power Driver Discussion

Hello!  This is to talk about the Power Driver.

[font="ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3", "Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro", メイリオ, Meiryo, Osaka, "MS Pゴシック", "MS PGothic", Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]An attack-type driver who bites into the stadium with a jagged flat shaft and rampages, and the lock becomes hard when the shaft tip shrinks during an attack.[/font]

Which comes with
B-134 - Slash Valkyrie Blitz Power Retsu
B-135 - Beyblade Gatinko Battle Set
B-00 - Legend Star Bey Set - Dragoon Fantom 00Star Power
B-176 - Random Booster 23 - Archer Hercules 10 Axe Power

Attack - 3
Defense - 1
Stamina - 1
Weight - 0
Speed - 1

I will start first -

I never really thought much about power until I read it's description.  "The lock becomes hard when the shaft tip shrinks during an attack"

Looking at that I noticed the spring in power is the same spring used to secure it on the teeth.  This means the harder it hits with upper force pushing the tip inward it pushes the spring up making it tighter to click.
Yup! That's exactly what it does! The cap and the tip of the Power Driver share the same spring, so when the tip is pressed in, the lock becomes tighter which should theoretically make it harder to burst.

It's a pretty cool gimmick, even if it doesn't actually work nearly as well as intended. Even though it's useless competitively, I do really like it and find it fun to use. I actually use the purple one for my Hollow Deathscyther stock combo.
I've been using it with a few double chassis combos and it went from meh to one of my favorite atk drivers. It's decent on stamina and is easy to control. And the purple one look pretty clean with a lot of combos.
Power is Decent on something like imperial in place of destroy if you want more controllability and stamina in place of lad.
(Feb. 07, 2021  12:43 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Power is Decent on something like imperial in place of destroy if you want more controllability and stamina in place of lad.

But the burst risk is more apparent and Imperial was already outclassed.
(Feb. 07, 2021  2:23 AM)Logic123ABC Wrote:
(Feb. 07, 2021  12:43 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Power is Decent on something like imperial in place of destroy if you want more controllability and stamina in place of lad.

But the burst risk is more apparent and Imperial was already outclassed.
It didn't burst to rage though, and Imperial isn't even that outclassed.
(Feb. 07, 2021  2:24 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:
(Feb. 07, 2021  2:23 AM)Logic123ABC Wrote: But the burst risk is more apparent and Imperial was already outclassed.
It didn't burst to rage though, and Imperial isn't even that outclassed.

But it is still outclassed. Don't get me wrong, I love Imperial. I am just stating the objective fact. Sure Power will help with the burst risk compared to other drivers but considering that it isn't even a dash driver, It is going to be bursting a lot in the competitive scene.
Is nothing like power (making the lock tighter when the driver goes in)?
(Feb. 07, 2021  6:18 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Is nothing like power (making the lock tighter when the driver goes in)?

No. I'm pretty sure Nothing has separate springs

(Feb. 07, 2021  6:08 PM)Logic123ABC Wrote:
(Feb. 07, 2021  2:24 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: It didn't burst to rage though, and Imperial isn't even that outclassed.

But it is still outclassed.  Don't get me wrong, I love Imperial.  I am just stating the objective fact.  Sure Power will help with the burst risk compared to other drivers but considering that it isn't even a dash driver, It is going to be bursting a lot in the competitive scene.

True, but if your a seasoned blader with a taste for the unorthodox, you'd actually realise power is really good for Gattyaki (considering your aim) or anti-Gattyaki due to the ability to bounce and the stronger spring when pressed down is very useful even when going against opponents with higher stamina. If you know how to use it well it can actually be quite OP
(Feb. 08, 2021  12:32 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:
(Feb. 07, 2021  6:18 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Is nothing like power (making the lock tighter when the driver goes in)?

No. I'm pretty sure Nothing has separate springs

(Feb. 07, 2021  6:08 PM)Logic123ABC Wrote: But it is still outclassed.  Don't get me wrong, I love Imperial.  I am just stating the objective fact.  Sure Power will help with the burst risk compared to other drivers but considering that it isn't even a dash driver, It is going to be bursting a lot in the competitive scene.

True, but if your a seasoned blader with a taste for the unorthodox, you'd actually realise power is really good for Gattyaki (considering your aim) or anti-Gattyaki due to the ability to bounce and the stronger spring when pressed down is very useful even when going against opponents with higher stamina. If you know how to use it well it can actually be quite OP

So basically, Power is like a situational kind of Driver?
(Feb. 08, 2021  12:54 AM)Longinox Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2021  12:32 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: No. I'm pretty sure Nothing has separate springs

So basically, Power is like a situational kind of Driver?

Yes. Like most written off as "lousy" but having secret potential drivers, Power is only good in that certain area, and lacking in other areas, though not as much as something like High Jaggy', Power does have decent stamina and excellent burst resistance, which is considerably legendary in the unorthodox parts league.

I dont think so, I think the only drivers that become harder to burst mid battle are power and generate

I heard that power is somehow good on hollow, is that true?
(Feb. 08, 2021  10:52 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2021  12:54 AM)Longinox Wrote: So basically, Power is like a situational kind of Driver?

Yes. Like most written off as "lousy" but having secret potential drivers, Power is only good in that certain area, and lacking in other areas, though not as much as something like High Jaggy', Power does have decent stamina and excellent burst resistance, which is considerably legendary in the unorthodox parts league.

Not really. There are so many dash drivers that unconditionally as tight or tighter than power in its tightest state. If one is looking for attack, stamina, and burst resistance, hold’, destroy’, Worn evolution’, and volcanic’ can all do the job better than power. Power’s lad is less than desired, and with a semi-weak attack pattern(compared to quick’ xtreme’, Xceed’, etc), it’s mediocre and outclassed.
(Feb. 08, 2021  3:42 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2021  10:52 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Yes. Like most written off as "lousy" but having secret potential drivers, Power is only good in that certain area, and lacking in other areas, though not as much as something like High Jaggy', Power does have decent stamina and excellent burst resistance, which is considerably legendary in the unorthodox parts league.

Not really. There are so many dash drivers that unconditionally as tight or tighter than power in its tightest state. If one is looking for attack, stamina, and burst resistance, hold’, destroy’, Worn evolution’, and volcanic’ can all do the job better than power. Power’s lad is less than desired, and with a semi-weak attack pattern(compared to quick’ xtreme’, Xceed’, etc), it’s mediocre and outclassed.

Didn't you read my previous Post? I already specified that Power is a high-skill specific driver. Plus it actually has more raw stamina than Destroy'.
It is the best for Gattyaki when used correctly
(Feb. 09, 2021  12:38 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2021  3:42 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: Not really. There are so many dash drivers that unconditionally as tight or tighter than power in its tightest state. If one is looking for attack, stamina, and burst resistance, hold’, destroy’, Worn evolution’, and volcanic’ can all do the job better than power. Power’s lad is less than desired, and with a semi-weak attack pattern(compared to quick’ xtreme’, Xceed’, etc), it’s mediocre and outclassed.

Didn't you read my previous Post? I already specified that Power is a high-skill specific driver. Plus it actually has more raw stamina than Destroy'.

destroy' is still tighter and has better lad. and Accel' and Hold' have more raw stamina than it. Plus, absorb has just as much gattyaki potential, plus decent stamina and attack.
(Feb. 09, 2021  4:28 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  12:38 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Didn't you read my previous Post? I already specified that Power is a high-skill specific driver. Plus it actually has more raw stamina than Destroy'.

destroy' is still tighter and has better lad. and Accel' and Hold' have more raw stamina than it. Plus, absorb has just as much gattyaki potential, plus decent stamina and attack.
The spring for power is much stronger than absorb. Plus it doesn't break as easy.
I'm not disputing your Examples, but Hold' only has raw stamina depending on what kind it is.
Accel' is also easier to destabilize.
I don’t think it’s bad but I don’t think it’s good. I say this because the gimmick barely works plus the stamina isn’t up there. And the reason why I think it’s good is because it has alright Springs so it’s kinda tight on combos. That’s what I think on the Power Driver