[Takara Tomy]  Mirage Fafnir Testing and Discussion

(Jun. 08, 2020  10:58 PM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote: I'll do opposite spin tests for Mirage Fafnir 2S on absorb/nothing/rise/Ul' soon after some leg pain goes anyway, any suggestions on the right spin combo I should use?

Lord spriggan 0 cross Xtend+, judgement diabolos I sting Xtreme’ or pP outer atomic.
Brave Valkyrie Xtend Plus (Defence) 2A (6 Bladed mode)
(Jun. 08, 2020  8:57 PM)RustyWheelz Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2020  8:27 PM)MrBlade Wrote: If only I had a spare Xtend+ I'd love to do Mirage vs. Lord both on Xt+

I'm just snooping here on a break, but can test this after working hours. 

I'd found Br to be the best bet so far, so, it would be good to know if this is better overall.

Mirage Fafnir Xt+ 2s, absorb mode (64.13g) vs L.DrII.0w.Xt+

I'll make this easy - MFf won all 10. 2 by knock-out, the other 8 by spin finish. A couple were very close, but there were no ties. 1st launch alternated.

I felt like wall was holding back the LAD a little on Lord, so I tried a few more with just 0 after, but MFf won those too, 1 by KO, two by close out-spins.
(Jun. 09, 2020  2:02 AM)RustyWheelz Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2020  8:57 PM)RustyWheelz Wrote: I'm just snooping here on a break, but can test this after working hours. 

I'd found Br to be the best bet so far, so, it would be good to know if this is better overall.

Mirage Fafnir Xt+ 2s, absorb mode (64.13g) vs L.DrII.0w.Xt+

I'll make this easy - MFf won all 10.  2 by knock-out, the other 8 by spin finish.  A couple were very close, but there were no ties.  1st launch alternated.  

I felt like wall was holding back the LAD a little on Lord, so I tried a few more with just 0 after, but MFf won those too, 1 by KO, two by close out-spins.
Wall isn’t a good frame for Xt+, and it does better with a frame like Cross. Not bare.
(Jun. 09, 2020  2:35 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2020  2:02 AM)RustyWheelz Wrote: Mirage Fafnir Xt+ 2s, absorb mode (64.13g) vs L.DrII.0w.Xt+

I'll make this easy - MFf won all 10.  2 by knock-out, the other 8 by spin finish.  A couple were very close, but there were no ties.  1st launch alternated.  

Wall isn’t a good frame for Xt+, and it does better with a frame like Cross. Not bare.

Mirage Fafnir Xt+(copy a) 2S, absorb mode VS Lord DragonII 0C Xt+(copy b)
Mirage spins 1st, alternates. 2 ties redone.

1. Mf ko
2. LDr2 spin ~
3. LDr2 spin ~
4. Mf ko
5. LDr2 spin ~
6. Mf ko
7. Mf ko
8. LDr2 ko
9. Mf spin
10. Mf ko

UPDATE:
Mirage Fafnir Xt+(copy b) 2S, absorb mode VS Lord DragonII 0C Xt+(copy a)
Mirage spins 1st, alternates. 3 ties redone.

11. LDr2 spin
12. LDr2 spin ~
13. LDr2 ko
14. Mf spin
15. Mf spin
16. Mf spin
17. Mf spin ~
18. Mf spin
19. LDr2 spin
20. Mf spin

Mirage - 60% + 60%

Those rounds marked with ~ were soo close, it's almost a feeling of who won.  5 that were perfectly tied, I redid.

Cross made a huge difference for the end-games.  LDr with cross was getting the most of it's LAD now.

One highlight worthy, huge double hit (hit+rebound hit) came down to a spin-finish tie leaving Lord on 1 click before burst.
(Jun. 09, 2020  3:27 AM)RustyWheelz Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2020  2:35 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Wall isn’t a good frame for Xt+, and it does better with a frame like Cross. Not bare.

Mirage Fafnir Xt+ 2S, absorb mode VS Lord DragonII 0C Xt+

Mirage spins 1st, alternates. 2 ties redone.

1. Mf ko
2. LDr2 spin ~
3. LDr2 spin ~
4. Mf ko
5. LDr2 spin ~
6. Mf ko
7. Mf ko
8. LDr2 ko
9. Mf spin
10. Mf ko

Mirage - 60%

Those rounds marked with ~ were soo close, it's almost a feeling of who won.  Two that were perfectly tied, I redid.

Cross made a huge difference for the end-games.  LDr with cross was getting the most of it's LAD now.

Also for some reason in this session there were a lot more big hits than the last 10, probably coincidence.  One highlight worthy, huge double hit (hit+rebound hit) came down to a spin-finish tie leaving Lord on 1 click before burst.

You think could try the same match up but Lord on left spin with Mirage on Counter Mode?
(Jun. 09, 2020  6:37 PM)MrBlade Wrote: You think could try the same match up but Lord on left spin with Mirage on Counter Mode?

Mirage Fafnir Xt+(copy a) 2S, counter mode  VS  L.S.0C.Xt+(copy b) (left spin) 
Mirage spun 1st on odds.

1. L.S spin
2. M.F spin
3. M.F spin
4. M.F spin
5. M.F spin
6. L.S spin
7. M.F spin
8. L.S KO
9. L.S spin
10. M.F spin  

UPDATE:
Mirage Fafnir Xt+(copy b) 2S, counter mode  VS  L.S.0C.Xt+(copy a) (left spin) 
Mirage spun 1st on odds.

11. L.S spin
12. M.F spin
13. L.S spin
14. M.F spin
15. L.S spin
16. L.S spin
17. L.S spin
18. M.F spin
19. L.S spin
20. M.F spin

Mirage 60% + 40% (50% overall)

These two seemed evenly matched, though Mirage forced Lord to 'circle the drain' more often.  As there was no equalization happening, the winner was generally easy to predict before the finish.  The 1st 10 battles didn't seem too reliant on launch order, but the second batch was with the last to spin winning all but 1.  Not many big hits in these 20 and neither bey was in danger of bursting.

Just for fun, I tried to see how many times Mirage Faf Xt+ 2S (absorb) could beat stock Brave Valk on one spin.  3 is my record so far, but mostly because I can't finesse Brave into the launcher fast enough, he
I'd just found an older, closed thread with some good pointers on testing. I will retest the double Xt+ matches with the Xt+'s swapped between beys to ensure the parts aren't skewing results. Also, I inspected the tips of the Xt+ and noted that at first they looked to have a bit of flatness, but upon scraping with my thumbnail, a bit of crud flaked off and they look good again. Tests soon.
Could someone test Mirage's stock combo against Lord Spriggan?
Just wanted to add that I've updated my previous tests with more battles, noting that I've swapped copies of Xt+ between the beys to account for any part variance.
So I see lots of testing but has anyone come to a conclusion of what the verdict is for Mirage Fafnir? Hot or not? I already bought it and I'm waiting for it to come in so I can do some extensive testing as well
I know I said I would do the driver test I did earlier but for opposite spin combos but I've been feeling tired and have been preparing my room for a new TV I'm getting hopefully I'll get to it later today though.
(Jun. 13, 2020  2:33 PM)-Fireblaze- Wrote: So I see lots of testing but has anyone come to a conclusion of what the verdict is for Mirage Fafnir? Hot or not? I already bought it and I'm waiting for it to come in so I can do some extensive testing as well

After some testing, I consider it an equal to Lord in left spin stamina. Definitely worth getting for sure in my opinion. I recommend Mirage Fafnir 00Cross Xtend+ 1S (Stamina Mode) for a combo to use on it.
I think Mirage is a fantastic Beyblade, more as an attack type than a stamina type. Stamina is so overplayed that it's a shame to waste this things ability to burst others, especially when in deck and 5G formats would allow for someone such as Lord to play the stamina role. Mirage has gotten multiple bursts, particularly against left spinning opponents. Myself and two other friends played well over a hundred games with this layer and it's one of our favorites, more-so that it's an actual evolution to Geist Fafnir.

Combos were tested with almost every driver in the game, but the best results for attack came from Fusion' (Worn down), Ultimate Reboot', and Merge'. Merge' caused the most bursts, but Ultimate Reboot' has the most stamina in opposite spin. 2S with exposed teeth works excellent against left spinning beys, while against right spinning beys having all the weight lined with the rubber worked much more efficiently for spin-stealing at the end of a stamina match. The only chassis used in all our play was 2S, it's an excellent piece.
(Jun. 13, 2020  2:33 PM)-Fireblaze- Wrote: So I see lots of testing but has anyone come to a conclusion of what the verdict is for Mirage Fafnir? Hot or not? I already bought it and I'm waiting for it to come in so I can do some extensive testing as well

In my tests, it showed it arguably has an edge on Lord in stamina, so there's that Smile I refrain from too many accolades as I'm sure someone else tests will yield different results. Xt+ works great on it, better than Br in my tests. Forget Nothing.

(Jun. 15, 2020  7:21 PM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: I think Mirage is a fantastic Beyblade, more as an attack type than a stamina type. Stamina is so overplayed that it's a shame to waste this things ability to burst others, especially when in deck and 5G formats would allow for someone such as Lord to play the stamina role. Mirage has gotten multiple bursts, particularly against left spinning opponents. Myself and two other friends played well over a hundred games with this layer and it's one of our favorites, more-so that it's an actual evolution to Geist Fafnir.

Combos were tested with almost every driver in the game, but the best results for attack came from Fusion' (Worn down), Ultimate Reboot', and Merge'. Merge' caused the most bursts, but Ultimate Reboot' has the most stamina in opposite spin. 2S with exposed teeth works excellent against left spinning beys, while against right spinning beys having all the weight lined with the rubber worked much more efficiently for spin-stealing at the end of a stamina match. The only chassis used in all our play was 2S, it's an excellent piece.

I had fortune with Ds' as well, I'll have to try some of these others!
I decided to test Mirage Fafnir for attack, and the results were interesting.

Mirage Fafnir Destroy’ 2S Vs Lord Spriggan (Right Spin) 0Cross Xtend+ (Stamina Mode). I did ten rounds.

Results:

Mirage Fafnir: 50% (5 KO’s)

Lord Spriggan 50% (2 KO’s 3 OS’)
Mirage Fafnir 2S XT+ vs Jade Jupiter (stock in MFB stadium)

Mirage Fafnir 90%
Jade Jupiter 10%
Surprisingly it did better than a MFB bey.
Can someone try Mirage Fafnir Xtend+ 2S(Absorb) vs Brave Valkyrie Xtend+ 2A(6Blade)
Both Xtend+ in stamina setting
I can't do it bcs I only have 1 xtend+
(Jul. 11, 2020  5:38 AM)KerbeusKmie Wrote: Can someone try Mirage Fafnir Xtend+ 2S(Absorb) vs Brave Valkyrie Xtend+ 2A(6Blade)
Both Xtend+ in stamina setting
I can't do it bcs I only have 1 xtend+

Mirage Fafnir wins 70% (out of 10 rounds)
Mirage Fafnir Ultimate Reboot’ 2S (Absorption Mode) Vs. Perfect Phoenix 00Cross Xtend+ (Stamina Mode). I did ten rounds.

Results:

Mirage Fafnir: 20% (2 KO’)

Perfect Phoenix: 80% (7 OS’ 1 KO)
Mirage Fafnir 00 Revolve 1S Vs Lord Spriggan (Right Spin) 00 Revolve. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Mirage Fafnir: 90% (7 OS’ 2 KO’s)

Lord Spriggan: 10% (1 KO)

So it seems Mirage Fafnir outclasses Lord Spriggan for opposite spin stamina.
Can someone do Mirage Fafnir 2S Xtend+ (absorb mode) VS Master Diabolos Vanguard Bearing (left spin) ?

I'm newcomer and want to know if it is still worth it buying MDb at this time.
I can't do it bcs I don't have bearing,but i have the rest for the test and mobius
(Aug. 21, 2020  12:12 PM)KerbeusKmie Wrote: I can't do it bcs I don't have bearing,but i have the rest for the test and mobius

Ok lets try with Mobius driver
Mdb Vanguard Mobius (Left spin)
Mirage Fafnir 2D bearing (light launch) vs Lord Achilles wheel Xtend plus (hard launch stamina mode) (note I only have Mirage Fafnir I was at my Friend’s house and he had the rest of the parts) 10 round

Mirage Fafnir: 80% (8 out spins)

Lord Achilles (2 knock outs)

Thoughts:
This Mirage Fafnir combo is a beast at spin steal, but it just barely won each time (2 rounds me and my friends had to look back on the tape in slo-mo)