[Takara Tomy]  Mirage Fafnir Testing and Discussion

A thread to test and discuss the ring/chip Mirage Fafnir.
Mirage is too light imo. Anyways lets see how good it is at spin steal: Mirage Helios 1S 00Wall Bearing vs something with good LAD in right spin.
I think it has to be 2S Or 1B. More likely 2S. Bearing has trash burst resistance so it needs a double chassis.
(Jun. 03, 2020  11:41 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: Mirage is too light imo. Anyways lets see how good it is at spin steal: Mirage Helios  1S 00Wall Bearing vs something with good LAD in right spin.

if I had Helios, Ragnaruk, and Bearing (ordered the one from UD but the seller had to refund me) I would test that
(Jun. 04, 2020  12:55 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2020  11:41 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: Mirage is too light imo. Anyways lets see how good it is at spin steal: Mirage Helios  1S 00Wall Bearing vs something with good LAD in right spin.

if I had Helios, Ragnaruk, and Bearing (ordered the one from UD but the seller had to refund me) I would test that

Do you have Xtend+? If so, Mirage Fafnir Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) 2S Vs Judgement Diabolos Blitz Xtreme’/Quick’/Hunter’ (Whichever one you have but use Xtreme’/Quick’ over Hunter’).
(Jun. 04, 2020  12:57 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2020  12:55 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote: if I had Helios, Ragnaruk, and Bearing (ordered the one from UD but the seller had to refund me) I would test that

Do you have Xtend+? If so, Mirage Fafnir Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) 2S Vs Judgement Diabolos Blitz Xtreme’/Quick’/Hunter’ (Whichever one you have but use Xtreme’/Quick’ over Hunter’).

Luckily I do have Xt+ and Judgment however I don't have Diabolos (like I said earlier I would but got refunded) and I believe I have X' but I'd have to check later (if I don't I plan on buying some drivers from 3.style this month).
(Jun. 04, 2020  1:01 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2020  12:57 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Do you have Xtend+? If so, Mirage Fafnir Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) 2S Vs Judgement Diabolos Blitz Xtreme’/Quick’/Hunter’ (Whichever one you have but use Xtreme’/Quick’ over Hunter’).

Luckily I do have Xt+ and Judgment however I don't have Diabolos (like I said earlier I would but got refunded) and I believe I have X' but I'd have to check later (if I don't I plan on buying some drivers from 3.style this month).

Judgement Achilles/Ashura Blitz Xtreme’ Zan then will work.
Can someone do mirrage fafnir bearing 2S vs Brave Hyperion Xt+ 2A
Ok so I don't have Xtreme' so later this week I'll be buying Bearing, X', possibly Qc', and any other drivers I could potentially use.. I'll do some tests with the Fafnir drivers (absorb and rise compared to nothing) against Master Bahamut Sting Xt+ Defense mode tomorrow to compensate for the last of actual tests.
I did some testing tonight with Mirage. I'll start with some anecdotal comments, then some results.

I found Mirage Fafnir stock to be average. Not one burst against a broad selection of my beys left or right, but losing to a lot of mediocre builds. It steals spin, but you wouldn't mistake it for Wizard, even with 1S, Ratchet and Rise. An improvement over Wizard for general use, but I still feel like Wizard spun lightly was dominant against almost all right spin and Mirage doesn't have that same gimmick.

I tried various combos to differing effect. Ds' was actually kind of good and fun, but I settled on Br for testing.

Mirage Fafnir Br.2S (62.71g) vs. J.D.Bl.Qc'.

normal configuration:
1. MF os
2. MF ko
3. MF ko
4. JD ko
5. JD ko
6. MF os
7. MF os
8. MF os
9. (slow spin) JD ko
10. (slow spin) MF os

MF 70%

counter mode:
1. JD ko
2. JD ko
3. JD ko
4. JD ko
5. (slow spin) JD ko
6. MF os
7. MF os
8. MF os
9. MF os
10. (slow spin) JD ko

MF 40%

Notes:

I tracked # of clicks, but it turned out not to be very significant. J.D never clicked, MF clicked 0, 1 or twice a couple of times, but never burst.

The battles were pretty streaky. J.D. knocked MF around more often than not - if it happened to be an exit, ko.

Overall, I'd say Br was an improvement over stock in win rate, but seemed to move farther away from spin steal magic.
(Jun. 06, 2020  10:03 AM)RustyWheelz Wrote: I did some testing tonight with Mirage.  I'll start with some anecdotal comments, then some results.

I found Mirage Fafnir stock to be average.  Not one burst against a broad selection of my beys left or right, but losing to a lot of mediocre builds.  It steals spin, but you wouldn't mistake it for Wizard, even with 1S, Ratchet and Rise.  An improvement over Wizard for general use, but I still feel like Wizard spun lightly was dominant against almost all right spin and Mirage doesn't have that same gimmick.

I tried various combos to differing effect.  Ds' was actually kind of good and fun, but I settled on Br for testing.

Mirage Fafnir Br.2S (62.71g) vs. J.D.Bl.Qc'.

normal configuration:
1. MF os
2. MF ko
3. MF ko
4. JD ko
5. JD ko
6. MF os
7. MF os
8. MF os
9. (slow spin) JD ko
10. (slow spin) MF os

MF 70%

counter mode:
1. JD ko
2. JD ko
3. JD ko
4. JD ko
5. (slow spin) JD ko
6. MF os
7. MF os
8. MF os
9. MF os
10. (slow spin) JD ko

MF 40%

Notes:

I tracked # of clicks, but it turned out not to be very significant.  J.D never clicked, MF clicked 0, 1 or twice a couple of times, but never burst.

The battles were pretty streaky.  J.D. knocked MF around more often than not - if it happened to be an exit, ko.

Overall, I'd say Br was an improvement over stock in win rate, but seemed to move farther away from spin steal magic.
Can you try Mirage Fafnir Eternal 2S vs Zwei Diabolos Wheel Destroy'
Ok so here are the results for Nothing vs Absorb vs Rise against the same spin combo Master Bahamut Sting Xt+ Defense mode:
ALL LAUNCHES ARE ALTERNATED
Ultimate Reboot with the best results? Looks like Fafnir may be like Valkyrie in the aspect of being good in unexpected or unintended areas.
I'd be interested to see how well the opposite spin does with that combo as well as how zwei affects it
(Jun. 08, 2020  12:33 AM)bcpaws Wrote: I'd be interested to see how well the opposite spin does with that combo as well as how zwei affects it
Zwei simply won't effect it the rubber actually helps it like how judgement works
(Jun. 08, 2020  1:11 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2020  12:33 AM)bcpaws Wrote: I'd be interested to see how well the opposite spin does with that combo as well as how zwei affects it
Zwei simply won't effect it the rubber actually helps it like how judgement work
That's  simply untrue as zwei is a very strong left spin attacker and mirage does not have burst stoppers meaning the friction  between  the two layers will be massive and not at all good for mirage
(Jun. 08, 2020  8:50 AM)bcpaws Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2020  1:11 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: Zwei simply won't effect it the rubber actually helps it like how judgement work
That's  simply untrue as zwei is a very strong left spin attacker and mirage does not have burst stoppers meaning the friction  between  the two layers will be massive and not at all good for mirage
But since these days we have double chassis which significantly increase burst resistance.. Therefore rather than bursting, fafnirs rubber will act like brakes to zwei layer.. so the performance is a bit like valkrie and judgement for same spin combos
(Jun. 08, 2020  8:57 AM)Vtryuga Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2020  8:50 AM)bcpaws Wrote: That's  simply untrue as zwei is a very strong left spin attacker and mirage does not have burst stoppers meaning the friction  between  the two layers will be massive and not at all good for mirage
But since these days we have double chassis which significantly increase burst resistance.. Therefore rather than bursting, fafnirs rubber will act like brakes to zwei layer.. so the performance is a bit like valkrie and judgement for same spin combos

I did try mirage on extend+ and zwei was still able to burst it
(Jun. 08, 2020  8:50 AM)bcpaws Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2020  1:11 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: Zwei simply won't effect it the rubber actually helps it like how judgement work
No the rubber doesn't even goes as effective as the previous fafnir so it can tank most of left spin beys without worrying plus the double chassis will make it harder to burst
(Jun. 08, 2020  9:05 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2020  8:50 AM)bcpaws Wrote: That's  simply untrue as zwei is a very strong left spin attacker and mirage does not have burst stoppers meaning the friction  between  the two layers will be massive and not at all good for mirage
No the rubber doesn't even goes as effective as the previous fafnir so it can tank most of left spin beys without worrying plus the double chassis will make it harder to burst

There is more rubber and it appears to be the same quality of rubber as wizard, yes mirage has better burst resistance  but that does not mean it cannot be koed or bursted by zwei I'm not sure what you mean by the rubber not being as effective
I found Mirage to be good with power, bearing, and absorb on metal fight stadiums. However it is not good at spin absorption.
My dudes I got Mirage and a lot of parts feel free to put in some suggestions I'd be able to test
(Jun. 08, 2020  5:48 PM)MrBlade Wrote: My dudes I got Mirage and a lot of parts feel free to put in some suggestions I'd be able to test

Mirage Fafnir Br 2S VS BV Xt+ 2A
Mirage Fafnir Bearing 2S (Absorb Mode) vs. Brave Valkyrie Xtend+ 2A (6 Blade Stamina)

Odds: Brave launched first
Evens: Mirage launched first

1: MFf Over
2: BVl Spin
3: MFf Spin
4: BVl Spin
5: MFf Over
6: BVl Spin
7: BVl Spin
8: BVl Over
9: BVl Over
10: BVl Spin

MFf: 30% Win Rate
BVl: 70% Win Rate
(Jun. 08, 2020  6:09 PM)MrBlade Wrote: Mirage Fafnir Bearing 2S (Absorb Mode) vs. Brave Valkyrie Xtend+ 2A (6 Blade Stamina)

Odds: Brave launched first
Evens: Mirage launched first

1: MFf Over
2: BVl Spin
3: MFf Spin
4: BVl Spin
5: MFf Over
6: BVl Spin
7: BVl Spin
8: BVl Over
9: BVl Over
10: BVl Spin

MFf: 30% Win Rate
BVl: 70% Win Rate

Man, I forgot to specify what modes.
So it seems that Brave can counter Mirage.
Can you try Lord Dragon 2 0C Xt+ VS Mirage Fafnir Br 2S (Absorb mode)?