[Takara Tomy]  Hurricane Unban Proposal

Well I had recently acquired Hurricane.
Lots of people have been talking about possibly unbanning it. No one had done testing to show, so I decided to start the ball rolling.

Attack Testing:
bL.00T.Ev (3rd Stage) VS gF.00C.At
1st Match: gF OS
2nd Match: bL BF
3rd Match: gF OS
4th Match: bL KO
5th Match: bL KO
6th Match: gF KO
7th Match: bL BF
8th Match: bL BF
9th Match: bL KO
10th Match: gF KO (Self KO)
bL Win Rate: 60%

Hurricane comparison:
bL.Hr.Ev (3rd Stage) VS gF.00C.At
2nd Match: gF OS
4th Match: bL KO
6th Match: gF OS
7th Match: gF OS
8th Match: gF OS
9th Match: gF OS
10th Match: gF OS
gF Win Rate: 80%

Looks like the speed of Evolution requires some weight to control it, Hurricane was so light the bL combo hit the walls and killed it's stamina.
Let's try with a Rubber Based controllable attack driver.

bL.00B.Jl' VS gF.00C.At
2nd Match: bL KO
3rd Match: bL BF
4th Match: bL BF
5th Match: bL BF
6th Match: bL BF
8th Match: bL KO
9th Match: bL BF
10th Match: bL KO
bL Win Rate: 90%

Hurricane Comparison:
bL.Hr.Jl' VS gF.00C.At
1st Match: bL KO
2nd Match: gF OS
4th Match: gF OS
6th Match: bL KO
7th Match: bL KO
9th Match: gF OS
bL Win Rate: 60%

Jolt' really helped Hurricane but it was still too light. It severely hampered ability to KO and deal damage. Looks like Hurricane is not great for attack.

Verdict: For attack, Hurricane is outclassed by common choices like 00+Frame. It will not likely make an impact to the current attack Meta if added.

I will do stamina and defence tests tommorow.
All right. I'm back for Stamina tests!
Stamina Tests:
dC.Ω.R (MGC, MAC) VS gF.00C.At
1st Match: Tie
2nd Match: dC Wins
3rd Match: dC Wins
4th Match: dC Wins
5th Match: dC Wins
6th Match: dC Wins
7th Match: Tie
8th Match: dC Wins
9th Match: dC Wins
10th Match: dC Wins
dC Win Rate: 80%
Bonus Match (Weak Launched):
dC Wins

Hurricane comparison:
dC.Hr.R (MGC, MAC) VS gF.00C.At
10 Ties. I'm not going to waste my screen time by listing the 10 matches in ties.
dC Win Rate: 0%
Bonus Match (Weak Launched):
Tie.

Alright, this is obvious. Hurricane's LAD is lacking, compared to discs like Ωuter, I was not able to see the raw stamina of Hurricane so here comes same spin stamina tests.
Btw, all the wins were OS.

Alright I couldn't find any same spin stamina tests that were usable. I wanted to do aB.Ω.R VS gF.00C.At, however aB kept bursting so... I did a lame mirror match up - I hope it doesn't tweak results - but anyway if anyone can do same spin stamina testing, I'd be grateful! Let me mention some people I know could possibly help with testing. Wombat, AirKingNeo, anyone else? Alright now back to the mirror test.
SD.00C.At 幻 VS SD.Hr.At 幻
1st Match: 00C KO
2nd Match: 00C KO
3rd Match: Hr OS
4th Match: 00C OS
5th March: 00C OS
6th Match: Hr OS
I stopped at this match cos I realised...
The recoil of Slash drastically changed results. So well if someone could support this thread and do some testing for same spin stamina to prove that Hurricane is healthy enough to add to Limited I would be Extremely grateful.

Verdict (Based on the opposite spin stamina test):
Hurricane for now doesn't seem to have a dangerous amount of stamina when looking at Forge discs already allowed. Opposite Spin Stamina-wise, it can be added to Limited.
i dont think it will be unbanned too much stamina potential
(Dec. 29, 2020  9:11 AM)your golden boy Wrote: i dont think it will be unbanned  too much stamina potential

Hmm how so? It's beaten by allowed Forge discs quite frequently but maybe in same spin it's good, I'm not familiar with that. in my opinion If they allowed it I'd still use other forge discs.
(Dec. 29, 2020  12:12 PM)g2_ Wrote: We need to unban Wheel.

Why? Wheel is currently the heaviest disk, and the LAD it produces is incredible. I don't believe Burst Limited needs a 30 gram monster of a disk running around.
(Dec. 29, 2020  2:41 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2020  12:12 PM)g2_ Wrote: We need to unban Wheel.

Why? Wheel is currently the heaviest disk, and the LAD it produces is incredible. I don't believe Burst Limited needs a 30 gram monster of a disk running around.
Well it has bad burst resistance.
(Dec. 29, 2020  2:43 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2020  2:41 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Why? Wheel is currently the heaviest disk, and the LAD it produces is incredible. I don't believe Burst Limited needs a 30 gram monster of a disk running around.
Well it has bad burst resistance.

I'm not denying that, but the earlier Cho-Z layers, as well as dash drivers, can compensate for that and dominate the metagame.
(Dec. 29, 2020  2:53 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2020  2:43 PM)g2_ Wrote: Well it has bad burst resistance.

I'm not denying that, but the earlier Cho-Z layers, as well as dash drivers, can compensate for that and dominate the metagame.
I understand.
Aside from the testing not really showing mirror matches to compare Hurricane to core disc + frame, I don't really see Hurricane getting unbanned because a core disc + frame is better anyways, so there wouldn't be much benefit from adding an exception clause in the rules.
(Dec. 30, 2020  6:10 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Aside from the testing not really showing mirror matches to compare Hurricane to core disc + frame, I don't really see Hurricane getting unbanned because a core disc + frame is better anyways, so there wouldn't be much benefit from adding an exception clause in the rules.
I'm unable to do mirror matches. However you are right, for now. I have realised that Hurricane is extremely good at Burst defense, reducing damage you take by a good deal. However I have not released Defence testing yet. I have not done truly proper testing but from normal matches in situations where a bey would have normally burst, it did not. This makes me feel that for defence, I would actually add hurricane into a deck if against attack types, which is why I made this thread, if hurricane had absolutely no use I wouldn't have.
Time for Defence testing.I did say that Hurricane is good for defence, so I'll be showing it through these tests.
Defence Tests:
bL.00B.Jl' VS gF.00C.At
2nd Match: bL KO
3rd Match: bL BF
4th Match: bL BF
5th Match: bL BF
6th Match: bL BF
9th Match: bL BF
bL Win Rate: 90%

Hurricane Comparison:
gF.Hr.At VS bL.00B.Jl'
10 OS for gF
gF Win Rate: 100%
Well not only did gF not burst or Get KOed, I realised Hurricane had some kind of ability to interrupt the trajectory of bL.
Rolling away due to the light weight, yet not getting KOed, bL was unable to continue in it's trajectory that was supposed to have to hit gF many times.
In one occasion, bL hit gF twice with a rush shoot,gF rolled away and bL was wobbling in the center

Verdict: Hurricane would likely be a healthy addition to limited format. It's only strength is Defence, rendering it not too overpowered for limited.

I'm done with testing, you could request testing if you aren't convinced

Also I renamed the thread because I feel it can be unbanned
Isn't Hurricane supposed to be good on left spin Bearing only? Since only the TT Bearing is unbanned, that makes dF or gF the only ones that can really use it, unless it also work on Zn'+Z? I also wonder if the Defense boost only happened because you put it up against a smash attacker on a short driver, what would happen against something like bL.Gn?

If Hurricane really is so good at Burst Defense, how would something like gF.Hr.Br match up against bL.Gn/0U.Om? This is at least one of the parts we can good a sense of how it performs from someone who only has TT parts.

(Dec. 30, 2020  6:10 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Aside from the testing not really showing mirror matches to compare Hurricane to core disc + frame, I don't really see Hurricane getting unbanned because a core disc + frame is better anyways, so there wouldn't be much benefit from adding an exception clause in the rules.

I don't think it's overpowered either since it was outclassed on release by 00W, but the exception clause in the rules is something I think is worth seriously considering at least for a few trial events during the experimental period. As I understand the Limited meta at the moment, I think unbanning a few of the GT Disks could be healthy for it? I've definitely mentioned in the past that Atomic/Atomic-S/Orbit/Orbit Metal could use the buff Sting would give them, which would make Ab-S a little less powerful. It'd also sure be more interesting than seeing 0/00 + Frame on everything.
(Jan. 01, 2021  7:59 PM)Wombat Wrote:

I don't think it's overpowered either since it was outclassed on release by 00W, but the exception clause in the rules is something I think is worth seriously considering at least for a few trial events during the experimental period. As I understand the Limited meta at the moment, I think unbanning a few of the GT Disks could be healthy for it? I've definitely mentioned in the past that Atomic/Atomic-S/Orbit/Orbit Metal could use the buff Sting would give them, which would make Ab-S a little less powerful. It'd also sure be more interesting than seeing 0/00 + Frame on everything.

I'm not sure how seeing Sting and Blitz used on everything would be more interesting than Outer and 0/10/00 with a frame (Axe, Bump, Cross, Star, Glaive).
(Jan. 01, 2021  7:59 PM)Wombat Wrote: Isn't Hurricane supposed to be good on left spin Bearing only? Since only the TT Bearing is unbanned, that makes dF or gF the only ones that can really use it, unless it also work on Zn'+Z? I also wonder if the Defense boost only happened because you put it up against a smash attacker on a short driver, what would happen against something like bL.Gn?

If Hurricane really is so good at Burst Defense, how would something like gF.Hr.Br match up against bL.Gn/0U.Om? This is at least one of the parts we can good a sense of how it performs from someone who only has TT parts.

I never knew hurricane was good on Bearing, I figured that since bearing needed a low Centre of Gravity, hurricane would not work that well.
I also think that that anti-attack effect of hurricane is mainly atomic, light enough to roll away to avert damage.
However I'm pretty sure if sting was allowed it could possibly beneficial, the extra weight may decrease burst resistance especially god layers. But that's as good as saying unban wheel, so perhaps wait until we get a clearer picture

I have Om but I don't have under, could I substitute it for Bump? I'll do testing for that
(Jan. 02, 2021  1:32 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:
(Jan. 01, 2021  7:59 PM)Wombat Wrote: Isn't Hurricane supposed to be good on left spin Bearing only? Since only the TT Bearing is unbanned, that makes dF or gF the only ones that can really use it, unless it also work on Zn'+Z? I also wonder if the Defense boost only happened because you put it up against a smash attacker on a short driver, what would happen against something like bL.Gn?

I never knew hurricane was good on Bearing, I figured that since bearing needed a low Centre of Gravity, hurricane would not work that well.
I also think that that anti-attack effect of hurricane is mainly atomic, light enough to roll away to avert damage.
However I'm pretty sure if sting was allowed it could possibly beneficial, the extra weight may decrease burst resistance especially god layers. But that's as good as saying unban wheel, so perhaps wait until we get a clearer picture

I have Om but I don't have under, could I substitute it for Bump? I'll do testing for that

Go ahead, but if you have Glaive that works too. I forgot that I preferred it on that combo, just because I tested a few of these matchups just now:

LC Bloody Longinus 0Glaive Orbit Metal vs. Geist Fafnir Hurricane Bearing
bL.0G.Om: 1 win (OS)
gF.Hr.Br:  9 wins (all OS)
1 tie redone
gF.Hr.Br win rate: 90%

LC Bloody Longinus 0Glaive Orbit Metal vs. Geist Fafnir 00Wall Bearing
bL.0G.Om: 6 wins (4 OS 2 Burst)
gF.00W.Br: 4 wins (all OS)
1 tie redone
gF.00W.Br win rate: 40%

LC Bloody Longinus 00Cross Hunter' vs. Geist Fafnir Hurricane Bearing
bL.00C.Hn': 7 wins (2 KO 5 Burst)
gF.Hr.Br: 13 wins (all OS)
gF.Hr.Br win rate: 65%

LC Bloody Longinus 00Cross Hunter' vs. Geist Fafnir 00Wall Bearing
bL.00C.Hn': 16 wins (4 KO 2 OS 10 Burst)
gF.00W.Br: 4 wins (1 KO 3 OS)
gF.00W.Br win rate: 20%

Wow, not only did the free spinning part on Hurricane increase the Burst Resistance (I didn't count clicks, but there was a noticeable difference), but it also made the combo more resistant to destabilization as well. Since it's a bit smaller than Wall in diameter Bearing could precess at a bit, uh, wider ranges of stadium to combo angles without scraping, and when it did, the free spinning thing reduced the spin lost when that happened.

LC Bloody Longinus 00Cross Hunter' vs. Geist Fafnir Hurricane Atomic
bL.00C.Hn': 5 wins (2 KO 3 Burst)
gF.Hr.At: 15 wins (2 KO 13 OS)
gF.Hr.At win rate: 75%

LC Bloody Longinus 00Cross Hunter' vs. Geist Fafnir 00Expand Atomic
bL.00C.Hn': 7 wins (1 KO 6 Burst)
gF.00W.Br: 13 wins (2 KO 11 OS)
gF.00E.At win rate: 65%

I decided to test it out on Atomic too, and while I thought the free spinning ring might get in the way and make it scrape, it was surprisingly successful. I can't imagine Hurricane having better same or opposite spin stamina than Expand on Atomic, though. I wonder if these results compare to something that Twin Nemesis could achieve against Monster on At-S, in the opposite spin direction.

(Jan. 01, 2021  8:59 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Jan. 01, 2021  7:59 PM)Wombat Wrote: I don't think it's overpowered either since it was outclassed on release by 00W, but the exception clause in the rules is something I think is worth seriously considering at least for a few trial events during the experimental period. As I understand the Limited meta at the moment, I think unbanning a few of the GT Disks could be healthy for it? I've definitely mentioned in the past that Atomic/Atomic-S/Orbit/Orbit Metal could use the buff Sting would give them, which would make Ab-S a little less powerful. It'd also sure be more interesting than seeing 0/00 + Frame on everything.

I'm not sure how seeing Sting and Blitz used on everything would be more interesting than Outer and 0/10/00 with a frame (Axe, Bump, Cross, Star, Glaive).

Not necessarily on everything, I don't think Sting or Blitz would be a very could choice for combos using Ab-S/Br/Ds'/a bunch of other viable Drivers, so I think things like Expand, Cross, and Wall would still have their place, as opposed to Wheel, which I feel like would just outclass everything.

Blitz could buff Destabilizers and Burst Attack/Defense, which are mostly just same spin types and help distinguish them from same spin Stamina combos which would use Sting, while if you wanted your At/At-S to have a better opposite spin performance you would use Expand. Depending on whether hK needs to be spinning real fast or moving real fast to maximize its 3 seconds of attack power, either Blitz or Sting could also work on it.
(Jan. 03, 2021  12:48 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jan. 02, 2021  1:32 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: I never knew hurricane was good on Bearing, I figured that since bearing needed a low Centre of Gravity, hurricane would not work that well.

Go ahead, but if you have Glaive that works too. I forgot that I preferred it on that combo, just because I tested a few of these matchups just now:

LC Bloody Longinus 0Glaive Orbit Metal vs. Geist Fafnir Hurricane Bearing
bL.0G.Om: 1 win (OS)
gF.Hr.Br:  9 wins (all OS)
1 tie redone
gF.Hr.Br win rate: 90%

LC Bloody Longinus 0Glaive Orbit Metal vs. Geist Fafnir 00Wall Bearing
bL.0G.Om: 6 wins (4 OS 2 Burst)
gF.00W.Br: 4 wins (all OS)
1 tie redone
gF.00W.Br win rate: 40%

LC Bloody Longinus 00Cross Hunter' vs. Geist Fafnir Hurricane Bearing
bL.00C.Hn': 7 wins (2 KO 5 Burst)
gF.Hr.Br:  13 wins (all OS)
gF.Hr.Br win rate: 65%

LC Bloody Longinus 00Cross Hunter' vs. Geist Fafnir 00Wall Bearing
bL.00C.Hn': 16 wins (4 KO 2 OS 10 Burst)
gF.00W.Br: 4 wins (1 KO 3 OS)
gF.00W.Br win rate: 20%

Wow, not only did the free spinning part on Hurricane increase the Burst Resistance (I didn't count clicks, but there was a noticeable difference), but it also made the combo more resistant to destabilization as well. Since it's a bit smaller than Wall in diameter Bearing could precess at a bit, uh, wider ranges of stadium to combo angles without scraping, and when it did, the free spinning thing reduced the spin lost when that happened.

LC Bloody Longinus 00Cross Hunter' vs. Geist Fafnir Hurricane Atomic
bL.00C.Hn': 5 wins (2 KO 3 Burst)
gF.Hr.At:  15 wins (2 KO 13 OS)
gF.Hr.At win rate: 75%

LC Bloody Longinus 00Cross Hunter' vs. Geist Fafnir 00Expand Atomic
bL.00C.Hn': 7 wins (1 KO 6 Burst)
gF.00W.Br: 13 wins (2 KO 11 OS)
gF.00E.At win rate: 65%

I decided to test it out on Atomic too, and while I thought the free spinning ring might get in the way and make it scrape, it was surprisingly successful. I can't imagine Hurricane having better same or opposite spin stamina than Expand on Atomic, though. I wonder if these results compare to something that Twin Nemesis could achieve against Monster on At-S, in the opposite spin direction.

(Jan. 01, 2021  8:59 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote: I'm not sure how seeing Sting and Blitz used on everything would be more interesting than Outer and 0/10/00 with a frame (Axe, Bump, Cross, Star, Glaive).

Not necessarily on everything, I don't think Sting or Blitz would be a very could choice for combos using Ab-S/Br/Ds'/a bunch of other viable Drivers, so I think things like Expand, Cross, and Wall would still have their place, as opposed to Wheel, which I feel like would just outclass everything.

Blitz could buff Destabilizers and Burst Attack/Defense, which are mostly just same spin types and help distinguish them from same spin Stamina combos which would use Sting, while if you wanted your At/At-S to have a better opposite spin performance you would use Expand. Depending on whether hK needs to be spinning real fast or moving real fast to maximize its 3 seconds of attack power, either Blitz or Sting could also work on it.

Hmmmm well now that we know Hurricane had like insane defence, we need to find out if it's addable.
For sting and blitz, I feel that even though 00+Frame is better for weight, probably not, Blitz is quite adept at a multitude of things, Plus, I think more testing has to be done on the impact for Drivers like Dimension' or Revolve which are now rarely in Competitions.
I'm reviving this thread, Wombat I think I'd like to know whether Hurricane is gonna be unbanned