[Takara Tomy]  Glide Ragnaruk Testing and Discussion

I've got fair success on GRg.10.Zn 1S (Helios Sparking Chip Core) with a somehow manageable Burst resistance. Good against semi-meta spin-equalizers and can go toe-to-toe against pP on Xt+

I swapped the Chip Core since I thought it may provide a bit more Burst resistance. It on Wheel is good enough, but considering we only have 1S as a Single Chassis, we have quite limited parts to pair it with atm.

Another experimental combo is using the tested combos for Crash: 00U/E.Z'/Ds' though I wanted to get the "Ragnaruk Zone" pun into the combo hence I stuck with the one above lol
Glide Hyperion Wheel Bearing 1S (with Hyperion chip core)
(Apr. 14, 2020  10:06 PM)Dacatman Wrote: Glide Hyperion Wheel Bearing 1S (with Hyperion chip core)

Against what? Also I only have one Sparking Beyblade right now, and it is Glide Ragnaruk.
(Apr. 14, 2020  10:07 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2020  10:06 PM)Dacatman Wrote: Glide Hyperion Wheel Bearing 1S (with Hyperion chip core)

Against what? Also I only have one Sparking Beyblade right now, and it is Glide Ragnaruk.

Ok, just do Glide Ragnurok Wheel (or 00Cross) Bearing 1S
(Apr. 14, 2020  10:09 PM)Dacatman Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2020  10:07 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Against what? Also I only have one Sparking Beyblade right now, and it is Glide Ragnaruk.

Ok, just do Glide Ragnurok Wheel (or 00Cross) Bearing 1S

Against what? I can’t do a test if you do not tell me what to put it up against.
(Apr. 14, 2020  10:10 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2020  10:09 PM)Dacatman Wrote: Ok, just do Glide Ragnurok Wheel (or 00Cross) Bearing 1S

Against what? I can’t do a test if you do not tell me what to put it up against.

Zwei Diabolos Sting Charge
Okay thank You. The opposite extreme test now:

Glide Ragnaruk 12 Atomic 1S vs. Judgement Diabolos Sting Quick'

12 having half the weight of Wheel, that combo should have much better burst resistance. If you dont have 12, use 11 instead.
Would Glide Ragnaruk 0 1S Bearing be a good combo. If anybody can, test is please?
Yes would be a good combo. Which Frame to put on 0 Disc?
(Apr. 14, 2020  10:52 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: Okay thank You. The opposite extreme test now:

12 having half the weight of Wheel, that combo should have much better burst resistance. If you dont have 12, use 11 instead.
Dude you are going to shread Judgement Diabolos with the 12 disc.
The only useful part in this bey is wheel disc. Can you test this:
Id.Wh.V' vs Grg Vn Br 1S
Mb.Wh.Xt+ vs Grg Vn Br 1S
(Apr. 16, 2020  3:05 PM)kontotbey Wrote: The only useful part in this bey is wheel disc. Can you test this:
Id.Wh.V' vs Grg Vn Br 1S
Mb.Wh.Xt+ vs Grg Vn Br 1S
I don’t have Imperial Dragon or Variable’.
Of course put a frame on 12.

(Apr. 16, 2020  1:59 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2020  10:52 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: Okay thank You. The opposite extreme test now:

Dude you are going to shread Judgement Diabolos with the 12 disc.
(Apr. 16, 2020  3:31 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: i dont think so. But of course put a frame on 12. Disc to 

(Apr. 16, 2020  1:59 PM)g2_ Wrote: Dude you are going to shread Judgement Diabolos with the 12 disc.

You realize the layers are too heavy for any burst resistance increase that comes from the disc to be effective, right?
A weight difference of 14 grams is a lot. And not the layers weight is important for burst resistance but the discs weight, and the spring strongness of the driver. These are physical basics regarding inertia.
(Apr. 16, 2020  4:50 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: A weight difference of 14 grams is a lot. And not the layers weight is important for burst resistance but the discs weight, and the spring strongness of the driver. These are physical basics regarding inertia.

Do you know why things like armed and down didn’t see use after God layers came out? It’s because the layers began to get heavier to the point where a lighter disc didn’t matter anymore for burst resistance. Regardless, this is kind of off topic anyways.
Maybe You are right. Let's do the testing and find out.
I propose Cross or Glaive as frames. 12 without frame is illegal, right.
12 just sucks, no one should ever use it.
GRg big weakness is that he bursts often (as can be seen in many YT videos of Jojo, Drago etc. - especially against SHy or even JJ). We need a heavy top (which we have with the new superking semi-chassis 1S) and a lightweight bottom with... for example 12. Jojo achieveved something similar by swapping 1S with 1A and thus removing the heavy Wheel disc from GRg. Inertia theory: in case of a collisin the top stops to spin,  but the disc continues spinning -> impact force leads to skipped teeth. 

Empty your mind... if You put water into a cup it becomes the cup.

Never say a part is totally useless. Instead think about new combos. It is easy to quote wikis, but hard to find innovative combos.

And now stop arguing... start testing :-)
(Apr. 17, 2020  8:47 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: GRg big weakness is that he bursts often (as can be seen in many YT videos of Jojo, Drago etc. - especially against SHy or even JJ). We need a heavy top (which we have with the new superking semi-chassis 1S) and a lightweight bottom with... for example 12. Jojo achieveved something similar by swapping 1S with 1A and thus removing the heavy Wheel disc from GRg. Inertia theory: in case of a collisin the top stops to spin,  but the disc continues spinning -> impact force leads to skipped teeth. 

Never say a part is totally useless. Instead think about new combos. It is easy to quote wikis, but hard to find innovative combos.

Most Beys are not Burst-resistant. I've been trying GRg.10.Zn 1S and having fair success with it mainly against spin equalizers and most tornado stallers. If you want to heighten the Burst resistance without sacrificing OWD, try 8 or 8', or for a bit balanced input, 7.
(Apr. 18, 2020  3:59 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Apr. 17, 2020  8:47 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: GRg big weakness is that he bursts often (as can be seen in many YT videos of Jojo, Drago etc. - especially against SHy or even JJ). We need a heavy top (which we have with the new superking semi-chassis 1S) and a lightweight bottom with... for example 12. Jojo achieveved something similar by swapping 1S with 1A and thus removing the heavy Wheel disc from GRg. Inertia theory: in case of a collisin the top stops to spin,  but the disc continues spinning -> impact force leads to skipped teeth. 

Most Beys are not Burst-resistant. I've been trying GRg.10.Zn 1S and having fair success with it mainly against spin equalizers and most tornado stallers. If you want to heighten the Burst resistance without sacrificing OWD, try 8 or 8', or for a bit balanced input, 7.

8' and 7 is fair. 8 is not a good idea. It had plenty of burst issues until the Cho-Z era, but I'm fairly sure it'll still have problems on these kinds of combos.

I’m about to get to some testing now, but you have to realize that removing so much weight from a combo is gonna end up making the combo easy to KO, and the thing is, GRg only usually bursts against attack combos, so defense and stamina combos aren’t an issue for it, so it’s burst resistance isn’t a big enough issue to do that. You just have to know your opponent and make sure to use it when you know they aren’t going to use an attack type. Also, is there a combo you wanted me to test it against?

Edit: Nevermind I already see one you posted earlier.

(Apr. 14, 2020  10:14 PM)Dacatman Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2020  10:10 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Against what? I can’t do a test if you do not tell me what to put it up against.

Zwei Diabolos Sting Charge

Glide Ragnaruk Wheel Bearing 1S Vs Zwei Diabolos Sting Charge

Glide Ragnaruk 12Cross Atomic 1S Vs Judgement Diabolos Sting Quick’
Well, thank You. At least it had 4 wins out of ten rounds. But You are right, one would not chose GRg versus an attacking bey.

I was just curious about the performance of 12 disc and it did not fail totally.
(Apr. 18, 2020  11:27 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: Well, thank You. At least it had 4 wins out of ten rounds. But You are right, one would not chose GRg versus an attacking bey.

I was just curious about the performance of 12 disc and it did not fail totally.

A Double Chassis makes the Attack Type matchup more bearable because it strengthens Burst Resistance more than 12 ever could and allows it to retain a lot of weight.
Has anyone tested GRg on stalling dash drivers like Z’ A’ etc? It seems to have a good shape for that and putting in it on something tighter than most drivers with maybe a disk like Outer to increase the Burst resistance and maybe stability because I have seen Wheel being a bit wobbly.