[Takara Tomy]  Generate Testing and Discussion

A thread for Generate testing and discussion of the part.
Lord Spriggan Generate (Left Spin) Vs Balkesh B3 0Wall Bearing
Lord Spriggan Generate (Right Spin) Vs Master Bahamut Sting Bearing
Judgement Diabolos Generate Vs Master Achilles Hybrid
Prime Apocalypse Generate Vs Lord Spriggan 0Cross Xtend+ (Left Spin and Right Spin)
Let me know some combos you would like me to use with Generate. Just make sure to give me a combo to test it against, or else I will not test the combo. Feel free to do your own testing as well. Also do not ask me to test Perfect Phoenix as I do not have the layer.
(Jan. 12, 2020  9:09 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: A thread for Generate testing and discussion of the part.

Lord Spriggan Generate (Left Spin) Vs Balkesh B3 0Wall Bearing. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Lord Spriggan Generate: 40% (4 OS’)

Balkesh B3 0Wall Bearing: 60% (6 OS’)

With enough contact, Generate seems to have decent same spin stamina, however it takes a good launch to pull it off. It seems like it could be a decent counter to Balkesh B3 0Wall Bearing. 

Let me know some combos you would like me to use with Generate. Just make sure to give me a combo to test it against, or else I will not test the combo. Feel free to do your own testing as well.

Maybe use the judgment or wizard layer base,sorry I don’t have a full combo idea
(Jan. 12, 2020  9:25 PM)The Rex Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2020  9:09 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: A thread for Generate testing and discussion of the part.

Lord Spriggan Generate (Left Spin) Vs Balkesh B3 0Wall Bearing. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Lord Spriggan Generate: 40% (4 OS’)

Balkesh B3 0Wall Bearing: 60% (6 OS’)

With enough contact, Generate seems to have decent same spin stamina, however it takes a good launch to pull it off. It seems like it could be a decent counter to Balkesh B3 0Wall Bearing. 

Let me know some combos you would like me to use with Generate. Just make sure to give me a combo to test it against, or else I will not test the combo. Feel free to do your own testing as well.

Maybe use the judgment or wizard layer base,sorry I don’t have a full combo idea

You need a combo to put it up against.
(Jan. 12, 2020  9:26 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2020  9:25 PM)The Rex Wrote: Maybe use the judgment or wizard layer base,sorry I don’t have a full combo idea

You need a combo to put it up against.

Master Achilles,ignition’
(Jan. 12, 2020  9:27 PM)The Rex Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2020  9:26 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: You need a combo to put it up against.

Master Achilles,ignition’

I don’t have ignition’ but I do have Hybrid.
(Jan. 12, 2020  9:32 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2020  9:27 PM)The Rex Wrote: Master Achilles,ignition’

I don’t have ignition’ but I do have Hybrid.
Ok
(Jan. 12, 2020  9:33 PM)The Rex Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2020  9:32 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: I don’t have ignition’ but I do have Hybrid.
Ok

Does that mean you want to replace ignition’ with hybrid?
(Jan. 12, 2020  9:35 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2020  9:33 PM)The Rex Wrote: Ok

Does that mean you want to replace ignition’ with hybrid?

Yea
Let’s try using Zwei instead, it packs a punch and ends off with some stamina.
Lord Spriggan Generate (Right Spin) Vs Master Bahamut Sting Bearing. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Lord Spriggan Generate: 0%

Master Bahamut Sting Bearing: 100% (9 OS’ 1 KO)

There were a few ties, but overall I judged wrong when I though LS Gn could be a good counter to MB Ar/St Br.
Judgement Diabolos Generate Vs Master Achilles Hybrid. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Judgement Diabolos Generate: 10% (1 KO)

Master Achilles Hybrid: 90% (3 KO’s 2 Burst’s 4 OS’)

Judgement Diabolos on Generate has too weak of clicks to be that good. Master Achilles Hybrid probably isn’t that good of a combo but further testing would have to be done to be sure.
Yea... try (LC) aH.Gn on both left and right spin meta combos you can manage. It is quite decent and has varying results and almost never Bursted even against Judgment/Zwei/Lord combos I used.
Prime Apocalypse Generate Vs Lord Spriggan 0Cross Xtend+ (Left Spin). I did ten rounds.

Results:

Prime Apocalypse Generate: 0%

Lord Spriggan 0Cross Xtend+: 100% (10 OS)

As expected, it was outspun every single time. So I tried again with Lord Spriggan in right spin. Here are the results:

Prime Apocalypse Generate: 20%

Lord Spriggan 0Cross Xtend+: 80%

It seems like tornado stalling with the Generate driver can work. If you can do a little to no contact with the stadium launch, and let the generate driver tornado stall, it can outspin Lord Spriggan. Still, I was unable to do it that much, which is why Lord Spriggan won so often.

(Jan. 15, 2020  6:42 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Yea... try (LC) aH.Gn on both left and right spin meta combos you can manage. It is quite decent and has varying results and almost never Bursted even against Judgment/Zwei/Lord combos I used.

I don’t have a level chip, but I tried the combo anyway against Lord Spriggan 0Cross Xtend+ in left spin. Here are the results:

Archer Hercules Generate: 0%

Lord Spriggan 0Cross Xtend+: 100% (10 OS)

I tried again but with Lord Spriggan in right spin. Here are the results:

Archer Hercules Generate: 20%

Lord Spriggan 0Cross Xtend+: 80%

The test results were identical to Apocalypse’s, but this time the Generate combo was able to not hit the stadium wall as much. It was still outspun most of the time though. Maybe a level chip would have helped. I’m not getting one unless I get Perfect Phoenix, though.
I've tested too for fun, my results are similar with aH.
In right spin, if aH gets some good hits at launch, it can win.
In left spin, LS wins by LAD nearly all the time.

LC.aH.Gn = 5 wins (5 OS)
Right.LS.0C.Xt+ = 5 wins (5 OS)

LC.aH.Gn = 0 win (0 OS)
Left.LS.0C.Xt+ = 10 wins (9 OS, 1 KO)
For the tests with aH.Gn, how about trying to slide launch it after launching the LS combo?

From my own unrecorded test launches, aH will tend to Burst only against combos on tall Drivers, but will almost always win via KO or Spin Finish against most meta combos.

Might do my own recorded tests once I get home from work and finish up my turn for taking care of our baby daughter lol
(Jan. 21, 2020  2:28 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: For the tests with aH.Gn, how about trying to slide launch it after launching the LS combo?

From my own unrecorded test launches, aH will tend to Burst only against combos on tall Drivers, but will almost always win via KO or Spin Finish against most meta combos.

Might do my own recorded tests once I get home from work and finish up my turn for taking care of our baby daughter lol

Alright, I could do a test with a slide launch.
(Jan. 21, 2020  2:31 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2020  2:28 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: For the tests with aH.Gn, how about trying to slide launch it after launching the LS combo?

Alright, I could do a test with a slide launch.

When doing the slide launch, try aiming for the walls, not the pockets lol

And when using left spins, try soft launching them especially if on stamina Drivers to see how effective/not effective aH is. Because from my quick test match-ups, aH really dominates as long as it gets 1st hit ricochet
(Jan. 21, 2020  3:18 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2020  2:31 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Alright, I could do a test with a slide launch.

When doing the slide launch, try aiming for the walls, not the pockets lol

Of course, otherwise the wins would be looking good for LS.
(Jan. 21, 2020  3:20 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2020  3:18 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: When doing the slide launch, try aiming for the walls, not the pockets lol

Of course, otherwise the wins would be looking good for LS.

Just to add though, it may be because my copy of Gn has its attack mode rim a bit worn down (enough to have smoother/rounder edge compared to it being mint), so that may be a contributing factor as to why my copy seems to work wonders for me.

I was fooling around with the stock combo (for both left and right spin modes), and I launch fairly hard all the time. Another thing to note is that my copy has the stamina tip not in the center (like, if the normal tip should be like "|v|", mine is like "|v |" where there's less than a millimeter space in between the white tip and red rim), so it may have less stamina potential compared to the copy you have.
(Jan. 21, 2020  5:51 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2020  3:20 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Of course, otherwise the wins would be looking good for LS.

Just to add though, it may be because my copy of Gn has its attack mode rim a bit worn down (enough to have smoother/rounder edge compared to it being mint), so that may be a contributing factor as to why my copy seems to work wonders for me.

I was fooling around with the stock combo (for both left and right spin modes), and I launch fairly hard all the time. Another thing to note is that my copy has the stamina tip not in the center (like, if the normal tip should be like "|v|", mine is like "|v |" where there's less than a millimeter space in between the white tip and red rim), so it may have less stamina potential compared to the copy you have.
Hmm, some worn drivers do have potential. Still, I’ll do the test later today.

Archer Hercules Generate (Sliding Shoot) Vs Lord Spriggan 0Cross Xtend+. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Archer Hercules Generate: 60% (4 KO 2 OS)

Lord Spriggan 0Cross Xtend+: 40% (4 OS)

A couple of sliding shoots on aH didn’t work, but overall if it did successfully work it would either hit LS so hard it would outspin it or it would KO it. Generate does well with a sliding shoot. So I’ll keep that in mind when I do more testing.
Can you try regalia genesis generate