[Takara Tomy]  Drift Driver Testing and Discussion

(Apr. 06, 2021  10:19 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: K.. Lets try Tempest Lucifer2 Wheel Drift 1S vs World Solomon Bearing 2B (MCC, Free Spin)

*if you don't have Solomon, you can just use Hyperion2. Im fine with either.*

I bought Death Solomon earlier today, I believe I'll have it by Saturday. Would you like me to wait, or should I go ahead and do the test with Hyperion2?
(Apr. 06, 2021  10:20 PM)LJ-Blader Wrote: Based on testing does anyone thing drift over extend+? I am really not sure...

My personal and public testing has concluded that Drift is the best driver for opposite spin, so I'd definitely use it over Xtend+.
(Apr. 06, 2021  10:20 PM)LJ-Blader Wrote: Based on testing does anyone thing drift over extend+? I am really not sure...

Yeah, Drift has better LAD, and as some other users mentioned above, it also has decent same spin performance with Wheel.
(Apr. 06, 2021  10:27 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Apr. 06, 2021  10:19 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: K.. Lets try Tempest Lucifer2 Wheel Drift 1S vs World Solomon Bearing 2B (MCC, Free Spin)

*if you don't have Solomon, you can just use Hyperion2. Im fine with either.*

I bought Death Solomon earlier today, I believe I'll have it by Saturday. Would you like me to wait, or should I go ahead and do the test with Hyperion2?

My personal and public testing has concluded that Drift is the best driver for opposite spin, so I'd definitely use it over Xtend+.

You can just wait, since Solomon is probably the better option.
I’ve done some personal testing a lot, and I really like it on Wheel. I think Master is better than World for Drift though, as Master is more defensive and has just as good stamina, if I recall correctly.

It’ll be interesting seeing this in the new stadium. I think that it can help Drift because more space for it to move around on a BDL (Bad Drift Launch, Drift is used so frequently but takes a bit of practice to really nail down, GDL is the counterpart, easy to figure that one out, so uh I came up with it and uh yeah, back to the part where I’m less dumb) so less self-KOs, but also because it can move around more, it has more space to waste stamina, as when Drift goes around the stadium like that, it really drains stamina, and that’s not good.

Nice testing going on here, I’ll be sure to help test it out in the new DB stadium when it comes out
(Apr. 06, 2021  10:57 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I’ve done some personal testing a lot, and I really like it on Wheel. I think Master is better than World for Drift though, as Master is more defensive and has just as good stamina, if I recall correctly.

It’ll be interesting seeing this in the new stadium. I think that it can help Drift because more space for it to move around on a BDL (Bad Drift Launch, Drift is used so frequently but takes a bit of practice to really nail down, GDL is the counterpart, easy to figure that one out, so uh I came up with it and uh yeah, back to the part where I’m less dumb) so less self-KOs, but also because it can move around more, it has more space to waste stamina, as when Drift goes around the stadium like that, it really drains stamina, and that’s not good.

Nice testing going on here, I’ll be sure to help test it out in the new DB stadium when it comes out

Master may be better, though I don't have two Master bases, so that's why I'm using World for opposite spin comparisons. I've also had my Master burst to Judgement a couple times, so I'm a little reluctant when it comes to using it. Really like those acronyms, I couldn't agree with the concept more haha. GDLs are definitely tricky to get the hang of, but once you do, it's pretty much unstoppable.

Thanks!
(Apr. 06, 2021  10:11 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Apr. 06, 2021  3:22 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Woah it shut down Mirage Fafnir and Curse...
Thanks for the insightful tests.

Oh wait your 2D is awakened. No wonder. The rubber is very good for this Mirage combo so without it it lost.

Are you...kidding me? It doesn’t matter that they’re made of rubber, #Fafnir has done several tests with awakened 2D, and awakened 2D is definitely better than regular 2D. If anything, the rubber wings cause stamina loss due to scraping.

Huh? But in Opp spin the rubber is beneficial for Spin Equalisation.

I know that Bearing cannot compare to Drift
However that Mirage Combo with a un-awakened 2D has helped me to equalise and tie with drift combos
Please try Spriggan Volcano Ou Drift vs Rage Spriggan Quick' 3A

If don't have Quick' replace with Xtreme', Xceed', or Evolution'

Abyss Spriggan 00Cross Drift 1S vs World Spriggan 00Cross Zone+Z 1S
(Apr. 07, 2021  6:54 AM)KerbeusKmie Wrote: Please try Spriggan Volcano Ou Drift vs Rage Spriggan Quick' 3A

If don't have Quick' replace with Xtreme', Xceed', or Evolution'

Abyss Spriggan 00Cross Drift 1S vs World Spriggan 00Cross Zone+Z 1S

Spriggan Volcano Ou Drift VS Rage Spriggan Quick' 3A
Rage Spriggan Quick' 3A: 100% (5 KOs, 3 BF, 2 OS)
Spriggan Volcano Ou Drift: 0% (N/A)

Unfortunately, I'm not in possession of an Abyss Sparking ring.
DeltaZakuro, I received my Death Solomon about an hour ago, here's the test you requested:
Tempest Lucifer2 Wheel Drift 1S VS (MCC) World Solomon Bearing 2B (Defense)
Tempest Lucifer2: 100% (9 OS, 1 KO)
World Solomon: 0% (N/A)
Solomon Burn Ou Xceed' vs Tempest LuciferII Wheel Drift 1S
(Apr. 10, 2021  8:08 AM)KerbeusKmie Wrote: Solomon Burn Ou Xceed' vs Tempest LuciferII Wheel Drift 1S

(MCC) Solomon Burn Ou Xceed' VS Tempest Lucifer2 Wheel Drift 1S
Tempest Lucifer2: 90% (9 OS)
Solomon Burn: 10% (1 OS)
(MCC) Tempest Solomon Wheel 1S Xtend+ vs World Helios2 2B Drift
(Apr. 10, 2021  11:32 PM)BusyBlader Wrote: (MCC) Tempest Solomon Wheel 1S Xtend+ vs World Helios2 2B Drift

(MCC) Tempest Solomon Wheel Xtend+ (Stamina) 1S VS (MCC) World Helios2 Drift 2B (Defense)
World Helios2: 100% (10 OS)
Tempest Solomon: 0% (N/A)
I think it's worth noting that World was barely able to OS Tempest, and about five ties occurred over the span of the test.
if anyone is able to get their hands on Giga, can someone try World Spriggan Giga Drift 1S (Left) VS Mirage Helios2 Mobius 2B (MCC)
(Apr. 06, 2021  10:57 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I’ve done some personal testing a lot, and I really like it on Wheel. I think Master is better than World for Drift though, as Master is more defensive and has just as good stamina, if I recall correctly.

If the db stadium gets allowed for tournaments GDL becomes much less of a thing. I haven't had Drift self KO in that stadium no matter how hard I launch it.
(May. 07, 2021  9:26 PM)Lean's_Hedgehog Wrote:

If the db stadium gets allowed for tournaments GDL becomes much less of a thing. I haven't had Drift self KO in that stadium no matter how hard I launch it.

Even so, a GDL is needed to conserve stamina in same spin matches. It's how Wheel Drift combinations are able to OS Atomic/Orbit Metal 2A combinations.
Interesting observation though.
I'm finding that in the DB stadium a hard launch drift will hang out on the middle layer of the stadium until the spin slows and then it dives into the lower bowl with a fairly heavy attack, depending on the combo of course. Using The Lucifer The End stock combo I usually KO Rage stock when LtE drops in to the lower bowl. If it doesn't knock Rage out it does activate the limit break and LtE will outspin rage.
(May. 08, 2021  3:11 PM)Lean's_Hedgehog Wrote: I'm finding that in the DB stadium a hard launch drift will hang out on the middle layer of the stadium until the spin slows and then it dives into the lower bowl with a fairly heavy attack, depending on the combo of course. Using The Lucifer The End stock combo I usually KO Rage stock when LTE drops into the lower bowl. If it doesn't knock Rage out it does activate the limit break and LTE will outspin rage.

If you're looking for a DB stadium try eBay or beysandbricks
(May. 08, 2021  5:47 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote:
(May. 08, 2021  3:11 PM)Lean's_Hedgehog Wrote: I'm finding that in the DB stadium a hard launch drift will hang out on the middle layer of the stadium until the spin slows and then it dives into the lower bowl with a fairly heavy attack, depending on the combo of course. Using The Lucifer The End stock combo I usually KO Rage stock when LTE drops into the lower bowl. If it doesn't knock Rage out it does activate the limit break and LTE will outspin rage.

If you're looking for a DB stadium try eBay or beysandbricks

Lean's_Hedgehog has implied that they already own a Dynamite Battle stadium, and even if they don't have one, this isn't the place to address the matter.
Back on topic, I'll see if I can get my hands on a Giga disk to test the infamous World Spriggan Giga Drift 1S I continue to hear about.

Edit: A little update, I purchased a full set of RBV 25 and should have it by the end of the month; I'll be able to test World Spriggan Giga Drift 1S then.
(Apr. 27, 2021  11:10 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: if anyone is able to get their hands on Giga, can someone try World Spriggan Giga Drift 1S (Left) VS Mirage Helios2 Mobius 2B (MCC)

Apologies for the super late response, I’ll go ahead and do the test you requested:
(Left) World Spriggan Giga Drift 1S VS (MCC) Mirage Helios2 Mobius 2B. 10 rounds, launches alternated, ties redone.
World Spriggan: 80% (8 OS)
Mirage Helios2: 20% (2 OS)

Notes: World didn’t do too bad here, though because Giga hangs lower than Wheel on non-DB combinations, it’s a good bit harder to control.
I could help, but my drift is worn

There isn't too much difference but it stays in the centre easier