[Takara Tomy]  [DB] Ultimate Perseus Over High Xtend+'-9

Hello bladers! Its been awhile since I've posted any testing, but that changes today. This time, I'm back with combination tests rather than individual parts. So, without further or do, let's get into the combination this thread is about: Ultimate Perseus Over High Xtend+'-9.

I know, I know, it may seem a little odd at first. However, let me explain the thought process behind the combination:
I chose the Ultimate Perseus-9 layer for several reasons. The first of which is the weight and attack power it holds, which contributes to its ability to destabilize the opposing beyblade, rendering it a great pick for not just attack combinations, but stamina as well. I also chose Ultimate because of its ability to go head-to-head with Guilty combinations. The Over disk was picked after I chose the driver, High Xtend+', due to its weight and synergy with HXt+'. And then there's High Xtend+', the part that really makes this combination work. Due to it being a high driver, not only does it mitigate the problem its predecessor Xt+ had with the low-hanging DB disks, but it also has some solid destabilization potential as well. This, along with its high LAD and versatility, made it the perfect fit for the "Ultimate" balance combination. Now that the rant is finally over, let's actually look at some tests:

The first couple tests I did were to determine how well the combination does against popular Vanish LAD combinations

Ultimate Perseus Over High Xtend+'-9 (Defense mode) VS Vanish Longinus Giga Drift-2. 10 rounds, launches alternated, ties redone.
Ultimate Perseus: 50% (4 OS, 1 KO)
Vanish Longinus: 50% (5 OS)

Notes: These matches were incredibly close, I truly believe these two are neck-and-neck in terms of LAD. I may go back and do another ten rounds just to see what happens.

After seeing how it did VS Vanish Drift, I decided to see how it would hold up against Vanish on Bearing', another popular LAD combination in BST format.

Ultimate Perseus Over High Xtend+'-9 (Defense mode) VS Vanish Longinus Over Bearing'-2. 10 rounds, launches alternated, ties redone.
Ultimate Perseus: 80% (8 OS)
Vanish Longinus: 20% (2 OS)

Notes: I actually figured this would happen due to the Ultimate combo's destabilization capibilities, but what I didn't expect was for it to be as one-sided as it was. I wouldn't be surprised if the two OS Vanish managed to barely obtain were flukes either, as Ultimate usually won by several rotations. After witnessing this, I genuinely believe anything outside of Drift is going to have problems dealing with the combination in terms of opposite spin LAD.

Next, I decided to test the combination's same spin stamina:

Ultimate Perseus Over High Xtend+'-9 (Stamina mode) VS Dynamite Belial II (F-Gear) Over Orbit Metal-0. 10 rounds, launches alternated.
Ultimate Perseus: 60% (5 OS, 1 KO)
Dynamite Belial II: 40% (4 OS)

Notes: I used two DB launchers equipped with the power gear to run this one for consistency, and that was definitely a good call here. The matches were fairly close, and the outcome seems to depend mostly upon which combination is launched first, but I would say Ultimate actually had a slight edge over Dynamite. Ultimate hits hard, and with the ability to swap to more aggressive tips, I do have to wonder if Ultimate's win rate would be higher in official tournament matches in the hands of someone who knows how to use the combo.

The last test I did was VS Guilty on MX:

Ultimate Perseus Over High Xtend+' (Stamina mode) VS Guilty Longinus Legacy Metal Xtreme-2. 10 rounds, Guilty was always bank-launched second.
Guilty Longinus: 50% (5 KOs)

Notes: No, I don't suck at launching attack types lol. There was only one match where I failed the launch, and that did result in a win for Ultimate. Results are going to vary from person to person with different levels of control and Xtreme wear, but don't let that undermine the wins Ultimate received, as it really did earn them. The one KO it got wasn't a self KO from Guilty either, Ultimate actually knocked it out.

Feel free to test the combination yourself and post the results you get with it (I highly encourage you do, it's a fun combination and having more than one person do tests is always a good thing). I'll probably test the combination against Savior and Wheel Orbit Metal combinations next.
Very spicy combo! I would try to test it but I don’t have ultimate, high Xtend+’, or 9 so that’s that. And does the high driver make the ultimate blade not hit opponents as much? Or does the destabilization make up for that?
(Jan. 17, 2022  1:16 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Very spicy combo! I would try to test it but I don’t have ultimate, high Xtend+’, or 9 so that’s that. And does the high driver make the ultimate blade not hit opponents as much? Or does the destabilization make up for that?

High Xtend+' does have Ultimate making less contact than I'd like it to, but it's not enough to truly hold it back. The destabilization does seem to help mitigate it (At least in opposite spin), but I haven't truly done enough tests to speak for the effect it has on its' same spin performance.
(Jan. 17, 2022  1:19 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2022  1:16 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Very spicy combo! I would try to test it but I don’t have ultimate, high Xtend+’, or 9 so that’s that. And does the high driver make the ultimate blade not hit opponents as much? Or does the destabilization make up for that?

High Xtend+' does have Ultimate making less contact than I'd like it to, but it's not enough to truly hold it back. The destabilization does seem to help mitigate it (At least in opposite spin), but I haven't truly done enough tests to speak for the effect it has on its same spin performance.
Interesting. And this is a very versatile combo just from the tests shown. The only weakness I can thing ok is maybe something like opposite spin awakened mobius where it’s not short enough to get destabilized and will maybe have the LAD advantage against high Xtend+’, or maybe a same spin KO attacker that takes advantage of ultimates self recoil?
(Jan. 17, 2022  1:29 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2022  1:19 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: High Xtend+' does have Ultimate making less contact than I'd like it to, but it's not enough to truly hold it back. The destabilization does seem to help mitigate it (At least in opposite spin), but I haven't truly done enough tests to speak for the effect it has on its same spin performance.
Interesting. And this is a very versatile combo just from the tests shown. The only weakness I can thing ok is maybe something like opposite spin awakened mobius where it’s not short enough to get destabilized and will maybe have the LAD advantage against high Xtend+’, or maybe a same spin KO attacker that takes advantage of ultimates self recoil?

I actually happen to have an awakened Mobius I can test this with, I appreciate the recommendation! As for the same spin KO attacker, that's what I intend to find out when I put it against Savior sometime this next week. I'm thinking Savior Phoenix Legacy Metal Xtreme-3 and Vanish Longinus Nx+S Mb-0?
(Jan. 17, 2022  1:34 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2022  1:29 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Interesting. And this is a very versatile combo just from the tests shown. The only weakness I can thing ok is maybe something like opposite spin awakened mobius where it’s not short enough to get destabilized and will maybe have the LAD advantage against high Xtend+’, or maybe a same spin KO attacker that takes advantage of ultimates self recoil?

I actually happen to have an awakened Mobius I can test this with, I appreciate the recommendation! As for the same spin KO attacker, that's what I intend to find out when I put it against Savior sometime this next week. I'm thinking Savior Phoenix Legacy Metal Xtreme-3 and Vanish Longinus Nx+S Mb-0?
Cool! Just curious, why do you use legacy on your KO attackers instead of say giga or even nexus? And is metal xtreme your only xtreme driver, or are you just using it for the tests?
(Jan. 17, 2022  1:37 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2022  1:34 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: I actually happen to have an awakened Mobius I can test this with, I appreciate the recommendation! As for the same spin KO attacker, that's what I intend to find out when I put it against Savior sometime this next week. I'm thinking Savior Phoenix Legacy Metal Xtreme-3 and Vanish Longinus Nx+S Mb-0?
Cool! Just curious, why do you use legacy on your KO attackers instead of say giga or even nexus? And is metal xtreme your only xtreme driver, or are you just using it for the tests?

Legacy weighs slightly more than Nexus and feels more... intended for attack combinations than Giga and Over do, at least in my eyes; essentially personal preference. As for the reason I use MX, I do have an Xtreme', but I've used it quite a bit and I want to conserve what's left of it for tournaments.
I have been doing similar testing and might I recommend high mode with wheel. It lets more rubber be exposed and creates higher impacts/spin stealing ability.

This is me proving myself wrong...

Alternating Launches, Ultimate launched soft when launched second; hard when first

Vanish Longinus Tapered Bearing -9 vs. Ultimate Belial 2 Wheel Drift +3 (High Mode)
Vanish - 10% (1OS)
Ultimate - 30% (2OS, 1KO)
Ties - 60%

Vanish Longinus Tapered Bearing -9 vs. Ultimate Belial 2 Giga Drift - 3
Vanish - 20% (1OS, 1 KO)
Ultimate - 80% (7OS, 1KO)
No Ties

#Fafnir you might want to change this to Ultimate testing and discussion, just a thought :)
How does this combo go with the Valkyrie chip? It might be possible to make this combo from just 2 beys if Valkyrie also works.

Never Mind, the less metal probably doesn’t make that big of a difference, it’s only a slight advantage in weight. I’m more interested in how this combo works with gimmicky cores such as the original Valkyrie core or the Belial II Core.
Everything below is
Half Double Light Launch then Half Double Hard Launch
Ties Redone

Ultimate Valkyrie Over High Xtend+’ -3 vs Guilty Bahamut Giga Metal Drift -2

Guilty - 90% (4KO, 5IS)
Ultimate - 10% (1KO)

This hurts. Agreeing to #Fafnir’s results this combo does really well against anything that is not opposite spin drift, but the reality is that drift on left is just way to common.

Ultimate Belial 2 Giga Drift -3 vs Guilty Bahamut Giga Metal Drift -2

Guilty - 30% (2OS, 1KO)
Ultimate - 70% (5OS, 2KO)
One of Guilty’s OS was a fluke, Ultimate’s drift went haywire.
Most of Ultimate’s OS were by a good rotation or so.

Ultimate Belial 2 Wheel Drift -3 vs Guilty Bahamut Giga Metal Drift -2

Guilty - 20% (2OS)
Ultimate - 80% (4OS, 5KO)
Ultimate didn’t have as much recoil. Very accurate hits.
(Jan. 17, 2022  3:20 PM)LJ-Blader Wrote: Everything below is
Half Double Light Launch then Half Double Hard Launch
Ties Redone

Ultimate Valkyrie Over High Xtend+’ -3 vs Guilty Bahamut Giga Metal Drift -2

Guilty - 90% (4KO, 5IS)
Ultimate - 10% (1KO)

This hurts. Agreeing to #Fafnir’s results this combo does really well against anything that is not opposite spin drift, but the reality is that drift on left is just way to common.

Ultimate Belial 2 Giga Drift -3 vs Guilty Bahamut Giga Metal Drift -2

Guilty - 30% (2OS, 1KO)
Ultimate - 70% (5OS, 2KO)
One of Guilty’s OS was a fluke, Ultimate’s drift went haywire.
Most of Ultimate’s OS were by a good rotation or so.

Ultimate Belial 2 Wheel Drift -3 vs Guilty Bahamut Giga Metal Drift -2

Guilty - 20% (2OS)
Ultimate - 80% (4OS, 5KO)
Ultimate didn’t have as much recoil. Very accurate hits.

Interesting, very, very, very interesting. I wonder how well the combo works with venture +V. It’s probably not gonna do well against Drift, but hey it’s worth a shot. Let’s just see if there is a big difference in how it plays.
Hey #Fafnir, I know the combo eBay DBL2.Ov.Om-0 but since orbit scrapes a bit on lower discs could you test it against DBL2.Ov.Br’/Zn’+z-0?
(Jan. 17, 2022  3:58 AM)LJ-Blader Wrote: I have been doing similar testing and might I recommend high mode with wheel. It lets more rubber be exposed and creates higher impacts/spin stealing ability.

This is me proving myself wrong...

Alternating Launches, Ultimate launched soft when launched second; hard when first

Vanish Longinus Tapered Bearing -9 vs. Ultimate Belial 2 Wheel Drift +3 (High Mode)
Vanish - 10% (1OS)
Ultimate - 30% (2OS, 1KO)
Ties - 60%

Vanish Longinus Tapered Bearing -9 vs. Ultimate Belial 2 Giga Drift - 3
Vanish - 20% (1OS, 1 KO)
Ultimate - 80% (7OS, 1KO)
No Ties

#Fafnir you might want to change this to Ultimate testing and discussion, just a thought Smile

Haha yeah, those were my findings as well. Also, although I do understand the recommendation, I intended for this thread to be a discussion of this specific combination rather than the Ultimate blade as a whole. Discussion surrounding specific combinations used to be very common several years back but has died down in recent years; however, I'd like to revive it if possible. I'll create a separate thread later today for general Ultimate testing. Grin
(Jan. 17, 2022  4:53 AM)Orbit Wrote: How does this combo go with the Valkyrie chip? It might be possible to make this combo from just 2 beys if Valkyrie also works.

Never Mind, the less metal probably doesn’t make that big of a difference, it’s only a slight advantage in weight. I’m more interested in how this combo works with gimmicky cores such as the original Valkyrie core or the Belial II Core.

I would assume the metal on Perseus improves its same spin performance as well as opposite spin in comparison to Valkyrie II due to the latter's unbalanced nature, though I could be wrong. Valkyrie I might be interesting, but Belial II is likely a little worse than Perseus here.
(Jan. 17, 2022  3:20 PM)LJ-Blader Wrote:

Hmm, in regards to the first test, I wonder if it's because of Guilty's shape. Ultimate seemed to be nearly dead even with Vanish on Drift when I tested it yesterday, I'll have to try Guilty on Drift later. Ultimate on Drift seems interesting as well.
(Jan. 17, 2022  7:07 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Hey #Fafnir, I know the combo eBay DBL2.Ov.Om-0 but since orbit scrapes a bit on lower discs could you test it against DBL2.Ov.Br’/Zn’+z-0?

Absolutely. Yeah, the scraping is why I figured I'd give DBl2 Wheel Orbit Metal-0/L-Gear a go as well. I will say though, DBl2 didn't scrape a whole lot, so I don't expect too much of a difference in Ultimate's win rate.

Gonna go ahead and post this before I go to bed, I was able to run the following tests:

Ultimate Perseus Over High Xtend+’-9 VS Dynamite Belial II (F-Gear) Wheel Orbit Metal+0. 10 rounds, launches alternated, ties redone.
Ultimate Perseus: 70% (4 OS, 3 KOs)
Dynamite Belial II: 30% (3 OS)

Notes: Ultimate seemed to be able to knock Dynamite Belial around so much that it lost most of its spin. Wheel Orbit Metal does seem to have more same spin stamina than Over Orbit Metal, but in this case, the weight and different center of gravity seemed to make Dynamite Belial II (F-Gear) Wheel Orbit Metal+0 a slightly worse pick than Dynamite Belial II (F-Gear) Over Orbit Metal-0.

Ultimate Perseus Over High Xtend+’-9 VS Dynamite Belial II (F-Gear) Over Bearing’-0. 10 rounds, launches alternated, ties redone
Ultimate Perseus: 60% (6 KOs)

Notes: This was an interesting one for sure. I feel like the Dynamite combination had more raw same spin, but Ultimate managed to edge it out with some insane hits. There were multiple battles where Dynamite Ov Br’ would’ve burst had it not had the burst stopper, so against a Dynamite Ov Br’ combination without Belial II, I believe Ultimate would really shine.

I’ll have to do Guilty Drift and Savior VS Ultimate Perseus later this week, along with the general Ultimate blade tests I told LJ I would do.
I’ll be running more tests with the combo this weekend, I posted a few tests Monday night but I’m not sure if anyone has seen them so I’ll go ahead and re-post:
Ultimate Perseus Over High Xtend+’-9 VS Dynamite Belial II (F-Gear) Wheel Orbit Metal+0. 10 rounds, launches alternated, ties redone.
Notes: Ultimate seemed to be able to knock Dynamite Belial around so much that it lost most of its spin. Wheel Orbit Metal does seem to have more same spin stamina than Over Orbit Metal, but in this case, the weight and different center of gravity seemed to make Dynamite Belial II (F-Gear) Wheel Orbit Metal+0 a slightly worse pick than Dynamite Belial II (F-Gear) Over Orbit Metal-0.

Ultimate Perseus Over High Xtend+’-9 VS Dynamite Belial II (F-Gear) Over Bearing’-0. 10 rounds, launches alternated, ties redone
Notes: This was an interesting one for sure. I feel like the Dynamite combination had more raw same spin, but Ultimate managed to edge it out with some insane hits. There were multiple battles where Dynamite Ov Br’ would’ve burst had it not had the burst stopper, so against a Dynamite Ov Br’ combination without Belial II, I believe Ultimate would really shine.

Aside from Guilty Drift and Savior Xtreme tests I intend to do, does anyone have any specific requests?
(Jan. 22, 2022  5:38 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: I’ll be running more tests with the combo this weekend, I posted a few tests Monday night but I’m not sure if anyone has seen them so I’ll go ahead and re-post:

Aside from Guilty Drift and Savior Xtreme tests I intend to do, does anyone have any specific requests?

Could you try using the Valkyrie I chip and Venture +V on the combo?
(Jan. 17, 2022  7:58 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Ultimate Perseus Over High Xtend+’-9 VS Dynamite Belial II (F-Gear) Over Bearing’-0. 10 rounds, launches alternated, ties redone

I’ll have to do Guilty Drift and Savior VS Ultimate Perseus later this week, along with the general Ultimate blade tests I told LJ I would do.

It’s interesting that ultimate win only by KO’s. Would you say that when it turns into an endurance battle dynamite had the advantage? Because since Ultimate won only by KO’s but still won most of the battles I’m guessing a lot of the rounds were ultimate just hitting hard and knocking dynamite out, but the rounds that dynamite didn’t get knocked out it won by OS? So in a stamina match we’re neither bey gets KO’d who would you say had the advantage?
(Jan. 22, 2022  6:16 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2022  7:58 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Ultimate Perseus Over High Xtend+’-9 VS Dynamite Belial II (F-Gear) Over Bearing’-0. 10 rounds, launches alternated, ties redone

It’s interesting that ultimate win only by KO’s. Would you say that when it turns into an endurance battle dynamite had the advantage? Because since Ultimate won only by KO’s but still won most of the battles I’m guessing a lot of the rounds were ultimate just hitting hard and knocking dynamite out, but the rounds that dynamite didn’t get knocked out it won by OS? So in a stamina match we’re neither bey gets KO’d who would you say had the advantage?

I would definitely say that’s the case. As far as stamina goes, Dynamite had a clear advantage, but the entire reason I chose Ultimate as the blade for this combo was for its stamina AND attack, which really seemed to pay off here. Although I stuck with HXt+’ stamina mode for the sake of retaining consistency, defense (And maybe even attack if one feels confident enough in their control) would likely work best in a tournament setting.
(Jan. 22, 2022  6:12 PM)Orbit Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2022  5:38 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: I’ll be running more tests with the combo this weekend, I posted a few tests Monday night but I’m not sure if anyone has seen them so I’ll go ahead and re-post:

Could you try using the Valkyrie I chip and Venture +V on the combo?

I guess I could, but swapping HXt+’ for Vn+V sounds like a downgrade. Would you like me to use my new Venture or my “awakened” one?

Have you tried swapping HXt+' and Br' on both combos? It might make some difference.
(Jan. 17, 2022  1:08 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: Hello bladers! Its been awhile since I've posted any testing, but that changes today. This time, I'm back with combination tests rather than individual parts. So, without further or do, let's get into the combination this thread is about: Ultimate Perseus Over High Xtend+'-9.

I know, I know, it may seem a little odd at first. However, let me explain the thought process behind the combination:
I chose the Ultimate Perseus-9 layer for several reasons. The first of which is the weight and attack power it holds, which contributes to its ability to destabilize the opposing beyblade, rendering it a great pick for not just attack combinations, but stamina as well. I also chose Ultimate because of its ability to go head-to-head with Guilty combinations. The Over disk was picked after I chose the driver, High Xtend+', due to its weight and synergy with HXt+'. And then there's High Xtend+', the part that really makes this combination work. Due to it being a high driver, not only does it mitigate the problem its predecessor Xt+ had with the low-hanging DB disks, but it also has some solid destabilization potential as well. This, along with its high LAD and versatility, made it the perfect fit for the "Ultimate" balance combination. Now that the rant is finally over, let's actually look at some tests:

The first couple tests I did were to determine how well the combination does against popular Vanish LAD combinations

Ultimate Perseus Over High Xtend+'-9 (Defense mode) VS Vanish Longinus Giga Drift-2. 10 rounds, launches alternated, ties redone.
Vanish Longinus: 50% (5 OS)

Notes: These matches were incredibly close, I truly believe these two are neck-and-neck in terms of LAD. I may go back and do another ten rounds just to see what happens.

After seeing how it did VS Vanish Drift, I decided to see how it would hold up against Vanish on Bearing', another popular LAD combination in BST format.

Ultimate Perseus Over High Xtend+'-9 (Defense mode) VS Vanish Longinus Over Bearing'-2. 10 rounds, launches alternated, ties redone.
Ultimate Perseus: 80% (8 OS)
Vanish Longinus: 20% (2 OS)

Notes: I actually figured this would happen due to the Ultimate combo's destabilization capibilities, but what I didn't expect was for it to be as one-sided as it was. I wouldn't be surprised if the two OS Vanish managed to barely obtain were flukes either, as Ultimate usually won by several rotations. After witnessing this, I genuinely believe anything outside of Drift is going to have problems dealing with the combination in terms of opposite spin LAD.

Next, I decided to test the combination's same spin stamina:

Ultimate Perseus Over High Xtend+'-9 (Stamina mode) VS Dynamite Belial II (F-Gear) Over Orbit Metal-0. 10 rounds, launches alternated.
Ultimate Perseus: 60% (5 OS, 1 KO)

Notes: I used two DB launchers equipped with the power gear to run this one for consistency, and that was definitely a good call here. The matches were fairly close, and the outcome seems to depend mostly upon which combination is launched first, but I would say Ultimate actually had a slight edge over Dynamite. Ultimate hits hard, and with the ability to swap to more aggressive tips, I do have to wonder if Ultimate's win rate would be higher in official tournament matches in the hands of someone who knows how to use the combo.

The last test I did was VS Guilty on MX:

Ultimate Perseus Over High Xtend+' (Stamina mode) VS Guilty Longinus Legacy Metal Xtreme-2. 10 rounds, Guilty was always bank-launched second.
Guilty Longinus: 50% (5 KOs)

Notes: No, I don't suck at launching attack types lol. There was only one match where I failed the launch, and that did result in a win for Ultimate. Results are going to vary from person to person with different levels of control and Xtreme wear, but don't let that undermine the wins Ultimate received, as it really did earn them. The one KO it got wasn't a self KO from Guilty either, Ultimate actually knocked it out.

Feel free to test the combination yourself and post the results you get with it (I highly encourage you do, it's a fun combination and having more than one person do tests is always a good thing). I'll probably test the combination against Savior and Wheel Orbit Metal combinations next.

wow, i have to try that when i get Raphael and the DX starter set
(Jan. 22, 2022  6:45 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2022  6:16 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: It’s interesting that ultimate win only by KO’s. Would you say that when it turns into an endurance battle dynamite had the advantage? Because since Ultimate won only by KO’s but still won most of the battles I’m guessing a lot of the rounds were ultimate just hitting hard and knocking dynamite out, but the rounds that dynamite didn’t get knocked out it won by OS? So in a stamina match we’re neither bey gets KO’d who would you say had the advantage?

I would definitely say that’s the case. As far as stamina goes, Dynamite had a clear advantage, but the entire reason I chose Ultimate as the blade for this combo was for its stamina AND attack, which really seemed to pay off here. Although I stuck with HXt+’ stamina mode for the sake of retaining consistency, defense (And maybe even attack if one feels confident enough in their control) would likely work best in a tournament setting.
(Jan. 22, 2022  6:12 PM)Orbit Wrote: Could you try using the Valkyrie I chip and Venture +V on the combo?

I guess I could, but swapping HXt+’ for Vn+V sounds like a downgrade. Would you like me to use my new Venture or my “awakened” one?

Ths reason it MIGHT be good is that is like ultimate, it can be used for attacking and also has good stamina and LAD. I’d prefer that you use the venture that is best for stamina. I’m not sure what an awakening for venture is, but I think it makes it more aggressive, which would be bad for stamina so I guess the unawakened one.

I could be very wrong about Venture +V, but it’s worth a try right?