[Takara Tomy]  DB Layer Testing - Gatling

I can't find a testing thread for Gatling so I'm gonna start one here.

Context: so my friend (lets call him A) is a well known blader in my community. every now and then, A will walk in with a very experimental combo that he can somehow make it into top 3 of the WBBA G4 tournament. One of his more consistent (very consistent, actually) experimental combos is Gatling (High Mode) with Almight (Low Mode + D & V Gears). This combo works well cos of it's sheer size and how it always manages to escape from the pocket holes (in G4 beys are not considered KO'd until they sleepout in the pocket), just to strike and KO the opponent bey. It has a lot of KO potential somehow, and the most interesting thing, is that it does surprisingly well against opposite spin LAD.

So I decided to do a proper testing with Gatling (with WBO rules ofc) against a well known, meta left spin combo.

Gatling Kerbeus (High Mode) Almight (Low Mode, + D & V Gears) -10 VS Vanish Fafnir Over Bearing' -10 (Low Mode)

20 Rounds

GtKR.Al + D&V-gears: 4 KO + 6 OS
VFF.Ov.Br': 4 KO + 3 OS
3 Draws

Very suprising how Gatling Almight got a 10:7 win ratio against Vanish Over Bearing'. It can somehow manage to KO vanish a lot more than I expect, and even outspin Vanish twice as much as Vanish can against it.

Here's the video proof of my twenty rounds I made. I tried to launch all twenty rounds in one take to prove to yall that I did not rig the matches (unfortunately I have come across technical difficulties and I have to split into 4 segments, tho I hope some of the clips were long enough for you to believe I did not rig anything)

Also note that
1) Playing on concrete is different than playing on a cardboard stand, carpet or even on a wooden floor. The concrete does not absorb the impact of the beys landing well, and that's why Gatling kept bouncing for a bit when it landed. Hence it's a bit harder to control.

Please watch the video, very surprising on how much Gatling can KO and OS Vanish. And do recommend me more combos to try out, if I am free and have the parts, I will also take a full video on it when I can

Thank you for your time :D

also p.s. what happened to testing threads?? :(
I am also surprised that gatling won 10 battles against a spin stealing stamina type with over and bearing dash,also i thought this would have gotten more replies but i guess not.
(Aug. 01, 2022  3:18 PM)DeletedYT Wrote: I am also surprised that gatling won 10 battles against a spin stealing stamina type with over and bearing dash,also i thought this would have gotten more replies but i guess not.

unfortunately Testing threads have fallen out favour Unhappy

Gonna do more testings in a few days, i got school assignments to catch up
can Gatling be used in a Defence/Stamina Hybrid combo? (requested by @Hollowmind8)
Just 10 rounds.

Gatling Dragon Giga Bearing'-10 VS Ultimate Perseus Nexus+S Quick'-9
GtDR.Gg.Br'-10: 3OS, 1KO
UlπR.Nx+S.Qc'-9: 6KOs
video here

Not looking good for Gatling as a Defence/Stamina hybrid hehs 😅 Perseus kinda bodied Gatling Dragon LOL
I need to test Gatling Perseus Illegal Xtreme'-0/2/4... I'm getting results that look very promising but it's a bit of effort to launch this thing as hard as it wants to be launched 😅
I dont have the Zest Achilles set yet, im getting mine this weekend... Lets see how Illegal works out
(Aug. 09, 2022  10:07 AM)@ya.dama Wrote: can Gatling be used in a Defence/Stamina Hybrid combo? (requested by @Hollowmind8)
Just 10 rounds.

video here

Not looking good for Gatling as a Defence/Stamina hybrid hehs 😅 Perseus kinda bodied Gatling Dragon LOL

gatling is ment for attack
(Aug. 10, 2022  5:39 PM)DeletedYT Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2022  10:07 AM)@ya.dama Wrote: can Gatling be used in a Defence/Stamina Hybrid combo? (requested by @Hollowmind8)
Just 10 rounds.

video here

gatling is ment for attack

Says who? In my book, it's really good for Left Equlization.
(Aug. 10, 2022  5:43 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2022  5:39 PM)DeletedYT Wrote: gatling is ment for attack

Says who? In my book, it's really good for Left Equlization.

says me because i said it....
(Aug. 10, 2022  5:43 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Says who? In my book, it's really good for Left Equlization.

Since we're on this topic, its cool and all that it is doing fine as a spin-equalizer

but how many damn spin equalizer layers and combos do we need in Beyblade burst 💀

(Aug. 10, 2022  5:46 PM)DeletedYT Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2022  5:43 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Says who? In my book, it's really good for Left Equlization.

huh so u have no concrete testings or some kind of proof to back up your statement..?
(Aug. 10, 2022  5:46 PM)DeletedYT Wrote:

Omg, you're so slick. I'm so sorry for opposing your opinion. But like ya.dama said, where's your proof? You need Evidence to back up your Claim.
(Aug. 10, 2022  6:18 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2022  5:46 PM)DeletedYT Wrote: says me because i said it....

Omg, you're so slick. I'm so sorry for opposing your opinion. But like ya.dama said, where's your proof? You need Evidence to back up your Claim.
1. I dont have gatling. 
2. Im not being rude,its kinda just common sense i stated,because i said gatling was made for attack. 
Stop trying to make arguements with me over opinions.
(Aug. 10, 2022  7:02 PM)DeletedYT Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2022  6:18 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Omg, you're so slick. I'm so sorry for opposing your opinion. But like ya.dama said, where's your proof? You need Evidence to back up your Claim.
1. I dont have gatling. 
2. Im not being rude,its kinda just common sense i stated,because i said gatling was made for attack. 

Uhh Tempest Dragon layer was an attack layer but it was best used in Stamina combos...
so we'll never know what a layer is capable of until we thoroughly test it. We shouldn't let the type of Beyblade limit our opinion and testing of the Beyblade itself.

anyway why would u make an opinion about a beyblade you dont have? this thread is about competitive testing of Gatling layer, not about the product release.
(Aug. 10, 2022  7:22 PM)@ya.dama Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2022  7:02 PM)DeletedYT Wrote: 1. I dont have gatling. 

Uhh Tempest Dragon layer was an attack layer but it was best used in Stamina combos...
so we'll never know what a layer is capable of until we thoroughly test it. We shouldn't let the type of Beyblade limit our opinion and testing of the Beyblade itself.

anyway why would u make an opinion about a beyblade you dont have? this thread is about competitive testing of Gatling layer, not about the product release.

ive seen battles with stock gatling and different combos,and the layer was very agressive and it got a lot of KOs. I think a good combo for this would be gatling + longinus over destroy'.
(Aug. 10, 2022  7:32 PM)DeletedYT Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2022  7:22 PM)@ya.dama Wrote: Uhh Tempest Dragon layer was an attack layer but it was best used in Stamina combos...

ive seen battles with stock gatling and different combos,and the layer was very agressive and it got a lot of KOs. I think a good combo for this would be gatling + longinus over destroy'.

That would be a pretty mid combo if I'm being honest. Destroy' is pretty outclassed. Maybe if it's being used on a Rubber Flat Driver since it's way more aggressive and if you Flower Pattern with it, it's way easier to knock stuff out while Destroy' is pretty passive. But even so Gatling is outclassed by things like Guilty and Zest now being good for attack. I know this because I now own Gatling, if I'd use Gatling Competitively, I'd probably just play Gatling Valkyrie1 Fortress Drift-10 and it would be a really good Counter to left Combos.
(Aug. 10, 2022  7:46 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2022  7:32 PM)DeletedYT Wrote: ive seen battles with stock gatling and different combos,and the layer was very agressive and it got a lot of KOs. I think a good combo for this would be gatling + longinus over destroy'.

That would be a pretty mid combo if I'm being honest. Destroy' is pretty outclassed. Maybe if it's being used on a Rubber Flat Driver since it's way more aggressive and if you Flower Pattern with it, it's way easier to knock stuff out while Destroy' is pretty passive. But even so Gatling is outclassed by things like Guilty and Zest now being good for attack. I know this because I now own Gatling, if I'd use Gatling Competitively, I'd probably just play Gatling Valkyrie1 Fortress Drift-10 and it would be a really good Counter to left Combos.

replace with like quick' or extreme' or something than do a sliding shoot
(Aug. 10, 2022  7:32 PM)DeletedYT Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2022  7:22 PM)@ya.dama Wrote: Uhh Tempest Dragon layer was an attack layer but it was best used in Stamina combos...

Longinus does not fit on the Gatling layer, I don't know what you're talking about.
and watching stock combos play out in the stadium is not concrete proof that a bey is a good bey.
(Aug. 10, 2022  8:15 PM)@ya.dama Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2022  7:32 PM)DeletedYT Wrote: ive seen battles with stock gatling and different combos,and the layer was very agressive and it got a lot of KOs. I think a good combo for this would be gatling + longinus over destroy'.

Longinus does not fit on the Gatling layer, I don't know what you're talking about.
and watching stock combos play out in the stadium is not concrete proof that a bey is a good bey.

Again,i dont have any DB beys yet. (Im getting two that are coming on friday) And yes,i know that,if the stock is good doesnt mean the beyblade is good. (altough i still think guilty is the best beyblade)
Let's move on from this argument that frankly shouldn't have occurred, and remember not to start arguments over parts without actually having experience with them.

Anywho, did a little more with Gatling Perseus Illegal Xtreme'-0 yesterday, it was very impressive, Illegal gives it the speed and movement to actually handle DynaF and it continues to do decently vs Vanish. Hoping to do some formal tests tomorrow!