[Takara Tomy]  Crash Ragnaruk Testing & Discussion

[Image: LayerCrashRagnaruk.png]
Crash Ragnaruk Testing & Discussion

Alrighty, not often I test but given the situation with Requiem recently, it seemed fitting to see how new stuff holds up to them. The Longinus thread is already up, so I guess I'll cover Crash Ragnaruk in some capacity.

Though uh, please appreciate that these tests are cR on attack type combinations. cR is just crazy at smash attack.

All tests use the following;
  • For left vs right battles, separate BeyLauncher LRs were used.
  • For same rotation, the same BeyLauncher LR was used.
  • All testing took place in the standard Burst BeyStadium.
  • cR was always launched second.

Crash Ragnaruk 11Reach Jolt vs Spriggan Requiem 0Bump Bearing
cR.11R.Jl: 11 wins (11 KO)
Sr.0B.Br: 9 wins (7 OS, 2 BF)
cR win rate: 55%

Uhuh, how's it going there Requiem? Did you enjoy your time in the pocket? In all seriousness, despite the accidental usage of 11 instead of 0, this went about how I expected. cR lands some fantastic hits capable of outright KOing the opponent and, with the help of Jolt's design, the recoil on this is pretty minimal and manages to come back for a second blow pretty quickly. The downside with this is really cR's pretty bad teeth; it can resist Bursting, but you want to be settling this battle with those hits. Otherwise, it's not Sr that'll burst; you'll be the one going down.

Crash Ragnaruk 0Reach Jolt vs Spriggan Requiem 0Bump Bearing
cR.0R.Jl: 5 wins (5 KOs)
Sr.0B.Br: 5 wins (4 OS, 1 BF)
cR win rate: 50%

Decided to do a quick test to see the difference 0 made over 11. News flash; no difference really. I stopped at 10 as the results were painfully similar, and a larger sample size of 20 wouldn't have done much more to these results.

Crash Ragnaruk 0Reach Jolt vs MGC Maximum Garuda 0Bump Orbit
cR.0R.Jl: 12 wins (9 KO, 2 BF, 2 OS)
mG.0B.O: 8 wins (6 OS, 2 BF)
cR win rate: 60%

Seemed like a decent combination to go up against; this combination is seen by some to be tricky to go against, so why not see what happens? cR handily KOs mG in the same way it does to Requiem. You're still going to Burst yourself if you aren't KOing with your initial big hits but, unlike Requiem, you have the potential to Burst mG here. Unlikely, but it's possible. There was also some destabilisation going on for cR's two stamina wins, which I can't really complain about; Garuda deserves the floor scrape being as big as it is.

I also messed around with some stationary tips for a bit to see what's worth testing. Gyro, Yielding and Bearing on cR seem to yield some results, so I may cover some of those later on. I f anyone has any other requests, do let me know!
Would it work as a tornado staller? It has plenty of OWD but without a level chip it is unbalanced so that may hinder how good it is.

Mind testing cR.0C.Z against common stamina type combos and comparing results to tN.0C.Z?
Can you put Crash Ragnaruk 7Cross Revolve against Deep Chaos 7 Revolve? I want to see how much stamina it has compared to the current bar.

Also, Crash Ragnaruk 0Cross Orbit vs Sieg Xcalibur 0Bump Xtreme? I want to see how well the weight and shape can make up for the mediocre teeth.

But so far, it looks to be an excellent choice for Push Attack?

How fast is Jolt compared to Xtreme for you?
(May. 07, 2018  7:51 PM)MWF Wrote: Would it work as a tornado staller? It has plenty of OWD but without a level chip it is unbalanced so that may hinder how good it is.

Mind testing cR.0C.Z against common stamina type combos and comparing results to tN.0C.Z?

I wouldn't say it's all that imbalanced without a Level Chip. Doesn't seem it anyway, I think people are making a big deal over that point in general when it's not inherently true for everything...

I don't have a tN to compare to. Do we already have results to compare to for that combo?

(May. 07, 2018  8:03 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Can you put Crash Ragnaruk 7Cross Revolve against Deep Chaos 7 Revolve? I want to see how much stamina it has compared to the current bar.

Also, Crash Ragnaruk 0Cross Orbit vs Sieg Xcalibur 0Bump Xtreme? I want to see how well the weight and shape can make up for the mediocre teeth.

But so far, it looks to be an excellent choice for Push Attack?

How fast is Jolt compared to Xtreme for you?

Sure, I'll add those to my reminders for tomorrow.

I'd say any attack really, not even just push. With the right layer, I'm confident it can Burst stuff with ease as well

Jolt in comparison to Xtreme...is slower? But that's expected really; the edges of the tip are raised compared to the inner area, so it's basically just spinning on those sections. Less rubber on the floor means it's not as fast as Xtreme, which basically has everything available. I'm sure that Jolt will easily surpass Xtreme in speed and power (but a loss of stamina) once it's worn down so the edges are level with the inner area. Hundreds of launches needed for that though, haha.
So the wobble in the stock combo must have been due to 11 and Wd. I am stuck with Hasbro so I don't have much knowledge on Chouzetsu but I can use my general beyblading knowledge to make inferences on how parts would work. So when it comes to theses suggestions take them with a grain of salt.

Well from other threads I read that the weight and shape of twin nemesis cause great OWD and if I am correct Zephyr is still one of the better drivers for tornado stalling. Either that or Iron.

Speaking of Iron, would a cR combo have enough weight to create enough inertia to make iron better? If I am correct during the metal saga metal flat was the go to for tornado stalling because it stayed on the tornado ridge for a long time and the reduced friction lead to longer spin times.

Try cR.0C.Ir if you can. I think it may have potential.

Though at the same time that is an assumption based of what I read about combos from a different generation.
So Noah from LeftBurst took my testing request for Crash Ragnaruk. Here are the results:

cR.7.R (Odd) vs dC.7.R (Even)
- cR.7.R: 13 OS, 3 Burst (80% Win Rate)
- dC.7.R: 4 OS (20% Win Rate)

cR.7C.O (First) vs sX.0B.X (Second Sliding Shoot)
- cR.7C.O: 4 OS, 3 KOs (35% Win Rate)
- sX.0B.X: 7 Burst, 6 KOs (65% Win Rate)

So it looks like Crash Ragnaruk has officially replaced Deep Chaos for a Pure Stamina Type
(May. 24, 2018  3:53 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: So Noah from LeftBurst took my testing request for Crash Ragnaruk. Here are the results:

cR.7.R (Odd) vs dC.7.R (Even)
- cR.7.R: 13 OS, 3 Burst (80% Win Rate)
- dC.7.R: 4 OS (20% Win Rate)

cR.7C.O (First) vs sX.0B.X (Second Sliding Shoot)
- cR.7C.O: 4 OS, 3 KOs (35% Win Rate)
- sX.0B.X: 7 Burst, 6 KOs (65% Win Rate)

So it looks like Crash Ragnaruk has officially replaced Deep Chaos for a Pure Stamina Type

Did he balance tuned the combos in stamina testing?
Forgive me for sounding like an amateur, but would bearing be a good substitute for revolve?
Also I feel like the go-to combo for anything other than attack nowadays is 7/bump or glaive/atomic. Do you think it’d be a solid combo for cR as well?
Could you try 1.crash ragnarauk 10 bump friction . 2.crash ragnarauk 3 bump variable 3. Cash ragnarauk 4 cross ultimate reboot . Please please please please ......................
We should do a mirror match (both on 7 Revolve) between Crash Ragnaruk against Archer Heracles/Hercules, see which one is the better right spin Stamina Type
Please try crash ragnarauk polish eternal and crash ragnarauk 5 bump Accel
(Jul. 08, 2018  12:14 PM)Battleburst Wrote: Please try crash ragnarauk polish eternal and crash ragnarauk 5 bump Accel

why accel? are you trying to build a tornado stall combo or what? if you are, use iron.
(Jul. 08, 2018  12:14 PM)Battleburst Wrote: Please try crash ragnarauk polish eternal and crash ragnarauk 5 bump Accel

using polish with a right spin combo isnt a good idea
Accel is for attack and stamina,please just try polish,I have a logical reason.
(Jul. 08, 2018  1:48 PM)Battleburst Wrote: Accel is for attack and stamina,please just try polish,I have a logical reason.

accel, zephyr and iron all are not competitive now since they are easily defeated by left spin stuff also whats the explanation.
Can anyone test cR/ 0Expand/ dS' against hS ( defence )/ 00Proof/ dS'? Please I need results