[Takara Tomy]  Cho-Z Valkyrie Testing Thread

Sooo about 20 minutes ago I got my new Valkyrie in the mail and in an attempt to find some testing on it I found there was no thread! I do have a standard stadium and a LR Launcher so if anyone wants to give me some combos that's cool, but I'm busy so I probably won't get to them soon. 

If anyone wants to help each other out on here with testing that would be nice Smile
You should try Buster Xcalibur(Buster Mode).1(reverse from contact point)H.O.

With Cho-Z Valkyrie.1.H.O (Is that not enough?)
Please use Cho-Z Valkyrie 7Bump Xtreme’ vs Hell Salamander 0Lift Bearing
Try Xtreme' v Evolution on 0B/7B v hS.0L.Br/aH.10.Et
Sorry I don't have lift. Would turn or another frame be alright?
Geist Fafnir 0B Bearing
(Nov. 27, 2018  10:42 PM)Valkyriology Wrote: Sorry I don't have lift. Would turn or another frame be alright?

Bump would be fine, thanks
(Nov. 27, 2018  10:42 PM)Valkyriology Wrote: Sorry I don't have lift. Would turn or another frame be alright?

Turn is also fine, although like DT20000 said, Bump is also good
Just got mine. I don't have time to do full testing but I did some preliminary tests. Here are my findings

Maybe they made the gimmick easier to activate? Cause I have no problems doing so. (But without an early release model to compare it to I can't make sure)
Burst stopper gimmick seems to work as intended. Cho-Z Valyrie on Bearing vs Winning Valkyrie in Eternal. Cho-Z Valkyrie always reached the last click but never Burst (While Winning Valkyrie did sometimes)
We can potentially have Bearing and Jolt based Attack combos now
Some more light observations. The success of Cho-Z Valkyrie seems less to do with shape and more with the fact that to activate the gimmick, you have to launch as hard as possible, which also boosts the Layer's Burst Attack. However, because of that, Drivers such as Xtreme or Jolt are almost impossible to control and I've been finding better results with an unworn Variable.

I might have to look into getting a Hunter Driver at this rate...
Maybe Hunter' if the B-00 Emperor Forneus doesn't get too expensive
At first I wasn't sold with the gimmick the new generation of beys have, but I have to say I enjoy the risk/reward game play it offers. Still working on awakening the driver, almost there but I see potential.
Looks like some Japanese combos utilize Bearing. It seems promising, just as predicted. I don't see anyone using Eternal or Jolt, however.

https://youtu.be/H7oGOW7sIUI
(Dec. 05, 2018  6:24 PM)Dragunix Wrote: Looks like some Japanese combos utilize Bearing. It seems promising, just as predicted. I don't see anyone using Eternal or Jolt, however.

https://youtu.be/H7oGOW7sIUI
YAY! I finally know someone that watches this channel too. XD
I think that Plastic Drivers are the best choice for Cho-Z Valkyrie. Cho-Z Valkyrie doesn't depend on momentum nearly as much as other Layers, more in spin speed. It does still require momentum however so something easily controllable like Accel would be ideal. Furthermore, even if you mess up the launch angle, if you can get at least 1 or 2 strong hits in the beginning of the match, Plastic Drivers will still be able to retain high enough spin speeds when settling in the center for a last second Burst.

I can do full testing tomorrow so we'll see
Can confirm Cho-Z Valkyrie on bearing has some interesting potential. It was fun to use today and since I don't have to worry about slide-shooting on an attack driver I can focus more on really strong, standard launches to get it spinning fast with the wings fully activated (course this could just be a me thing since my top right wing sticks quite a bit and often doesn't open when the other two do, though it seems to be loosening up and opening more often the more I use it). Did a really sloppy test earlier with Cho-Z Valkyrie.10C.Br against Archer Hercules.7.Et as well and it was 8 wins by spin finish to the Valkyrie vs 2 wins to Hercules by spin finish (alternating launches) with several of those matches bringing Hercules pretty close to bursting. Gotta admit I was rushing since I was late for class though :^)
Test it officially with a worn Evolution.
My Cho-Z Valkyrie just arrived about an hour ago, but it's too late for me to test it, so I might do that tomorrow, along with a YouTube unboxing. I'll definitely try it out with Bearing, Absorb, Zephyr', and some Hasbro Performance Tips.
(Dec. 06, 2018  1:19 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: My Cho-Z Valkyrie just arrived about an hour ago, but it's too late for me to test it, so I might do that tomorrow, along with a YouTube unboxing. I'll definitely try it out with Bearing, Absorb, Zephyr', and some Hasbro Performance Tips.

Don’t test it with Hasbro tips
(Dec. 06, 2018  1:58 AM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Dec. 06, 2018  1:19 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: My Cho-Z Valkyrie just arrived about an hour ago, but it's too late for me to test it, so I might do that tomorrow, along with a YouTube unboxing. I'll definitely try it out with Bearing, Absorb, Zephyr', and some Hasbro Performance Tips.

Don’t test it with Hasbro tips

Why not?
(Dec. 06, 2018  1:59 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Dec. 06, 2018  1:58 AM)Dt20000 Wrote: Don’t test it with Hasbro tips

Why not?

It won’t work rigt
(Dec. 06, 2018  2:00 AM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Dec. 06, 2018  1:59 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Why not?

It won’t work rigt

I won't use them too much. Just to see if it's a viable option for Bladers with mostly Hasbro parts.
(Dec. 06, 2018  2:01 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Dec. 06, 2018  2:00 AM)Dt20000 Wrote: It won’t work rigt

I won't use them too much. Just to see if it's a viable option for Bladers with mostly Hasbro parts.

From someone who owns mostly only Hasbeys, I broke a Survive thanks to using it on Legend Spriggan
(Dec. 06, 2018  2:11 AM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Dec. 06, 2018  2:01 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I won't use them too much. Just to see if it's a viable option for Bladers with mostly Hasbro parts.

From someone who owns mostly only Hasbeys, I broke a Survive thanks to using it on Legend Spriggan

Okay, if you're that worried, I'll just use the tips that I have multiple copies of.
(Dec. 06, 2018  2:23 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Dec. 06, 2018  2:11 AM)Dt20000 Wrote: From someone who owns mostly only Hasbeys, I broke a Survive thanks to using it on Legend Spriggan

Okay, if you're that worried, I'll just use the tips that I have multiple copies of.

Okay
Can anyone test it with eternal or bearing