Takara Tomy Beyblade Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread

(Mar. 07, 2023  7:59 PM)cybubble Wrote: What do you mean by urban

"street battle" in the anime apparently, like Bakuten or MFB.
(Mar. 07, 2023  8:29 PM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2023  7:59 PM)cybubble Wrote: What do you mean by urban

"street battle" in the anime apparently, like Bakuten or MFB.

not "street battle" what was said was "high rise buildings" I'm not sure what got lost with what was originally said, the concept is an urban scenario but "street battle" is being quoted from thin air.
Maybe the x signals a fusion of the layers like fusing 2 layers together
That would be cool and add a lot of customization possibilities
The name is very interesting. As an anglophone my first instinct was that it's a historical setting, but I've checked and apparenly the Japanese have different age cohorts:
https://blog.btrax.com/gen-x-millennials...n-cohorts/
If that's not the case, then I'm puzzled; "X" has a very negative connotation in Japan, generally meaning "no" or "cancel", as that's really the only way that they use it. If anyone played the western release of the original Final Fantasy 7, then you may remember some confusion over the X and O buttons on the PS1, where O, which apparently is the equivalent of a tick in Japan, was used to confirm, and X was used to cancel, despite X being in the middle and therefore the "main" or "primary" button in the mind of most westerners who assumed that "X marks the spot". The Microsoft X-box was a marketing nightmare in Japan, as it was basically taken to mean the "no/negative-box".
The only things I can think of for the X would be that we're going back to the early 90's marketing, and it's short for "XTREME", or that it's intended to convey the idea of some kind of crossover, as has been rumored for some time.
Actually, something just came to me. Consider Beyblade minis, they have a protrusion from the top of the bey to make them work with a simplified launcher. Perhaps the X represents the shape of the new Beys? That could be either a similar launch mechanism to Beyblade minis, or perhaps a gimmick where you flip them upside down between rounds to change the tip and which side of the contact points are in use.
That’s a good point also I didn’t know that Japan had a different meaning to the letter x
When I read X, I can't help but think of Megaman X and it's mathematics. A variable for everything. Though I don't think that fits here.
(Mar. 08, 2023  11:30 AM)PRINCEcharming Wrote: I'm puzzled; "X" has a very negative connotation in Japan, generally meaning "no" or "cancel", as that's really the only way that they use it.

The Microsoft X-box was a marketing nightmare in Japan, as it was basically taken to mean the "no/negative-box".

This is misguided. While X can mean no or cancel, it does not have an inherent "bad" meaning in Japan.

There are various reasons why Xbox failed against the (Japanese made) Sony and Nintendo consoles in Japan, but the X in its name is not one of the reasons at all.

X as a title or name has been used a lot of times in Japanese media. Xenoblade X, Megaman X, Pokemon X, Gundam X, and many more. You know why they call the Burst parts Xceed, Xtreme, and Xcalibur instead of using the proper spelling? Because X is a cool letter.
According to wholesaler,
July
3 Starters
3Boosters
Entry set
Battle Deck Set
Pass(kind of bey logger or bey pointer)
Stadium
Accessories(case, launcher and so on)
August
Booster
September
Random Booster
Isn't it too much on july?
NDAs (non-disclosure agreements) goes brrrrrrrrrr
(Mar. 09, 2023  10:28 AM)marutti Wrote: According to wholesaler,
July
3 Starters
3Boosters
Entry set
Battle Deck Set
Stadium
August
Booster
September
Random Booster

Oooommmmmgggg and Did you have the official name of This serie ?
Deck set like a card game Jk but in all seriousness where did you get the info
(Mar. 09, 2023  10:58 AM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote:
July
3 Starters
3Boosters
Entry set
Battle Deck Set
Stadium
August
Booster
September
Random Booster

Oooommmmmgggg and Did you have the official name of This serie ?

New gen name is Beyblade Generation X.
(Mar. 09, 2023  1:05 PM)beyspark Wrote:
(Mar. 09, 2023  10:58 AM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote: Oooommmmmgggg and Did you have the official name of This serie ?

New gen name is Beyblade Generation X.

I think is a code name, the real name will be released 21th march.
July
3 Starters
3Boosters
Entry set
Battle Deck Set
Stadium
August
Booster
September
Random Booster

(Mar. 09, 2023  3:16 PM)Bey100 Wrote:
July
3 Starters
3Boosters
Entry set
Battle Deck Set
Stadium
August
Booster
September
Random Booster

Assuming these are "prototype" releases similar to PHW in MFB and Pre-Dual Layer in Burst, it makes sense that releases would drop off before when the anime is rumored to start (October-ish, iirc). Although that doesn't change the fact that it's a rather odd choice to do prototype releases only a few months before the anime is slated to come out.
With both PHW and PDL, their release schedule ran from August-February and July-February respectively.

Granted, the anime release date is based on speculation and not set in stone, but it's definitely curious.
(Mar. 10, 2023  12:10 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Mar. 09, 2023  3:16 PM)Bey100 Wrote:

Assuming these are "prototype" releases similar to PHW in MFB and Pre-Dual Layer in Burst, it makes sense that releases would drop off before when the anime is rumored to start (October-ish, iirc). Although that doesn't change the fact that it's a rather odd choice to do prototype releases only a few months before the anime is slated to come out.
With both PHW and PDL, their release schedule ran from August-February and July-February respectively.

Granted, the anime release date is based on speculation and not set in stone, but it's definitely curious.

Yeah that's why I believe anime won't come until next year
No shot the anime releases this year. It’s always been a year after the prototype lines release, for good reasons too. Off the top of my head, 2 are that the prototype beys are never featured in the anime, only the proper 1st series, and that it gives the manga time to distance itself from the anime. Not that the distance ever helps the issue of catching up to the anime (Sparking literally went beyond the Manga during the Onigashima Arc), but it’s the thought that counts.
(Mar. 10, 2023  1:53 AM)Xcess-Z Wrote: No shot the anime releases this year. It’s always been a year after the prototype lines release, for good reasons too. Off the top of my head, 2 are that the prototype beys are never featured in the anime, only the proper 1st series, and that it gives the manga time to distance itself from the anime. Not that the distance ever helps the issue of catching up to the anime (Sparking literally went beyond the Manga during the Onigashima Arc), but it’s the thought that counts.

I see prototype beys more as sort of a test run and if people like it then tt goes a lot bigger for next system which is why I think anime doesn't premiere immediately
Apparently the product code of the new gen is now « BX-01, BX-02… »
(Mar. 10, 2023  6:04 PM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote: Apparently the product code of the new gen is now « BX-01, BX-02… »
Where did you get the info?
(Mar. 10, 2023  6:12 PM)Bey100 Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2023  6:04 PM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote: Apparently the product code of the new gen is now « BX-01, BX-02… »
Where did you get the info?

Here : 

And a Launcher Grip is apparently confirmed if we check the board.
(Mar. 10, 2023  6:17 PM)cybubble Wrote: Yep it going to be called beyblade x

we already know this