[Takara Tomy]  Beyblade Burst "True" Stock Combos.

Alright, Bladers. Have you ever seen the stock combo of a Bey (for example, one in a Random Layer Collection) and had thought for sure that their combo was going to be one that fit it, and then it just turns out... wrong. So, so WRONG. Like Guardian Kerbeus. Kerbeus is a Defense Type, not a Stamina Type. Well, this thread is where you can share Ideas about your guys' thoughts on what should have been the "true" stock combo for it.
Here, I'll get this started:
  • Guardian Kerbeus' "True" stock should have been: Guardian Kerbeus 8 Guard. Now, I can see a wave of pitchforks and torches going up. Put 'em down people, I'm here to explain. The 8 disc just fits it so well, and Guard seems like an upgrade to Press, hence my combo. Now, why do I think Guard is the upgrade to Press? Well, to me, those four "shields" on Press might have just become one big one. Yeah, stupid, I know, but oh well.
  • The upcoming Dread Bahamut: This bois combo (in my opinion) should be something like... Dread Bahamut 0Expand Friction. Now, these just seem right to me. This is also going by a part upgrade from like, Arc's stock combo. Considering that now the 2 disc is outclassed for it's "jack of all trades" thing, I thought we should pair it up with a heavier disc and frame combo. 0 and Expand fit that perfectly (albeit we need a dark red Expand). Now, Friction. I originally thought of Yard, but as Rouzuke pointed out to me on Beyblade Random Thoughts, Yard isn't much of an upgrade to Atomic. Now, Friction has less... well, friction against the stadium via the POM material on it's driver. This gives it more stamina to work with, and the rubber ring on Friction can give us some attack like the free spinning ring on Atomic did. I just think this combo suits it.

Now, it's your turn! You guys tell me what you guys think should have been "true" stock combos to beys that just didn't get justice. If you want, feel free to try out mine and your own combos and see how they would perform in battle! Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this!
Well I think that Hell Salamander should've been paired up with the 13 disc to fit in with the "beast" theme, but 13 sucks anyways.
I think that Orb Egis should’ve had a combo of 0 Star Orbit because Orb is in Orbit, the 0 Disk has two circles on it that look like the metal balls on Egis, and the Star frame doesn’t look odd on oE.
(Jun. 06, 2019  11:25 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I think that Orb Egis should’ve had a combo of 0 Star Orbit because Orb is in Orbit, the 0 Disk has two circles on it that look like the metal balls on Egis, and the Star frame doesn’t look odd on oE.

Personally, I would have used Cross but that would make it a meta combo lol. But Cross just pairs up with the layer so much better

Ok, SO: I personally think Hasbro did E2 some MAJOR justice with it's Nine Gyro combo because for 1. Nine is basically the true upgrade to Wing (don't @ me you know I'm right) and 2. Depending on how you launch it, you can make it move like Needle I guess.
Oh, and this one I just thought of to ME seems like it would have fit Screw Trident a bit more but Wedge and Claw are both bad at balance so meh. The stock combo for Trident should have been 2Meteor Nothing. Now 2Meteor is just a random disc+frame combo, but Nothing could like, soften the blow, giving Trident more (albeit slightly) stamina to work with, and fit the "deaden" theme of the bey.
(Jun. 06, 2019  3:04 PM)YMagixG Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2019  11:25 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I think that Orb Egis should’ve had a combo of 0 Star Orbit because Orb is in Orbit, the 0 Disk has two circles on it that look like the metal balls on Egis, and the Star frame doesn’t look odd on oE.

Personally, I would have used Cross but that would make it a meta combo lol. But Cross just pairs up with the layer so much better

Ok, SO: I personally think Hasbro did E2 some MAJOR justice with it's Nine Gyro combo because for 1. Nine is basically the true upgrade to Wing (don't @ me you know I'm right) and 2. Depending on how you launch it, you can make it move like Needle I guess.
Oh, and this one I just thought of to ME seems like it would have fit Screw Trident a bit more but Wedge and Claw are both bad at balance so meh. The stock combo for Trident should have been 2Meteor Nothing. Now 2Meteor is just a random disc+frame combo, but Nothing could like, soften the blow, giving Trident more (albeit slightly) stamina to work with, and fit the "deaden" theme of the bey.

Cross doesn’t look that good on oE imo because it doesn’t line up with the main contact points in the beginning of battle. Also, I expected sT to have 3 Vortex Flügel before the combo was officially confirmed.
(Jun. 06, 2019  5:35 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2019  3:04 PM)YMagixG Wrote: Personally, I would have used Cross but that would make it a meta combo lol. But Cross just pairs up with the layer so much better

Cross doesn’t look that good on oE imo because it doesn’t line up with the main contact points in the beginning of battle. Also, I expected sT to have 3 Vortex Flügel before the combo was officially confirmed.

It doesn't have to line up at the beginning of battle ;p as long as it lines up eventually. Or just mess with the frame configuration. Under would also work I guess. Also, interesting sT combo you got there
(Jun. 06, 2019  5:53 PM)MagixG Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2019  5:35 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Cross doesn’t look that good on oE imo because it doesn’t line up with the main contact points in the beginning of battle. Also, I expected sT to have 3 Vortex Flügel before the combo was officially confirmed.

It doesn't have to line up at the beginning of battle ;p as long as it lines up eventually. Or just mess with the frame configuration. Under would also work I guess. Also, interesting sT combo you got there

It just looks awkward to me when it doesn’t line up, which is why I like using Proof and Ωuter in my combos xD
(Jun. 06, 2019  6:26 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2019  5:53 PM)MagixG Wrote: It doesn't have to line up at the beginning of battle ;p as long as it lines up eventually. Or just mess with the frame configuration. Under would also work I guess. Also, interesting sT combo you got there

It just looks awkward to me when it doesn’t line up, which is why I like using Proof and Ωuter in my combos xD

Ah, makes sense. So what about the Xcalibur beys though?
gK should have gotten .3B.Gr in my opinion
(Jun. 06, 2019  6:47 PM)MagixG Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2019  6:26 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: It just looks awkward to me when it doesn’t line up, which is why I like using Proof and Ωuter in my combos xD

Ah, makes sense. So what about the Xcalibur beys though?

bX.1'D.Sw is very upsetting to me lol
Hasbro Phantazus and Gaianon is wrong.
(Jun. 06, 2019  8:19 PM)YishYash Wrote: Hasbro Phantazus and Gaianon is wrong.

Gaianon is right. Mad Minoboros is the one that's wrong alongside Phrenic Phantazus
Orb Egis should have gotten Sting and Yielding.

before anyone rushes to get the pitchforks and torches for me too due to me daring to include the mostly forgotten Yielding (my favorite driver btw), I think that yielding has just enough practicality and stye to match oE. I would know, i have oE but sadly i dont have a yielding. or a tt Yggdrasil for that matter. dang. also sting because that thing goes with everything apparently. even bX. like bX. St. Z apparently.
Regarding oE's "true" combo, I wouldn't really say much cuz that's the only way we get Outer from as a viable and cheaper source.

Seig Xcalibur should have had Hit so that it would justify the evolution to Buster Xcalibur with Dagger (and the predecessor Xeno Xcalibur with Magnum), aka having a metal+plastic contact pointed Disk.

Twin Nemesis should have had Under instead or Glaive to fit the symmetrical motif. It would have also worked if the Driver was Hunter with the color scheme of Beat Kukulkan.

Hazard Kerbeus should have had a green Bump included just because it fits perfectly with 7 and Atomic already.

Vise Leopard with a black 13 and probably dark blue or deep silver Reach could have fitted perfectly as an aggressive "biter" with "claws", too (but it had to be with Lift otherwise there won't be any other Bey suitable for it).

Beat Kukulkan should have had a purple Ultimate Reboot and a red/gold Cross/Glaive to balance.

But looking at them, I guess we can just suggest but at the same time, I think we couldn't have gotten them in any other way (since we can just build the combos ourselves).

Eitherways, those are just what I can put from the top of my head. Might edit if I remember some other possible combos.
hS oval loop. Oval becausd, when lauched at an angle, the wider part of the disc will scrape the floor while the tall part will cause it to jump. And loop becase, when lauched at an angle, the wheel cause it to jump.
(Jun. 08, 2019  5:11 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Regarding oE's "true" combo, I wouldn't really say much cuz that's the only way we get Outer from as a viable and cheaper source.

Seig Xcalibur should have had Hit so that it would justify the evolution to Buster Xcalibur with Dagger (and the predecessor Xeno Xcalibur with Magnum), aka having a metal+plastic contact pointed Disk.

Well, regarding these in order...
  1. The point of this thread isn't to praise the stock combos we got with a bey, but to give it a different combo that we thought would fit it way better than what we got. People here thought Egis was kinda robbed of good stock combo potential.
  2. Like Buster, Sieg had to get it's "DLC" frame from another source, that being Nemesis. It never got it in the anime because Xander/Xhaka was becoming irrelevant.