[Takara Tomy]  1D chassis discussion

Hello all. I searched but didn't find a thread for this. I've got several copies of 1D now, but I haven't found a combo yet that benefited from having 1D over 1S. Have you unlocked the mojo of 1D in any competitive combos? I'd like to think that with only 2 single chassis out there that they both had a use, cheers!
(Aug. 16, 2020  8:18 AM)RustyWheelz Wrote: Hello all. I searched but didn't find a thread for this. I've got several copies of 1D now, but I haven't found a combo yet that benefited from having 1D over 1S. Have you unlocked the mojo of 1D in any competitive combos? I'd like to think that with only 2 single chassis out there that they both had a use, cheers!

While I’m glad someone opened a thread like this, what I’m about to say won’t be too much help for you-so for that, I apologize but it’s worth thinking about. The reason why 1D has so much trouble finding use is particularly because it is 5-6 grams lighter than 1S and it’s a pretty light chassis in general. When you combine that with the fact that it has a heavily defensive weight distribution which wouldn’t be far too useful in a meta where multiple types of defense combinations (especially pure defense) are not very viable it’s really not the biggest surprise that 1D has remained relatively unused. I’m sure there is some use for it however, it would greatly differ from 1S especially since 1D has greater burst resistance than 1S due to its better teeth leaving a larger variety of potential options for 1D outside of attack type dash drivers combinations (which thrive on 1S heavy disk combos) which is something to look into. My advice would be to not test 1D by testing it with combos that work well with 1S but rather to try and experiment by making combos with 1S that have flaws repairable by the strengths of 1D I mentioned above.
(Aug. 16, 2020  11:24 AM)Zeutron Wrote: While I’m glad someone opened a thread like this, what I’m about to say won’t be too much help for you-so for that, I apologize but it’s worth thinking about. The reason why 1D has so much trouble finding use is particularly because it is 5-6 grams lighter than 1S and it’s a pretty light chassis in general. When you combine that with the fact that it has a heavily defensive weight distribution which wouldn’t be far too useful in a meta where multiple types of defense combinations (especially pure defense) are not very viable it’s really not the biggest surprise that 1D has remained relatively unused. I’m sure there is some use for it however, it would greatly differ from 1S especially since 1D has greater burst resistance than 1S due to its better teeth leaving a larger variety of potential options for 1D outside of attack type dash drivers combinations (which thrive on 1S heavy disk combos) which is something to look into. My advice would be to not test 1D by testing it with combos that work well with 1S but rather to try and experiment by making combos with 1S that have flaws repairable by the strengths of 1D I mentioned above.

Thanks Z. I also take the general silence following to lead me to believe it's just not that exciting of a part.

My tendency when absorbing new beys into my collection is to look for the best fit for it by parts. Some releases transcend this fate, but nothing is safe from the search for the best 'deck'. That said, any release using 1D so far has immediately gone to parts with the 1Ds color matched to good-looking, but irrelevant builds. At least if a bey can't win in the arena, it can look good in a picture.

I'd hoped my assessments had left a stone unturned on it's play value. Hopefully we'll find it's niche here at some point.
Oh-No I have like 10 1S's and 7 1D's Well for 1D you could try Non-Dash Drivers Like Octa or Xtend+ But Its Outclassed by a Awakened 2D or 1S w/ Dash Driver
(Aug. 18, 2020  6:23 PM)SunBlader98 Wrote: Oh-No I have like 10 1S's and 7 1D's Well for 1D

That uh, sounds a little far-fetched. It's possible, but I'd really like proof that you own the parts you say you do.
I got them from Vol.21
(Aug. 18, 2020  6:35 PM)SunBlader98 Wrote: I got them from Vol.21

RBV. 21 only contains two 1S and one 1D, that doesn't make any sense.