THE MANDATORY GACKT TOPIC

Seeing this topic after I came back sent me on a Gackt-listening tangent. I remember why he is great, and possibly still great? Is he still working his solo career?
(Jun. 02, 2009  4:42 PM)Katashi Wrote: Seeing this topic after I came back sent me on a Gackt-listening tangent. I remember why he is great, and possibly still great? Is he still working his solo career?

There's previews of new singles on the past few pages, so what do you think?
(Jun. 02, 2009  5:07 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: There's previews of new singles on the past few pages, so what do you think?

I'm beginning to think yes. *Goes back and actually clicks on links*
(Jun. 03, 2009  1:50 AM)Kei Wrote: CAINS : FEEL tape listed for 58,000 yen on YJA Speechless

holy moly
Koakuma Heaven full version has been posted somehow
"Live" version

(¯ロ¯;)!!
(Jun. 06, 2009  3:06 AM)Kei Wrote: Koakuma Heaven full version has been posted somehow
"Live" version

(¯ロ¯;)!!

LOL i love how you put "live" in quotation marks

i like the song itself though
(Jun. 08, 2009  8:00 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: http://www.zshare.net/video/61065363921c3359/

what is this garbage

I thought this way going to be a link to Faraway (which has made it onto my prestigious top 3 worst Gackt songs ever list!). Lost Angels is OK, I love the chorus.

Have you heard My Father's Day yet? I really like it. You can just feel his love for Ogata Ken and how much of an impact he had on him.
Faraway just sounds like Kimi ga Oikaketa Yume. As for that performance of Lost Angels, Gackt is an absolutely pathetic singer right now. All of the new songs are really mediocre. I'm pretty much over this guy at this point.
(Jun. 10, 2009  4:43 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: All of the new songs are really mediocre. I'm pretty much over this guy at this point.

I definitely agree that his older stuff is way better, but to say his new songs (since Jesus) are mediocre is a bit harsh.
(Jun. 10, 2009  4:49 AM)Kei Wrote: I definitely agree that his older stuff is way better, but to say his new songs (since Jesus) are mediocre is a bit harsh.

Would love to hear how it's "harsh". This is coming from someone who has seriously paid for every piece of music the man has produced up until Returner.
(Jun. 10, 2009  4:50 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Would love to hear how it's "harsh". This is coming from someone who has seriously paid for every piece of music the man has produced up until Returner.

Example:
If his new songs were so mediocre, would you have said this about Jesus? lol

(Nov. 12, 2008  11:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: holy carp this song OWNS

I don't think you can go from loving a song that much to saying it is mediocre! Do you really think that Jesus is mediocre? His old songs are much better, but some of his new ones are certainly not mediocre imo
I actually liked Jesus. When I said new songs I was referring to My Father's Day, Faraway, and Koakuma Heaven (I like it but it's really not that great).
(Jun. 10, 2009  5:00 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I actually liked Jesus. When I said new songs I was referring to My Father's Day, Faraway, and Koakuma Heaven (I like it but it's really not that great).

Aah, okay. I can understand that. I thought both Jesus and the Ghost singles were better than these newer songs as well. B-Sides to the next three singles should be interesting ...
Wow, so I hate all four of his newest songs. I hope there are some redeeming songs on this new album
(Jun. 10, 2009  6:22 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Wow, so I hate all four of his newest songs. I hope there are some redeeming songs on this new album

There is no new album. It's a bunch of singles.
(Jun. 10, 2009  6:23 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: There is no new album. It's a bunch of singles.

Are you talking about the Gundam Album?
I plan on getting that, as well as a copy of JttD. And the Gackt card. Somehow.
The Gundam Album came out ages ago ...
(Jun. 10, 2009  6:35 AM)fragbait Wrote: Are you talking about the Gundam Album?
I plan on getting that, as well as a copy of JttD. And the Gackt card. Somehow.

Uh, what, the Gundam album came out like 2 years ago. I'd hardly consider that new...
Redemption and Longing are my favourite out of his songs. Though I like anything Gackt.
(Jun. 10, 2009  8:29 AM)AnnieDuck Wrote: Uh, what, the Gundam album came out like 2 years ago. I'd hardly consider that new...

Shows how much I actually know about him, huh?
(Jun. 10, 2009  6:23 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: There is no new album. It's a bunch of singles.

Wow, okay. Well they suck.