THE MANDATORY GACKT TOPIC

No I see it, it's just completely strange. lmao
10 years ago today, Gackt started his solo career. Gasp

(well, technically yesterday but whatevs)
Faraway & Koakuma Heaven previews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvflEVdd9Uc

Koakuma Heaven sounds fun, Faraway ... I'll need to hear the entire song.
Faraway sounds lame
Think Square-Enix may regret modeling so many characters on him after this...
(May. 20, 2009  9:32 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: Think Square-Enix may regret modeling so many characters on him after this...

he's more successful now than ever in his career, so i doubt it
(May. 20, 2009  9:33 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: he's more successful now than ever in his career, so i doubt it

True, but when you're creating fairly manly heroes who are meant to be role models for a fairly youth orientated market, it kind of kills that image when those heroes are based on a guy who was recently seen mocked up as a woman, and jumps around naked on pink backgrounds.
(May. 20, 2009  9:35 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: True, but when you're creating fairly manly heroes who are meant to be role models for a fairly youth orientated market, it kind of kills that image when those heroes are based on a guy who was recently seen mocked up as a woman, and jumps around naked on pink backgrounds.

this is hardly out of the ordinary, gackt has been doing stuff like this literally since his career began
Marilyn Manson does it, and he's branded the anti-christ by Americans, Gackt does it, and it's normal behavior.
Haven't really listened to Gackt apart from redemption on the Dirge of Cerberes soundtrack and a bit of Malice Mizer, has he done a lot of stuff similar to this?
(May. 20, 2009  9:41 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: Marilyn Manson does it, and he's branded the anti-christ by Americans, Gackt does it, and it's normal behavior.
Haven't really listened to Gackt apart from redemption on the Dirge of Cerberes soundtrack, has he done a lot of stuff similar to this?

yes, dancing around with people in cat costumes and crossdressing as a joke is totally what got marilyn manson branded as an anti-christ

maybe you should stop talking about this since you don't really know anything about it
dieddead you really don'y know anything about gackt fyi
i've been listening to his stuff since MM and brad's a really hardcore fan soo
Gackt's songs are nothing special tbh, he's funny on reality shows which is the reason i like him
(May. 20, 2009  10:56 PM)nabsdt Wrote: Gackt's songs are nothing special tbh, he's funny on reality shows which is the reason i like him

which songs have you heard?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwr9puxFgOM&feature=PlayList&p=111BAA2FB64F374C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LeV5g1aIYw&feature=PlayList&p=01632674E94B2B1F&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3

It's pretty special to me and a lot of others here.
Japans awesome for its music at most times, the second song is nice but i guess i prefer its visual kei scene more which gackt does branch into sometimes
(May. 20, 2009  11:06 PM)nabsdt Wrote: Japans awesome for its music at most times, the second song is nice but i guess i prefer its visual kei scene more which gackt does branch into sometimes

lol visual kei is a musical "genre" based around dumb clothes and sounding like every other band within the genre

the best vkei bands and artists are the ones that moved on from it (dir en grey, gackt, gazette)

vkei in and of itself doesn't even constitute a musical style; it's the most superficial categorization of music imaginable, sorting bands based on their image rather than their sound. in addition to that, to say "i don't like this artist because he's not part of my favourite genre" is shallow itself
Mmm yeah the gazette are at my #1 i have a lot of merch from them, dir en grey not so much so i liked a few songs and preferred their old stuff, most of what PSC company gets out is great, i wouldn't so much so call it dumb clothing, like the gazette's clothing reflects the style of their music that they're creating at the current time, take distress and coma as opposed to leech or even as far as back as NIL, NLSG etc
almost every psc band sounds the same

whatevs if you don't like gackt you don't have to post in this thread

post more gackt stuff
Well this is the first thing i saw of his appearance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk_3pKLF10c

For those less knowing of japanese heres whats said:
Well its going to be hard
Ok here
Gackt will get it in the side pocket
How will he exactly do it
This is of course gackts time to shine/show
IT WENT IN
AMAZING
OOHH IT WAS SO CLOSE
'carp'

I died laughing watching it

And then here he gets caught out xD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9jhDJLGw4A
Lost Angels Preview

Sounds better than Faraway, but I still don't have my hopes up for either of them.
It sounds OK. The autotune is a bit much ...
Meh, another average Gackt ballad.

Great. Just what everyone wanted. Serious
I just heard the Kimi no tame Dekiru Koto single version of Cube today for the FIRST TIME. The DP version is good, but you can hear so much more on the recorded version.
(May. 29, 2009  4:13 AM)Kei Wrote: I just heard the Kimi no tame Dekiru Koto single version of Cube today for the FIRST TIME. The DP version is good, but you can hear so much more on the recorded version.

RR version is the best version