Jun

THE FOUNDATIONS OF BEY

Toronto, Ontario
High Park
375 Colborne Lodge Dr
  Enter park via Bloor St W. entrance and drive down Colborne Lodge Dr. We'll be playing outside on the grass in front of the High Park Nature Centre.
10:00 AM on 06/26/2022
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type
Experimental

An experimental ruleset is in place for this event (see event description).

Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

6/25 Update: Start Time Changed to 10AM
As there is a chance of thunderstorms later in the afternoon tomorrow, I’ve moved the start time of this tournament to 10AM. Hopefully we can avoid them!

Join the Toronto Beyblade community for a Burst Format tournament using the 1on1 and 5G Match Types at High Park on Sunday, June 26, 2022!

You can consider this event a mix between a warm up for the main event at Anime North on July 16 that will use 1on1 for the first stage and a test run for the experimental event on July 17 that will be using 5G in the finals.

MUST READ: COVID-19 Recommendations in Effect
Due to COVID-19, all tournament participants and attendees are recommended to abide by the recommendations outlined and linked in full detail below. Thank you for your understanding and stay safe!

1. Feeling unwell? Stay at home.
2. Wear a Mask or Face Covering
3. Thumbs Up Instead of Handshakes
4. Do Not Lend or Play with Others Equipment
5. During Beyblade Inspection, Disassemble Beyblades for Judges
6. Do Not Bring More Than 1 Person With You
7. Maintain Physical Distancing (2 meters/6 feet apart)
8. After each Match Judges Should Disinfect Stadium
9. Only Bladers Registered Before the Tournament Day may Participate
10. Eliminated from the tournament? You should leave the tournament area.

Please see additional event information and any local or federal requirements below.

The health and safety of each participant in this event will be our top priority. We expect all participants to abide by any requirements outlined on the page linked below.

This event is being hosted in accordance with the WBO's COVID-19 event recommendations outlined above, as well as:

Check-in, Registration & Participant Limit (20) Details

Tournament Check-in Details
  • Check-in begins at 10:00AM
  • Check-in ends at 10:30AM. We will begin the tournament shortly thereafter.
  • See more details under "Need-to-Know Information" below.
Registration & Participant Limit Details
  • This tournament has a maximum participant limit of 20 players.
  • If you are certain you can make it, please hit the blue JOIN TOURNAMENT button at the top of this page to register confirm your spot!
  • Once 20 players have registered, you will not be able to enter the tournament.
  • As such, only users registered on the list at the top of the event page can participate in the tournament. No exceptions.
  • If you are unable to make it to the event, DO NOT hit the "Join Tournament" button. If you need to withdraw, hit the UNJOIN/LEAVE TOURNAMENT button.
  • If something unexpected comes up last minute and you cannot come, please post in this thread. Any players who sign up on this thread and do not show up without any prior notice will receive a warning in accordance with our Community Rules.

We'll be playing outside on the grass in front of the High Park Nature Centre. See below:

[Image: TxXvWNn.jpg]

If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor St W entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. We will be playing in the area on the grass in front of it. If you have any questions about the location, please post here!

NOTE: Public washrooms can be found just west of the Bloor St W entrance of High Park. There are no public washrooms available at the High Park Nature Centre. Do not knock on their door asking to enter.

Match Types: 1on1 & 5G

First Stage – 1on1 Match Type
The first stage of this tournament will be played using the WBO 1on1 Match Type

Final Stage – 5G Match Type
The top eight players from the first stage will advance to a single elimination final using the WBBA 5G Match Type rules:

View 5G Match Type Rules (Click to View)

Note: All other existing WBO Burst Format rules unrelated to the match ruleset outlined above will apply for this event.

Tournament Bracket on Challonge

[Image: bRO7nah.png]

As always, during the tournament while we cannot give you a set time for when your next match will take place, you are welcome to follow along with the tournament bracket on Challonge. Challonge is the management tool we use to run the event.

Have a BeyStadium or Deck Box? Bring it!
We will be bringing stadiums and some deck boxes for this event, but more are always welcome!

Any BeyStadium is fine for free play, but Burst BeyStadium Standard Types (pictured below) are particularly appreciated. If you can bring one, please post here to let us know.

[Image: beyblade-burst-beystadium-standard-type.png]

Deck Boxes or any container enabling concealment and ordering of 3-5 Beyblades are also welcome, as they will be integral for the 5G Match Type in use at this event.

[Image: aunbxVE.png]

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

This event has been approved.
Time to come out of Retirement 👀
Justin TC henwooja1 1234beyblade BladerBeast Tahoor Dan Hey_its_Wasay Syed2002 Adrian Garcia MamaBlader .Rose. Aced LivioC Skotty Dawg Jabez BurstUltimate73 CelesReturner CyborgJoker noahspriggan

Hello everyone! I have a few updates about this tournament:

1. Please find the links to the Challonge  brackets below. They will be updated on the day of the event.

2. Also, I'm hoping I can get confirmation from some of you that you can bring a Burst BeyStadium Standard Type as our regular supply is currently with originalzankye and it looks like he can't make it to this event. If you can bring one, please let me know. Thanks!

Quote:Tournament Bracket on Challonge

[Image: bRO7nah.png]

As always, during the tournament while we cannot give you a set time for when your next match will take place, you are welcome to follow along with the tournament bracket on Challonge. Challonge is the management tool we use to run the event.

Have a BeyStadium or Deck Box? Bring it!
We will be bringing stadiums and some deck boxes for this event, but more are always welcome!

Any BeyStadium is fine for free play, but Burst BeyStadium Standard Types (pictured below) are particularly appreciated. If you can bring one, please post here to let us know.

[Image: beyblade-burst-beystadium-standard-type.png]

Deck Boxes or any container enabling concealment and ordering of 3-5 Beyblades are also welcome, as they will be integral for the 5G Match Type in use at this event.

[Image: aunbxVE.png]
what is a 1 on 1 5g match?
(Jun. 22, 2022  1:25 AM)Aced Wrote: what is a 1 on 1 5g match?

It means the first stage is 1 on 1 (single bey), meaning you only use one beyblade per match for the first set of matches, and then once the rounds have been played through to determine the finalists, the remaining rounds for the participants are played in 5g (similar to the 3v3 format we had last month in May, but with 5 beyblades in a lineup instead of 3).
Hey, I’d love to join, any wait list going to happen?
(Jun. 22, 2022  2:22 PM)Zidanepharaoh Wrote: Hey, I’d love to join, any wait list going to happen?

Hey! I've added you to the waitlist. I cannot guarantee a spot, but if you attend there is a good chance you can join ... there's usually a few people who don't show up despite being registered online. In the mean time though, I would keep an eye on this page as some people tend to unregister in the days leading up to an event when their plans change.
I planned to go but my Dynamite Belial and Vanish Fafnir that I ordered will not show up until next Friday. I use both a Dynamite+F Combo and a Vanish Combo for my 5G Deck for Sunday. Guess I won't show up for this tournament and sit back for Beyblade North on Saturday.
(Jun. 22, 2022  2:22 PM)Zidanepharaoh Wrote: Hey, I’d love to join, any wait list going to happen?

There's an open spot on the page now, if you'd like to join.

(Jun. 24, 2022  1:35 AM)CelesReturner Wrote: I planned to go but my Dynamite Belial and Vanish Fafnir that I ordered will not show up until next Friday. I use both a Dynamite+F Combo and a Vanish Combo for my 5G Deck for Sunday. Guess I won't show up for this tournament and sit back for Beyblade North on Saturday.

I can lend you parts if you need to - I don't have the parts for a full 5g deck either, so I wasn't planning to play.
(Jun. 24, 2022  3:01 AM)Abellia Wrote:

There's an open spot on the page now, if you'd like to join.

(Jun. 24, 2022  1:35 AM)CelesReturner Wrote: I planned to go but my Dynamite Belial and Vanish Fafnir that I ordered will not show up until next Friday. I use both a Dynamite+F Combo and a Vanish Combo for my 5G Deck for Sunday. Guess I won't show up for this tournament and sit back for Beyblade North on Saturday.

I can lend you parts if you need to - I don't have the parts for a full 5g deck either, so I wasn't planning to play.

Thanks. I think I'll change my mind if the participant count is reached.
Justin TC, 1234beyblade, BladerBeast, Tahoor, Dan, Hey_its_Wasay, Syed2002, Adrian Garcia, MamaBlader, LivioC, BurstUltimate73, Jabez, Skotty Dawg, Black Knight BB, .Rose., Aced, CelesReturner, CyborgJoker, noahspriggan

Hello everyone! As there is a chance of thunderstorms later in the afternoon tomorrow, I’ve moved the start time of this tournament to 10AM. Hopefully we can avoid them!
(Jun. 25, 2022  11:47 PM)Kei Wrote: Justin TC, 1234beyblade, BladerBeast, Tahoor, Dan, Hey_its_Wasay, Syed2002, Adrian Garcia, MamaBlader, LivioC, BurstUltimate73, Jabez, Skotty Dawg, Black Knight BB, .Rose., Aced, CelesReturner, CyborgJoker, noahspriggan

Hello everyone! As there is a chance of thunderstorms later in the afternoon tomorrow, I’ve moved the start time of this tournament to 10AM. Hopefully we can avoid them!

Sadly can't attend anymore ill just be an hour late well see you all at the next tournament on July 15th, 16th, 17th!

I can attend if the time changes to 12pm if not I don't think I can attend tho
(Jun. 26, 2022  2:15 AM)Aced Wrote: Sadly can't attend anymore ill just be an hour late well see you all at the next tournament on July 15th, 16th, 17th!

I can attend if the time changes to 12pm if not I don't think I can attend tho

Because there is a chance of thunderstorms later in the afternoon, it's going to be better for us to start earlier at 10AM and hopefully avoid that ... sorry! See you at BEYBLADE NORTH!
Can you wait I'm going be a little late
Thank you to everyone who came out today, especially with the short notice on the time switch. Turned out to be sunny day this afternoon, but I didn’t want to take any chances.

Here are the final results:

1st: Rew Rose
2nd: Kei
3rd: Dan
4th: Skotty Dawg

Congratulations to Rew Rose for his first tournament victory in just his second tournament!

Hope to see all of you next month at BEYBLADE NORTH 2022!
This matches for event have now been processed.