Survival Defense Plastic Combo

Been fine tuning this all evening, been working very well. ^^ High in survival and defense.

AR: Smash Turtle
WD: Wide Survivor (Going to change to Wide Defense once I get one)
SG: Neo Right MW (Going to change to HMC once I get one)
SP: Cross Survivor
BB: Customize Metal Change
My personal preferences lean away from this AR, but if it's working well for you there's no reason to change it. I prefer War Lion.

The BB caught me off guard though, wouldn't BK/WB/WB2 be better?

I'd change the SP to Defense Ring. If you're going to keep this BB, put an MG Core in. It weighs a bit more.
I've tried this combo with a 10 wide (I don't have a Wide Survivor) and it works pretty well IMO. Also has an attacking side to it. Heavy attackers can dispatch it easily sometimes though; I think it needs more weight, and a higher RPM (Change the AR. War Lion is great for defence as well as survival)
I actually had a friend use this blade in a couple of matches against my Infinity series combos....it didnt win against any of them but it did quite well in my opinion since it nearly outlasted my second one
What stadium did you play in?
well, he has Tornado Balance so we tried in there and then used the thunder rumbler and cyberdragoon arena...i blocked off the pockets to make the battle longer and my combos always won..the defense combo won some rounds but never complete 2/3 matches
Okay. Did you use your first infinity combo against it? The one with the Zeus AR and War Lion sub-AR? (Oh, by the way, I think Zeus's AR is called Holy Despell, but I'm not sure)

Maybe in other stadiums, the defence combo will be able to defeat Infinity.
It was the one with the Holy Dispell AR and galeon sub-ring..so yea, the first Infinity..every stadium that allows any hits and a wide variety of attack possibilities, infinity wins against that combo.defense is usually always beaten by survival so its common
True. It's just that this combo has decent survival as well as an element of attack power. That's why I wanted to know. I still think this combo would be better with War Lion though.
no i tried it, and its not as good seeing as i cant rely on my WD attack as much as i would with the Zeus AR..the infinty combos took a lot of time to make and create with LOADS of tests so i know what would work for the concept i need..u need to see it in action up close to know what i mean...but the defense combo Evan put up just cant beat it efficiently..its not that my combos are unbeatable, its just that survival is made to outlast defenders
lol, Bluezee, I was talking about Evans combo XD
oh lol...see,,i feel dumb now lol but you would be right about that seeing as how War Lion's AR and subring combined provides more defensive ability but overall, i think his combo is very good..and if he doesnt mind, i would like to try it and possibly adopt it as a defensive combo of mine although im not too much of a defensive blader
(Aug. 28, 2008  3:13 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: My personal preferences lean away from this AR, but if it's working well for you there's no reason to change it. I prefer War Lion.

The BB caught me off guard though, wouldn't BK/WB/WB2 be better?

I'd change the SP to Defense Ring. If you're going to keep this BB, put an MG Core in. It weighs a bit more.

I forgot to add that I was going to use Defense Ring once I get one. The reason I didn't use BK/WB/WB2 is I wanted something different ^^ Tired of Zombies
(Aug. 29, 2008  12:00 AM)Evan Wrote: Been fine tuning this all evening, been working very well. ^^ High in survival and defense.

AR: Smash Turtle
WD: Wide Survivor (Going to change to Wide Defense once I get one)
SG: Neo Right MW (Going to change to HMC once I get one)
SP: Cross Survivor
BB: Customize Metal Change

Have you considered using Upper Dragoon instead of Smash Turtle?
Oh yeah. Upper Dragoon weighs more doesn't it?
I always thought Smash Turtle weighed more.
Wow this is interesting. I weighed 2 Smash Turtles at 6.7 g and the other at 6.8 g. With Upper Dragoon, I had to weigh 5 in total since the difference I found was pretty big with the lightest being 6.5 g and the heaviest at 7.2 g. I guess just generally speaking, Upper Dragoon weighs more, but that doesn't exactly mean yours will.
Maybe they're made of different types of plastic. Isn't heavier the best option though? Or is lighter better?
(Aug. 29, 2008  4:38 PM)G Wrote: Wow this is interesting. I weighed 2 Smash Turtles at 6.7 g and the other at 6.8 g. With Upper Dragoon, I had to weigh 5 in total since the difference I found was pretty big with the lightest being 6.5 g and the heaviest at 7.2 g. I guess just generally speaking, Upper Dragoon weighs more, but that doesn't exactly mean yours will.

That's a pretty drastic weight difference for a single type of AR. Were they all of one kind (aka were they all Master Dragoons?), all from the same manufacturer?
(Aug. 30, 2008  1:36 AM)Grey Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2008  4:38 PM)G Wrote: Wow this is interesting. I weighed 2 Smash Turtles at 6.7 g and the other at 6.8 g. With Upper Dragoon, I had to weigh 5 in total since the difference I found was pretty big with the lightest being 6.5 g and the heaviest at 7.2 g. I guess just generally speaking, Upper Dragoon weighs more, but that doesn't exactly mean yours will.

That's a pretty drastic weight difference for a single type of AR. Were they all of one kind (aka were they all Master Dragoons?), all from the same manufacturer?

They were both Hasbro and Takara, but it was a Takara that weighed the lightest. However, there was a Takara version that weighed the same as one of the 7.2 g Hasbro ones.
Wow that makes things difficult if you're trying to make your blade as heavy as possible. Do Takara and Hasbro use different plastic or something?
(Aug. 30, 2008  4:07 PM)Gruffy McGibber Wrote: Wow that makes things difficult if you're trying to make your blade as heavy as possible. Do Takara and Hasbro use different plastic or something?

Yes, but I don't know the differences, I think takara used more durable plastic, not sure.
Hasbro re-inforced the plastic with a lot of blades
(Aug. 30, 2008  9:39 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote: Hasbro re-inforced the plastic with a lot of blades

Thank god they did.
(Aug. 30, 2008  9:39 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote: Hasbro re-inforced the plastic with a lot of blades

Capricorn Strike G being one of them,
The AR for Uriel 2 that I own has a carp tonne of dents and I haven't used it a whole lot.
I've used Capricorn Strike G's AR for ages and there's not even a dent.