Support for Shu!

(Mar. 05, 2018  3:50 PM)Suhasini Wrote: I don't know but I think that the anime has over exaggerted the whole story of Shu being Red Eye. He was only supposed to destroy Lui's bey.. and not go on crushing every beyblade in his path. (RIP twin nemesis and to introduce the ultimate reboot they made him break the reboot!?) They really left nothing to make Shu look bad! This really depends on your opinion I believe. But your fact that Kai is more fitting in comparison with Shu is totally true and as you have stated that we still don't know will Shu redeem himself or not I think is another reason for him to be in the main cast of season 3.

Yeah, I guess I'll have to see for myself how the story gets particularly laid out. I have a bit more sympathy for those who are acting more outside of a normal mental control, but even then, that can only cover so far.

I actually look extra forward to catching up, because I want to try watching the Japanese eps that aren't subbed yet. Maybe I'll be able to brush up on my studies I've gotten so rusty in. So hey, good motivation! :)

On an unrelated note, it bothers me that the forum botches the smilies if you've edited the post. Emoji imagery look so much nicer than symbols.....
(Mar. 05, 2018  3:24 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2018  9:24 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: However, Kai at least tried to redeem himself and apologised for his actions. Did Shu do either of those things? Nope, not yet anyway.

Unfair comparison, IMO. Shu's story hasn't finished playing out or reached a point where we can comfortably say he won't turn around. So, it's a useless point. But you pretty much admitted that by bringing in the "yet". So I find this as an empty point.

I have no doubt Kai has the sadder backstory. I don't think anyone here has said otherwise or would disagree. Still, I find who has a sadder story fairly irrelevant to my stance, but to be fair, I haven't seen everything with Shu in execution yet--and that's where my opinion will probably most play out. Because as I said, execution and other details can make a difference.

(But I do think we should probably stick to anime to anime comparisons, as manga details change a decent portion of this discussion.)

I feel it's still worth commenting now, despite not fully caught up yet (working on it!), since one often expects responses from those they talked to. At the end of the day, when it comes down to how we "feel" about a character, no matter what facts we sort out, it will still come down to opinions. I don't care about being right or wrong, and you can't with opinions anyway--and different opinions make things interesting. Smile

Yeah, you got me there. I'll admit that I did word that poorly and that point about Shu not redeeming himself was a bad point I made there since the story hasn't finished. I'm just thinking that if he doesn't appear next season, we won't get to see him redeem himself.

Just to respond to another point I made before, the reason I brung up the comparison of which backstory is sadder between Kai and Shu is because a lot of people wanted to give some justification for what Shu did by explaining his backstory was sad.

And yeah, I agree that it does come down to different opinions. I was just expressing my thoughts and why I disagreed with some points Smile
(Mar. 05, 2018  4:13 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: Yeah, you got me there. I'll admit that I did word that poorly and that point about Shu not redeeming himself was a bad point I made there since the story hasn't finished. I'm just thinking that if he doesn't appear next season, we won't get to see him redeem himself.

Just to respond to another point I made before, the reason I brung up the comparison of which backstory is sadder between Kai and Shu is because a lot of people wanted to give some justification for what Shu did by explaining his backstory was sad.

And yeah, I agree that it does come down to different opinions. I was just expressing my thoughts and why I disagreed with some points Smile

Yeah, I know I wasn't the only one who made the Kai comparison (just the first to really go at it), but I can only reply in a manner that fits my stance. That's pretty much what I was getting at.

I like a good discussion, all around. It's good when we can do it nicely like this. Smile
Its totally off topic and in a totally unrelated note but this just came into my mind. When corocoro said that Sr will be the last spriggan we would see, could it mean that it will be the last spriggan to be controlled or used by evil Shu? Looking at the fact that corocoro never gives it's statement in a easy to understand language and always tries to confuse us. (they saying red eye is not shu which on a truly weird way is true).
Shu was really great, for battling with full might. His opponents were just too weak and resulted in breaking their beys.
(Mar. 05, 2018  4:34 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Shu was really great, for battling with full might. His opponents were just too weak and resulted in breaking their beys.

His intentions are to break the beys. It wasn't just he was two strong. He isn't there to win, he is there to destroy.

The more you think about it the harder he is to redeem. In season 1 he was reckless and wanted to defeat Lui and that resulted in the unintentional break of S2. This lead into the Red Eye spiral because he wanted to become stronger. He lost himself, he betrayed his friends for power. And here comes all the things he did as red eye and beyond. Broke mG with lS, threw away lS because it was too weak, broke the reboot driver, broke tN, and is planning to break nL. And that is just what I remembered.

He wanted to win and disregarded the condition of his own bey, breaking it. Then he lost himself to get stronger, betrayed his bey for a stronger one, and broke multiple beys. I am starting to think he can't be redeemed.

But I went on a bit of a tangent there. What I am saying is, Shu isn't as good as you think.
Well you are looking at it from the anime perspective but of you look it from the manga side you will surely feel that the anime has over exaggerated Shu being Red Eye.But your points are pretty valid too.
And the point where you say that in season 1 he was reckless and wanted to defeat Lui was to keep his promise to Valt.
(Mar. 05, 2018  4:49 PM)MWF Wrote:
(Mar. 05, 2018  4:34 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Shu was really great, for battling with full might. His opponents were just too weak and resulted in breaking their beys.

His intentions are to break the beys. It wasn't just he was two strong. He isn't there to win, he is there to destroy.

The more you think about it the harder he is to redeem. In season 1 he was reckless and wanted to defeat Lui and that resulted in the unintentional break of S2. This lead into the Red Eye spiral because he wanted to become stronger. He lost himself, he betrayed his friends for power. And here comes all the things he did as red eye and beyond. Broke mG with lS, threw away lS because it was too weak, broke the reboot driver, broke tN, and is planning to break nL. And that is just what I remembered.

He wanted to win and disregarded the condition of his own bey, breaking it. Then he lost himself to get stronger, betrayed his bey for a stronger one, and broke multiple beys. I am starting to think he can't be redeemed.

But I went on a bit of a tangent there. What I am saying is, Shu isn't as good as you think.

Let's be honest the anime went over the top with the red eye thing and and we weren't saying that shu is a saint as for the breaking  beys parts that's the anime who did it in the manga the only bey he broke are nL and aB besides that he didn't do anything else as for the anime you can blame him for mG and the reboot driver and why are even defending tN Who belong to same people that participate in shu being red because the last time I remember tN belong to gold eye so if you ask me he had coming plus if we're going to use anime version then what about lui the writers purposely made him not break lS so that when shu breaks nL he would be even more bad just so we hate shu and feel sympathy for lui and writing all of those as a lui fan
(Mar. 05, 2018  4:59 PM)God Dragruler Wrote:
(Mar. 05, 2018  4:49 PM)MWF Wrote: His intentions are to break the beys. It wasn't just he was two strong. He isn't there to win, he is there to destroy.

Let's be honest the anime went over the top with the red eye thing and and we weren't saying that shu is a daib

Thanks for the support @[God Dragruler]!
Still I don’t see why he isn’t in the main cast of season 3. He has such an interesting and unfinished story line to continue...
(Mar. 05, 2018  4:30 PM)Suhasini Wrote: Its totally off topic and in a totally unrelated note but this just came into my mind. When corocoro said that Sr will be the last spriggan we would see, could it mean that it will be the last spriggan to be controlled or used by evil Shu? Looking at the fact that corocoro never gives it's statement in a easy to understand language and always tries to confuse us. (they saying red eye is not shu which on a truly weird way is true).

CoroCoro could also pull a "it's actually just the last Spriggan in the God series" thing on us and probably neglected to inform the audience until a new Spriggan eventually gets announced (I still stand by the fact that we'll get another Spriggan).
OK guys let's all agree on one thing the writers mess up with the shu thing the could've made him this way just for lui and back to normal with everyone else that's his friends and please forgive me if I may appear to be angry cause I'm not were just having a friendly discussion which is interesting ?
(Mar. 04, 2018  4:26 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2018  4:29 AM)Suhasini Wrote: I totally agree with God Dragruler and Frostic Fox!
Shu was a well thought character from the beginning but personally I feel he was used like a 'Lab Rat' to be precise. They went like, "Let us try a shoulder injury on him!" And then make him lose to his arc nemesis and then red eye.I totally think he deserves another chance.

I actually think it is interesting what he went through (though I'm not up to the Red Eye stuff yet). People hit hurdles, people go off the path. Hardships happen. That's life.

I know a particular character in mind that went through something more extreme who I freakin' hate though, so I guess I'll have to see for myself how it was pulled off. But his other-series counterpart is one I love, so there's that.

(Mar. 04, 2018  2:52 PM)SupremeBlxder24 Wrote: SHU IS POO SHU IS POO SHU IS POO

Well, aren't we a classy fellow?  Tongue_out

LOL its a joke between me and silversylveon even though I still really dislike shu
A new Spriggan would be cool and all but what parts would it have? LOL didn't it get everything from every bey? if there is another Spriggan TT is gonna have some radical design with a stuipd driver.
(Mar. 05, 2018  6:53 PM)KnightPro Wrote: A new Spriggan would be cool and all but what parts would it have? LOL didn't it get everything from every bey? if there is another Spriggan TT is gonna have some radical design with a stuipd driver.

Or it could just be a S2 with metal. With a new Disk and Fusion like driver.
(Mar. 05, 2018  6:51 PM)SupremeBlxder24 Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2018  4:26 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I actually think it is interesting what he went through (though I'm not up to the Red Eye stuff yet). People hit hurdles, people go off the path. Hardships happen. That's life.

I know a particular character in mind that went through something more extreme who I freakin' hate though, so I guess I'll have to see for myself how it was pulled off. But his other-series counterpart is one I love, so there's that.

Well, aren't we a classy fellow?  Tongue_out

LOL its a joke between me and silversylveon even though I still really dislike shu

It’s a really mean type of joke ?
Did you guys see all the Spriggan focus in the February CoroCoro thread?

Seems odd that it would get so much toward it, you know? On one hand, it could be a farewell to Spriggan, but on the other hand, TT's kinda stupid if it's really popular and they don't have some sort of follow-up in Super Z (with Shu). Because lets face it, the manga and anime are just to help sell the beys. The beys are where the money's really at.
(Mar. 06, 2018  5:10 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Did you guys see all the Spriggan focus in the February CoroCoro thread?

Seems odd that it would get so much toward it, you know? On one hand, it could be a farewell to Spriggan, but on the other hand, TT's kinda stupid if it's really popular and they don't have some sort of follow-up in Super Z (with Shu). Because lets face it, the manga and anime are just to help sell the beys. The beys are where the money's really at.
Yes you right! It is really weird..
Guys check the chouzetsu thread! 
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-3rd-Bey...pid1423490
There are comic scans of the corocoro issue..
By Ninja Blader..
And I can't see Shu..
(Mar. 12, 2018  12:48 PM)Suhasini Wrote: Guys check the chouzetsu thread! 
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-3rd-Bey...pid1423490
There are comic scans of the corocoro issue..
By Ninja Blader..
And I can't see Shu..

Noooo, I think Shu deserves a second chance
Unless he just hasn't appeared on the poster of the manga but will still appear (kinda like Hoji, Akira or Jin), does that mean Shu won't get a redemption arc? Lame
I can't forgive Shu after he ripped Besu.
(Mar. 12, 2018  6:08 PM)KnightPro Wrote: I can't forgive Shu after he ripped Besu.

Lol get over it, blame the writers for that and who's Besu am i missing something
(Mar. 12, 2018  6:22 PM)God Dragruler Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2018  6:08 PM)KnightPro Wrote: I can't forgive Shu after he ripped Besu.

Lol get over it, blame the writers for that and who's Besu am i missing something

Ken did nothing too Shu though and Besu is kens puppet.. it meant alot to him I'm just kind of tired of Shu in general